Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<3031323334>»
DeniseKenna Offline
#931 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 11:40:45 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
My SS's box went out yesterday. It was first expected to be there on the 8th, now showing the 10th. Blink Oh well, maybe it will surprise her on Sat!

Candy, the honey was fine out in the cold. I think there is so much sugar in it, it would take a long time to freeze. Had some on toast for b-fast ThumpUp

Gotta go to Costco today but I'm not looking forward to being out in the cold. I may have to start bugging DH about moving to a warmer cimate if this snap doesn't break soon. Who ever thought global warming was happening, needs to come visit me.
trvkladd Offline
#932 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 12:01:53 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jen Go to Quoted Post
Love seeing all the boxes. My dh mailed mine yesterday. Silly man didn't even call me when the PO told him there was a surcharge for the size of the box. Oh well a very large box is making it's was across the country from me. Gwen I just sent you the dc #, it is scheduled to arrive Friday.

That happened to me yesterday too. They told me it wasn't the size of the box it was the shape...17x17. If it had been rectangle instead of square ...no surcharge. I had to run home and separate it into 3 smaller rectangle boxes! Crazy!

Hate that PO sometimesFlapper

Just peeking in to see more pics. Have a great afternoon, ladies

~Rebecca
DeniseE Offline
#933 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:47:55 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 300 post(s)
Gwen, I did indeed mail...maybe I typed the DC number wrong. When I go to the car in a few I will check it.

Denise
DeniseE Offline
#934 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 2:50:45 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Received my package from Noahsarkgirl.. I was truly spoiled. I love everything in the box. Will post pictures soon as I get back from taking the 13 year old to basketball practice,

Denise
Beanies Mom Offline
#935 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 3:28:54 PM(UTC)
Beanies Mom

United States
Location: MQ: Page 15 Post 431 / Joined Date Should Be 7/13/2006

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
I mailed my package to my SS today and the DC# is ......... SIKE, it's a secret and I can't tell you. Gwynne knows the number so she can keep an eye on it. But I can say it's on it's way North (of course if you ship from New Mexico most packages do go North).

I hope everyone had a nice day an will have a relaxing evening.

Debbie
CraftyOldBat Offline
#936 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:04:30 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Beanies Mom Go to Quoted Post
But I can say it's on it's way North (of course if you ship from New Mexico most packages do go North).
Debbie

Yeah that's as helpful as me saying my pkgs. go west...LOL LOL
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
Beanies Mom on 12/6/2012(UTC)
amylendall Offline
#937 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:08:23 PM(UTC)
amylendall

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 71 post(s)
well I just checked dc# again and it never updated today Cursing today was supposed to be the expected delivery day! stupid po don't they know that these boxes are extremely important?! oh well at least I know it's in the right state just not in the right town yet! maybe tomorrow!
Beanies Mom Offline
#938 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:15:29 PM(UTC)
Beanies Mom

United States
Location: MQ: Page 15 Post 431 / Joined Date Should Be 7/13/2006

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 70 post(s)
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before but I need some help. I am reorganizing and I would like to know how people organize their paper. Do you go by Mfg, Color, Theme or maybe there is another way you organize. I could really use some help with this one.

Thanks,

Debbie

P.S.

I hope it's ok that I ask this question here.
CandyHazzard Offline
#939 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 5:52:01 PM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
I have my patterned paper sorted by manufacturer, and my solid cardstock by colour ... mostlyLaugh
 1 user thanked CandyHazzard for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen Online
#940 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:02:04 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 708 time(s) in 574 post(s)
My solid CS is by color except the name brand CS I keep separate, like from GinaK or SU!.

My patterned paper is different ways. I have several themes I keep separated out on one set of shelves - baby boy, baby girl, boy, girl, bday, foods, sports, vacationing, easter, 4th of July, animals, xmas, Halloween, etc.

Then my designer name brand (what I consider more expensive) is also kept separate on a couple shelves...not really by brand name but just kept away from the patterned paper I buy at M's, J's, ACM, etc. Like graphic45, webster's pages, for instance

I have a box for stripes, plaids and gingham checks.

