Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#121 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:46:59 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
It's actually a Novella Raquel which simply means its a bit shorter than a regular novel. It's a romance with inspirational meaning in it. I can't wait till its finished. Getting along with it beautifully now. Strange just had to ditch the old version! :) LOL!

Yes, I agree that it is Cricut being lazy. It's quite rude nonetheless with such a great product that they can't get any better. Drives me nuts! :)

Well that sounds really interesting. I can't wait until you finish it BigGrin

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#122 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:48:54 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

SandyPalmer: I love your Christmas card and the image is so cute! Wonderful job with everything on here and thanks for the link!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#123 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:54:00 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well as usual... I'm pretty much gone during the weekends but try to come on here and say hello. I pulled my back out again last night Crying ... I was scrubbing the tub before giving my son a bath and it just happened and it was worse than the previous "pull"

I just laid down on the couch for the rest of the night after giving him a bath and watched a movie with hubby. We watched "Snow White and the Huntsman" and I thought it was good... not great... but good. They did an awesome job with graphics and animation but I was just eh on the story

Anyway, pulled back or not... today is still laundry day and vacuum day... I'm taking my time but that is what I need to get done today

Also...

Michelle is next in line to host but she has family duties coming up so I'll be hosting next so I need to get my sketches ready. Just like this time around... we're going to do it for 2 weeks and then we'll take a "break" and start again after the new year
DeeScraps Offline
#124 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:02:52 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 727 time(s) in 558 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyPalmer Go to Quoted Post
I have been having loads of problems coming on here, but I was able to make one card, and hope it posts!
Been doing a lot of Christmas shopping, and a lot of running around! Heading back out again so I have to make this quick! Wonderful job as always Ladies!
Oh, and over at My Paper Crafting http://www.mypapercrafting.com/ they are doing the 25 Days of Christmas! Melin is giving a free digi away each day so you may want to go and check it out! The snowman digi is a free digi for today! :)

This is a really cute card and stamps. I guess I was too late to get it. 'll check it out again.

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#125 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:17:19 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Raquel......so sorry you pulled your back. That's the pits!!!! Do take it easy. I'm glad will be doing another two weeks. It's such a busy time fo everyone.

Your #2 sketch came out really nice. Good use of the Ad Colors. I like the cut and the embossing folder you used.

Turtle lady.....you asked if I used the MS punch for the wreath....no, it's a die- cut from My Favorite Things. I'm so glad I bought it...it works great on Christmas cards. Using the paper bow will make them easier to mail. Their store is near my house.....so it's a BIG TEMPTATION. I have to limit how often I let myself go in. I want one of everything!!!!

I'll also check out the Darice folders.

Joyful Carol.....Sketch #1 very cute. This sketch has me completely baffled. I like how you interpited it. sketch #2 also works very well. I love how you used the lace around the heart.

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#126 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:24:30 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I tried to posst this photo last night but Photobucket was giving me a hard time. I guess they changed it again......?

This is my card #2. I borrowed the idea from Nana Donna's card where she used two colors of the same paper. These papers came from My Mines Eye - Christmas Pad I used the MFT wreath die-cut again.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]
BingoLady Offline
#127 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 12:00:43 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 649 post(s)
Turtlebug, thankyou for asking, I stamp first then I emboss.

Carol, wonderful card, the buck is a nice touch.

Raquel, as always you make pretty cards, love the colors and all the decor you use.

Sandy, love your Xmas card the snowman is so adorable.

Dee, wonderful Xmas card ,

Sorry ladies I've got make it short before it disappears.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 12/3/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#128 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 12:14:10 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

DeeScraps: love the effect of the two different colored papers split down the middle and having the wreath to tie it all up together... very pretty
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 12/3/2012(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#129 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 12:16:15 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady wrote:

Sorry ladies I've got make it short before it disappears.

I think we've pretty much all given up on making super long comments. Have you tried typing out your comments outside of the forum? Use notepad or a word document then just copy the whole thing here as a post that way even if it gives you an error, you still have the original copy... just a suggestion. I know all these errors are getting really frustrating for all of us
*NanaDonna* Offline
#130 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 2:46:41 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2611 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Actually, the paper printed with hearts is from my stash of Valentine's Day papers and the flip side is white. The pink on the right is just pink cardstock I embossed with a Darice embossing folder called "Hearts". She has really neat embossing folders on-line and at a very good price. Don't know the link...I was enabled by my awesome mentor...NanaDonna, to order some!Laugh Am thinking I need to order more, especially Christmas ones. Laugh Maybe, if NanaDonna reads this she will still have the link to Darice and post it here.

Here is the link for Consumer Crafts that carries the Darci folders and many others. Great place to order from and they have Core d'nations card stock that is wonderful. Plus for this month they have $1.97 shipping on orders over $25 or free for orders over $100.

