Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricutMallie Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:44:59 PM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1162 time(s) in 216 post(s)
CRICUT® Message Board Rules

A thread that does not meet the below requirements may be deleted and marked as an inappropriate use of the Cricut Cirle message boards. Discussions of any nature that Cricut staff feels inappropriate for the forums will be removed without notice to the original poster and run the risk of losing your posting privileges.

Members of the media, employees of law firms, representatives of legal action and other companies who desire to obtain information from our members *must* obtain permission from the Community Manager before posting on any of the forums within Cricut.com/Community. There are no exceptions to this policy. Posting/inquiries not approved by the Community Manager are removed without notice.

Quick Summary (Not an exclusive or exhaustive list)
1. Be nice to and respectful of Message Board Administrators and your fellow Message Board Members;
2. Have fun;
3. No unauthorized or offensive content;
4. No content that interferes with the ability of others to enjoy the Message Board;
5. No advertising or solicitation;
6. No unauthorized content concerning third party products or other third party content;
7. No unauthorized posting or use of personal information;
8. No invalid signatures or avatars;
9. No legal threats concerning Provo Craft or its suppliers, customers, consumers, investors or employees.

Registration to this message board is free. We do require that you abide by the rules and policies detailed below. We want the message boards to be an enjoyable place to come for all. You also agree to the CRICUT® MB Policies & Procedures and Cricut MB Terms of Use as outlined below.

The Cricut.com site and Message Board (“MB”) is designed to support and promote the CRICUT®, CRICUT EXPRESSION®, CRICUT MINI®, CRICUT CAKE®, CRICUT IMAGINE®, CRICUT CRAFT ROOM®, CRICUT DESIGNSTUDIO®, CRICUT GYPSYTM, CRICUT CIRCLETM, CRICUT CUTTLEBUG™, YUDU®, YOURSTORY®, KNIFTY KNITTER® and other Provo Craft products for scrapbooking and other forms of crafting. It is also provided to educate Cricut users and bring them together in a fun and friendly forum. This message board is to be used to share ideas and help each other with Cricut related questions as well as build friendships. This site is not set up to promote any other cause or product in any way.

It is the intention of Cricut.com to ensure this site and boards are used as defined above. While Cricut.com will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible to review all threads and messages. Therefore, it is important to note that the views expressed on any and all messages are the sole views of their author and do not express the views of Cricut.com or Provo Craft. Cricut.com, Provo Craft, or their partners or subsidiaries are not responsible for the content of any message on this board. Cricut.com reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason at their sole discretion. Violation of any of these rules may result in a warning, suspension or ban from the MB.

Unauthorized or offensive content

By agreeing to these rules, you agree that you will not post any messages that are false and/or defamatory. Third-party cutting software and the files that can be cut using unapproved third-party software are inappropriate subjects for the Cricut community. Messages regarding topics or products that may void a warranty of a Provo Craft product are prohibited. Messages or posts that are harassing, inaccurate, abusive, obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise in violation of any law, statute, ordinance or regulation are not allowed. Posts may be removed without notice. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or you otherwise have the legal right to post such material. Prior to posting any copyrighted material, you must provide proof of your right to post it. You also agree to be respectful of Cricut.com, its staff and other community members.

Advertising & Solicitation

Advertisements, announcements, and/or solicitations for the purchase of non-Cricut products, trade, the distribution of non-related coupons, third party auction or classified listings (i.e. eBay, craigslist, etc.) etc., are prohibited. No solicitation of money or other goods are allowed on this site whether for personal donation or for any other cause. No gambling, raffles or any contest that requires a fee or other goods to participate are allowed on this site. The MB and the rest of the Cricut® site shall be used only in a noncommercial manner. You will not distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds or goods, or services. Promotion, advertising, or solicitation for goods or services is strictly prohibited. You may not use any of the content on the MB or Cricut.com website for commercial purposes. Please note that chain letters and pyramid schemes as well as solicitation of other members to join or become members of any commercial online service or other organization are also prohibited on the MB. Cricut.com reserves the right to remove any posting, discussion, message or thread containing any of the above mentioned. This includes soliciting or promotions through the internal Cricut messaging system (PM). This also includes the promotion of products, web sites, or companies other than Cricut. Provo Craft will review all offers for solicitation and remove postings at their discretion.

