Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

muffin Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 1:30:10 AM(UTC)
muffin

Groups: Registered

This might be a bit hard to explain (and I can't find the forum rules, so please let me know if I can link to or post a picture of what I'm talking about) but, basically I saw this project where someone cut out a quatrefoil pattern from vinyl and used that as their kitchen backsplash. If you Google "pinterest vinyl backsplash" it is one of the first images.

I'm moving into an apartment soon and this seems much better than painting. I am new to the Cricut and got an Expression 2 for my birthday last week. I have also never, ever worked with vinyl before and have no idea what "kind" would be best. It would obviously have to be removable, but still be durable enough to stick through a few scrub downs and whatnot. Can anyone recommend a type or brand that would be good for this? Is this too crazy for a first-time project?
madgedfaad5fa2 Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 11:21:27 AM(UTC)
madgedfaad5fa2

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am also fairly new to cricut and vinyl and crafts but one of the first things I tackled was Vinyl. SOOO easy! Dont be afraid to tackle it.

I think you can buy just the regular vinyl, what they call Oracle 631. I ordered mine from Expressionsvinyl.com. I also bought some vinyl from HL. They seemed to be the same type of vinyl to me.

Hope that helps
stacyjohnson7 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:09:40 PM(UTC)
stacyjohnson7

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
It's very easy to use. Also bigger Joann stores carry the Oracle 631 $2.99, but it's on sale right now. Cheaper than ordering when on sale - they carry about 15 colors.

Love your idea!! Post pictures when done :)