I am here peaking in now and then but have been trying to force myself to stay concentrated on making my Christmas cards. I am making a little headway RollEyes trying to keep them simple and quick. ThumpUp I will take pictures and post when I get some more done. The reason I am trying to get these done is because EmmaWub along with her Mommy and Daddy will be here 12/19 and I want to have them all done and mailed before they arrive.

Also have been working on a Bday card for my son who's birthday is later this month.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:28:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: OOPS forgot to add the link

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 12/3/2012(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#131 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 4:10:16 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
those of you that have the cuttlebug I need your help... I finally brought some of the spellbinders nestabilities and the tan mat... but I need to know how to sandwich them... love your help I am not understanding how it is done... it sounds as if I might be cutting up my tan mat when I emboss...??? thanks for your help in advance!!!
*NanaDonna* Offline
#132 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 7:36:08 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Carrottop - the sandwich to use the Spellbinders in your Cuttlebug is inside the Spellbinder package, it includes the sandwich for cutting and embossing. Watch out they are very addicting LOL
Nancy J. on 12/3/2012(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#133 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 7:52:18 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

[quote=carrottop50;1612504]those of you that have the cuttlebug I need your help... I finally brought some of the spellbinders nestabilities and the tan mat... but I need to know how to Blushing

There should be instructions on the package that the Nestibilities came in. I use the A plate, C plate, then the die on top of that with the sharp side facing up. Now put your paper on top of that and one B plate. Now you run it thourgh to cut your shape. You should leave the cut paper inside of the die but you want to slip the C plate out. Put the tan mat on top of that and the two B plates. My machine has always been very loose so I need more "shims" than most people do. It does put "indents" on my rubber mat, but I don't think it's harming them. I really never thought about it. Sounds like you didn't buy the Grand Caliber?

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Nancy J. on 12/4/2012(UTC)
SandyPalmer Offline
#134 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:27:26 AM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
This doesn't follow any of the sketches, but thought I would share! I have been trying to finish up all my Christmas cards! I only have one left to make! :)
Last night I went out shopping with my son for an engagement ring for his girlfriend! Fun times! :)
SandyPalmer attached the following image(s):
00101.jpg
Nancy J. Offline
#135 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:48:57 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Thanks all that answered my question about the spellbinders dies...I had read it but thought I didn't understand it because it would chew up my rubber mat but with the paper in there it doesn't do that... again thanks!!!!

Dee yes I did order the Calibur which I will not be able to use until Christmas... (unless my hubby is sleeping and doesn't know it Laugh ) But my hubby and I was out and about shopping and I seen the tan mat for the spellbinders dies and told my hubby that was what I have been looking for and had not seen in my area so he bought it for me along with a few new spellbinders dies...so I just had to try them on my cuddlebug.... oh Christmas is going good so far... BigGrin

My DGG has decided to be a teacher (only 3 more years of college) so I will save all my machines for her to use for her classroom instead of selling or giving them away. Plus she loves scrapbooking and card making. Well she loves my scrapbooking and card making so I am sure some day she will do this herself. Any time she had a project for school and she could use my scrapbooking supplies she would be here for hours... some times into the early hours of the morning. Just think I will be able to help her set up her bulletin boards in her classroom... oh now that will be fun.
Joyful Carol Offline
#136 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:55:39 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
carrottop50- If you still have questions on layering things for your machine, I would suggest looking it up on youtube for a demonstration. This is what I did for my BigShot machine and saw some great demos so I knew I had it right.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#137 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:32:21 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

OOPS Blushing sorry I forgot to add the link for Consumer CraftsHERE[/url]

ALSO they are having a great sale today on Cricut machines, I know many of you have talked about how your machines are acting up well they have some great price but I think it is a today only sale

Edited by user Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:21:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ on 12/5/2012(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#138 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:35:50 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Dee - just love your wreath card for #2.

Sandy - Wonderful card as I told you, thanks for the link. Exciting times ahead.

Sue

Thanks everyone for joining in this time.
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#139 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:44:35 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Okay got a second card done. I made an anniversary card on this one for my sister and her husband. Their anniversary is just before Christmas. So I had to get it done! Enjoy.

http://things4me2love.bl...is-anniversary-card.html

Sandy Love your snow card and the lamp makes it classy. Nice touches! :)
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#140 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:43:33 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
[quote=♥ Raquel ♥;1612321][size=6][color=darkblue]Well as usual... I'm pretty much gone during the weekends but try to come on here and say hello. I pulled my back out again last night Crying ... I was scrubbing the tub before giving my son a bath and it just happened and it was worse than the previous "pull"

So sorry you did it again. That's can't be fun. :(