Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5253545556>»
rm920 Offline
#1591 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 6:39:25 AM(UTC)
rm920

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good morning all...

Lizzy, sorry about ruining a perfectly good whole wheat muffin, but so glad you had a back up! I so agree with your statement about putting up and taking down decorations. It is not as much fun as it was when the kids were home.

Pat, I loved the cemetery photos! Glad the NC trip went well.

Today I have made a list of this I want to get done:

Put up tree
Get cards signed and ready to mail on Monday
Pick up some Christmas gifts that I had ordered
Get groceries
Laundry

If I can get that done this weekend, I will be happy.

After the fist week of word, I think I will really like this job. It seems to get better each day. And I am truly thankful I was able to find such a good job so quickly in this economy!

OK, I am off to get to work on my list! Will check back in later.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1592 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:30:03 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello, hello ladies!

The days are whizzing by...

Wednesday DS did end up helping me. They were done with their window job at 10 so he texted me and said "save me some floors, I am on my way". What a guy!! Love
DH took a half day off Thur. so after my house we worked on the wood in the backyard. We did that until it got dark. Then I went to Cracker Barrel with my sister. Someone she works with was sharing their friends and family discount. We got 45% off everything!! Even if it was on sale!! I picked up a few items. (yankee candles for DH to give to a couple of his helpers at work and some stocking items)
Fri., Dh took another half day and we all spent the afternoon doing wood again. DH on the chain saw, DS using the maul on the really big ones and both of them stacking wood while I used the splitter. (they had to lift the really heavy ones for me so they both helped with the splitting a bit too) I am telling you, I can't believe how very, very heavy that oak is!!! After they split the big ones in half I still couldn't lift some of them!

So we did that until almost dark and came in to get ready for DS's concert. Actually, we ran downtown first to see S. and the rest of the ladies (Miss SW MI, Miss Teen SW MI, Miss Jr. Teen, and Princess). The downtown stores had live maniquins last night. It was so very cool!! We only had about ten minutes from the time they started until the time we had to leave for the concert so we checked out their window and practically ran down the street to see a few more. DH was not even able to park, there were so many people so he circled while my sister and I checked it out. I could not believe how many people there were!!! I tried to get a pic but it was hard through the window and I was rushing to see a few more windows. Blushing

Then we went to the concert which was really nice. Tay's group performed and then the Jazz Band. It was in the small theater so it is really up close and personal. There are 13 in DS's group and being the only sax, he had a lot of parts we could hear. The leader/instructor for the Jazz band was an employee of mine at Pizza Hut back in the eighties. Wow!! I am getting old. haha I did chat with him a bit after, such a nice guy!

Today will be more wood work. It is a bit wet from rain but we really want to finish this while we have the splitter. I think today will be the day. I am so sore already!!

So....Lizzy, how am I doing in the long post competition?? I haven't even commented on the other posts yet....hehehe
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1593 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:39:38 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Looks like I am all alone here... guess I will just keep rambling...

Lizzy, I am loving your posts, I really like you being around a lot and enjoy hearing what you are up to.
I am glad you are happy with your furniture and if you are anything like me, it will take some time to get it all together. (who am I kidding...I will probably never get to that point!)
Ok, that is weird, I just changed the font size somehow and it says it's still on the default size...hmmm...
Also, your wreath is lovely, you did well, waiting and finding something made that you could just dress up with the ribbon.
Did you move your bookshelves? It sounds like a good plan. Go ahead and let go of that piece you have in the hall that your not crazy about. I give you permission. Wink
I got a chuckle from your Sing-Sing comment. Around here, the "Big House" refers to Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.
I am glad you like the Scentsy scent, it was too sweet for me.
Good job getting the albums to the Make a Wish people, I am sure they will be much appreciated!

I am going to post this and see what's up with this font size and then continue....
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1594 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 8:10:28 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Ugh!! I forgot DS has tickets for a movie marathon today. He has been talking about this for weeks. All the Lord of the Rings movies in one day. And they are the extended version so there is stuff that wasn't in the other movies. It starts at 11 and goes until around midnight. I was tempted but just couldn't do it. That means it's just DH and I on the wood pile. Crying

OK, where was I...

