Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<2930313233>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#901 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:50:47 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 601 post(s)
Sheila - lots of thought and time went into Kimmo's swap box too! Love that paris material and the cardinal material too! I also think I might scraplift the idea of the initial on the little wooden purse treatbox for my grandkids.

Your baskets turned out lovely, both you and Jean. I'm sure Cheryl and Kim both appreciate the time and effort and love put into the making of those baskets. A truly unique and special gift to give out.

And so nice of you to keep kimmo in la la dreamy land with those George Projects!!! I'm so glad she had her own swap box in the mail before yours arrived and she opened it up! She'll be walking on clouds for weeks, I'm sure!

Wonderful job and no doubt kimmo will enjoy it all!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#902 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:56:37 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Jessica, you did a real nice job on the altered letter "A" for Ali! Putting the verse along the one side was a perfect idea!

I also really like the shape of the purse you made her too. Very nice!

and that is one long banner! lol You were busy stringing that all together!

Great ideas and nice job and looks like Ali has some great items to put to good use!

ScrappinGwen Offline
#903 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 7:21:46 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just checked DC#s, and so far nothing shows up to be delivered today. Atleast 2 pkgs. were slated for delivery today, but so far not looking like that's going to happen. I'll check later this morning to see if updated.

There are more pkgs. slated for tomorrow delivery - hoping they all are on time!
Beanies Mom Offline
#904 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:01:34 AM(UTC)
Beanies Mom

United States
Location: MQ: Page 15 Post 431 / Joined Date Should Be 7/13/2006

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Sorry Gwynne nothing like sending a pm asking for a response and then have a full mailbox. I cleared out some so it's ready to go. I also sent you another pm.

Everyone have a great day,

Debbie
craftymomof2 Offline
#905 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 8:07:08 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Good Morning, Ladies!!! Everyone is receiving awesome pkgs. I am getting some great ideas for gifts for family for Christmas. Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!!

Hugs, LanaBigGrin BigGrin
amylendall Offline
#906 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:34:15 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
I know this is an off topic question but I am hoping maybe someone here can maybe help me out. I received seasonal cake art cart from cob (so excited) got to looking at some of the nice images on this cart and was thinking how fun it would be to cut some of them out for christmas baking cookies and stuff using the appropriate stuff. my question is can I use the cake stuff on a regular cricut machine or do I have to use the cake machine? I know you can use these carts and cut paper but I was just thinking about the edible stuff.thanks if anyone can answer my question

my ss box is supposed to deliver tomorrow! like gwynne said hopefully everything is running on time!

thanks again gwynne for another great round! when is the next round going to be?BigGrin hopefully a month or so into the new year! give us all a chance to catch up from the holidays!
GrammaP Offline
#907 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:48:29 AM(UTC)
GrammaP

United States

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 146 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Sheila - lots of thought and time went into Kimmo's swap box too! Love that paris material and the cardinal material too! I also think I might scraplift the idea of the initial on the little wooden purse treatbox for my grandkids.

Your baskets turned out lovely, both you and Jean. I'm sure Cheryl and Kim both appreciate the time and effort and love put into the making of those baskets. A truly unique and special gift to give out.

And so nice of you to keep kimmo in la la dreamy land with those George Projects!!! I'm so glad she had her own swap box in the mail before yours arrived and she opened it up! She'll be walking on clouds for weeks, I'm sure!

Wonderful job and no doubt kimmo will enjoy it all!

Thanks!!
RockinRobin1 Offline
#908 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:35:56 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amylendall Go to Quoted Post
I know this is an off topic question but I am hoping maybe someone here can maybe help me out. I received seasonal cake art cart from cob (so excited) got to looking at some of the nice images on this cart and was thinking how fun it would be to cut some of them out for christmas baking cookies and stuff using the appropriate stuff. my question is can I use the cake stuff on a regular cricut machine or do I have to use the cake machine? I know you can use these carts and cut paper but I was just thinking about the edible stuff.thanks if anyone can answer my question

my ss box is supposed to deliver tomorrow! like gwynne said hopefully everything is running on time!

thanks again gwynne for another great round! when is the next round going to be?BigGrin hopefully a month or so into the new year! give us all a chance to catch up from the holidays!

