Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5152535455>»
Lizzy Offline
#1561 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 12:34:12 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Woo-hoo!! I just finished my lesson plans for the first week I am teaching in January...well that is, except for the science part that I'm meeting my colleagues this next week. I also need to go upstairs and print a bunch of stuff but once I do that I will have it done. I may take it all to work on Wednesday and try to get it organized when I am there on Wednesday, too! That would be fabulous. I still have some work to do here...grade some math tests and score some writing. That may be all I have to do, actually. If I could get all of that done, I could actually take most of my books and papers back to school, too, on Wednesday! I will definitely take as much back as I possibly can, for sure.

Yes, Paula, I will try to take pictures of the altered journals when I get them finished. I don't know where I will post them...here or FB. Whichever is easier! LOL

I am loving this new furniture. The chaise part of the sofa is fabulous for doing work on. I'm able to stretch my legs out and use my lap desk with my laptop on it. It's really great!

I've been going through my magazines tearing out anything I want to save. Anyway, I read an interesting article about furniture...apparently end tables should not be lower than the height of the arm of the chair/sofa. I didn't know that. Duh! I'll have to replace some tables! Oh my!!

Earlier today, Terry was talking about putting the tree up tomorrow. I don't know how serious he was about that, but I'd rather work upstairs in the bonus room since I have to babysit Ruby next week again. So, I might talk it out with him and see what he thinks.

I'll check in tomorrow, friends. Everyone take care...Pat have a fun day with your grandchildren! Be sure and post some pictures.

Rhonda will be busy getting her exective/corporate/super-duper secretary no-nonsense business clothes all ready...probably suits and high heels and lots and lots of panty hose and glasses on chains to hang around her neck and sharpening her pencils and making sure she has lots of erasers and red pens. WOW! You'd better check all your math if you're working for her!!

I bet she'll even take her lunch all neat and tidy in Tupperware containers so she doesn't spoil the environment like the women I work with...including putting their two cookies into plastic containers....unlike me who uses everything disposable to offset some of their "green habits." Of course, I make a point of showing them how much I pollute each day, too! (No matter, I GAVE them some of my Tupperware to use since I had a ton of it.)

So, Rhonda, I hope you can drop in tomorrow and let us know how accurate my predictions are, especially with respect to your attire for work...the pantyhose and business suits and glasses on the chains around your neck.

Good night to everyone!
rm920 Offline
#1562 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 6:41:53 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning from foggy Kansas...

Paula, you sure got a good workout yesterday! Hope you can finish the wood chopping before the snow startsLaugh I don't think you could get anything up your hill in the snow!

Lizzy, Woo Hoo on getting so much of the school work completed. You could move to Kansas. We have 2 major airports and it is centrally located. I would sure love having you here. As for my work attire, NO high heels and pantyhose! Dress will be business casual, so slacks and blouses/sweaters etc will be the style of choice. I don't even know where my desk will be so not sure how warm/cool it will be. I already have butterflies. Last time I started a new job was 26 years ago1

Pat, have fun with the grands and the gingerbread houses. Not sure if my grands will want to do it this year. We missed last year for the fist time in many years. Also, enjoy the cookie exchange. I would think that would be lots of fun!

Laurie, guess Sadie wasn't too excited about the dancing Santa. Gotta love her anyway. Glad the zumba class went so well. If you were closer I would join your group.

Today, I will try to finish the desk calendar. I may not have enough embellishments but will scrounge around to see what I can find. Also want to get my cards addressed, comments made and signed - ready to mail. Then I have some book work to get done. That should keep me out of trouble today Wink
Flee57 Offline
#1563 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 3:10:36 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Hello! A quick one anyway!

Lizzy, I just know that some day you will move to the Cinci/Northern KY area! Congrats to Sarah! You are really keeping busy!

Pat, would love to have gone to the parade with you. Rhonda's parade too. Hope you are having lots of fun with the Grands today!

Rhonda! Congrats! I knew something would come up for you fairly quickly. Good luck on Monday!

Paula, cookies are adorable!

Nancy, good to hear from you. I haven't been on a lot lately but I am going to pop in more often.

Carrie, hope you are having a grand time in FL

Been cleaning all day. Moving summer clothes into bins and taking my winter clothes out. i've decided i have more Curves clothes that regular clothes. Loved the Zumba class. Messed up a lot but that is fine. Did it today for practice. Next one is tomorrow morning...7:15.

I have to go figure out dinner. I will try to come back in later. I am determined to hang up all my laundry tonight but will pop in when I take a break.

Later!
Lizzy Offline
#1564 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 3:19:44 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Ahhh, Rhonda...I'm sure you are nervous...but take a big, deep breath and tell yourself that you are very competent, intelligent, kind, and have a nice sense of humor. They would not have hired you if they did not trust you to do a good job. You will be a great employee and they are lucky to have you! I know you are nervous, but trust me, once the butterflies settle down, you will relax and things will be just fine!