Unauthorized Personal Information

This is a public forum. Please do not post names, addresses and phone numbers or any other confidential (private or privileged) information. This includes account and credit card information of any kind. If any such post or information is found, it will be removed immediately. If you identify a questionable post please notify a MB administrator immediately. Cricut.com reserves the right to ban and/or remove an account found violating this policy. Cricut.com reserves the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the following limited circumstances: (i) we have your consent to share the information, (ii) we need to share the information to provide a product or service you have requested, (iii) in response to subpoenas, court orders or legal process including in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. Provo Craft reserves the right to delete any account(s) determined to contain inaccurate user contact information.

Private Messaging and Emailing from the MB

This MB has a Private Messaging (PM) and a Private Email option. These can be used to have private contact with other members of the MB. Cricut.com is not responsible for any information shared through this service. You can choose to not use this service or manage it, by blocking anyone you do not wish to communicate with. It is your responsibility to manage this part of your account. PM’s are intended to be private and confidential. They shall remain private as to the sender and recipient and as such should not be posted or summarized by the recipient on the Internet. Violation of this policy may result in a ban or suspension of your account. Provo Craft reserves the right to review PM’s and suspend or ban a user sending insults, abusive comments or comments that violate another rule of the MB.

Signatures/Avatars

One signature image per user is allowed. Images should be no larger than 100 px high x 200 px wide with a files size of less than 10K. Signature images should not be advertisements as outlined in the community rules.

User images or avatars are should be no larger than 100px high x 100 px wide with a file size of less than 5K.

Where applicable all other terms and rules contained herein also apply to Message Board signatures and Avatars.

Community Citizenship

Please respect the opinions and feelings of others. Discussions or posts of a controversial nature may be inappropriate for the MB and will be closed. Threads or discussions containing inflammatory language, profanity or statements which question the character / integrity of another are inappropriate.

Monitoring & Administration

The Cricut team focuses on providing a fun and enjoyable online community for Cricut customers and guests. Our focus is on maintaining an environment where creativity can flow through the exchange of ideas and education related to the Cricut machine and other Provo Craft products. Due to the real time nature of the MB it is impractical for the Cricut Team to read every post, thread, comment and discussion. We do employ technology to help ensure that inappropriate or unauthorized information is avoided. In the event that we miss something please notify us immediately. If we find the reported thread or content to be inappropriate, we will make every reasonable effort to remove it in a timely manner.

Terms of Use

Cricut.com cannot warrant the validity or accuracy of the messages posted to the MB forums. The messages are the express view of the author. You agree not to post messages as someone else using their login information. Cricut.com reserves the right to move or delete any message, post, thread or image for any reason. You are responsible for the content of your messages, posts, threads, or images. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Cricut.com, Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc., their agents, employees, and partners with respect to any claim based on the posting or transmission of any message, post, thread, or image posted by you. Cricut reserves the right to change and/or modify the MB Policies & Procedures and the MB Terms of Use at any time. By registering, logging in and participating in the Cricut MB you acknowledge, accept and agree to these terms and commit that you have provide the requested and accurate information to be associated with your MB account. These terms and rules also apply to guests or visitors of the MB. If you do not accept and agree to these terms you may not use the MB. Changes will be posted here in the rules on the message board so please check back and review these rules often. We may modify or terminate our services from time to time, for any reason, and without notice. Cricut.com and Provo Craft & Novelty Inc. will not be liable to any user or any third party for the modification or termination of the Cricut.com web site or any part of the Cricut.com site.

Angel Policy

See http://www.provocraft.co.../legal/angel.policy.php.

