Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

40 Pages«<3233343536>»
KelleyRooks Offline
#991 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:53:11 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post
Jen, a wonderful job, as always.

Kelley - a couple pictures aren't showing up. One must be of a banner?

Love the tissue box! Bet that made Kelley smile! Her colors and owls too! That's a great image of the owls too.

Is that purse made out of paper? That's a nice template, if so. And again, Kelley's taste in colors and paper, totally!

The music sheet wreath turned out super too! You did a nice job on that!

Jen, you couldn't have done a nicer job for Kelley!

Enjoy your goodies and put those pearls and ribbons to good use too!

I just saw this. I will go back and fill in any missing pictures later tonight. Sorry. Everything was just perfect. I LOVE IT ALL. Love The purse is made out of some of my favorite papers (G45) with layers and beautifully done. I would love to know if she used a patern or cartridge (if so which one?).
KelleyRooks Offline
#992 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:01:27 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

I checked my DC and it says it hasn't left the postal center, yet my receipt said expected delivery was the 10th. I did mail priority so hopefully my partner will get it in the next few days. Hint the box has a long journey and my partner is East of me.
DeniseKenna Offline
#993 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 9:21:25 AM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
So excited to see if___ likes her box! She should be getting it today! Loving all the goodies so far. Got our tree up last night and it has SNOWED!!! So glad since it wasn't feeling very Christmasy being bitterly cold!
DeniseE Offline
#994 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 10:42:38 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 349 time(s) in 316 post(s)
The box I sent to ______________ has not been updated since the 6th of Dec. :-(

Denise

Security codes, Really!!!!
trvkladd Offline
#995 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 11:56:35 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Beth (noahsarkgirl)/Lana~ Great goodies! Especially love the banner.

Kelly/Jen~ Love the Paris box and the wreath!

Great job ladies, everything is amazing. Can't wait to see more pictures. Hope everyone is having a great day

~Rebecca
Jen Offline
#996 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:06:31 PM(UTC)
Jen

Was thanked: 157 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Kelley and Gwen, the purse is made from a sheet of 12 x 12 cardstock, with some coordinating paper strips and some things from my stash - the chain handles, button and velcro. I changed the closure on mine to a shape I could use from a die or cutting machine because I wanted it to be larger and layered for durability. There is no cutting of the 12 X 12 cardstock, just scoring and folding. I found this when searching for the prefect idea for a purse. It was a you tube video by stampingwithmichelle. Here is her blog http://stampingwithmichelled.typepad.com/my-blog/ Check out her video gallery and scroll to the bottom of the page where you can find the video for the purse. The purse turns out pretty big but I have seen it done smaller as a gift card holder.

The tissue box hold was done as an extra item (Kelley got 13 days of Christmas) because I was not sure about the blue and green (embossed sizzix folders using sizzix/Tim Holtz style folders in blue, green and neutral colors as well as the owl ornament). So I found some wonderful vintage owl graphics and some vintage blue/tan sort of green reversable paper and made her the vintage style tissue box holder complete with blue tissues - lol. Kelley indicated something vintage for blue and green and it had owls so this fit.

As far as these boxes arriving and not arriving. It's crazy because mine did not update until after it was delivered. My dh went to the post office around 4:00 pm on Wednesday and Kelley's box was delivered Friday when indicated. Now our mail today is really messed up. We are recieving some things but not other things. I had three packaged delivered today with one being a priority mail package (no SS yet) but none of us (neighbors and I) have recieved actual mail in our mail boxes. Now two of mine was Christmas items I had ordered and one our some used our address as he lives in an apartment and didn't want to worry about a package being delivered. I think it's the influx of the holiday packages arriving.

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 12:11:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#997 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:35:35 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 673 post(s)
To my SS, your box should arrive this week. Also, be on the lookout for another package being delivered on Friday, which is Day 1 of this swap...hope you'll be home.