You never know about your grandchildren and getting together and doing things like baking cookies or making gingerbread houses. Sometimes, it's the getting together that's important...not the finished product! LOL I wish my girls were more interested in something like decorating cookies than making the gingerbread house! Or, perhaps, making a pie or two.

We were going to put up the tree but Terry is on a push to get some work done and I want to work upstairs (not that I've gone up there yet) but I think we'll wait. I can drag the boxes out tomorrow while I'm dogsitting.

I have been watching football...I got into the Rams/49'ers game and now the Steelers/Ravens are playing. I've got to stop this nonsense! What is really silly is that I can watch it upstairs while I purge, too!

Now, of course, I'm hungry for lunch, so that delays the inevitable even more.

I am going up to my school district tomorrow to get my TB test, but I think I'm not going to go to my school at all. I'm going to go back on Wednesday for the day, so that is the day I will put in the whole day and take my books to leave there, etc. I'll get my TB test read that day, too.

Kat and Malcolm want the old coffee table, so I'm going to move it into the guest room later today. That means I have to get serious about getting some other table(s) for the family room. I guess the order of getting this done is: assemble other chair, position all furniture, then decide what we need to get, go get it.

I'd better get another TO DO list going here:

TO DO:
--finish laundry
--work in bonus room
--tidy up family room
--move coffee table to guest room for storage
--print school stuff (math test, math review for test, myth about Raven, to do list for school)

Paula, your idea for the small pink scrapbook sounds nice. I have quite a few small scrapbooks I am going to donate to the Make a Wish organization. Several of them have a Mickey Mouse logo on the front and since so many kids' wish is to go to Disneyland or Disney World it is great that they can use these books to make a scrapbook of their trip. My therapist does volunteer work with Make a Wish and she will take the scrapbooks to them. They are Creative Memory scrapbooks and the pages are about 5 x 5. The biggest problem is that I don't know how many page protectors there are for all the books and pages I am donating. I think I originally bought the books for my own girls but we never used them and I doubt that I would now. I find that size is a bit on the small size and I'd rather donate them and get them out of here than keep hanging on to them.

Oh, Rhonda...question for you....I know one airport is in Kansas City...where is the other one? Topeka? How is your cost of living there in Kansas? We are looking at overall cost of living figures, too. One area Terry is also talking about is the Waco area of Texas. I can't really comment on that since I've never been there. Or something between Austin and Waco. Still no comment other than I want four seasons.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1565 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 6:27:44 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good morning ladies!

Yesterday was full. Shopped with Cathy, then went out of town with DS to see his friend in a concert. Didn't realize we were going to see Handels Messiah, not quite what we were expecting. Oh well, he was glad we were there. After we left home we got a phone call from him asking if his mom and brother could ride with us so we picked them up on the way. After the concert we ended up going out to eat and to Target so his mom could pick up a few things for him. (he is living in a dorm a college) Then we we dropped him off he insisted DS see his room and then the drive home was foggy. Needless to say it ended up being a waaaayyy longer trip than expected.

Rhonda, I am thinking of you today and hoping all goes well for you. Hope those butterflies take off and you have a good day of learning the new job.

Rhonda, loved the pic of the kids with their houses. It looks like you had a great time.

Lizzy, it sounds like you are making the most of your time off. A little work, a little shopping, a little organizing, amd a little fun. :)
Great idea to donate your books to Make A Wish. I am sure they will utilize them.

I need to get moving and get out the door for my monday house. I am already dreading tomorrow because DS has to work his job so he can't go with me. At least it's not monster house but it is a big one that takes me 5 hours. ugh!

Happy Monday everyone!!
Lizzy Offline
#1566 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 11:35:26 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Monday morning friends!

I'm thinking of Rhonda this morning and hope those butterflies took flight! I hope she posts this evening and lets us know how her day went.

Laurie, I had to laugh when you said you had more Curves clothing than other clothing. I'm not surprised!

Here in S. Cal., we don't really switch our clothes too much. It's more a matter of rearranging the closet. Nothing goes into storage for me. And, it's always a good time to weed out things I haven't worn for a long time. I usually do it when I'm off track this time around...I guess I should add that to my list.

I worked upstairs last night and came to an ugly conclusion. What bothers me the most about that room is the CLUTTER. There is so much stuff OUT. Stuff on my desk, stuff on my scrapping tables, stuff on the bookcase tops, stuff here, stuff there. That is what drives me crazy. Plus the room is absolutely crammed with furniture. You cannot get another piece in there and move around. I have to get rid of some of the stuff and get rid of some of the furniture.