Then all the rest of the patterned paper is by colors.

And I still spend a lot of time going thru papers searching for perfect papers.

Of course, all the paper pads I buy are also stacked up in piles so that takes time to leaf thru them to see if I see anything perfect for what I'm creating.

Pulling paper for projects can be quite the ordeal. But then other times it's so nice to leaf thru all of them and see papers you forgot you had or you see something that you know will be perfect for the next directive or the next swap partner you are working on, etc.
 1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
ScrappinGwen Online
#941 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 7:11:20 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just got home from cards and I was so hoping to discover pics posted from deliveries. The following gals should have had boxes on their porches today or yesterday.

NoahsArkGirl (yesterday)
~Amy~
M&KGrandma
LindaKinkead
DeniseEmmerich (she acknowledged earlier today)

So now there is a possibility of 4 more deliveries tomorrow.

And the best news: the box coming to me is in my state! woohoo! Not suppose to arrive until Monday, but who knows...maybe it will be here sooner!

and the bad news: the 2 boxes (mine being one of them) that have been sitting in their states have still not updated to show leaving the state of origin!!! Grrr! Mine wasn't priority but the other one was priority and it's now gonna be 3 days late if it shows up tomorrow... And that "IF" is one big IF! lol

So frustrating!

I'm only lacking 5 DC#s now. So we are gaining there too! I'm thinking 3 out of those 5 are either in the mail or will be in the mail system by tomorrow. Again, keeping fingers crossed.

Okay, off to see my recorded X Factor to see who got the boot tonight.

Maybe we'll see pics before I go to bed tonight! Pretty Please!
trvkladd Offline
#942 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:10:43 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Originally Posted by: Beanies Mom Go to Quoted Post
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times before but I need some help. I am reorganizing and I would like to know how people organize their paper. Do you go by Mfg, Color, Theme or maybe there is another way you organize. I could really use some help with this one.

Thanks,

Debbie

P.S.

I hope it's ok that I ask this question here.

I have no real system Flapper Flapper I get these heavy duty cardboard boxes with only 3 sides (front is open) from Sam's Club and stand it up right in there next to my craft table ...that way I can just look down and I see whichever colors I need. The ones that are in pads are in order of the ones that are my favs in front to least fav in back! Laugh LOL

Like I said not much of a system... more like organized chaos! Hope this helps.

Can't wait to see more pictures. My box is supposed to be delivered tomorrow! Hoping SS loves it! Will check for pictures tomorrow.

Have a great night, ladies

~Rebecca

1 user thanked trvkladd for this useful post.
Beanies Mom on 12/7/2012(UTC)
Jen Offline
#943 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:46:12 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
I wish I had a system for all my paper. I think over the Christmas school break I am going to sort through my paper and then donate a lot to the school or senior center. I have entirely too much that I simply do not use.

Tiffany, one of the items I created was 17 X 17 so I needed a large box. Found one that was 22" X 18" and 12" deep. Didn't realize it weighed 23 pounds 6.2 ounces. I was surprised that dh didn't call me. I had a box that could be cut and folded to size and could have put this item in the box and used a large priority mail box for the rest. Oh well dh paid for it and the box is on it's way. Sort of makes me nervous that some of the boxes that were scheduled to arrive are late getting there as mine has not showed any movement yet.