I haven't received a box yet, but I've been having lots of trouble with those people at the post office. Was supposed to receive a box last Tuesday (DC showed arrival and notice left), but DH got the mail all last week and no card or anything. Then on Friday I had him get out and talk to someone at the window to find out if the box came, and there is was sitting there and still no notice was left. I called and gave them an earful. She couldn't give me an answer as to why I never got notice. So Gwen if one of those that were delivered was mine, please let me know because I think the P.O. is doing this deliberately now because I've been complaining.Crying Blushing
chefkimmo Offline
#998 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:39:17 PM(UTC)
chefkimmo

Was thanked: 61 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I am shocked,,,, stunned,,, my eyes couldn't believe what I just saw!!! WAHOOO, the package has moved AND it says it is out for deliver!!! OMG!!! Now I am back to the worried she will like it phase. LOL BigGrin

Fingers crossed they didn't stack in some corner with heavy boxes on top and they missed the words on the side that said FRAGILE!!! I may sound like something is loose inside but if all goes well it should only be loose in the item I made.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#999 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:52:56 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 863 time(s) in 672 post(s)
yea!!! I finally can log on and be here to post!

Sheila, Jean and myself have not been able to log on today since early this morning. WE could be here as guests though and so I could see that several of you were able to log on and post! Talk about more frustration!

My box from Cheryl (CMC56) arrived today and everything is just so wonderful! My fav. color of red is seen many times...my fav. colors in my kitchen are seen several times....great ideas too!

and I think I've received something that we've not seen in a swap before! It's my Day 12 music item. It's cool! My son watched me open everything and he was very impressed too. He totally understands the concept of having to make something following the directive, ie feathers or pearls.

My pictures are all taken, just need to post real soon.

We have 4 boxes out for delivery, last I checked. But now that it's into the afternoon, maybe the West Coast has updated and maybe there are more! I'll go check them again...

Oh, and no DIBBS! Cheryl put a lot of thought into all her ideas and they are just for me! JUST FOR ME!

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
CMC56 on 12/11/2012(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#1000 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:53:32 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Jen~ Love the paper purse tutorial. Thanks for the link. Just watched the video and decided that I'll be making some of these for the DD's for Christmas. I'm going to fill them with things you would traditionally find in a purse(mints, gum, mini calendar, address book, ink pen, notepad, Chapstick, mini hand sanitizer etc.) and put them under the tree. I already made 3 little backpacks for DS's and DGS. So these will go right along with those. Will post pics when done...thanks again

~Rebecca
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1001 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:01:12 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Kathy, your box arrived at your PO yesterday...but it doesn't say out for delivery today (so far). So just want you to be aware that it's there already.

Robin, yours is not out for delivery today (so far) but it's very close (Champagne, ILL), so maybe tomorrow!

Ooops! We now have 5 boxes out for delivery!

I really thought today would be a huge day for deliveries, but guess I'm going to have to be patient and see what happens tomorrow instead! We still have boxes that were mailed last Mon. and last Tues. that have not updated yet since that day! Just nuts!

I still have not heard from Tiffany via text or email. Her box is now at her PO waiting for her to pick up. And I still don't have her DC to know how far along her box is to her SS in the postal system. So if anyone can contact her on FB, please do so. I don't do FB.

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 1:02:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#1002 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:17:48 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

All my goodies wrapped so nicely in the prettiest christmas paper!

Day 1: Something fruity: an apron with apples on it! lol And it fits wonderfully! And the yellow is the exact color of my walls! Love it! and there have truly been times when I wished I had such an apron! I tied it to the back of a chair to take a pic...but you get the idea...

Day 2: Something to do with Love: a very nicely done Family frame! Again, the colors of the green in the paper is pretty much an exact match to the greens in my LR or Kitchen. The bonus: My daughter has had family picture taken for our xmas gift this year....SO I need to let her know I'll take an extra pose for this frame!

Day 3: Something Paris: I could not imagine what was inside that huge wrapped gift - I was sure it couldn't be a cornucopia.... and it was not! An altered Eiffel Tower for hanging my vast collection of dangles. Now I need more so guess I'm back to joining more dangle swaps! She did very nice job on the altering too! Ohhh La La! Love it!

Day 4: Something feathers: Super nice altered keys! First time I've received altered keys, I believe. And they are of super weight! My son commented on how heavy they are! lol

Day 5: Oval tags: The first of 3 lovely tags she created. How can I part with them? Love the vintage Santa, really love that cute rudolph and LOVE the verse on the Tree tag. (I am a sucker for verses...)

