Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6566676869>»
housefullofrotties Offline
#1981 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 3:13:01 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi! I hope everyone is doing well!

Deb~Glad you have the majority of your baking and projects done. Good news about MIL. Hope you see continued improvement. Congrats again to DGS! Have fun tonight.

Renate~Way to go on your self control at the stamp sale! I agree on those special ones! Did the tree project happen?

Phyllis~Ugh to all that cleaning and laundry. Now that you mention it, I should throw in a load. I have been to the Dr in the past. They can keep trying different meds but then it's a matter of taking them forever. They're (mostly) from a head injury I got in a car accident many years ago and I was told I'd always have them....a diagnosis that wasn't wrong! Enjoy that down time when you get it! Have you managed to stay caught up on your orders?

Gramma~Glad your head is better but sorry to hear of the ears. Hope it's all out of your system soon. Happy kitchen time to you!

Pat~Did you get your errands done today? Good to see you have a date planned for your gathering.

Clare~Hope you've recooperated from the flu! Merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and yours.

The usual here. I've been lazy this week on the shower cards (and everything else) so need to get to work on them. Will spend a very few hours in the office tomorrow and then the much anticipated vacation can begin!! Have a nice evening!

Jess
RGK Offline
#1982 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 8:05:08 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good evening,
Jess, hope you have a good Friday and then 3 days off again! Sorry about those headaches, does anything help getting rid of them? Our tree is up and the lights are on it. That's as far as we got. I got my tubs with the ornaments out and need to pick a few, will do it on the weekend. I'm glad you don't know how many stamps I already have. I'm sure when 'A' gets their new ones in I will be tempted again. My name is on the list for the Tim H. Valentine 'Blueprint' stamps, I have the bigger ones and am waiting for the small ones in a kit. 'A' had them in a kit with paper pad and embellishments for Halloween and Christmas. They are beautiful. I hope they'll get the Valentine kit soon.
Phyllis, did you get the T.H. stamps too?-- I got a 30% Kohl's coupon too, after I did all my shopping there, figures. Did you find something good for yours? Are all your orders done and mailed? Those late orders are pretty inconsiderate, they did it to Pat at her store, Jess at SC and now to you....
Pat, glad you got your date for the family Christmas set. Please send some baking inspiration to me this weekend, I hope to get mine done this weekend too, haven't even started yet.
Gramma, what is it with your nasty visitors? Send them far away....Truffles....yummy.
Deb, congrats on the S.B. win! Wonderful news about MIL on the shrinking tumor. Is she feeling better? -- Are you done with the baking or was it just the first round? How are your plans for the getaway coming along?
Hello and Merry Christmas to you Claire.
Renate
#1983 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 1:36:38 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Cue the bells and whistles!! Have a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#1984 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 7:59:01 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Morning.....not a good one here since I am about sick...the sinuses are not playing nice in my head.....so with that I am going to call the drs office and see if I can get in after lunch, if not, will go to a doc in the box at 3...usually they are pretty good to get you in and out in a couple hours....can't sit around and wait.....sure don't want to cancel our plans next week.....
Left at 1/2 time last night....DGS's basketball game didn't start on time for some reason (schedule time was the same as other nights), it was about 7 when the game started.....DIL's mom/dad were due to leave for Savannah, GA yesterday but her mom got up with a stomach virus....sure hated they didn't get to go.......
Jess yea for you and vacation time....enjoy some time for 'you'.
Joanne are you home yet? Sending more hugs your way.....
Pat hope your plans for the family gathering will go as 'planned'.....our family time is the 23rd about 4pm....gifts, then eat.....
Renate hoping you get the tree finished this weekend....MIL is about the same.....
DGD is 18th today, sent her a text and she was headed to the dr, she is sick too....maybe she will get something to help her feel better....
Hello to everyone else that drops in, I need to get my coffee finished, call the dr and get dressed......later.....

Edited by user Friday, December 14, 2012 7:59:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Phyllis Offline
#1985 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 10:54:19 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello to everyone, Happy Friday.

Gramma, so sorry you have a new unwanted guest, hope he moves out quickly.

Pat, happy baking this weekend. I understand needing to get back to your decluttering, makes you feel good when its done. I have two more orders I'm working on today, they didn't request them in time for Christmas although they will get there anyway.

Claire, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too. Sorry you have been sick too, so much going around now, tis the season.

Jess, sorry you have to put up with those headaches. Hope you have some fun plans for your long weekend. Yes, I'm staying caught up on my orders but my housework is suffering.

Deb, sorry you are sick, hope the Dr can give you something to knock it in time for your trip.

Renate, sounds like you are fond of your stamps. I did not get any TH stamps, I have a lot of his. I did not buy anything with my 30% Kohls coupon yet, I went to a different store yesterday because it was close to Best Buy and didn't like it, it's smaller than the one closer to me and laid out so differently, I couldn't find anything. I will not lose it though, it's good til the 20th I think.

Well, I need to get busy, slept late and now the day is quickly slipping away.

Dbson Offline
#1986 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 1:37:15 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, still waiting to see what time I can head to see the doc....she said they were wrapped up and didn't get out til 11pm last night....oh my......thought I was getting better after I had my shower and dressed, but not so......
Such a tragedy today, so sad to hear of such destruction and death....
Phyllis glad the shop is doing well, but sorry about the house work going by the way side.....I too hope our trip isn't sidelined by 'me'.....sure trying to get something to help rid me of this bug......
RGK Offline
#1987 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 6:38:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

I heard about the shooting in CT as I was leaving work. So terrible and senseless.

