Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

nicci894040c3a10f Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:31:45 AM(UTC)
nicci894040c3a10f

Groups: Registered

My 3-yr old Cricut just won't cut anymore - and yes, I've tried resetting, new blades, everything; but it just doesn't cut correctly anymore.
I was in the middle of an order so just bought a new machine, but now need to address this issue with my original machine.
Has anyone had to send their machine in? what does it cost? Mine is not under warranty anymore so would it be cheaper to just get yet another machine?
any experiences with getting a Cricut repaired would be appreciated - thanks!BigGrin

Whimsy Place
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:43:45 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19135 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
PC doesn't offer a repair service. Some people have found sewing machine repair shops {since some of the internal workings are similar to an embroidery machine} that have repaired their Cricut. But with all the deals out this week on the various Cricut models, if you bought a new one, it would have a warranty.

If you haven't talked to PC, I'd call CS and troubleshoot with them. Maybe you need a firmware update. Huh

Edited by user Saturday, November 17, 2012 11:44:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

robinenedy5a8cd72f Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:50:15 PM(UTC)
robinenedy5a8cd72f

Groups: Registered

Sounds like we are in the same boat! My machine just died last night. I've had it 3 years but it has hardly been used. Since my daughter's wedding I've had more time and decided to get back into my Cricut. First time using it in months the screen goes blank and won't do a thing except the power button lights. Called support and rec'd no help at all just a "sorry we can't do anything". I am so bummed! I bought 12 new cartridges to get back into this and now If I decide to buy another machine I'm into it for $200- $250 more. I am seriously thinking of switching to one of the other cutting systems and selling all of these new and almost new cartridges on Ebay just to recoup at least some of my money. Anybody have any suggestions?