Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1213141516>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#391 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:40:35 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1280 time(s) in 995 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DebbieScraps Go to Quoted Post
Well I took Jet to meet Romulus for the first time last night, Jet does not like other dogs, he is scared of them especially since he was attacked by a bigger dog in the park when he was a pup. I thought that with Romulus being a young pup and much smaller than Jet that he would be fine but Jet did not like Romulus at all Crying Mad Romulus just wanted to play and Jet kept running away from him!!! I am taking Jet back there again tonight to give it another go, he is just going to have to get use to him, Romulus is here to stay and they will have a lot of time together!

When we got Max we had a older dog named Annie and Max would want to jump on her and play and Annie didn't want to have anything to do with him ever !!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#392 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:45:38 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: NJsharon Go to Quoted Post
Ooh getting staples out, or stitches out of a lip sounds painful to me! Making me cringe just listening to that!

I signed up for a weight loss/fitness challenge at my gym/health club today. Starts Jan 7th & should force me to exercise more often & hopefully lose some weight! You have to complete 3 challenges a week, so should be pretty hard work trying to fit in that many things. But I will do it!

Sandra, I love Amazing Race!

Sharon.. good luck with the challange...
lv2scrap02 Offline
#393 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 4:47:10 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Busy day tommorrow Bowling in the am and getting hair touched up and maybe cut...

Sharon we usually go about the same time although I really pushed it up a week..

Well hoping everyone has a good night/day
NJsharon Offline
#394 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:06:47 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 402 time(s) in 241 post(s)
Yep, I get my hair touched up with the color & trimmed next wednesday. Just in time for Christmas, which will be nice.

Do you all give your hairdresser a Christmas gift? Thinking just to leave an extra $20 on the tip?

Kids were off the wall again today!! I think it must just be the holidays all coming up. Also they aren't getting to play outside every day now as it has been damp & that makes a difference.

Getting observed in our class by the principal tomorrow. Should be interesting. Of course I am sure they will be on their best behavior as we will have someone different in the classroom!

Looking forward to my crop on saturday, even though I have no idea what I will be working on!
JeanneLee Offline
#395 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2012 5:40:26 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Its great to catch up on all the *latest* happening with you all!

I have been busy with Doctors appts...that is what happens when you neglect your health!
Mammo done-normal, labs done-not normal, but working on them, heart scan-because of the labs not normal- passed and fine! Working on my blood sugar...AC1- not so good.
Have to go for another test after the new year...one of the things you have to do after age 50!
OH JOY!

Still getting letters from DS, he is hanging in there at boot camp. The weather in SC has been a lot nicer. So glad he doesn't have to run in hot weather. Five weeks in...eight more to go.

Have a great evening everyone. BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#396 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 9:52:25 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1445 time(s) in 1151 post(s)
Hi.

Nancy, you are so organized! I am a saver. Sometimes it would be nice to be a "cleaner" like you are!

JeanneLee, glad you are getting mail from DS and that things are going well for him. Is there a certain direction he would like to head in the Marines?

Yes, it is like having a toddler around with Jeffie. I can't wait till Jill gets here! But even after that we still have a month with him - two more weeks here and two weeks at Jill's house.

Sharon, a friend of ours is an elementary teacher, and she said her students are boucing off the walls. Even Meg said her high schoolers are loosing focus.

Megan was doing the distance thing in her lesson, like two trains leave the station at the same time going two different directions, and so on. But here was her example: Santa and Rudolph leave the North Pole at the same time, going two different directions . . . . . She is so creative!

Funeral this afternoon, then hope to do some shopping. I have my Costo list ready.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 12/13/2012(UTC)
AlyaMama Offline
#397 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 11:06:20 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello-

Joy glad you had a good birthday. Sad you have so many funerals to attend. I can't wait to see the invites. I bet they are great.