Edited by user Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:47:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Jen for this useful post.
Beanies Mom on 12/7/2012(UTC), tiffanyherrington on 12/11/2012(UTC)
DeniseE Offline
#944 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:01:30 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

[img]http://[/img][img][/img][img]null[/img][img][/img][img][/img]

Day 1 is a photo frame post it note holder
Day 2 is my very first paper bag album and it is awesome
No Dibbs

Edited by user Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:02:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseE Offline
#945 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:18:55 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Day 3 Paris Themed cards

Day 4

Day 5
Banner

Day 6 Oval Tags

Day 7

Day 8
DeniseE Offline
#946 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 9:28:24 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Day 9

Day 10

Day 11

Day 12

Thank you so much Beth, I love it all. On the feather flowers there was 4-green, burgandy, bluish and pinkish. The green one ended up on a birthday card I had to get in the mail for my step daughter. NO Dibbs Ya'll
noahsarkgirl Offline
#947 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 10:13:27 PM(UTC)
noahsarkgirl

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 68 post(s)
My box arrived yesterday, but it was so late when I got home, that I was not able to open it until tonight! All I can say is...wow! Craftymomof2 did a spectacular job of making and buying things that fit me perfectly. My computer will not acknowledge my card reader (agh!) so I will try to post pictures tomorrow. No dibs! Just saying! I loved everything and can't wait to show off my great box! Thanks so much Lana!

Denise, I am so glad that you liked everything! I had such a great time making things for your box!

ScrappinGwen Online
#948 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:08:31 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Noahsarkgirl - you did a really nice job in what you created for Denise. How special for Denise to receive her first paperbag album! That's great!

The feather flowers are awesome looking. love them!

and that pearl item looks like an angel of sorts? Not sure exactly, but that's what I'm seeing....

You did a great job your first time being in this swap! Congrats!

I know Denise will enjoy it all!

ScrappinGwen Online
#949 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 7:19:50 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Nothing has updated to show any deliveries today. 4 possibilities but right now looking like only one will actually get delivered....

I'll check numbers again after lunch.

It's sounding like many of us used larger boxes then what we may normally use in prior rounds. Which makes sense as there were 12 directives and it's christmas round too. So sounds to me like the larger sized boxes are being extra slow in getting mailed across the states. Guess that is something to remember for future swaps. 2 smaller boxes might be better choice then one large box. lol!

The things we learn in these swaps...

Looking forward to hearing from those that have received their swap boxes and have yet to post online, say thank you, post pictures, etc.!

Come on - we are all getting impatient this week on the wait! It must be the stress of christmas...
ScrappinGwen Online
#950 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 9:10:37 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just received a PM from M&KGrandma. She's been flat in bed for the past couple of days sick with flu. She got online long enough to update me.

Julie - she received your box and just opened it this morning and says everything is just wonderful and to thank you. She will try her best to have energy to take pics and post later tonight.

She hopes to mail her box out tomorrow - definitely won't be today.

Again, she apologizes for her tardiness but can't be helped.

I just ran DC#s and NOTHING has updated from yesterday! I swear they must be holding all of our large boxes hostage. I'm hoping they will release them on Sat. and load on planes and mail quickly across the states! Monday should be an awesome day for revealing boxes!

So if you haven't mailed yet, I'd do my best to mail by Sat.

For those of you not mailing til next week....it will probably be 10 days before it gets delivered. And paying for priority mail is a waste of money. I don't think it's been on time for anyone yet in this swap that spent the extra money. If you are mailing next week, I'd consider mailing in 2 or 3 smaller boxes instead of one large box. The large boxes are just not moving.

Mine was something like 17 x 14 x 11 and it's not even updated to show where it arrived at since leaving my town. I feel like it's just sitting on a truck on a highway someplace....

and my box is not the only one just sitting... so mailing is a mess this week.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#951 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 11:55:16 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hate to say it but it's not just the larger boxes either. I mailed 2 small pkgs last Sat; 1 to TN and 1 to PA. The one to TN finally arrived yesterday but the one to PA has been stuck in Philly for 3 days now. I worked in a catalog distribution ctr. for over 10 years; traditionally this is not a slow week for shipping. The layoffs and closings they did must be impacting service.
ScrappinGwen Online
#952 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 12:05:11 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I was hoping that smaller pkgs. might have a better chance of moving faster, but guess not. And actually, Rebecca repacked hers into 3 boxes and hers hasn't moved yet either. Hers are all priority too!