I know originally people were using the regular Cricuts to do this, hence the reason they came out with the Cricut Cake. But here's my thoughts, if you can thoroughly clean/sanitize your machine BEFORE cutting any fondant, then it should be okay. Personally, I wouldn't do it.
CraftyOldBat Online
#909 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:21:55 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
Originally Posted by: amylendall Go to Quoted Post

I'm actually GLAD you posted this I got a bit nervous when I didn't see it pictured! LOL LOL

I agree with Robin, I've seen it mentioned that folks have done it but cleaning your machine before and after would be my fear. I'm not sure you could cut paper with it again after using it for fondant?? That is a great cart btw, I pull mine out every holiday!

**The embossing folder is just called "spiderweb" and it's the one by PC for Cuttlebug.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:25:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#910 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 1:26:04 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

BTW, I rechecked DC#s and there is one box out for delivery today.

Tomorrow I think we'll see some deliveries on the east coast!
Luvskrapin Offline
#911 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 3:34:54 PM(UTC)
Luvskrapin

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapin*Creations Go to Quoted Post
More pics....
Thanks again Jessica for all your wonderful creations..I love everythingBigGrin

Ali

I'm glad that you like everything! BigGrin I tried to paint the letter A somewhat the same colors of your scrap studio! BigGrin I hope you enjoy it all! BigGrin
DeniseKenna Offline
#912 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:09:17 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
LOL LOL LOL Just heard the Redneck 12 Days of Christmas and imagined what catagories we'd come up with for those.

12 pack of Bud Something to do w/partner's fav drink
11 rasslin tickets Make a square shadow box
10 of Copenhagen Fill a Tin
9 years probation hmmmm a calendar
8 table dancers Something w/ tassles LOL
7 packs of Red Man A red item
6 cans of Spam Make something with Metal
5 flannel shirts Use fabric in a project
4 big mud tires 4 Round Tags (that one was easy)
3 shotgun shells Something with sea shells or shotgun shells
2 huntin dogs An animal project
And some parts to a Mustang GT Something made by your husband, son or other guy

C'mon, this would work!!!!! (file it for next year Gwynne!)
Photos coming soon they are sllloooooowwww to load!
trvkladd Offline
#913 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:15:26 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Jessica & Sheila~ Great boxes, I especially love the letter A with the saying on the side and the Paris basket that Sheila did. It all looks wonderful. I'm so loving seeing everything that everyone made.

Can't wait to see what comes out of the rest of the boxes. Mine went out today. Will be keeping my fingers crossed that my SS loves it.

Amy~ I have the Cake machine and the Expression when I first started thinking about doing the cakes I thought that I would just use my Expression and clean it really well. Well, to be on the safe side I decided to just ask Provocraft what I should do...they told me you certainly can use your Expression if you clean very well prior to using it for the fondant and then again after...but here's the thing...if something should happen to your Expression and you've been using it for the cakes it automatically voids your warranty. Hence, the reason that I decided to just go ahead and purchase the Cake machine. Also, after careful consideration I just wasn't sure I could totally clean it before and after so I didn't want to contaminate anything. Hope this helps

~Rebecca

Edited by user Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:27:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#914 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:29:30 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: DeniseKenna Go to Quoted Post
LOL LOL LOL Just heard the Redneck 12 Days of Christmas and imagined what catagories we'd come up with for those.

12 pack of Bud Something to do w/partner's fav drink
11 rasslin tickets Make a square shadow box
10 of Copenhagen Fill a Tin
9 years probation hmmmm a calendar
8 table dancers Something w/ tassles LOL
7 packs of Red Man A red item
6 cans of Spam Make something with Metal
5 flannel shirts Use fabric in a project
4 big mud tires 4 Round Tags (that one was easy)
3 shotgun shells Something with sea shells or shotgun shells
2 huntin dogs An animal project
And some parts to a Mustang GT Something made by your husband, son or other guy

C'mon, this would work!!!!! (file it for next year Gwynne!)
Photos coming soon they are sllloooooowwww to load!

Ha Ha! But you are SOOOOO right! You came up with excellent ideas! I'm printing it out right now just in case transferring files to my new computer next week doesn't go well. It could also be done for Christmas in July time of year. It's hard to make 12 items the month leading into December (so busy with everything).