Sonya I loved the cards you made on your blog. I tried to comment on your blog the other day, but parts of it were in Arabic (where I needed to sign in on google) not a problem with your blog. I just have to ask Jamal to tell which squiggly letters are English. Arabic looks like squiggly lines to me.

Nancy that's sweet you're going to teach Abigail how to knit. Right now Layla just tries to eat the paper on the floor.

My freind came over an we crafted a bit, it was nice. She's doing lots of winter stuff so she can keep it up all winter.

Tomorrow nothing going on, I'm making some paper gingerbread houses for a brunch I'm going to on Tuesday.

Off to keep crafting away.

Angie
SandraB. Offline
#398 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2012 7:41:56 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 268 time(s) in 227 post(s)
Hi everyone;
Yesterday and today I wasn't able to log in on the home page. Sent a note to provo-craft telling them about this, hopefully they can figure out what's wrong. Just now I discovered I could read the chats and then tried logging in from there and it worked.Confused! My refurbished Cricut arrived yesterday, now it goes under the tree until Christmas. The cats are having a great time with the box that it was delivered in...their new cat house I guess. I'm supposed to be getting my van back tonite, just waiting for the guy to call that it's ready.BigGrin

Joy: glad you've been able to get some cards done...sorry they had to be funeral cards

Nancy: I've been getting rid of boxes of stuff too, and still seem to have lots of stuff aroundLOL!

Angie: sounds like you've been having fun crafting too

Sharon: good luck with your Fitness Challenge as well as your classroom observation. Our elementary kids had their Christmas concert today...one performance this afternoon and one tonite. The junior highs were allowed to come to the afternoon show, so I got to see my grade 4's perform. Have fun at your crop, I don't have any now until after Christmas

Debbie: hope the dogs start to take a liking to each other soon. We've got ice on the ponds around here not flowers, LOL

JeanneLee: glad you are able to keep in touch with your ds.

Better go, almost done my cards...just getting the insides done now.

Take care everyone
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 12/13/2012(UTC)
DebbieScraps Offline
#399 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:00:15 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Sandra, next time the pool is covered in flowers I will remind myself to be grateful it is not ice LOL LOL LOL

We are having the weirdest weather, we have had a few downpours, thunder and lightning. It does not rain here in December, never mind storm!!! We are grateful for the rain as everywhere is so dry but then it makes it so humid which is not pleasant. Apparently it is once in 100 years weather LOL

Each time Jet sees Romulus he gets a bit better but he is still not happy about him and still a bit scared of him as he is so boisterous. Hope that it will continue to get better but at the rate that we are going it is going to be a loooooong process!
Flo Offline
#400 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:14:08 AM(UTC)
Flo

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Hi everyone I'm from New Zealand so we are having some nice sunny days as we are coming into summer. Had a head injury last week so have been off work and had more time to do my videos. I am doing videos on the cricuts to go with books that are out. if you are interested in the cricut ebooks they are on my flos-a-scrapin blog.
NJsharon Offline
#401 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:45:28 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Hello Flo & welcome to the chat thread! Enjoy that nice weather & hope you make a full recovery soon.

Kids were angels for the observation, of course. Then the moment the principal leaves they were bouncing around! Ugh.

We have a winter social this morning at school. So leaving early so I can pick up donuts for the party to contribute. I won't be eating any of them, but I know they will go down well.

Still a little sick. Just get rid of one cold & get an even nastier one. Stuffed nose, that I keep having to blow, sore throat, slight headache. Ugh!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#402 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:56:49 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi Flo! Welcome.

It is certainly not warm here. No snow, but there is frost on the lawn.

Jordan and Kate gave us the newest Trans-Siberian Orchestra CD - Night Castle. I have it playing in the background.

Sandra, did you get your van? Glad the cats are having fun with their new "toy." Laugh

Some tried to sneak under the tree last night to get to the presents so he could open one. Nick is the reason we put bells on the bottom of the Christmas tree. Flo, Nick is our dog. He LOVES to open presents.