Nancy!!!! Congrats on your weight loss!!!!! Great job!
How is Riley doing??? I bet that has put a cramp in his style!! Is he able to work? I am thinking not.

Laurie, I think today is your craft day? Hope it goes well and you have a blast!
Hey, I think I got that same wrapping paper. From J's? My nephew's b-day is in Dec. so I thought I could use that since it's winter but not Christmas.

Rhonda!! You already have a week in at your new job. Yippee!! I am so glad you are liking it and it is a good fit for you. I am really happy for you. BigGrin
A big congrats to Amber for being able to go to honors band camp. What a great experience that will be!!
Did you finish the desk calendar?
How nice to get the lighting in, did the get the part for the last one?
So...your girl's weekend is next week. I bet you are looking forward to that! Where do you go?

Carrie, I am glad you have your surgery scheduled. I know you have been wanting to do that for some time. Nothing like a little motivation to get things done, huh??? I hope this weekend is productive for you and you can just relax and heal after the procedure.
Have a good time at the baby shower, I am sure they will love the book, your work is so very nice!!

Ok, there has been lots of talk of getting trees up. Who has theirs up?? Pat, did you get your little one out?
I have not gotten out even one decoration. I think we will just put a pile of wood on the porch...hahahaha!
Lizzy Offline
#1595 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 3:23:19 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Saturday, friends. I have been sick, sick, sick since yesterday. Now, I have rejoined the land of the living.

It started around noon yesterday with a bit of lower intestine problems and got progressively worse as the day went on. Of course, it nixed, completely, the movie that DH and I were planning to go to. Mad I slept on and off, and didn't eat much of anything. What really surprised me was that I was running a fever, too. I slept some downstairs, but finally went to bed and actually ended up sleeping for about 15 hours. When I woke up, I had the most horrible headache I have ever had. It was all along the top half of my face. I dragged myself downstairs and took some ibuprofen and ate about a half piece of toast. Slowly, I am feeling better. I figure I'll be pretty OK by tomorrow. I had Terry get the tree out and if he can get it up for me, then I can decorate it next week while he is out of town.

I can't figure out where I got this virus: school on Wednesday? just being out a bit on Thursday? of course, Terry is mad at me that I didn't get a flu shot, but I don't think it's the flu although it is developing into a cough and some chest congestion. I certainly felt achy yesterday, but I told him that the flu is not a digestive issue.

Well, on to other things. Paula, I cannot believe how much wood you will have when you get finished with all this cutting and splitting. It's unbelievable! You are a real lumberjack!! Hey, depending on how you stack the wood, you can just decorate it!

Thanks for your permission, Paula, to get rid of that bookshelf thingy I don't like. I don't know how Terry will feel about it, but he usually goes along with me. If it works better, he'll be happy.

I'm so Tay's concert was enjoyable. And what a treat that his teacher was once an employee of yours at Pizza Hut! Small world, huh?

Well, I'm going to go....sorry this isn't as long as usual. Everyone take care.

Lizzy Offline
#1596 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 4:08:09 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Well, I am wrong....I just checked the flu.gov website and it says you can have digestive system issues when you have the flu. So, I think I do have the flu. Yeech! Shame on me for not getting a flu shot. Especially at my age.

We are waiting to hear about the Heisman Trophy Awards because a fellow from Texas A&M is one of the front-runners. (Terry went to Texas A&M)

Otherwise, no other news.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1597 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 8:36:39 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

THE WOOD IS SPLIT!!!! =D
We have a pile to stack or haul up the hill but all the rest is stacked. Now we just have to get the splitter back up the hill.

Lizzy, I am so sorry you have been sick. It does sound like the flu to me. I don't get the shot either but with you being exposed to all those germy kids, you should!

