Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GayleWheaton1 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 04, 2012 12:25:26 PM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 65 time(s) in 41 post(s)
BigGrin Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me:
**In the last week I had a student do the Update before she came to class and I was teaching her about using the E2, I came across an icon I don't think I've ever seen before - on the 'Apply All' screen in the box with the choice of True/Relative size and the Paper Saver icons, there's one next to PS that looks as if it's a score-line around a square, allowing it to fold up the 'flaps'. The label said something about a tool.......Is this the scoring setting for using TTBM2?? Have they finally put in the 'fix' so the E2 will score correctly???Drool

**Have they increased the 'Art Quantity' # of repeats like they did the 'Project Quantity' - and what's the new maximum? We increased to 52 & I decided to ask rather than see if was the 299 like the regular E...

**Today I just saw a reference to going into a settings screen (they didn't specify which #) until you see a tool in order to re-calibrate your screen [I have had some previous students who had difficulty with the machine recognizing where they tap]. To me that sounds like Settings Screen #4 - top right - but during the class (as usual) when we went there & tapped on that Icon, we only saw the drop-down giving you the 'Original Blade #' numbers. So is this a "recalibration" screen, also???

Thank you SOOOO much for helping me - I've been teaching Cricut for over 5 years, but chose not to get the E2 (I got more carts instead!Blushing ) for myself. I've researched, used them, etc. until I've been able to easily use it & teach it, but since no one seems to ever post just what changes are found in the Updates, I always have to try to figure them out on my own Glare - anyway, MANY Thanks for any help you can give me!!
 1 user thanked GayleWheaton1 for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/4/2012(UTC)
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 7:03:41 PM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

United States

Crying Is there anybody out there???Confused
I also posted this in Cricut Chat (since hardly anyone comes here, apparently), but no one answered there & it seems that my post is now goneHuh
I'm a nice person - and I've helped 600+ learn to use their Cricuts - is there anyone who can answer my question so I can know what's new??
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2012 9:21:20 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GayleWheaton1 Go to Quoted Post
BigGrin Hello, I'm hoping someone can help me:
**In the last week I had a student do the Update before she came to class and I was teaching her about using the E2, I came across an icon I don't think I've ever seen before - on the 'Apply All' screen in the box with the choice of True/Relative size and the Paper Saver icons, there's one next to PS that looks as if it's a score-line around a square, allowing it to fold up the 'flaps'. The label said something about a tool.......Is this the scoring setting for using TTBM2?? Have they finally put in the 'fix' so the E2 will score correctly???Drool

Yes, the new icon is called the Multi Tool and is used with TBBM2. You still have to do the scoring layer first then the cutting layer. Make sure the Multi tool is selected before adding the layer to the mat. It also needs to be turned off when not using TBBM2.

**Have they increased the 'Art Quantity' # of repeats like they did the 'Project Quantity' - and what's the new maximum? We increased to 52 & I decided to ask rather than see if was the 299 like the regular E...

The Art quantity limit appears to be 99. Or that's the highest the number in that box will go to.

**Today I just saw a reference to going into a settings screen (they didn't specify which #) until you see a tool in order to re-calibrate your screen [I have had some previous students who had difficulty with the machine recognizing where they tap]. To me that sounds like Settings Screen #4 - top right - but during the class (as usual) when we went there & tapped on that Icon, we only saw the drop-down giving you the 'Original Blade #' numbers. So is this a "recalibration" screen, also???

The calibration option is on the 5th page of the Settings menu. It's the second icon on the first line.

Thank you SOOOO much for helping me - I've been teaching Cricut for over 5 years, but chose not to get the E2 (I got more carts instead!Blushing ) for myself. I've researched, used them, etc. until I've been able to easily use it & teach it, but since no one seems to ever post just what changes are found in the Updates, I always have to try to figure them out on my own Glare - anyway, MANY Thanks for any help you can give me!!

Edited by user Wednesday, November 07, 2012 9:22:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
GayleWheaton1 on 11/8/2012(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/9/2012(UTC)
GayleWheaton1 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 08, 2012 8:30:26 PM(UTC)
GayleWheaton1

United States

BigGrin BigGrin Love THANK YOU!!!BigGrin BigGrin
FionaWallace Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 1:47:34 PM(UTC)
FionaWallace

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Gayle thanks for asking your questions. I have been having terrible problems with the scoring tool for TBBM2 but now I know how to sort it. BigGrin