Another funeral today. I am singing at this one.

After yesterday's funeral, we did a tiny bit of shopping. I got new shoes for Kate's wedding! There a beautiful shiny patent red/wine pair of pumps. I may wear a dress I already own.

Just had to go on a Jeffie run outside. And it is COLD. He takes things outside when he knows he will get inn trouble in the house with them. And then looks at you like "I dare you to try and get it." Oh boy, what a dog.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#403 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:57:59 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

So any of you ever remember seeing Grinch Pills on the boards? I am making some! I even make the little cardstock case with my G, and it worked!!!
NJsharon Offline
#404 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:35:15 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, can you post a picture and/or directions for the Grinch pills? I have a teacher at work that is a grinch. LOL She doesn't like Christmas & makes it known! So would be funny to make her some! So post pics & instructions soon! LOL

I am doing okay, but tired & this cold is kicking my butt! My student was out again today, so was in another class, but not that bad a class, so was okay.

JeanneLee Offline
#405 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:30:04 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
Hi.

JeanneLee, glad you are getting mail from DS and that things are going well for him. Is there a certain direction he would like to head in the Marines?

Joy, He is going into the Infantry...communications(Radio guy??). I will find out more at graduation. He got a bonus for signing for that. He gets it after he completes his training down the road.

JeanneLee Offline
#406 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:41:28 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Sandra, I had the same trouble yesterday and last night...couldn't get on.
No problems this evening. Cool you got an *extra* machine!?
Hope you can share your cards when you are done.

Angie
, its wonderful to see that you have a friend to craft with!!

Hi Flo, nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about your injury. Videos?? You Tube videos??

Sharon
, hope you feel better soon.

Joy, Trans-Siberian Orchestra would be neat to see in person...but their tickets are so high. DS wants to see them, but we decided against it.
The Grinch pills sound fun. I would like those directions as well.

Hi Nancy, hope you are getting a breather in when Abigail is napping!

Cold here tonight...I am bundled in my shaw!

JeanneLee Offline
#407 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:47:12 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Here is what I found for those Grinch Pills-

Grinch Pills

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:59:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked JeanneLee for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 12/14/2012(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#408 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:09:49 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: JeanneLee Go to Quoted Post
Here is what I found for those Grinch Pills-

Grinch Pills

Thank you, those are so darn cute. Now if I can pick up some green tic tacs before saturday then I could try to make these for the teacher & put them in her mailbox on monday! LOL

Hmmm, did you figure out a way to print the template or grinch saying the correct size? I am not that good with the computer or printer & cannot see how to change the size of it!

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:13:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NJsharon Offline
#409 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 4:23:38 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Okay, found this site that has the grinch saying the right size. I just printed off Page 1 & it came out the correct size for the tic tacs (I happen to have some tic tacs sitting around!).

http://thespeechladies.b...011/12/grinch-pills.html

1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 12/17/2012(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#410 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:57:29 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hey everyone;
Got a response from Cricut today and they appeared to have gotten all my issues sorted out...I was able to log in from the home page tonite.

Joy: yes, we got my van back around 9:00 last nite. Everything works great and they did a great job with the bodywork. How did you manage to make the Grinch pill case with your G?

Sharon & JeanneLee: thanks for the posts for the Grinch Pills. I think I might try to make some for stocking stuffers

Flo: nice to have you join us. Sorry about your injury, hope everything goes ok for you. Feel free to join us whenever you like. I'm in Canada so we are enjoying winter here now.

Managed to get a bit of Christmas shopping done today. Might try to do more on Sun.

Bye for now, off to watch the X Factor.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#411 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 9:51:58 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

The dogs are playing, and driving me nuts. It is OK as long as Nick is laying down. If he is standing, Jeffie will knock Nick down, which is not good as Nick as pretty bad arthritis in his shoulder. But Nick can put Jeffie in his place. Nick will snap and Jeffie will run.