Tonight DH and I went to see the James Bond movie. I probably wouldn't have suggested it but I found some Miche bags for sale on the online garage sale and I had to go to Coloma for them. That just happens to be where there is a cheap movie theater. win -win :) I didn't expect to like the movie but it was good.
Lizzy Offline
#1598 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 1:08:57 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good very late evening, friends. I've been coughing up a lung today...yes, I have to agree with Paula...I think it's the flu, too. I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow, but I may have to take another sick day. As I said earlier, if Terry can just get the tree assembled, I can do the rest. However, before he can assemble the tree, we have to move some furniture around. Dang!

I haven't had much of an appetite...ate some soup and some yogurt. Drank plenty of fluids...water, water, water...I took ibuprofen to take care of the headache...but when it wore off, I felt chilly again, so I think I have a fever. I should take my temperature.

I haven't done much except sleep, eat a bit, and read.

Rhonda, I missed your post from this morning...and just read it now. I'm so glad you are liking your job! I, too, think landing a job right now is pretty fortunate, although I think you have the right set of skills and right set of recommendations and work ethics, so I'm not surprised. I hope you got your list done today!

I don't have any lists right now. Just get well.

Everyone take care. I'll check in tomorrow.
rm920 Offline
#1599 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 8:00:29 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Lizzy,getting the flu!!! How awful. I hope you can make a speedy recovery. Sounds like you have been feeling awful. Do take care. Sounds like you are doing all the right things. Maybe DH and go ahead and get the tree up AND move the furniture. Then you can decorate when you are feeling better. Do take care.

Paula,YEAH!!! the wood is all cut. Will you try to get the splitter up the hill today? Now you can really enjoy the fireplaces all winter! I would love to light one of my fireplaces but I have no idea how to set up a fire. Maybe someday I will learn. Glad you enjoyed the movie. Did you get a new bag?

Pat, hope today is not a 2 motrin day!

As for my list:

Put up treeThumpUp
Get cards signed and ready to mail on MondayThumpUp
Pick up some Christmas gifts that I had orderedThumpUp
Get groceriesThumpUp
LaundrySad

So I need to get busy on the L today. I am also going to try a craft project I saw on line. If it works, I will give it to my friend for Christmas.

I am almost finished with my holiday shopping. Still need to get Wade a gift certificate and get Amber's birthday gift - she turns 16 just before Christmas. I couldn't find what I wanted here so hopefully I will find it next weekend on the "Girls Annual December" trip to Kansas City!

So now I am off to get busy and try to get something done.
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1600 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 11:58:02 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Happy Sunday!

We are done! Done decorating both inside and out! Done shopping!

Now for my to-do list for tomorrow.
  • Get wrapping paper
    Wrap presents
    Office work
    Payroll
    Clean house (Yuk)
    Get wreath form for deco mesh wreath
    Gluten free cookies?

Jenna is coming tonight to get the SUV so we can get her moved. So that needs to be added to the list for tonight.

Lizzy I am so sorry you are sick. Try some Zicam and Ecchinacea tea. Both will help boost your immune system and rid you of the virus. Mucinex is also good if you have a lot of mucus. OH and most importantly, double up on the Vitamin C. I sure hope this doesn't last long. Take care and get well.

Rhonda good going on the list! You can do a fire; it's simple. Start with newspaper and smaller sticks. Then add gradually larger logs as the fire gets going. Good luck and stay warm. We had dinner last night with friends who is presently working in Topeka. He says the closest hotel is 97 miles away and kept making jokes about clicking his heals. I said, hey I have friends who live in Kansas and I know it's not as bad as you say it is.

Paula good for getting all the wood split. Glad you liked the movie. I haven't been to one in ages and since I am somewhat disgusted with Hollywood I don't see myself going anytime soon.

Well I am going to Zumba this afternoon. I will miss that for a few weeks. Then I need to pick up my prescriptions.

Oh the big news: Jim and I went and got our Christmas present to each other last night. We ended up with a smart tv. It is awesome. I can watch netflix directly on it or play Angry Birds and the picture quality is outstanding.

Well all good! Have a wonderful super terrific day. And feel better.
rm920 Offline
#1601 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:11:34 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good afternoon...

Carrie, you are making great progress on your to do lists! Hope you get the wrapping done so you can just concentrate on relaxing after your surgery. Thanks for the tips on making a fire. I need to look into getting some firewood! Hope DD's move goes smoothly. I got a chuckle about your friends comment about Topeka and Kansas. I hope it doesn't seem as bad as he makes it out to be!

