Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

eabrooksief1b38660 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 04, 2012 10:26:15 AM(UTC)
eabrooksief1b38660

Groups: Registered

I recently purchased a Cricut Imagine last weekend from Hobby Lobby and have yet to use it. I have disabled my firewall so I can do a system update but it never updated after 4 hours. I called customer care and they suggested to do a system restore but it is stuck and currently says installing firmware: bad image. It's been at the same screen today for the past 2 hours and I don't know what to do. I followed the instructions posted by Cricut for a system restore but it has stalled. My local Hobby Lobby no longer carry Cricut Imagine in stock as well as the other craft stores. I'm at the point feeling like I wasted $300.00 for nothing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Elizabeth
Crying Mad
eabrooksief1b38660 attached the following image(s):
cricut.png
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 05, 2012 2:55:40 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eabrooksief1b38660 Go to Quoted Post
I recently purchased a Cricut Imagine last weekend from Hobby Lobby and have yet to use it. I have disabled my firewall so I can do a system update but it never updated after 4 hours. I called customer care and they suggested to do a system restore but it is stuck and currently says installing firmware: bad image. It's been at the same screen today for the past 2 hours and I don't know what to do. I followed the instructions posted by Cricut for a system restore but it has stalled. My local Hobby Lobby no longer carry Cricut Imagine in stock as well as the other craft stores. I'm at the point feeling like I wasted $300.00 for nothing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Elizabeth
Crying Mad

Ikes $300? I thought HL had them down to $180 or something like that. What kind of internet are you using? I would close out cricutsync and start it over. If it stalls out, unplug the USB and plug it back into the same port. If it still is stalled after 5 minutes, then unplug the USB cord again and plug it into a different port.

It's not just your firewall, also need to make sure your antivirus software doesn't interfere or recognizes cricutsync and adobeair as safe.

I have system restore on high speed internet can take an hour - hour and a half if it's not problematic. If it gets stuck at the 'content' even after the above, call PC.

HTH
:)Khrista
mariellesuarezd05f3c5b Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:41:53 AM(UTC)
mariellesuarezd05f3c5b

Hi!!

Did you resolved this issue? I'm getting the same error! I need help!

I only have 2 months with it, and I don't use it often. The machine was cutting and all of the sudden froze. I unplugged it and puggled it again and never worked again,just keeps restarting,presenting de cricut logo over and over again, in order to connect the computer I had to put it in "safe mode" (Blue screen) and then run cricut sync....After uploading content I get the same error: BAD IMAGE.

What else can I do?!?!?!?!Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying
mariellesuarezd05f3c5b Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:47:27 AM(UTC)
mariellesuarezd05f3c5b

I have the cricut expression 2
Khrista Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:39:00 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
The machine freezing can be various things:

1. Are you using Cricut Craft Room? It doesn't work for all people and according to PC the Imagine is only going to be support as a stand alone machine (which means no CCR so if it works, great.. if not.. sorry)
2. What cartridge/ cartridges were you using with it?
3. What are all of the numbers in the ( ) on the about screen?

Sometimes it'll randomly reboot. If it's not doing that all the time, odds are it was the cartridge or a specific image on the cartridge that they didn't catch. There's a few known ones that cause issues. (like Belle's lips on one of the disney ones).

I would try to run cricut sync at least two more times. Make sure that you don't have a firewall and antivirus software interferring. They need to recognize Adobe Air and CricutSync as safe. You also need to make sure your computer doesn't go to sleep/night/screensaver mode while it's updating. If after two more times it doesn't go through, then call PC. Particularly if it is still under warranty.

:)Khrista
paco877bf1c3156 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 04, 2013 9:37:14 PM(UTC)
paco877bf1c3156

Please I need help!,

my cricut imagine model crim0001

I'm getting the same error! I need help!Huh

only de logo
Ana MargaritaCuellar Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, April 24, 2014 10:40:03 AM(UTC)
Ana MargaritaCuellar

Mad
Forget it. The imagine will not work. I have tried doing the system restore and it stops at the point where it asks to insert the mat in order to calibrate. It has been like that for over a year now. I have had no luck with people at PC support so I have had it in my storage room just sitting there back in the box. I just found someone who will buy it for $50 and wants it for spare parts. That really was a bad investment. I switched to the Cameo. Great machine.