This is very therapeutic. As I wrote this, I just decided to move my sewing machine into the guest room closet and get rid of the desk it has been sitting on. The desk is falling apart. That will clear out some of the clutter! YAY!!

On my agenda for today is dogsitting while Terry is one the phone, getting my TB test, and maybe dragging the Christmas boxes out of the storage area. The man did not come to get the old family room furniture so our entryway is very crowded right now. I may wait on the Christmas boxes until tomorrow. While I'm out getting my TB test, I need to stop and buy some milk, too. I should think about anything else I need to buy...Christmas shopping, etc.

Paula, your concert sounded like fun, but not the long trip associated with it. You are very kind people, though, and always help out your fellow passengers! I'm sure it was enjoyable, though.

Today, I am going to get my TB test. Then, I go back on Wednesday and have it read. That is the day, I will work all day up at school. We are required to work 3 days at school throughout the year. We are paid to work those days, but they are not scheduled...we just pick them and work them. I don't think I've worked my three yet, so this will be one of them. It's already 10:30 so I'd better get moving soon.

Everyone take care. I'll be back later today.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1567 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 4:23:15 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

hmmm....waiting to hear how Rhonda's day went....Flapper
rm920 Offline
#1568 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 5:56:58 PM(UTC)
rm920

Whew!!! What a day. There is so much to learn but I think once I get the hang of everything, I will really like this job. For the most part, I like all the people I am working with. And it sure made the day go by so much faster when I was busy the entire day!

Paula, sounds like the play went well, even though you were gone longer than anticipated. It was nice that you could give the other parents a ride - carpooling is always a good thing!

Pat, the GB houses turned out great. And all the kids looked very proud of their creations. How was the cookie exchange?

Lizzy, sounds like you have a house full! Well, furniture anyway! As for the cost of living here is KS, it is much lower than either coast. It is a little higher in the big cities but still lower that coastal cities. The other airport is in Wichita. It is not as big but I have found it cheaper on several trips. As for DH, he may want to stay more in the KC area, but there are lots of places to choose from! Would love to have you closer! Or maybe midway between Laurie and I so we could get together more often.

Tomorrow night is Amber's holiday music program. She has a small solo so she is a bit nervous. I can't wait to see her performance. She will sing and play in the band!
Lizzy Offline
#1569 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 5:59:37 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Yes, indeed....Rhonda, I see you are here with me....I hope you are planning to tell us all about it. You know we are one of your fan clubs!

While waiting, I will tell you about the excitement (not really) at Target today. I went there to get milk and of course, bought a ton of other things. I did find the cutest ear-of-corn holders to put into Terry's stocking: they are dachshunds! One piece is the head and the other piece is the tail! SO CUTE!!

Anyway, while checking out, I heard a bunch of yelling. It turned out they were apprehending one or two shoplifters! I saw them talking to one guy and them loading him into a police car. I thought they had another girl in a different spot with handcuffs on, but I didn't stick around long enough to see if they loaded her up as well.

I wanted to buy a wreath and some garland to decorate...at least the wreath...but they had a wreath already decorated for $25 and I thought I could do one myself for less money...or at least one I would like better! LOL

So, tomorrow, I might go to Michael's and see what they have. I might get some garland to put up as well. I may be driving the furniture over to my housekeeper's tomorrow so I could go to Michael's on my way home. I have to work some more tonight on the bonus room, too.

OK...well, I'll check back later and give a report.
Flee57 Offline
#1570 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:10:20 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Rhonda, so happy to hear that your day was a good one! It's great when you feel that a job is the right fit. Enjoy Amber's performance tomorrow.

Paula, sounds like you had a long but enjoyable evening.

I just got finished watching The Voice. These young people just have the most awesome voices. I love that show!

2nd Zumba class was today and I had a great time again! Someone said we should make a video. I asked D if he would do it for us. he said he would. Some of the ladies suggested a glass of wine before class. Class was at 7:15 am! LOL

Well, I'm going back to purging paper in a bit.

Later!

imnchghere Offline
#1571 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 8:58:54 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Good evening friends.. Been very busy the past few days. The Scottish Walk was fun. The weather was pleasant enough and then we all went to lunch. I didn’t take a lot of pictures since I have so many from past years. My new camera takes video and those were about it for pics.
Saturday evening I made the cookies for the cookie exchange. They were not what I had hoped for, but they were ok. Chocolate Caramel Thumbprints. A lot of steps and if Jim hadn’t been helping, they wouldn’t have gotten done.

Sunday we did the gingerbread houses. The kids did great this year. We gave awards and they tried really hard to do a good job. This is the first time they have had a bigger house.
The cookie exchange was awesome. The hostess does a wonderful job. We ended up with 8 dozen cookies. Not as many unique cookies this year, but still some I have never made or heard of. Yummo!!