I have finished my list for this weekend! Laundry is completed. And I finished the craft project I wanted to try. Not sure if I want to add more to it or not, but at least I gave it a try! Here is it. Let me know what you think - should I add something to it???

File Attachment(s):
100_0406.JPG (1,006kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
imnchghere Offline
#1602 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 9:56:27 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Sunday evening hellos to everyone. This has been a very busy weekend and I am whipped. I have some clothes in the dryer and as soon as I can get them out I am heading to bed.

Today Jim & I went shopping. We didn't get to the landfill/recycle like we had planned but went shopping instead. I made a major dent in my list and just have a couple things to order on line. I think Christmas will be at my house on the 24th. I am going with finger foods and small dessert items. I will put up a few more decorations since there will be people to see them. Not a lot, but a few of the special ones. Eldest daughter's sister-in-law and dh will be joining us as well. Going to be a big crowd (maybe 15) Going to be rather hectic. I am sure it will be too much to ask for beautiful weather.

Carrie, so glad you got the decorations up and everything is under control. Jenn must be so excited to be moving into her new home.
I saw an ad for the smart tv and thought how cool that would be. Of course as un techy as I am, I would be a while figuring it out.
Lizzy, I am sorry you have gotten the flu. I hope you feel better soon.
Paula, that was a lot of firewood to cut/split, but I am sure you will be happy this winter. I am glad to not have to mess with wood anymore.
Rhonda, I love your tree. I think it looks nice plain, and I was trying to think of what I might add to it, but couldn't think of anything. SU has a shimmering mist stuff you spray on that I ordered for my ornaments. That would be nice.

Tomorrow I am going to scrap at a friends for a few hours. It is a monthly get together and will be the last one until mid January. I am going to finish up the last couple ornaments.

Well, the dryer has gone off and I am going to head to bed.

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1603 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:55:33 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Yesterday was busy! We went to early church to hear DS play music. Him and two trumpet players were in a balcony over the gathering area and played before the service.
Then he had a concert with the SW MI Concert Band. From there we ran to the high school where DH dropped me off so I could catch the end of the Teen Blossomtime Pagaent that my friend's daughter was in. She made top five, which I think is really good, she was one of the youngest in the group, her first time there.
After that we grabbed a bite to eat. DH was then off to the church musical program. I was going to go but didn't want to go out again in the cold and rain. Blushing Then DH had hockey but I didn't go to that either.

Rhonda, that project looks like a lot of scoring and folding!!! I agree with Pat, I tried to think of what you could add and came up with nothing. I think her idea of glitter mist would add a nice touch.
Just follow the tips Carrie gave you for a fire and you will not have a problem. It's easy, really. (if all else fails...add more paper!!)
Are you getting excited for the weekend?? :)

Pat, I hope you have a great time today crafting with friends!
How nice that you will be having your family in for Christmas. Finger foods sound like a good plan.
We actually have enough wood for ten years!! I am sure we will be sharing. Some of it (the tree that fell and crushed the bridge) is willow, the stuff we have been working so hard on is oak from a huge tree that fell in our neighbor's yard last year. She had a tree crew come and finish cutting it up and they hauled around ten feet lengths of it to our back yard and made a pile with a fork lift thing. The oak is so heaven and dense the splitter has been just the ticket!

Lizzy, I hope you are feeling better today. Bummer to get sidetracked with that!

Carrie, great job on getting the decorating and shopping done!!!! Hope you made some progress on the wrapping. Is Jen getting moved in?

Nancy, how are things for you? How is Riley doing?