Copyright 2012 Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc. All rights reserved. CRICUT®, CRICUT EXPRESSION®, CRICUT MINI®, CRICUT CAKE®, CRICUT IMAGINE®, CRICUT CRAFT ROOM®, CRICUT DESIGNSTUDIO®, YUDU®, YOURSTORY®, KNIFTY KNITTER® are registered trademarks of Provo Craft & Novelty, Inc. South Jordan, UT 84095.

Edited by user Sunday, January 20, 2013 7:15:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

World.Of.Hoard-Craft Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:54:15 PM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
How is Cards for Soldiers allowed, since its advertising for a non-Provo Craft product? Does this also mean RAKs are not allowed?
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 3:55:45 PM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

Can we put our own blog address in our signature line, if the blog isn't a selling site?
ellamap Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:45:43 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 202 post(s)
Thank you for posting this message. I hope it is listened and adhered to by all!
 1 user thanked ellamap for this useful post.
Violinroadie on 3/30/2013(UTC)
#5 Posted : Friday, November 30, 2012 1:04:45 AM(UTC)
World.Of.Hoard-Craft

So do I just hit a 'report' button if it doesn't meet your guidelines?
Still waiting for an answer to my two questions here, and also need an Admin to tell me why I keep getting 'forum error' messages and this board keeps freezing.
BJR Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 11:48:11 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I believe that if they enforced this it would effectively delete 50% of all newer posts as people talk about the Cricut products they have or had and the newer items they have picked up. Boy would theat give us alot less to talk about or would it......... BJR.
 1 user thanked BJR for this useful post.
Shadow on 12/3/2012(UTC)
MelissaT Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 8:28:13 PM(UTC)
MelissaT

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Crack that whip BigGrin...
 1 user thanked MelissaT for this useful post.
Scrapperdee on 12/2/2012(UTC)
Gadget girl Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 5:45:17 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
Sort the products out you offer and make them more reliable if you dont like us talking about other products. I have many other machines and they all do different things differently. Just because we use Cricut doesnt mean we cant use the other machines. This sort of attitude just forces people to go towards the other machines though! I think. I come on this board to share and chat not to promote products. If PC doesnt listen then moan about stuff too.
 7 users thanked Gadget girl for this useful post.
Shadow on 12/3/2012(UTC), Siobhan on 12/3/2012(UTC), cristine on 12/3/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC), Jen Jen on 12/8/2012(UTC), sincitychix on 12/20/2012(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 6:05:52 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
So I might just take my chat somewhere else where freedom of speech is still recognised.

Bye

Edited by user Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:53:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users thanked Shadow for this useful post.
Siobhan on 12/3/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC), Jen Jen on 12/8/2012(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Cdmom2004 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 12:41:10 PM(UTC)
Cdmom2004

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 26 post(s)
If you would stand behind your products, we would not be looking elsewhere. I pledged to not buy any new cricut products until the issues with the gypsys were addressed. Guess what, I have stuck to that pledge and have not bought any of your products since last May. I will be moving to another machine, I only come back here to see if you have finally stepped up and addressed the gypsy issues...
 5 users thanked Cdmom2004 for this useful post.
Siobhan on 12/3/2012(UTC), cristine on 12/3/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC), Shadow on 12/4/2012(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Buggin_Out Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 7:12:01 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 250 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutMallie Go to Quoted Post
CRICUT® Message Board Rules

Members of the media, employees of law firms, representatives of legal action and other companies who desire to obtain information from our members *must* obtain permission from the Community Manager before posting on any of the forums within Cricut.com/Community. There are no exceptions to this policy. Posting/inquiries not approved by the Community Manager are removed without notice.

I haven't posted or even logged in here in quite awhile, but I do lurk from time to time as I still own my Cricut machines & cartridges. I've never spoken about this here, as my hobbies and my profession shouldn't need to mix, but but the above statement compels me to do so now.