SO I agree.....closures, reductions, etc. must really be impacting service this week. I wonder if maybe next week triggers a special xmas date that they might have better service? One can only hope....
ScrappinGwen Online
#953 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 12:14:59 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I just checked numbers again and the two I was so sure would get delivered today as they are behind schedule still have not updated! Grrr! And they are on the east coast too! lol

But one slated for today actually just updated and is out for delivery on the west coast.

SO as of right now, that's only 1 box out of 4 possibilities that is now out for delivery.

Two of those other ones are priority but they did not move in priority pace! So frustrating!

So maybe we'll see pics late tonight yet! lol

JulieClawser Offline
#954 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 1:01:07 PM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
I just received a PM from M&KGrandma. She's been flat in bed for the past couple of days sick with flu. She got online long enough to update me.

Julie - she received your box and just opened it this morning and says everything is just wonderful and to thank you. She will try her best to have energy to take pics and post later tonight.

Thanks for letting me know Gwynne! I'm glad it is safely in her hands.

Teri - I'm sorry you're so sick Confused I hope maybe your box lifted your spirits for a few minutes at least!

FYI for eveyone else - I'm not sure what Priority Mail cost everyone, but I opted to send mine FedEx 2-Day guarantee and it was right on time. It cost me $15 for a 9x13x5 box that weighted 5 pounds. If you're looking for a more efficient option, I just wanted to share. FedEx Ground is even cheaper, but I wanted the 2-day guarantee.

Can't wait to see more pictures!
Scrapin*Creations Offline
#955 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 2:25:32 PM(UTC)
Scrapin*Creations

Was thanked: 147 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Hi Ladies..

Wanted to share this info ... I have friend that works for the PO and she says that a reason why packages show no movement is that the packages don't always get scanned as they should at each stop along to their final destination. Hope this helpsBigGrin

Looking forward to seeing more packages and to hear how my SS liked her goodies.

Have a great weekend,
Ali
 1 user thanked Scrapin*Creations for this useful post.
~AmyS~ on 12/8/2012(UTC)
DeniseE Offline
#956 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 2:37:31 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

I absolutely love everything, Noahsarkgirl. I really felt the time and care that you put in to it. And yes Gwynne, it is an angel. I collect them and she fits right in.
Thanks again

Denise
ScrappinGwen Online
#957 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 3:21:59 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just checked numbers again and there are now 2 out for delivery!

Off to dinner, I'll be back later.
~Pamela~ Offline
#958 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 3:35:19 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
My mailman just came and brought me presents! Rebecca, I love everything and thank you so much for all the thought that went into it and the things for Isadora! She loves everything! He delivered two boxes but I am thinking you might have shipped in three? There were a few days missing so my guess is there is a third box out there traveling around some place! I will post picture of everything all together. Thank you!
 1 user thanked ~Pamela~ for this useful post.
trvkladd on 12/7/2012(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#959 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 3:39:48 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Originally Posted by: ~Pamela~ Go to Quoted Post
My mailman just came and brought me presents! Rebecca, I love everything and thank you so much for all the thought that went into it and the things for Isadora! She loves everything! He delivered two boxes but I am thinking you might have shipped in three? There were a few days missing so my guess is there is a third box out there traveling around some place! I will post picture of everything all together. Thank you!

Yes, there was 3. The one that I was hoping you would get first is the one you will be getting last. Says it's still in my state! So happy that you love everything. BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Looking forward to you getting the other box!

Maybe tomorrow...Not sure because when I tracked just a few minutes ago it's not even been updated since the 5th!

~Rebecca

KelleyRooks Offline
#960 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2012 3:40:35 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
My son texted me at work and said I have a big box waiting for me from Jennifer - Jen is that you??????? If so that was fast delivery. He said he opened and there where tons of wrapped boxes...He didn't open the boxes though. We have been getting a lot of a friend's (who is overseas)boxes shipped to us so we never know if it is for us or them. OOOOH it is for me he sent me a pic of all the wrapped packages. Drool Drats I still have 2 hours more and an hour commute. NO FAIR.Crying