I have read all the posts, but can’t remember what all I read.
Rhonda, so glad the first work day went well. You will catch on quickly I am sure. Enjoy Amber’s program.

Lizzy, you have made great progress so far. Clutter is what was making me crazy also. The more things I started getting rid of the easier it got and the better I felt. Even though I am NOT through yet, I see such a difference and can’t wait to get back to work. We are taking care of some personal things this week, but we have a load for the landfill and another for donation this weekend.
I need to get to bed. We have an early morning lined up. Hello everyone. Have a great week.
Lizzy Offline
#1572 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 12:49:04 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening....very late evening...my friends!

Rhonda, I'm so glad you like the job! I know the beginning of any job is stressful and there's always lots to learn, but once that is over, knowing you will be happy there is really great! I'm so very happy for you!!

Pat, thanks for your words of encouragement on the purging.

I talked some with Laurie this afternoon about it, too.

I've made some decisions about the room and am feeling quite happy about them. All of the bookshelves are tall and actually quite wide. There are a total of five of them in the room right now, three on one wall and two on the opposite wall. I think I am going to move one of the two to the wall with the other three and then move the remaining one out of the room into the hallway where it is a bit wider. At the present time, we have an etagiere (spelling??) there, but it's always been a nuisance to me...things fall off the back of it, etc. I don't exactly know what I will do with the etagiere, but I might just get rid of it! I've never been overly fond of it (we've had it for almost 30 years, so I think we've gotten our $$'s worth out of it, right?)

I want to move my desk and filing cabinet to the side of the room that would be empty, thus opening up a bunch of space. I think it would feel way less oppressive to me as I come up the stairs. (One side of the room is open, like a loft.)

Anyway, I'm thinking aloud here. I kept working tonight for a couple of hours and managed to go through a bunch of books and papers, making my piles....and filling garbage bags. I need to begin to move things out of there soon or I won't actually "see" the progress I'm making!

I don't know if we are moving furniture tomorrow or not. I forgot to call my housekeeper and they didn't call me, so I'll get up and get ready "just in case" they show up. That could really happen, so I need to be prepared. I did not get the journal made today and I need to get the gifts for the outdoor supervisors made. I decided to use store-bought gift boxes (they look like Chinese carry-out cartons) and I'll put their little gloves in those with some cookies I'll make tomorrow. The cookies aren't anything special....slice and bake....and if I have some colored sprinkles, I'll add those. If not...oh well! I will also put some Hershey's Kisses in the box as well. So, I will be busy downstairs tomorrow, dogsitting and baking and all.

But, if I go to deliver this furniture, I may likely stop at Michael's on the way home to check out the wreaths and stuff.

Well, that's all my chit-chat!

Paula, I'll be thinking about you as you clean the big house (that sounds like you're cleaning Sing-Sing or something like that - LOL). I'm sorry Tay can't help you tomorrow. Hey, do you remember those Scentsy cubes you gave me that you didn't like? I broke off one tonight to melt and I like the smell! Thanks again.

Speaking of gingerbread houses, Pat, I almost bought one at Target, but then decided to get one from Michael's...I usually get one there...I think it's the Wilton brand. We did the hot-gluing it together the night before like you mentioned last year and it worked really well!

I'm being nosy, but how come you had additional children this year? Are they the children of your single daughter's boyfriend? They look to be of similar ages...at least I think I recognized your grandchildren and picked out the newcomers!

Well, everyone, take care. I'll "see" you tomorrow.
rm920 Offline
#1573 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:50:40 AM(UTC)
rm920

good morning friends...

Paula, take a deep breath and continue. You can do the big house, just one thing at a time. I know it sure is great when DS can help you out. Did you ever get rid of the extra furniture you had accumulated?

Lizzy, sounds like you have a great plan for furniture re-organization. Having all the bookcases on one wall will make it seem like a library! And it opens a free area for you! I like the little gift box you are making for the outdoor supervisors. Fresh cookies are good even if sliced and baked! Get rid of those trash sacks so you can see your progress! That will be so motivating.

Laurie, thanks for a chuckle this morning! Some days a glass of wine at 7:30 am would be a good thing! Have a great time at Zumba. And how nice that DH will do the videoing for you.

Nothing new here. Having a quick bite after work with a friend then heading to Amber's program.
Nancycs Offline
#1574 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 6:51:09 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Rhonda I am glad your job is going well so far. I think it helps a lot when you like the people you work with too. Enjoy Amber's program!

Lizzy you sure have a lot of bookshelves in that one room. I am sure it will help to move one out. You are really making progress! I was off so long but I wasn't sure if you mentioned what you decided about retiring? I also see you are looking at places to relocate to. When are you thinking of doing that?

