Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jalindauerd6eac077 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 2:30:44 PM(UTC)
jalindauerd6eac077

Groups: Registered

Hello Everyone,

I have had my Cricut Expression for just about two years now and this is the first time I have ever posted in here. I am having some trouble with my Cricut Expression.

I went to use it this weekend and when I turned it on it started warming up like it always does and then the blade housing started making this horrible noise. Exactly as in this video.

I was wondering if any of you had an insight on why this is happening and how can I fix it.

Thank you all in advance for any help/advice you give me!

-Jenn
Aden's_Nana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 2:48:41 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
My baby bug did this one time. I called ProvoCraft and they had me turn the machine on and let it do its start up, when it is finished making the noises I had to reach in and slide the black band ( looks like some sort of saw blade to me) back and forth a few times. Then shut it off and restart it. I had to do that 2 or 3 times before it started working correctly again.

I am by no means an expert on this but it is at least worth a try. Let us know if you try it and if it works.

Good luck

Jackie
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 11:06:31 AM(UTC)
jalindauerd6eac077

Originally Posted by: Aden's_Nana Go to Quoted Post
My baby bug did this one time. I called ProvoCraft and they had me turn the machine on and let it do its start up, when it is finished making the noises I had to reach in and slide the black band ( looks like some sort of saw blade to me) back and forth a few times. Then shut it off and restart it. I had to do that 2 or 3 times before it started working correctly again.

I am by no means an expert on this but it is at least worth a try. Let us know if you try it and if it works.

Good luck

Jackie

Thank you so much, Jackie! Hopefully I can try that tonight when I get home from work. I will be sure to follow up and let you know if it works. BigGrin

Fingers crossed it works for me.
Aden's_Nana Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 2:39:27 PM(UTC)
Aden's_Nana

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 203 post(s)
I have my fingers crossed for you also.

dpayne45f10a4ae3 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 10:41:40 AM(UTC)
dpayne45f10a4ae3

Mellow I have just experienced the horrible noise and failure to progress described and also in the video. Please let me know if you have found a fix moving the black band hasn't helped at all.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 12:21:04 PM(UTC)
jalindauerd6eac077

I am sad to say the moving the black band back and forth did not work. Now none of the lights will come on exactly as in the video I had originally attached.

I work full time and by the time I get home it is too late to cal the customer service number. I think my machine is dead and will have to be replaced. And since I am no longer under the warranty I will have to buy a new one.

What are you thoughts between the CE & the CE2.
jadedm0on17590184 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 2:37:36 AM(UTC)
jadedm0on17590184

hello!

i have somewhat of a solution to this problem. my expression was doing the same exact thing, just like the video and thinking about the fact that i might have to buy another one again, i decided to open it and this is what i found.

when you pull the blade housing to the left (when the machine is off) you will see a red button all the way on the inside of the right. if youve searched the internet, you probably found that this is the reset button. once the machine turns on and makes some start-up noise for a second or two, the blade housing moves to the right until it hits the reset button and stops moving. this button is broken. that is why the blade housing keep moving to the right and makes that horrible noise.

my husband was able to fix this for me but you basically have to remove the the right side panel to get to the problem. i actually removed the bottom panel first, unpluged all the wires (theres no way to get them mixed up since they are all different connectors) and used a screw drive to 'unhook' the gray cap that is covering the screws on the right side. once you have the right panel removed, you can put the bottom panel back on (make sure you replace all the connectors)

when you have the right side panel removed, it will look like

if you look at the next picture, the black 'button' with the black and red wires running out of it, is the reason why its not working correctly. it should look like the picture below but mines was completely disconnected.

if you can get two pliers, or one socket and one plier to unscrew and remove the actual red button, and glue it back you can get the machine running again. crazy glue is probably not the best type of adhesive since the reason the button broke was because of stress of the housing, you will need something that bonds and flexs as well.

however, my husband put too much glue and made the button stuck and not move, so he replace it with a completely different button altogether. i know this is not the best advice on exactly how to fix your cricut but i really hope it helps you. if you have any questions, my husband would be happy to assist in explaining. :)