I am going to work around here a bit today. Do a load of L and maybe dig out some decorations. Tonight DS, my sister and I are driving almost three hours to see my nephew direct his first concert. My sister wasn't going to go but DS really wanted to go because it is really a big deal to DN. So, they planned to go and I am tagging along. Normally my sister and BIL don't miss anything their kids do but they already had a party booked when he told them the date. It's small enough that BIL can do it himself so off we go. They are predicting snow today but if it comes it will be a small amount. It's hard to believe we don't have snow yet.
Lizzy Offline
#1604 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 11:14:12 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends. Yes, indeed, I am still sick. I do believe it is the flu. Carrie, as much as I believe you about the benefits of zinc, I have tried it and it makes me gag. I am, however, doing the other things. I am resting, sleeping, drinking lots of fluids, and doing absolutely nothing else. My head is less stuffed up and I think my fever broke sometime last night because I woke up in a huge sweat.

Terry did get the tree up so when I feel better I can decorate it. I have my work cut out for me when I feel better. Until then, I'm just taking it easy and reading.

Rhonda, that tree is beautiful! I honestly can't think of adding anything. If getting that glittery spray is a hassle, then I'd skip it. I think it's just gorgeous! Did you see it on Pinterest or somewhere else? I love the papers you used.

Pat, you will have a full house on Christmas Eve! But, it will be fun and a definite memory maker for the family. You for fortunate to have a large family.

Yes, Nancy, how is Riley's shoulder?

Rhonda, I'll share a couple of mistakes we've made with building fires that you probably won't make, but I might as well share them anyway. You'll get a good chuckle out of them. Make sure you open the flue and make sure the wood you are going to use is nice and dry. If it's still wet or "green" your fire won't burn well. When the wood is wet, we call it "boiling the wood."

Well, friends, I'm going to sign off and rest awhile.

Lizzy Offline
#1605 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 11:15:24 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

So now we are back to the security image. Grrrrr.....it took me twice!
Nancycs Offline
#1606 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 12:39:02 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!!

Lizzy sorry about the flu. I hope you get back to your old self soon. I just got my flu shot about 2 weeks ago. I don't see the security image. I hope it is not back.

RHonda I am glad you are liking your job. I like your tree too. I agree with Pat about he glitter mist spray or something similar. WIth the colors you wouldn't want to overdo the bling factor.

Paula I bet you are glad to have all that wood done. I don't think I could have sat through 3 movies over such a long period. Maybe at home but not in the theatre.

Carrie a smart TV...how awesome! I bet you will love that gift!

Pat I sure hope you get great weather for your Christmas get together. I just always hope for good traveling weather. I hope you are having fun scrapping right now!! I got your card today. I love it! I always love the embossed cards!

Thanks for asking about Riley. He is doing well. He was sore the first couple of days but he is doing well now. He is just about ready to leave for his follow up appointment. We will see what the DR. says.

I haven't even thought about Christmas cards yet. I will be lucky if I get out pre-made ones this year.

I really need to start wrapping gifts, figure out some better for you treats for Christmas, get to Bounce World to get gift certificates for daycare kids, get Riley's clothes sprayed with mosquito repellant stuff made for clothes for his trip, do a sample ornament for the little ones to make their parents so I know it will work, make some stars for the weight watchers ladies to put our bravo weight loss stickers on, I know there is more but I don't remember.

It is hard because I can usually do some of this stuff at rest time but not with the baby. He has started taking longer naps but it is hard to start when he may not take a long nap that day.

Well he is still sleeping so I better get started on something.BigGrin

Lizzy Offline
#1607 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 1:31:10 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...today I went out and bought some OTC cough medicine and OTC nasal spray and salt water spray. I know the nasal spray is to be used sparingly, so I will be careful with it. The cough medicine has been wonderful because the coughing was about to kill me. Now, I'm not coughing so much which is a blessing in and of itself. I was about to cough up one of my lungs. I've still got a fever, though. No telling when that will end. But, generally, without the terrible coughing, I'm feeling better. Bit by bit.

Maybe tomorrow, I can do a bit of purging in the bonus room again. No telling.

I overdosed on HGTV today. I got so annoyed with a woman on a show I could have reached through the screen and smacked her. She was an environmentalist and didn't like anything like marble or granite in the house...on the counters. She wanted her kitchen remodeled, but the remodeler had to REUSE her cabinets instead of throwing them out and getting her new ones. Of course, she DIDN'T TELL the person that until AFTER they had started the work. Can you tell I've been watching TOO much TV?