Pat did you buy your gingerbread houses or did you bake them? I am guessing you bought them. I like the award idea. I have never done a cookie exchange. That would be fun to get so many different cookies. My waistline wouldn't appreciate though!

Laurie wine before Zumba in the AM? LOL Can you imagine the giggles that would occur? I have seen very little of The Voice but did catch a little bit here and there. It seems less brutal than American Idol. But I guess it is different with there being different teams.

Paula You will get through your house today...just think of all the calories you are burning doing it by yourself!!

I don't know if I told you guys but I have been going to weight watchers (again) and I have lost 17.4 lbs since I started in October. It feels good! I just need to stick with it after I get to my goal weight. I really like the ladies and leader at the meeting I go to so that really helps.

Last night Riley dislocated his shoulder. He was snowboarding at the one of the local ski slopes (Well an hour away). Luckily he was with a friend so he was able to drive him to the hospital. and he kept us informed as Riley went through everything. I will be making him a thank you card and giving him a gift card. He was very helpful to Riley and how well he kept us informed. We were going to head over but by the time Rick got home they had already gotten him in and were pretty sure it was a dislocation so we knew he would be OK so we just had his friend keep us up to date. They weren't busy at the hospital either so by the time we would have been getting there he would have been discharged.
We do have to go get his car tonight so we have to drive an hour each way to do that. THe roads are hilly and have a lot of curves and only a 2 lane so not a fun drive.

I better get moving and get breakfast going! Have a great day everyone!

Flee57 Offline
#1575 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 8:26:54 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a fantastic day today!

Nancy, awesome job on the weight loss. Sorry about Riley though.

This is all I have time for. Gotta head for the shower

Later!
Lizzy Offline
#1576 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:22:22 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends!

Rhonda, you are absolutely correct...get the garbage bags and other extra things out of the bonus room so I can see the progress! I may not get to that tonight because I need to finish up the gifts to take to work tomorrow.

Today, we got the furniture delivered, then I stopped at Michael's to pick up stuff to make a wreath. However, I saw a beautiful wreath that was on sale for $16. I bought a bow to put on it and $22 later, I ended up with a gorgeous wreath. I tried to email the photo to myself, but that didn't work, so I'll have to upload it another way. Dang! I wanted to change my avatar and use the wreath!

I know you are enjoying your dinner and concert tonight, Rhonda. Pat, are you traveling?

Laurie, I tried to call you while I was driving around today, but you must have been working.

Well, when I got home, I was going to start right away on my crafting projects, but then I realized I needed to pay bills, so I did that instead. So, I still have to alter that journal and finish up the glove projects and bake cookies. Like the slice and bake cookies are going to take a long time, right?

Nancy, I still haven't made any decisions about retiring. I honestly don't want to return to a full-time, classroom teaching job next year. I am so incredibly tired of all the responsiblity. It's all a matter of the money. I would, however, consider a part-time job. There are quite a few of those in the district, but it's a matter of would I land one of those or not??? The real issue is money and while I'm tired and don't want the responsibility, I'm still scared to give it up. So, I'm just waiting it out and seeing how I feel.

I don't have to make any decision for a long time yet...actually I don't have to make a decision until sometime in late May or June, I don't think. It's not really very fair of me to wait until the last minute not to decide, but that's the drop dead moment when I have to decide! I say it's not fair because Principals would like to be able to get their schools fully staffed before the last minute and teachers who don't have permanent assignments would like to be assigned before they leave their jobs this year. This is especially the case when a Principal has an excellent teacher he or she would like to hire but doesn't know they will have an opening until too late to hire the person.

Yes, we are talking about staying in Southern California vs. relocating. We live in one of the most expensive locations in the USA...I think it's rated as the 4th most expensive by Kiplinger's. It's definitely in the top 10. We have one child living in this area and one child not living in this area. I have friends here. We own a house here. But, we need to sell this house because it's waaaaaay too big for just two people. Terry can live anywhere and still work from home as long as he has access to a major airport. So there aren't many requirements for where we live. I would be sad about leaving friends, but it would not be the end of my life. I hope I don't sound cold and uncaring, I just know that I will make other friends and life continues. The absolute hardest part of the entire thing would be moving away from Kat...but even then, I think we would be able to manage it. It would be very sad for awhile but I would adjust knowing we had the extra money for visiting.

So, that's my long and boring explanation of all the things swirling around inside my head these days.

Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear about Riley's shoulder. You guys be careful driving over to get his car. It sounds like a cold, lonely drive. Brrrrr!

My posts are looking like long books these days. I wonder if you folks are bored by them?? I should bury jokes inside them!

