Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jane.brown4552241138 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 8:19:48 AM(UTC)
jane.brown4552241138

Groups: Registered

I have downloaded the software before I purchase the Cricut Mini to see how it all works. I do not own any Cricut products so this is all new to me. I am hoping you fabulous people can help me. If I download a free or paid for image does it remain on my account all the time so if I have computer issues and loose things my end will they still be on my account? I don't own any cartridges so can I purchase any image I want or do some only come as a set? If it is a free image for the week once I have downloaded it will it last forever, sorry sounds as silly question! I have been checking out reviews and some people are loving the Cricut Mini and some not so, some having cutting issues? I really want one but can't seem to get my head around what people are saying about it. Can you help me make my mind up?

Yours hopefully
Jane
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 11:33:38 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)

I'll try to answer each of your questions to the best of my ability:

Originally Posted by: jane.brown4552241138 Go to Quoted Post
I have downloaded the software before I purchase the Cricut Mini to see how it all works. I do not own any Cricut products so this is all new to me. I am hoping you fabulous people can help me.

If I download a free or paid for image does it remain on my account all the time so if I have computer issues and loose things my end will they still be on my account? When you buy an image, image set or digital Cartridge they are forever linked to your login registered account. This means, everytime you log in to CCR, your purchase will be there. Keep in mind these ARE NOT downloaded to your computer and you CANNOT use CCR offline.

I don't own any cartridges so can I purchase any image I want or do some only come as a set? You get a free cartridge set when you register initially to CCR. Also, if the mini is connected to your computer when you boot up CCR, you get an additional 4 sets of images. As to purchasing images. There is a limited number of single images, a couple of 5-6 image sets, but mostly you have to purchase the whole cartridge.

If it is a free image for the week once I have downloaded it will it last forever, sorry sounds as silly question! Again, the images are not downloaded to your computer, they are only "linked" to your account. At the end of the week cycle (usually Wednesday) the images are replaced with new ones.

I have been checking out reviews and some people are loving the Cricut Mini and some not so, some having cutting issues? I have a Personal, Expression, Cake and Mini and I find myself using the mini more than the others. But I use it with my Gypsy, which incidentally, I can't live without.

I really want one but can't seem to get my head around what people are saying about it. Can you help me make my mind up? I hope I cleared up some of the questions you had. But ultimately, this is a personal decision Laugh Hope This helps!

Yours hopefully
Jane