DeniseKenna Offline
#915 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:48:22 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Here are some of the great things I got from Candy! Thank You Candy!!!! She spoiled me and my son! He was there when I opened the box so no way to hide the cola bottles from him Blink I'll post more later. Computer isn't working so well.

Three great snowman tags. Love the use of the rosette.

Mrs Claus and her elf friend. They were full of candy and the Elf was special for Aidan. We tried the candy cane bark but it was so hard since it was still frozen from outside. (still tasted yummy though)

pearlized box. The photo doesn't show the detail so well.

A stained glass snowman such a welcome sight since we've had so little snow this winter. Did you make him Candy? I did stained glass till I was pregnant, need to take it up again.

My altered purse/album. Nice sunny colors that match my scraproom.

Edited by user Wednesday, December 05, 2012 11:09:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#916 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 4:55:42 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

My apologies to Lana and LindaK. I did not realize that Lana had posted pics on pg 29.

The name frame is very sharp looking and a very nice idea.

I'd say everyone has had fun altering a purse too!

Lots of pretty flowers made too!

Enjoy your goodies Lana and nice job Linda!

Love what pics you have posted so far Denise. That elf with the hat is just way too cute! That paper flipped over for the hat is way too perfect! Love it!
PetiteKalashnikovna Offline
#917 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:14:55 PM(UTC)
PetiteKalashnikovna

Was thanked: 220 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Lana- Linda sure spoiled you with those ornaments and flowers. Those carnations she made looked real!

Jessica- I love all the items that Kim made for you! That Paris frame is gorgeous! I am in love with that Steampunk purse. I love the delicious colors she used for the banner. The pearl item is so pretty!

Cheryl- You are so deserving of the beautiful goodies that Jean made for you. I see a lot of Bo Bunny paper. The music project is so personalized and I love the altered printer's tray. The custom basket is so special. Everything showed a lot of work and love.

Amy L- That Steampunk pear is too delicious! Love the pretty purse COB made for you. The s'mores snowman cracked me up. He is too cute.

Kimmo- Sheila sure enabled your love for George. The banner is beautiful and I am jealous you have a handmade basket too! The Paris basket is just lovely.

Ali- Jessica sure made a perfect wall accessory for your craft room. Love the snow-themed embellies she made for you. That banner is so sparkly! Her shabby chic birdcage looks so sweet.

Denise- I love what I see so far! The rosette snowmen and the top note die elves are so cute! I'm looking forward to see more pics. I love Candy's work!

Gwynne, you're right when you said that Team Jon-Kenny have drool-worthy boxes. Everyone did their best in this swap and I hope it stays that way. BigGrin

My favorite "days" for this swap were the directives for the purse and the pearl items. I can't wait to see more boxes!

DeniseKenna Offline
#918 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 10:57:06 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

My great banner that can fill everyday and Christmas! Love that Candy did both sides...(I didn't Huh even think about that)

Love local food. Honey is so neat because depending on the flowers, it tastes different each time. My beer brewing husband loves to compare tastes. I'll have some on toast tomorrow! Yummy

Two great layouts using music sheets. Aidan was thrilled because the electric guitar is red which is the color of his brand new one. Have a feeling these will end up on his wall!

A beautiful feather frame which I'm pretty sure Candy hand painted.

ribbons for other projects!

Paris paper pad! Je t'aime

I really love all the goodies from Candy, Thank you again Candy!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#919 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:38:38 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

That banner from Candy is awesome! Pretty cool to be able to use either side too!

Nice job on everything Candy.

Another nice swap box to be enjoyed!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#920 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 4:47:20 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

We have a lot of unveiling still to come in this swap!

I just counted up only 9 swap boxes out of 31 revealed so far! So we aren't even close to being half way there! Though after today's deliveries, that should get us close to the halfway mark.

I have 20 DC#s given to me so far - though I believe another handful should be PM'd to me today.

Thanks for acknowledging and posting pics so promptly all of you that have received so far. It helps make this swap move smoother!

So let's get these swap boxes in the mail and DC#s to me ASAP! Thanks!