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 1:25:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen attached the following image(s):
IMG_6349.JPG
IMG_6350.JPG
IMG_6352.JPG
IMG_6353.JPG
IMG_6354.JPG
IMG_6362.JPG
IMG_6363.JPG
IMG_6368.JPG
IMG_6369.JPG
IMG_6390.JPG
CMC56 on 12/11/2012(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1003 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:29:51 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Day 5 tags continued...

Day 6: A banner. This too is very weighty. My son held one end up for me and I spanned it across the kitchen to take the picture. It's actually going in my craft room though. But the colors are again my fav. combo of that particular yellow and brick red like my kitchen. Just awesome how she embellished each panel in a particular theme. Ladybugs, steampunk, sewing, etc. Just awesome job on this Cheryl!
IMG_6391.JPG
IMG_6392.JPG
IMG_6393.JPG
IMG_6355.JPG
IMG_6356.JPG
IMG_6357.JPG
IMG_6358.JPG
IMG_6359.JPG
IMG_6360.JPG
IMG_6361.JPG
KelleyRooks Offline
#1004 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:34:06 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Kathy, your box arrived at your PO yesterday...but it doesn't say out for delivery today (so far). So just want you to be aware that it's there already.

Robin, yours is not out for delivery today (so far) but it's very close (Champagne, ILL), so maybe tomorrow!

Ooops! We now have 5 boxes out for delivery!

I really thought today would be a huge day for deliveries, but guess I'm going to have to be patient and see what happens tomorrow instead! We still have boxes that were mailed last Mon. and last Tues. that have not updated yet since that day! Just nuts!

I still have not heard from Tiffany via text or email. Her box is now at her PO waiting for her to pick up. And I still don't have her DC to know how far along her box is to her SS in the postal system. So if anyone can contact her on FB, please do so. I don't do FB.

Gwynne, I sent her a FB message.
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1005 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 1:56:34 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Day 7: blues and greens of the ocean. Two dangles to hang on my Eiffel Tower, of course! (and no Jean, you may not call dibbs on these!)

Day 8: Pearl item. A lovely teacup made out of pearlized shimmer paper with lovely pearls all around the bottom and top of it and loaded with stick pins! Lovely ones too! Pretty cool idea, I must say.... I needed another one too!

Day 9: Purse filled with my fav. xmas mints It's so cute! I can see my DGD wanting it!

Day 10: Male cards - both very nicely done

Day 11: lace (love the paper spools each is wrapped on - lovely presentation)

Day 12: Music Sheet project This is my wow! project, for sure! It is a metal tin and when I lifted the lid off, what did I find inside??? the inner workings of a music box! It plays music! So not only did I get music sheet paper on the embellished lid, but I got music too! Now is that cool or what? Great idea!

Did you make that yourself, Cheryl? I mean, is it a kit or did the tin come that way?

Then she also included some extra goodies as well as a huge bag of metal charms and what not. Just look at all the vintage ones! singer sewing machine caught my eye....

Thank you again so much Cheryl for a lovely, lovely swap box of goodies! It's all very muc appreciated!

IMG_6366.JPG
IMG_6367.JPG
IMG_6372.JPG
IMG_6370.JPG
IMG_6371.JPG
IMG_6373.JPG
IMG_6374.JPG
IMG_6375.JPG
IMG_6376.JPG
IMG_6389.JPG
CMC56 on 12/11/2012(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1006 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 2:05:22 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

the music box!! Now if only you guys could all hear my music playing.... and feel the texture on the red scrolls on the paper...and feel the weight of the altered keys and the banner too!

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 2:10:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

IMG_6377.JPG
IMG_6378.JPG
IMG_6379.JPG
IMG_6380.JPG
IMG_6381.JPG
IMG_6382.JPG
IMG_6383.JPG
IMG_6384.JPG
IMG_6385.JPG
IMG_6386.JPG
~Pamela~ Offline
#1007 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 2:36:42 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Ok I am Finally ready to post all the pictures of the wonderful items from Rebecca. Just be patient because this is going to take a while. I am so sorry it has taken so long but there was so much to open and take pictures of. She not only did this swap for me she did every single one of the 12 day for Isdaora too. So first I am going to post my pictures and then I will post everything made for Isadora. Rebecca, Thank you so much for the thought you put into this. There was one HAPPY little girl is SoCal today when she got home from school and saw this mountain of gifts. Ok mine first! We really love it all!