I am not just an employee of a law firm (which is more than enough; our team members are valuable, smart and creative people) but the managing attorney of a Houston law firm. I am also a past member (2 years) of the Cricut Circle and a member of this forum for longer than that.

Under this policy, I can supposedly no longer even view the board. Good luck with this policy and your business. Please delete my account immediately.

Charlotte A. Drew
Drew & McCallum PLLC
The Woodlands, Texas

P.S. You have also featured at least 2 of my projects in the Chirp. You have violated your own policy by featuring me there. Please remove those, as well.

Edited by user Monday, December 03, 2012 7:17:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: to add additional information regarding my contributions to the Chirp

11 users thanked Buggin_Out for this useful post.
~AmyS~ on 12/3/2012(UTC), letypedroza on 12/3/2012(UTC), Scraptastic on 12/3/2012(UTC), Shadow on 12/4/2012(UTC), Scrapperdee on 12/7/2012(UTC), Jennifer on 12/21/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 12/23/2012(UTC), CGChiefswife on 1/12/2013(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 1/18/2013(UTC), bootsandblingtime on 11/30/2013(UTC), ScrappyNana on 2/25/2014(UTC)
letypedroza Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 10:08:44 PM(UTC)
letypedroza

Was thanked: 204 time(s) in 139 post(s)
Please take the time to answer our valid questions as diligently as you did posting these rules. Our questions are just as valid as your so called rules yet you choose to ignore them, WHY? But I guess this is another question that will go unanswered as it doesn't mean anything to Provocraft.
 2 users thanked letypedroza for this useful post.
Shadow on 12/4/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 12/23/2012(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:21:22 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
http://www.cricut.com/fo...a-Stampin--Up--Club.aspx

Why is this allowed when that Company has no connection with PC Products, unlike CM or CTMH?

The Rules are enforced on a select few and not everyone, why is that?

Thank you in advance for your time answering my questions.
 3 users thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Shadow on 12/4/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 12/6/2012(UTC), Scrapperdee on 12/7/2012(UTC)
Shadow Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 4:55:12 AM(UTC)
Shadow

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 276 time(s) in 206 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
http://www.cricut.com/fo...a-Stampin--Up--Club.aspx

Why is this allowed when that Company has no connection with PC Products, unlike CM or CTMH?

The Rules are enforced on a select few and not everyone, why is that?

Thank you in advance for your time answering my questions.

Don't hold your breath!
Gadget girl Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:09:42 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
We should all put a tag line in with the non mentionable machines in so that when they try and search for them we all come up!! It doesnt detract from our liking of Cricut whether we mention the unmentionables or not. The names that must not be named. Its getting just like a kids story.
 1 user thanked Gadget girl for this useful post.
LuvMyCricut on 1/18/2013(UTC)
luv2scrapbook Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:28:20 AM(UTC)
luv2scrapbook

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So nice to see PC is still cutting its own throat!!

FYI, I haven't purchased a PC product in 3 years. Why? Because the company continues to push out crap. Instead of fixing the problems the company just pushes out a new machine expecting us to continue buying. Im a customer that decided enough was enough and took my business elsewhere. Im so happy I did because I love my SC!!!!
 3 users thanked luv2scrapbook for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 12/6/2012(UTC), Scrappin_RN on 12/31/2012(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 1/18/2013(UTC)
GrammyCris Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 10:42:24 AM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1155 time(s) in 540 post(s)
Provo Craft get a clue....all you need to do is get your problems fixed, give us a product that does what you say it will and quit using your old stand-by line "coming soon".

If you could accomplish that then nobody would be looking at other machines and therefore wouldn't be writing about them.
 8 users thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
BJR on 12/7/2012(UTC), Shadow on 12/15/2012(UTC), Annabella on 12/15/2012(UTC), Jennifer on 12/21/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 12/23/2012(UTC), CGChiefswife on 1/12/2013(UTC), LuvMyCricut on 1/18/2013(UTC), ottergirl on 2/17/2013(UTC)