Well, I'm going to go here and see about finishing up that journal. I brought down enough paper to do four more journals so I've got to decide which paper I want to do. I may do two of them because I'm not sure I want to give one of them away. I'm not sure I like it enough to give to someone.

Everyone take care....I'll be back later.
Lizzy Offline
#1577 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 11:56:50 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Well, I'm back....ok...stop, I can hear everyone groaning!

So, tonight, I tried to bake some slice and bake cookies and they were awful! I cut them exactly the way the directions said and they spread out too much and ran into each other. I have huge cookie sheets so they were all spread out and I did NOT overload the pans. They taste good, but don't look very good. So, I'm not putting those into the gifts tomorrow. I'll just put in Kisses and call it a day.

I finished the altered journals...sorry, no pics yet. Maybe tomorrow morning. I'm taking everything to work and finishing the wrapping there.

I'm going to wrap up the work tonight and go to bed. I need to move some files to my jump drive so I can print it tomorrow...I'm just too lazy to go back upstairs and print it all tonight. I figured it out that no one will be using the computer lab first thing tomorrow morning so I should be able to use it for about an hour before I meet with my grade level and then again afterwards.

After tomorrow, my next goal is to work on the Christmas tree and the rest of the holiday decorations. I'm in pretty good shape otherwise so I think I can concentrate on that stuff and get it all done in just a few days.

I'll be back sometime later tomorrow...everyone take care. Bye for now.

rm920 Offline
#1578 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:44:38 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Nancy, sorry to hear about Riley's accident. But so glad his friend was there to help. Hope the trip to retrieve the car wasn't too bad. WTG on the weight loss AND getting closer to your goal! That is awesome.

Lizzy, I saw the pic of your wreath on FB. It is beautiful. Can you come make one for me? I will be looking for a new wreath this weekend. Sounds like you have a good plan of action for work today. Wonder what happened with the cookies? But I know they will enjoy the kisses. And I enjoy your long posts!

The program last night was awesome! And Amber was selected to attend honors band camp at ESU in February. She was very excited about that.

Work continues to go fairly well. It is still a bit overwhelming, but some of it is beginning to make sense. Some of the people are a little hesitant to show me how the work they do is done. Most of it I will not do very often just as a cover for when they are short handed as they will be real soon when another girl goes on maternity leave. Today I will shadow their bookkeeper so I will be on more familiar territory.

Then I have to stop by my old job tonight on the way home and do some work for him. He needs some checks issued, has some questions etc.

Sounds like we will finally be getting some more seasonal temps. We were at 70's Monday and 60's yesterday, today and tomorrow, but then the change begins. I think I am ready for those cooler temps.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1579 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:11:56 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning. I am home!!

I had a fabulous time in Florida; went golfing with the girls, walked the beach, went out to lunch everyday, got a pedicure and went shopping. I wish I could have finished the Christmas shopping but I did get a dent put in it.

Rhonda congratulations! How is the job going?

Pat are you still purging? I saw a post about gingerbread houses. That sounds like fun.

Lizzy I see you have started purging too.

Paula how are things?
Laurie I saw that you taught your first and second Zumba classes. It's fun isn't it?

Nancy How is Riley this morning?

Well I have a busy week. I am scheduled for surgery next Wednesday and I am not sure what if anything will get done after that. One week to get everything done. Let the challenge begin.

Today's challenge:
ZumbaBigGrin
Tree assembled and maybe start decoratingBigGrin
Vacuum and dustBigGrin
Put up stairway garlandsMad no one to get it out of the attic but there is still time tonight.
Office workBigGrin
Pick up two Christmas presentsBigGrin and I ordered 3 more to get tomorrow.
One more two page layout for the baby bookMellow
Come up with Christmas card ideaBigGrin
Cut and file fingernails.BigGrin

Edited by user Wednesday, December 05, 2012 5:38:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: added smiley faces

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1580 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:15:18 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Wow, lots of chatting since I have been here. Time to craft so I can't catch up right now but I wanted to say hello.

I see Carrie is back, welcome back Carrie.

BBL :)
Flee57 Offline
#1581 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:51:04 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

Rhonda, congrats to Amber. Glad you had a good time at the program. Also happy to hear the job is still going well.

Welcome home Carrie! Glad you had a great time in FL. Looks like you'll be really busy this week. Zumba was great and I'm loving it so much that all I listen to is the Zumba music I've downloaded into my ipod and I'm zumbaing all over the place...even Walgreens

Paula, I'm jealous of your craft day. I need to make time to get ready for my craft class on Sat. We are making ornaments out of brown paper bags and material. I have 2 bonus crafts...little Christmas trees out of ribbon and a Christmas ball made of cut circles.

Lizzy, I enjoy your long posts. Your wreath is beautiful. I want to see your journals too.