Day 12 and wrapping!

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 2:55:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~Pamela~ attached the following image(s):
Day12.jpg
everything2.JPG
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1008 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 2:37:36 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Just checked DCs again and the good news is that now we have 6 out for delivery or delivered already today. So only 4 did not update at all today!

Tiffany also texted me and she was on her way to PO to pu her box and then she'll also get the DC to me of the box she mailed this past week.

So I'm down to only 3 boxes needing DCs gotten to me. I imagine I will have them later tonight or tomorrow bright and early.

Sure hope everyone is able to log on and start posting pictures tonight!

I just might hit 3000 posts before this swap closes! I feel like I'm posting every other minute lately....you guys must be tired of seeing my name with a new update saying the same ole thing! lol
~Pamela~ Offline
#1009 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 2:49:49 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Days 1-11

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 2:55:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DAY1.jpg
Day2.jpg
Day3.JPG
Day4.jpg
Day5.jpg
Day6.JPG
Day7.jpg
Day8.JPG
Day9-10.JPG
Day11.jpg
~Pamela~ Offline
#1010 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 3:03:05 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Ok now for Isadora pictures!
Everything.jpg
Day1.jpg
Day2.jpg
Day3.jpg
Day4.JPG
Day5.JPG
Day6.jpg
~Pamela~ Offline
#1011 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 3:06:01 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

The rest...

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 3:06:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Day7.jpg
Day8.jpg
candy8.jpg
Day9.jpg
Day10.JPG
Day11.JPG
Day12.JPG
JeanP Offline
#1012 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 3:26:01 PM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 1002 time(s) in 806 post(s)
Finally managed to login so I could post.

Wow, some really nice boxes arrivingBigGrin

Cheryl did an excellant job for Gwynne. Love the Eiffel Tower!!!!! The music box is fantastic.

Rebecce, how nice of you to make stuff for Isadora also. You did super for both her and PamelaSmile

Kelley received a very nice box of goodies from Jen.

who was it that made the streampunk purse? I need to double check that one

I will have to go back and look at all these boxes again so I can scraplift a few ideasBigGrin

This has been a great swap. NIce crafting and thought put into the boxes.
 2 users thanked JeanP for this useful post.
trvkladd on 12/10/2012(UTC), CMC56 on 12/11/2012(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#1013 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 4:07:14 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Pamela~ You're so welcome. I was thrilled to be able to craft for Isadora as well. I'm so excited that you and Isadora both enjoyed and love the things that I made/sent. Did you get that the "banner/boxes" are an Advent Calendar. Not sure if I put that in the not I sent. I didn't number them because I wasn't sure if you would want me to!

Cheryl/Gwynne~ Love, love, love the things in your box. I especially love and will be scraplifting the pearl teacup. The tags are beautiful.

Can't wait to see more pictures soon!

Hope everyone has a great evening

~Rebecca
 1 user thanked trvkladd for this useful post.
CMC56 on 12/11/2012(UTC)
JulieClawser Offline
#1014 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 4:21:31 PM(UTC)
JulieClawser

Was thanked: 105 time(s) in 82 post(s)
MY BOX IS HERE!

Chefkimmo... Thank you so much... WE love everything! Kim was so thoughtful, she included some small gifts for Jocelyn too. She has been playing with her ponies ever since she opened them... They're already named!

I took pictures of everything, and will come back to post them after dinner. I have to say NO DIBBS... These beauties are staying right here!
RockinRobin1 Offline
#1015 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:14:01 PM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

Was thanked: 1237 time(s) in 673 post(s)
WOOHOO my box came today....all the way from ALASKA! Now who do I know that lives in Alaska? Oh, yeah, DENISE! but...

BOOHOO DH picked the mail up on his way to work and so I can't open until he gets home around 10:30 p.m., but my camera is at the ready.

Wow, what talent we have on here. I'm so lovin' everyone's boxes. Going to have to add this thread to my favorites list so I can come back and revisit these projects to scraplift later.LOL LOL LOL

Hey Gwynne, how do you keep your daycare kids from touching all those Christmas decorations? LOL LOL LOL

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2012 5:14:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KelleyRooks Offline
#1016 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:24:20 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
Finally managed to login so I could post.

