• Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.



devildogwife056f05906e Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 11:15:02 PM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2011(UTC)
Posts: 6

If I'm gonna design cups and stuff that need to be washed, what kind of vinyl do i need to purchase and where can i purchase it?
southgirltexas Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 2:30:00 PM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,284
Location: Texarkana, Texas

Thanks: 58 times
Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I bought the ones in Hobby Lobby...my friend put my item I made for her in the dishwasher and it did fine.
deleted Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 7:40:06 AM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/26/2012(UTC)
Posts: 168

Thanks: 1 times
Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I get my vinyl at EXPRESSIONS VINYL . I use Oracal 651 on acrylic tumblers.

I recommend hand washing them, but I have put it through the dishwasher many times.

Do not use regular vinyl like you would purchase at Hobby Lobby. Make sure you get something that is rated "outdoor" or "permanant".

The Cricut vinyl that is sold in stores is Oracal 631, it is removable - so not recommended for something you want to wash.

There are also other online retailers besides Expressions Vinyl.

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2015, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.921 seconds.