Nancy and Pat, I hope you had a great Wednesday!

well, my 3rd Zumba class will be tomorrow. I'm ready! I've been practicing one part of it that I've had problems with. I've got it now!

Today i found some black wrapping paper with white snowflakes...perfect with my tree this year. i will use red ribbon with it.

Well that's all for now. Have a happy thursday

Later!
Lizzy Offline
#1582 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:44:27 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends.

It's so nice to come in here and see posts from many of you! What a treat!

Welcome back, Carrie. So glad you had a nice time in Florida. Is the surgery for your wrist? Yes, you'd better get as much done as possible before that!

Paula, how did your crafting go today?

Rhonda, congratulations to Amber for getting the opportunity to go to the honors music camp! Her talents are really showing. I'm sure you are proud. I wonder if what seems like reluctance on the part of people to share/show how they do their jobs is actually a hesitation for fear they won't explain things well or that they will be judged? Of course, they don't realize you are very accepting and non-judgmental.

Let me clarify that I DID NOT make that beautiful wreath! I went to Michael's to buy the stuff to make a wreath but ended up buying that wreath for $22. I never, ever, ever in a million years could have made a wreath as beautiful as that! Originally, the wreath was $40, but it was on sale and it cost $16. Then, I bought the bow for $6. I thought it was a good deal!!

Today was a productive, but long day. I went to my meeting, ran lots of copies, organized lots of materials in my classroom, got my TB test checked, met with my new mentee, met with his dad, went to the 100-Mile club, walk 3/4 of a mile, met with my student walking partner, and had lunch with friends. I also solved a little problem that had occurred in my classroom between the teacher that is using it during the day and the after-school group that is using after school. I brought dinner home and frankly, I'm pooped!

I did order two smallish tables for the family room as well as a new pair of shoes for myself and am now watching TV with Terry and dancing around on the computer.

My goals for Thursday and Friday:

--therapy
--dog sit
--haul small loads of junk out of the bonus room (trash, sewing machine, box of stuff to shred, etc.)
--drag boxes of Christmas stuff out of storage
--fold and put away laundry

On that note, I'm signing off for tonight.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1583 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:45:40 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning.

Laurie so glad you love Zumba. It is so much fun. I have a lot of Zumba music that I listen to all the time. I love the song called Pose. Be careful doing Zumba in Walmart; they tend to stack things in the aisles.

Lizzy I am not having surgery on my wrist. My wrist is fine as long as I stay off the computer. Yeah, right! LOL This is a reconstruction surgery to correct the scarring and effects of the radiation from breast cancer 9 years ago. The wreath is beautiful and i be you could have made it.

Paula how was craft day? That sounds like such fun.

Well I did pretty well on my list. Forgot about my reflexology appointment but that didn't hurt. Today will be whatever I can get done.

Todays list:
Anesthesia appointmentBigGrin
Best Buy to pick up Christmas giftsBigGrin
Apple store to get Christmas giftBigGrin
Laundry BigGrin
Pre Op appointment
Decorate tree, etc
2 page layout***BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, December 07, 2012 6:16:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: added smiley faces

rm920 Offline
#1584 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:58:17 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Lizzy, you got quite a lot done yesterday. The walk with with your walking partner was great. I had a chuckle at your comment about dancing around the computer!

Carrie, hope all goes well with your surgery. You got a lot done yesterday and I know you will knock off that list today!

Pat, the pics from the cemeteries are great. Love the decorating you do there.

Laurie, glad you are quickly learning your zumba class routines. Bonus that you were able to find the perfect paper for the gifts under your tree. I still need to put up my tree!

Paula, what did you get done during your craft day yesterday?

I worked all day at my new job then went and spent a few hours at my old job. It was almost 8 when I finally got home. Needless to say I didn't get anything done last night. Maybe tonight. Yesterday was a better day at work. I was finally able to work with the bookkeeper and learn the part of the job I know and understand. So I finally felt like I was productive. I think at first some of the girls were afraid I was going to take their job. Also they didn't know I was coming to work and had no idea what I was supposed to learn. Each day gets better. But I still do not have a desk of my own, so I still feel really unsettled. But I am so very thankful for the job!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1585 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:35:28 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Happy Thursday!

I am running again, heading to my Thur. house.
Our power was out yesterday from 4 to around 7. So thankful when they fixed it!!
I never plugged my computer back in until this morning so I am behind. Will have to catch up later...
Lizzy Offline
#1586 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:52:08 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening friends. I haven't done a single thing on my list for today except go to my therapy appointment. It was a bit on the emotional side and I ended up coming back home and sleeping much of the rest of the day. Oh well...tomorrow is another day.

Carrie, your surgery sounds like it might be a painful recovery. Am I right? Or are you a tough cookie that just keeps on trucking no matter what?