Yes, JeanneLee and Sharon, those are what I made.

Sandra, I measured the TicTac box and used George and welded the shapes and put in a little oval for the ribbon and just kept cutting with cheap cardstock until I got it to fit the way I wanted. I used a rounded corner rectangle. I found an SVG file and looked at the shape, then used my G. I had already downloaded a jpg of the Grinch and poem, and used Publisher and kept printing it in draft mode until I got it to fit the way I wanted, then printed it on cardstock. Then saved everything! Sometimes I forget to do that. Blushing

I gave one to the lady whose mom died and we went to the funeral yesterday. She smiled. I knew that she would need a day brightener. This is TMI, but she had told me that they were burying her mother in a purple bra. So, in honor of that, I wore a fushia colored one. She laughed when I showed her the strap. BigGrin

Finally, a day at home. I need it. I think I only have a tiny bit of shopping left - just a stocking stuffer for DH. And right before Christmas, I will download a few books for my mom to her Kindle, then have her unwrap a note that says what I did. She will never notice beforehand that they are there as she has no idea how to open a new book. She can just read what is open.

PedalPower Offline
#412 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 10:11:48 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi girls...been busy scrapbooking, making cookies for a cookie swap and that vanilla chex mix stuf (we call it Christmas Crack) today. Taking a break to go have lunch with a friend. My son had his music program at school last night. The kids did well. It's funny, the little kids love to sing, but the older they grades got, the worse they sounded. LOL I guess that's puberty for you!
Larmabee Offline
#413 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 1:03:47 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
Hello - Finally able to get back on the MB - I haven't been able to sign on in about a week Glare .
The weather has been CRAZY cold this week. We don't usually get this cold until January. Monday and Tuesday morning it was -39 with the wind chill! (-38 for most of you)! One more degree and the school would have been closed for the morning.
I have been busy making post it note holders. I've had orders to make 12 this week. Good thing I like doing this sort of thing!
I haven't caught up with all your posts yet - I will get to that.
Take care
Laura
AlyaMama Offline
#414 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 1:06:47 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello- I'm just hearing about the school shooting in Conneticut. It's so tragic. Makes me want to homeschool. Praying for the families.

Wow just wow. How could anyone do this?

NJsharon Offline
#415 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 3:34:53 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

I know Angie, I am in shock I think. So very sad & yes, makes me want to homeschool too. So sad.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#416 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 4:58:35 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: SandraB. Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone;
Got a response from Cricut today and they appeared to have gotten all my issues sorted out...I was able to log in from the home page tonite.

Joy: yes, we got my van back around 9:00 last nite. Everything works great and they did a great job with the bodywork. How did you manage to make the Grinch pill case with your G?

Sharon & JeanneLee: thanks for the posts for the Grinch Pills. I think I might try to make some for stocking stuffers

Flo: nice to have you join us. Sorry about your injury, hope everything goes ok for you. Feel free to join us whenever you like. I'm in Canada so we are enjoying winter here now.

Managed to get a bit of Christmas shopping done today. Might try to do more on Sun.

I love the X-Factor I was voting for Tate Stevens I really hope he wins. I figured the other younger ones will probably have hugh careers ahead of them
lv2scrap02 Offline
#417 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 5:13:09 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

What a tragedy 20 yrs. old guy kills his mom (kindergarden teacher) then shoots the little children. 18 children killed I cried all day today so sad...

My little Abigail is back on track taking her naps thank goodness... LOL
The computer is in the Nursary that is why I am not on during the day.

Someday Angie when Abigail gets older I hope I can teach her knitting like my mom taught me. Patty never learned knitting because I was working I don't think I even taughter her!!

All my Christmas presents are wrapped. I was in the basement and found more story books for the baby I forgot I started shopping in the Summer for her!

they finally cleared our streets of all the trees and stumps what a mess.