Early check of DC#s this morning shows 3 or 4 that should go out for delivery today. And another 2-3 that hopefully will update to that status as well! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Edited by user Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:41:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CandyHazzard Offline
#921 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:46:16 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I'm glad you liked everything Denise ...
I was happy to see the picture of the honey, I started to worry about the cold and the glass shattering (it was made in the town we live in, so it couldn't be more local BigGrin)
... yes I made the snowman
... and no I didn't paint the feathers (as I've said many times, I have no artistic ability), I've discovered the joy of stencils LOL

And Gwynne did you notice the doily on the Christmas side of the banner was from the die-cut swap

Edited by user Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:57:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

amylendall Offline
#922 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 6:29:32 AM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
We have a lot of unveiling still to come in this swap!

I just counted up only 9 swap boxes out of 31 revealed so far! So we aren't even close to being half way there! Though after today's deliveries, that should get us close to the halfway mark.

I have 20 DC#s given to me so far - though I believe another handful should be PM'd to me today.

Thanks for acknowledging and posting pics so promptly all of you that have received so far. It helps make this swap move smoother!

So let's get these swap boxes in the mail and DC#s to me ASAP! Thanks!

Early check of DC#s this morning shows 3 or 4 that should go out for delivery today. And another 2-3 that hopefully will update to that status as well! Keeping my fingers crossed!

I just checked dc# for my ss box and at least it is in the right state! I am hoping that it will update to out for delivery later today! now is when the nerves really start to kick in!I hope that she really likes everything I made! have a happy day today and look forward to seeing more pics!
ScrappinGwen Offline
#923 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:25:23 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: CandyHazzard Go to Quoted Post
And Gwynne did you notice the doily on the Christmas side of the banner was from the die-cut swap

Candy - I'm SO glad you pointed that out as I didn't even notice that! THat doily makes a beautiful backdrop for a letter on a banner, doesn't it though?

Now, is that the die I own? lol I have to go look! I still haven't taken time to figure out how to get a new handle for my Grand Calibur from snapping it in half back when I was doing all that die cutting for the other swap.

Thanks Candy!

OMG!! Security image is back for me!!
trvkladd Offline
#924 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:39:59 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Love all the things that Candy sent to Denise. Definitely scraplifting some of the ideas you used.

Candy~ Love that you did both sides of the banner. Now going back to revamp the one that I'm doing for my sister. Thanks, great idea.

Looking forward to seeing lots more pictures soon

~Rebecca
CMC56 Offline
#925 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:45:58 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Whew I mailed my box yesterday.

Cheryl
ScrappinGwen Offline
#926 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:15:19 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just did a recheck on DC#s, and of the 6 I hope to be delivered today, 2 are now updated to "out for delivery".

Patience is not my best virtue in these swaps....

There is only one box slated for Friday and nothing for Saturday. The rest are all next week.

DeniseEmmerich - either you gave me the wrong DC# or you have not mailed yet....it's not a working number - so update me please. Thanks!

I believe I only have 6 other gals that have not provided DC#s to me yet.

So we are gaining, slowly but surely!

Edited by user Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:58:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: changed from 7 to 6 DC#a I'm waiting to receive

ScrappinGwen Offline
#927 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:18:00 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

As for decorating both sides of the banner....I had seen a tutorial on one where she did just that as she was hanging hers in the archway going from her entrance hall to living room. So yes, for that reason, it would be wonderful to decorate both sides.

And I liked Candy's idea to do one side for xmas and the other side for all year round.

That would make a great future swap directive! lol
JulieClawser Offline
#928 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:45:33 AM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Woo hoo!

I just tracked my package, and it is showing DELIVERED!

Now the anxious waiting as ____ opens her package to let me know that everything survived the trip BigGrin

I can't wait to see all of today's pictures/packages!
Jen Offline
#929 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:20:13 AM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Love seeing all the boxes. My dh mailed mine yesterday. Silly man didn't even call me when the PO told him there was a surcharge for the size of the box. Oh well a very large box is making it's was across the country from me. Gwen I just sent you the dc #, it is scheduled to arrive Friday.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#930 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 11:11:47 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Update to say we have 2 delivered today, 2 out for delivery. Hoping one more will be out for delivery today and I think I'm giving up on the one that is now 2 days past it's predicted delivery date! lol Maybe tomorrow it will finally show that it's left its state of origin!

My box is also still stuck in my state! I hate when that happens! Just move em out! lol