Well, I'm going to sign off here. I just thought I'd let you know I hadn't faded away!
rm920 Offline
#1608 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 6:04:15 AM(UTC)
rm920

Lizzy, sure hope you can kick that bug to the corner real soon. Glad you were able to get something that helps with the cough. Maybe that little step will help you get back on the recovery road. I do understand about tv overload. I too get real upset with some of the people on those shows.

Nancy, glad to hear Riley is getting through everything. I'll bet Carter is getting real excited about his trip. Hope things settle down for you real soon.

Carrie, will be thinking of you today.

Another quiet night for me last night. Tonight I may try to get the gifts wrapped. Then I can say I am finished except for a gift card and Amber's birthday present!
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1609 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:18:55 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!!

Hey! There are three of us signed in at one time!

We got home around 11 last night. Didn't hit bad roads until about twenty minutes from home and they weren't too bad. We did see one car sideways on the highway. My sister drove there, DS drove home, I sat in the back and watched movies. I am really glad we went. DN was so excited and pleased to be doing this concert. He is really loving teaching which is great. (he is in a long term sub job which should end this month) The concert was in the HS and it was huge!! The auditorium had two layers of balconies! He had the 5th - 8th grad kids, with all of them being on the stage for the final song. Almost 200 kids!!! He did great and the choirs were really good.

So...Lizzy, sorry you are still feeling so crummy! I am glad the cough medicine is helping. Keep drinking lots of water!

Today is monster house. We decided to go in a bit later today. She is gone most of the day on Tuesday and doing it with DS we can go in late and still get done much earlier than I would.

I think DS and I are baking cookies with Cathy tonight. (tonight or tomorrow)

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Edited by user Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:19:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1610 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 7:28:11 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Hey Lizzy Feeling better yet? Who said anything about Zinc? I would take that crap either. Yuck! When I am stuck around the house these days I watch the Hallmark channel.

Rhonda my surgery is tomorrow. You are moving along on Christmas too.

Nancy I sure hope the baby gets to sleeping better. There are thousands of ornament ideas on Pinterest if you need one.

Paula hope the concert was fun. Time to get the decorating done. Just saying. LOL

Pat you sure are busy these days. I thought with all the purging there would be nothing to clean or take care of. The tv is really easy. We won't use the app part of it much, except for Netflix. The picture quality is striking. Did you get your ornaments finished?

Well I have got to get Office stuff done today. Major priority here. I also need to get to Hobby Lobby for more deco mesh. I am making a Steelers wreath as a thank you gift and then another wreath for Jen for her front door. I even put deco mesh on the Christmas tree. Tonight I have to start my antibiotics and Hibocleans Showers. I really can't believe I am doing this.

Lizzy Offline
#1611 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:16:37 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends...I'm feeling better today. No fever but my cough is still here. The cold has settled in my chest, which is usual for me. Assuming tomorrow I feel even better, I imagine all I'll have to deal with is the cough and make sure it doesn't hang on too long before I drag my carcass to the doctor.

Of course, I didn't do much of anything today except watch TV and read. I finished one book but didn't start the next one. I watched some DVD's that I've been intending to watch for a long time. So, I got those watched. I'm kinda waiting now for Parenthood to come on...I know it's going to be emotional tonight.

Good luck tomorrow, Carrie...we'll all be thinking about you. Will you come home by the early evening? I know you said the surgery was scheduled for 12:12 pm on 12/12/12!

I am hoping that tomorrow I can contact my neighborhood fellow who went away to college and see if he is home for the holidays and if he would be willing/interested in coming over and earning some extra money by doing some moving/hauling for me. If so, I may have him come over and move/haul books/trash/desk/file cabinet from the bonus room downstairs sometime in the next several days. That would be fabulous.

Well, I'm going to go take come cough medicine, scrounge around for a popsicle, get some water to drink, and generally stretch my legs. Everyone take care.

rm920 Offline
#1612 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 5:54:45 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Carrie, I was thinking yesterday was Wednesday! So I will send more positive thoughts your way today.