Sat. early evening we were invited to a Christmas Open House from 2pm until 2am!

Then Sunday our MAKC (Koi Club) Christmas Lunchon

My Crafty friend came over yesterday it was nice to get caught up she showed me what she has been working on she does beauitful cards. Also does Micro Beading OMG!! you have to have some good eye sight for that. Then she frames them beautiful work

Jeannee.. hope all goes well with the tests...

Debbie... our weather seems to be mild right now the Koi are confused and have been coming up to the top of the pond.
Glad jet is getting along with the little one

Joy.. how are the invites coming?? Be sure to post them so we can see them

Sharon... the norm is whatever the cost of the touch up or the hair cut is to give them for a gift

My Colorest loves my hand made cards and she came right out and told me don't give me wine, candy or money, I would love a couple of your handmade cards.

So I made a card portfolio I put a christmas wreath on the front cut out branches with the MS Branch punch and put that on the front and added 6 all occassion cards on the inside.

The hair cutter I gave her the cost of what she charges for a hair cut

Hi Laura, Sandra, Flo and everyone who I missed

Have a good night/day

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 12/17/2012(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#418 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 8:19:58 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Busy day at school, then picked Troy up and got his new glasses, then we headed out to the shop that repaired our van to pay up the balance owing...but the guy we were to pay wasn't there. Oh well, will call him Mon. On the way home we stopped in at Winners and picked up a gift for our sil's family.

Nancy: I really haven't heard alot about the shooting...just bits and pieces. It really is a tragedy though. Truly unbelieveableCrying. I tried teaching both my girls to knit when they were younger with no luck. The oldest dd did pick it up on her own though just a few years ago as well as crocheting. She said she did it with the help of you tubeLOL! I hope Tate Stevens wins the X Factor also.

Joy: I'm going to try some of the Grinch pills holders hopefully this w/end, if I can find some tic tacs. Laura: I wasn't able to get on for a few days either...kept getting some sort of message, so I sent them a note and it was fixed the next day. congrats on the sales of your notepads

Sonja: Wow! you've been busy. I've been thinking of making some of that Chex Mix stuff also. We had our Christmas Concert at our school on Wed., nite...I guess it got rave reviews from the families.

Have to take the van back to the dealership tomorrow as they are going to replace the windshield on Mon. (this will hopefully fix the wind whistle coming from the side). They are giving me a loaner to use until it's done either Mon. evening or Tues. I'll be so glad when all this vehicle stuff is done!

Better run, I bought all the kids little waterbottles for their stockings and I'm going to put their initials and some bubbles on them...cut out of vinyl. Would like to get them done tonite.

Bye for now, take care everyone

DebbieScraps Offline
#419 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 4:32:12 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
What tragic news to hear of the school shooting, my thoughts and prayers go out to all the families, such a waste of beautiful young lives.

Had a really busy day today, went with DD and her two bridesmaids and DS (very surprised that DS decided to tag along) to look at a wedding venue and wedding dresses. The venue is perfect, just what she hoped for. Unfortunately DD's fiance is working offshore at the moment so he will only be able to see it at the end of January but I am sure that he will like it and give it the go ahead. If he does then the wedding will definitely be 14th September. DD found two dresses that she really liked but there is a huge difference in price between the two - it will be interesting to see which one she will finally decide on. I like both of them and am leaving the final choice to her. Most of the dresses that she tried on looked lovely. It was such a fun day but quite exhausting too.
PedalPower Offline
#420 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:09:03 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Debbie...so glad you are enjoying the excitement of your DD's special day. I remember dress shopping with my mom. It came down to 2 very different dresses. A full skirted, simple ivory dress and a slimfitted white dress with a detachable train and beadwork galore. I ended up going for the slimfitting dress. I loved it then, and I love it now. I'm sure your DD (and Joy's too!! will look beautiful. I can't wait to see all these wedding photos!