Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JanisD Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 12:56:29 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
This is an odd one, I opened my e-mail which I only open about 2 times a week & found an e-bay statement that said Pay Now.. I should start by saying that I was watching this cart. I clicked on {Watch this item} the Winter Woodland cart. & it was a Buy it Now item, but I watched it so I could find it easier next time I was in e-bay.

So I'm curious if this has ever happened to anyone else??? I actually went ahead & paid for it, being I do want it anyway. The thing that upset me was what if it was something I didn't really want, or wanted & changed my mind? I guess I would have to contact the seller & e-bay, I almost did just that because this is scary & wrong really.

When I paid I did let the seller know that I had only {watched} this item, but would buy it anyway. Normally when I buy something on e-bay I pay right then & there to get it out of the way, so that's another red flag telling me something is wrong. This statement was in my e-mail box since Sunday......

GrammyCris Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 1:07:48 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 535 post(s)
I've never had that happen. Even though you have paid for it and will get it I would notify Ebay that something like that has happened....it warrants their attention to the seller.
JanisD Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 1:09:25 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: GrammyCris Go to Quoted Post
I've never had that happen. Even though you have paid for it and will get it I would notify Ebay that something like that has happened....it warrants their attention to the seller.

Your so right. I will contact e-bay & tell them. This is funny, I think you were commenting on my post & I was commenting on yours at the same time. :)
GrammyCris Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 1:10:35 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 535 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
Your so right. I will contact e-bay & tell them. This is funny, I think you were commenting on my post & I was commenting on yours at the same time. :)

Ha ha...I was thinking the same thing! We were posting on each others at the same time!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 4:11:49 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1461 time(s) in 1166 post(s)
That is really strange. I think I would have gone to ebay rather then click on the link. Clicking on links makes me nervous.

BUT enjoy your new cart!!!!

This morning, I had my sister do some Christmas shopping for me on ebay because if I would have bought something,DH would immediately know, and then it would not be a surprise.

Although he already knows what he is getting. Oh well.
JanisD Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:28:20 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
That is really strange. I think I would have gone to ebay rather then click on the link. Clicking on links makes me nervous.

BUT enjoy your new cart!!!!

This morning, I had my sister do some Christmas shopping for me on ebay because if I would have bought something,DH would immediately know, and then it would not be a surprise.

Although he already knows what he is getting. Oh well.

I'm confused on your reply...I was in e-bay & I was on the seller's page, when I clicked on {Watch this item}. :) I never clicked on a link. :)

I just re-read my original post & can see where you thought I clicked on a link. Sorry about the confusion...I never click on links unless I know what it is. :)

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:30:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

joyfullycrafting Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 1:35:14 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1461 time(s) in 1166 post(s)
OH!!!! I thought you had an email from "ebay" that said you bought the cart, and that you were supposed to click on the link in the email! I missed that you went ebay in your post. I should have read your post better!!!!

I was afraid that you had clicked a link in your email and maybe it was a scam.

In my defense, DH had emergency surgery last week, and I am a bit sleep deprived between hospital visits, and being on 24 hour call with him since he got home. When he does not feel well, I HAVE to be right by his side every minute, which can kind of drain me. DH is doing much better, but still not moving very fast.
jscraftylady Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 2:16:33 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2308 time(s) in 1241 post(s)
You did go to eBay to pay, right? You didn't click through the email to a "Pay now" link?

ETA: Are you absolutely sure the email referenced the actual item you wanted to buy from the same seller?

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2012 2:34:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JanisD Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:37:25 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
You did go to eBay to pay, right? You didn't click through the email to a "Pay now" link?

ETA: Are you absolutely sure the email referenced the actual item you wanted to buy from the same seller?

I paid from the e-bay site itself. I also have been in contact with the seller & they do have a good reputation. She offered to give me a refund & she apologized & was curious how it happened too. I decided to go ahead & buy it since I've been thinking about getting it anyway.
It's the Winter Woodland cart. & I love the buildings & Church etc. on that cart.

JanisD Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:41:23 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
OH!!!! I thought you had an email from "ebay" that said you bought the cart, and that you were supposed to click on the link in the email! I missed that you went ebay in your post. I should have read your post better!!!!

I was afraid that you had clicked a link in your email and maybe it was a scam.

In my defense, DH had emergency surgery last week, and I am a bit sleep deprived between hospital visits, and being on 24 hour call with him since he got home. When he does not feel well, I HAVE to be right by his side every minute, which can kind of drain me. DH is doing much better, but still not moving very fast.

OH my gosh, so glad hubby is doing better though! Also hope you get some well deserved rest...... Yes, I was on the e-bay site initially & then got the e-mail saying I purchased the Winter Woodland cart. LOL.
CrafteerMisadventures Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 5:08:46 PM(UTC)
CrafteerMisadventures

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 528 time(s) in 373 post(s)
What usually happens, in my experience, is that you put an item on your Watch list. Then, when the time is almost up on the Auction, eBay will send you an email telling you that it's your final chance!!! Or something like that and on the right side of the email will be either a Bid Now or Buy Now button ( depending on the type of listing) Pressing on this button will automatically take you to the eBay page and listing.

This has happened to me on multiple occasions and sometimes I purchase it, and sometimes I don't, but in NO way are you OBLIGATED to buy the item if you put it on your watch list (that I know of, and I checked the terms of use) its just Gorilla marketing on eBays part.

HTH BigGrin
JanisD Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:54:47 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Originally Posted by: AliciaPettus Go to Quoted Post
What usually happens, in my experience, is that you put an item on your Watch list. Then, when the time is almost up on the Auction, eBay will send you an email telling you that it's your final chance!!! Or something like that and on the right side of the email will be either a Bid Now or Buy Now button ( depending on the type of listing) Pressing on this button will automatically take you to the eBay page and listing.

This has happened to me on multiple occasions and sometimes I purchase it, and sometimes I don't, but in NO way are you OBLIGATED to buy the item if you put it on your watch list (that I know of, and I checked the terms of use) its just Gorilla marketing on eBays part.

HTH BigGrin

I see your point.......In this particular case it was a Buy It Now item. Also, the person selling this cart. did eventually tell me that she would issue me a refund {this all happened after my initial post}. So I am happy about that. I did end up buying it & will go through with the transaction & like I said earlier it's a good thing it was something that I planned on buying at some point.
Otherwise I would NOT have paid for it.
I wouldn't doubt it was something E-Bay did, because this seller seems to have a good reputation on e-bay & I don't want to discredit the seller. I hope it was just a weird fluke.