Lizzy, glad you are improving, a little bit at a time. I am glad to hear you will go to Dr. if things do not continue on the road to improvement. No sense letting it drag on and on and on... At least you are getting caught up on your video watching and some reading!

Paula, hope you and DS sailed though monster house. Did you end up making cookies last night?

Nancy, hope you can slow down soon. I also need to get busy on my gift wrapping. I should have done that last night, but didn't. Maybe tonight.

Pat, what have you been up to?
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1613 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:23:56 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Carrie, thinking of you today. Hope all goes well and your on your way to recovery and healing. You have worked hard to be ready so now just relax and let your body do it's amazing work.

Lizzy, glad you are feeling a bit better. I do hope that cough lets up. Sounds like you are resting. Great idea to get the neighbor kid over there. My decorator friend does that a lot. It's a win-win situation!!

Rhonda, hope your work day goes well! :)

Pat, you must be busy getting ready for company.

Today is craft day. I wanted to have a card plan and purchased paper by now but I didn't. Blushing I can't remember how Deb and I left it for today...hmmm... I did tell monster house I would do extra cleaning next week on Wed. (basement and way upstairs) so this will be our last day for awhile. (we usually break during school break)
So I should pick up a bit and get dressed.

Yes, we did bake cookies last night...lots of cookies. It was fun!
imnchghere Offline
#1614 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:38:54 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning..
Carrie, I will be keeping you in my thoughts today. Wub

Lizzy, I hope you continue to feel better. The flu can be so nasty.

Yesterday was a very busy day for me with society business. I had to get the newsletter distributed and it just took up more of my time than I had anticipated. It should have gone out a month ago (at least 3 weeks), but for some reason the editor didn't have it ready. Water under the bridge now and I have moved on.

I managed to get the last ornament completed and just need to get them in the mail. Problem there was a box to ship them in. Now I need to work on wrapping. I still have a few gifts to buy also, but I am pretty much through. We will be getting together on the 24th.

I need to get to the PO. Then I am going to make sure I have everything to bake my Mom's cookies. It is the only one I am making since I have so many from the cookie exchange. Maybe I can get some wrapping done today.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1615 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:51:09 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

By the way Pat, we did make Russian Tea Cookies last night. Drool
And I received your Christmas card, very nice! :) Thanks!
Lizzy Offline
#1616 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 6:25:41 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Wednesday evening friends! We are awaiting a big weather change of a winter storm which will bring us wind and rain with snow to the mountains. So far, all it's been today has been overcast, cool, and that's it. I've laid low all day not having slept well last night. The coughing kept me up way too much. Tonight, I'm taking the cough syrup upstairs with me in case I need to reload during the night.

I talked to Terry and he apparently has kicked the sickness with zinc. He was singing its praises. I think he didn't get sick because he had the flu shot and he says he shouldn't have gotten sick at all since he had the flu shot so it's ALL the zinc. No matter! I'm just glad he didn't get real sick.

I had no fever again today, so I went to Panera to get some food. By the time I got there, my mind was cloudy and I was shaking. I nearly started crying which clearly tells me I shouldn't me allowed out of the house alone.

I've gotten addicted to an HGC called "LOve It or Leave It." I'd like to see what they could do to my house! But that wouldn't change the fact that it's too big for us! LOL

I was working a bit on my plans for the science unit last night...I remembered I had to find a couple of videos from Discovery Science so I looked for those last night. I found one but then had trouble saving it (?). Finally, this morning, I think I got it saved. (I was just trying to save it onto my own account on line.) I still need to find a second video.

I am continuing my mega-DVD extravaganza. I've got a stack left to watch. Terry gets home tomorrow, but he will be gone again next week. Hopefully by then, I won't be vegging out this way...but then the girls and I might want to watch some of these.

I never did call my neighborhood fellow, though. Hmmmm......I may do that yet tonight. It's dark at midnight out right now, yet it's only 5:25. Pretty close to the winter solstice, here.

Paula, what are Russian tea cookies? Please describe!

Rhonda, did you get your gifts wrapped?