Rhonda, once you get your own desk, you will feel more settled. Do you know when that will happen? Or will it happen when that other woman leaves...the older one who is retiring? You will have a base...a place to sit...a place to call your own! Did you end up doing anything tonight?

I may do some schoolwork tonight. I have my cart out here in the family room...at least I could staple papers together or something equally mindless! LOL I could also work on finishing my lesson plans, or even grade papers. The opportunities are endless.

I did manage to donate a box of small scrapbooks to the "Make a Wish Foundation" today. I guess that's a plus for me, huh?

OK, friends....I'm going to get going. I will check in tomorrow and let's hope for a more productive day.

rm920 Offline
#1587 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:28:09 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening...

Lizzy, sorry about the emotional, draining day. And a great thing to donate to the Make A Wish Foundation! Hope you get your mojo going tonight. If not tomorrow is another day.

Paula, how did Thursday house go? I had when the power goes, it disrupts everything.

Carrie, I hope you are crossing things off you list so you can relax most of next week!

I had the electrician here today installing some new light fixtures and a new ceiling fan. All are in except the new fixture over the kitchen sink. Need a part for that Mad The new light is my office is fantastic - it is now very bright in here. Also one of my coworkers from my old job stopped by with some insurance questions, so I did not get anything done tonight except make reservations for a girls weekend trip to KC next weekend.

So I need to make of list of all that I need to do this weekend!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1588 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 6:15:47 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning!

Lizzy somedays it is more therapy doing nothing that is planned or you need to get done. I am cracking up on the tough cookie comment. No I am not as tough as I think I am. LOL I have no idea what to expect! Jim says I will be on pain pills for several days and sore for a couple weeks. But this all depends on how extensive the doctor has to be. The funny part is: I will be in surgery at 12:12 PM on 12/12/12. I wonder if i should give one of the nurses a camera since we will never have another 12.

Rhonda with your new lights and new job, you seem a bit brighter too. Sometimes it takes a while to settle in to a new job. Do you have a target date yet for the lady to retire?

Paula what did you do when the lights when off for 3 hours?

Pat the Christmas card was beautiful! Thank you!

Well I am batting zero on my list. Nobody will get the boxes out of the attic for me. If they want me to do things they need to get it done. Jim says that if I put it up then it will stay up until mid January as I won't be able to lift more than 2 pounds for 4 weeks. Hmm, I did get some shopping done. The rest will be finished today and this weekend. And I have the baby shower tomorrow so I need to get the book put together and a card made. I also need to get paper for the Christmas cards and get those cut.

Ok Let's Go!
imnchghere Offline
#1589 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:00:19 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning all.. It has been a very busy following the trip to NC. Yesterday, I had planned to put a list on here, but decided to just get things done and not be on the computer.
The tree is up and decorated, laundry is caught up except for a load of holiday linens, main floor of the house (kitchen, dining room, living room) are all cleaned and pretty much holiday ready.

Lizzy, you are packing a lot into your days and I think you are doing well. A down day is good for your mental well being.
Rhonda, sounds like the new job is coming along. And new lighting in the house!!!
Carrie, I hope you get everything done for the shower and maybe not having the garland put up is going to be how it is this year. Of course one of the others could take it down after the holidays. Hmmmm maybe that is why no one is hurrying to get the boxes for you.

Today, I am going to see about maybe putting a small tree in the family room, but likely not. I think I need the space it would take up more than the decoration.
I am also going to go through and consolidate 2 tubs of holiday things. I am going to try to get rid of as much as I can so that we can haul it off for donation tomorrow.
Also on my to do for today are:
birthday card for my cousin
address/send a few (4 or 5) commercial cards to mail (not everyone gets the hand made)
grocery store (after I make a list)

Hope everyone has a good day.
Lizzy Offline
#1590 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:43:59 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning friends!

After all my sleeping yesterday, I woke early today. After making my peanut butter whole wheat muffin, I dropped it face down on the floor which included breaking the plate and had to start over! One of these days, I'm going to have to purchase new dishes. Thankfully, it wasn't a huge loss and I had another whole wheat muffin! Now, I'm watching Grey's Anatomy from last night.

You know the part of Christmas decorating I dislike the most is putting up and taking down the tree. It's just not as enjoyable when it's just Terry and me. And, we have scaled down so much, too. I feel your frustration and annoyance, Carrie!

The only thing on my agenda today is dragging the Christmas boxes out and working in the bonus room. I should be able to accomplish at least one of those things! LOL

Carrie, I find the 12's thing quite interesting, too. I wonder how many people will get married on 12/12/12 this year? I had a friend whose son chose to get married on 10/11/12.

Well, I'm going to sign off and finish watching this show. Everyone have a great day.