Wow, some really nice boxes arrivingBigGrin

Cheryl did an excellant job for Gwynne. Love the Eiffel Tower!!!!! The music box is fantastic.

Rebecce, how nice of you to make stuff for Isadora also. You did super for both her and PamelaSmile

Kelley received a very nice box of goodies from Jen.

who was it that made the streampunk purse? I need to double check that one

I will have to go back and look at all these boxes again so I can scraplift a few ideasBigGrin

This has been a great swap. NIce crafting and thought put into the boxes.

Kim made the purse for Luvskrappin. She did an awesome job on it and I so love it. Love I wanted to steal it from her LOL

For those wanting to learn more about techniques and steampunk - this gentleman puts on what appears to be awesome workshops. I signed up for two of his as a Christmas present to myself. http://www.andyskinnercrafts.com/

ScrappinGwen Offline
#1017 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:36:57 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

RockinRobin1;1617551Hey Gwynne, how do you keep your daycare kids from touching all those Christmas decorations? [lol wrote:
LOL LOL

Well, today was not an easy day, let me tell you....poor Santa was dismantled a few times and became a one legged santa! I finally put him away in a room to deal with later. And I had to do a lot of scolding and reminding today. Last year they were all babies, most not even crawling, so naturally this year they are about as curious as can be!

It will get better each day as the curiousity wears off.

But in all honesty, I've never really had any problems with the kids. But, I do have a feeling that this year will be "the year" and thus why I decided to hold off on putting up the christmas tree yesterday.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#1018 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:44:58 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I have 2 more boxes confirmed in the mail today. So that leaves me just waiting on 2 now. I would think they went postal or surely will tomorrow. Pretty please....

Well, I have 2 boxes that still have not moved! And they were mailed last Mon and Tues. It's just so unfair! One was slated for delivery today, and the other is slated for tomorrow...so we shall see what happens tomorrow! Plus another box mailed over the weekend was slated for today but did not move. Plus another box mailed last Thursday has not moved yet either.

On the otherhand....a box that was slated for WEDNESDAY was delivered today! So explain that one to me! I'm glad it got delivered but good grief, why not the other 2 packages that were mailed before that one??!!

So I'll be crossing my fingers for 4 possible deliveries tomorrow. After those 4, the last 4 may be a few days...

ScrappinGwen Offline
#1019 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 5:55:27 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Nice job Rebecca on your projects to Pamela and Isadora. Where you found the time to make all that for Isadora is beyond me! The pink hat you made her is adorable!

So what does that french verse say on the Paris hanging?

And I have to ask what the heart item is....is it like a little mini album to journal on? From Isadora's picture, I see it swivels open to display all the hearts. And I can't tell what the cherry item is either. Sorry, but I just like to understand!

the feather trees look so soft and cuddly!

I'm sure Pamela and Isadora will enjoy it all.

I don't see Pam's male cards or sheet music project either.
~Pamela~ Offline
#1020 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 6:18:46 PM(UTC)
~Pamela~

Nice job Rebecca on your projects to Pamela and Isadora. Where you found the time to make all that for Isadora is beyond me! The pink hat you made her is adorable!

So what does that french verse say on the Paris hanging?

And I have to ask what the heart item is....is it like a little mini album to journal on? From Isadora's picture, I see it swivels open to display all the hearts. And I can't tell what the cherry item is either. Sorry, but I just like to understand!

the feather trees look so soft and cuddly!

I'm sure Pamela and Isadora will enjoy it all.

I don't see Pam's male cards or sheet music project either.

The wall hang says be calm and craft on... I am pretty sure.
I am so sorry, I was rushing to get everything up because it has taken me so long, the fruit/cherry item is a cute set of notecards!
The hearts are little mini albums we could journal in, SUPER cute!
For the male cards she did the smores kit for Dan (we all got one) and my music sheet item is in a previous post a pages back.
Isadora's hat has candy and mine has all kinds of metal goodies and buttons! The feather trees are AWESOME and look great on our mantel!

AND yes Rebecca we did figure out the advent even though it came first, most of those little boxes have goodies in them. Isadora already asks every day if she can open one. She looks forward to it!

I have no idea how you found the time to make all this for us either but trust we love everything. I just helped her hang the banner in her room and she can't wait for Daddy to get home so she can't show him all her presents.