Anyone else get anything done?
imnchghere Offline
#1617 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:11:49 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening all.. I am not sure where today went, but it did it without me. I got very little done.
Lizzy, it sounded like you were doing a bit better (no fever), but apparently not enough to be out and about. Do take it easy.
Russian tea cakes are also called Mexican wedding cookies. They are the little round balls coated in powdered sugar. Sometimes they have nuts and sometimes not. I always call them my Mom's cookies because she always made them. I think I might have done that recipe in our challenge cookbook page swap. If we have no other cookies for Christmas, we have to have them. The grands call them Great-grandma's cookies. And now you know. BigGrin

We are having our family get together on the 24th. We will do finger type foods and very casual. I bought Christmas Scrabble last year and we are also going to play Christmas Bingo. Maybe the weather will be nice enough that we can walk around the development and see the decorations. Not likely, but one never knows and we can hope.

Well, I had turned on my hot glue gun and forgot. I was going to finish up the last ornament, which is for my cousin. But I want to go to bed early tonight. I guess I will pull the plug and finish it tomorrow.
Hope everyone had a good day.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1618 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:58:47 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

wow....where is everyone???

Thanks Pat, for explaining the cookies to Lizzy. Yes, that is the recipe you put in our cookbook. I loved that you make a copy of the original recipe for the page. :)

Lizzy, I sure hope today finds you doing a bit better. You sure are having a rough time of it!!
We don't get HGTV at our house. Crying I love watching those shows, if we had it I would probably not get anything done.
Did Terry make it home today? I am glad he will be home for a little bit at least.

Yesterday I finally came up with a design for my Christmas cards. I will only do a few.

After S. got out of work today we went to a little town about 20 minutes away to go to a resale shop. Tay's friend's mom owns it (the one who rode to the concert with us last week). I told her we would come by. S. got a blouse and two sweaters, I didn't find anything (or maybe I just didn't want to by fat clothes). Then we went out for pizza. (OH, that's kind of funny isn't it??? haha)
I got home just in time for the guys to take off to hockey. DS is going to the midnight showing of The Hobbit with friends tonight too.
rm920 Offline
#1619 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 6:01:42 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning...

Looks like everyone is very busy this time of year.

Pat, I have had those cookies before and they are YUMMY! Hope you can get some time to rest before your family get together on the 24th. You have been so busy.

Paula, you have been busy as well. Hope DS enjoyed his late night showing.

Lizzy, I hope you get to feeling better real soon. You have really been fighting this. Glad you were able to make it home safely. Have you been able to call you neighbor to get the items out of your way?
imnchghere Offline
#1620 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 7:26:19 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Friday morning... Frosty one here.. it was 28 when I got up.

I was up late last night trying to catch some meteor activity. I did see a few, but it was hard. Since we are in a metro area, our skies are not as dark as they need to be. It was fun though to try to catch a few.

This morning I need to find a small box to send a few things to CA. Then it is off to the PO. I think I can use the self serve kiosk, so it will be a quick trip. I have confirmation that all my on line shopping orders will be here by Tuesday. Going to finish wrapping what I have today. Jim & I are going to brave the forces tomorrow and hopefully get the last few items with no problem. I mainly need gift cards. Our family gathering is the 24th.
While we are out, we are going to look at furniture. New dining table and also a sofa for the LR. Not in time for the holidays obviously, but they are something we are going to need.

So how is everyone else doing? It has been quiet here, but understandably so. I keep de-cluttering when possible and I also have donation p/u scheduled for the 19th. That includes a big box full and several bags. Plan is to add to it if I can, right up to the last minute.

Lizzy, I hope you are seeing improvement. How are you doing on all the programs or whatever it was you were watching. That reminds me I want to go to go through my VHS movies and transfer them to DVD's. I have a machine that does it and I do have a few movies I would like to transfer. Then I can get rid of the VHS versions.

Rhonda, how the new job going? I am sure you are catching on quickly, but it is still *new*. Have you done any research lately? As soon as the holidays are over, I am going to try to get to CA and get my hands on the pictures at my Mom's. Plan is to go to a records office while I am there also for some follow up info and maybe even the State archives.

Going to get busy here and not waste the day. I think Jim will be home early, but not sure exactly when.