Laundry is getting done tonight, much to do this weekend, trying to get a headstart.

Deb, did you get to see the dr? What ever is going around , I don't want it...

Phyllis, work gets in the way of cleaning house with me too. We do what I can and keep up with the most important rooms. I have a few of TH stamp sets. I do like my stamps but will go through them too and purge, someday LOL.--Yeah, Kohl's coupon is good for a few more days. I'll look for something for my 30% also, too good to waste.

I hope everyone is doing well. Hello to anyone stopping by. Renate
#1988 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 7:53:25 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

A somber hello to all. My heart is broken for all those affected by the tragedy in CT. I can't even fathom how you go on after something like that. God Bless them all.

Renate~Better than three days off, I'm off until Jan 2nd. Hooray. Have fun with the tree over the weekend. Put that 30% to good use.

Deb~Sorry to heat you're not feeling well. Sure hope you were able to get to the DR and get something.

Phyllis~I always have something that puts my housework behind! I bet the customers will be happy to get their orders before Christmas. Plenty of time to use that coupon!

It was nice to get out of work extra early today. I ran a couple errands and then had plans to work on the invites. Until I heard about the shooting and planted my hinder in front of the tv-all day. I got the strangest call this afternoon...two years ago the three of us that did stamp camp together (just two now) had done a few packs of six cards/free stamp camp certificate for a benefit. My friend that was running it said they did well in the auction but we never heard from anyone about the stamp camp and had put a six month expiration date on them. So someone (never met her, no idea who she is) called today asking if we'd still redeem one even though it expired March 2011! Then she said how much she liked the cards and wanted to do one as her Christmas cards and could she borrow the stamp set from me! Very odd! So tomorrow I'll work on invites, make three loaves of bread, a batch of party mix and a pan of date bars. For some reason DH took all the cookies (well, the batch for home & Sunday) with him. Now I need to decide if I should make more. Quickutz is coming to my friends store tomorrow evening to do a m&t and some giveaways so I'm planning on going to that. Sunday is our family Christmas up north so will be driving up in the afternoon (with invites). Yikes. Busy weekend.
G'night.
Jess
Phyllis Offline
#1989 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 8:22:37 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello again to the castle. Sad sad day, I can't watch the news without crying, can't imagine what those parents are going through. This person must have had a lot of hatred in his heart, even killed his mother. The only thing I have accomplished today is finishing up on my orders, just couldn't do anything else.

Jess, woo hoo on being off work until Jan 2. Strange request from that lady, what was she thinking. Have fun on the baking.

Renate, I hope to get out tomorrow to Kohls, I do have a couple more gifts to buy, well actually more than that.

Deb, sure hope you get better before your trip.

Gramma, got your beautiful card today, where did you get that beautiful sparkly card stock.

Got a card from the vet's office too, first time ever receiving one from them, but our dogs are probably their top customers.

Think I'll chill out the rest of the night.

Dbson Offline
#1990 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:37:37 AM(UTC)
Dbson

I never made it to the drs office last night, when I called back at 4:45 there were still 9 people there to be seen, figure in another 3 hours before I could be seen, so I just went to bed..I didn't want to be on the road by myself and no way hubby could have gone with me...the meds he takes before supper/driving do not go together.....doctored myself up with some ibuprofen, Vick's and kleenix....got up about 7 this morning, even though I have been awake since about 4ish......oh well....if I don't feel any better after lunch, I can go to a walk in clinic at 3pm.....they are open til 11, think the wait is about 2 hours....sad that you can't get in to see a dr without having to wait for hours......ok, off my soapbox.....
I read up on the postings, will check back in later, right now I am going back to bedSleep Sleep and try to sleep off this crap.....

Edited by user Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:38:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#1991 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:21:58 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening, just finished reading some of the reports from yesterday's shooting and the names of the victims. Impossible to make sense of this tragedy.
Jess, I forgot that you are off the rest of the year. Woohoo for you. Enjoy the time off and Christmas with your family. Weird of the lady to call after all this time, did she expect that you send your stamp set to her??? I stopped at Kohl's this morning and got a few things. Coupon is good till the 24th. Nothing else has happened to the tree yet. Shopping today and then baking cookies and banana muffins. I'm too tired for anything else now. I still have baking to do tomorrow so the tree will just have to wait a little longer.
Deb, I hope you are feeling better by now. Did you end up going to the clinic? Maybe the rest and meds worked.
Phyllis, I'm sure your customers are going to be happy to receive their orders before Christmas. Hope you'll have time soon to 'play'.
Gramma, I also received your card. It is beautiful. Thank you!
Hello to anyone stopping by. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1992 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 7:02:01 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good Sunday morning.. we are supposed to get some rain today, but not until this afternoon. We have a few things to do outside today, so will be getting it done before lunch.
Managed to get all the shopping done yesterday. Everything I ordered lst week will arrive tomorrow or Tues and one order should be here by the end of the week. I just need to finish wrapping everything. Jim & I shopped for about 10 hrs yesterday. MOST of that was in furniture stores and it was looking and getting ides of what is out there and costs for dining sets. But I did finish up the gift shopping as well as the grocery shopping. Not sure which of the dining sets (if any) we might get and when. I would like to go to a few other stores in the area, but felt I was pushing my limit on Jim, who is so not a shopper.
Today I will start baking. I will do the items that can be done ahead (cookies/breads), and then make a plan for what can't be done until Sunday/Monday.
I have scheduled donation p/u for Wednesday. I have 2 big boxes and bags, plus 2 large 8ft Ficus trees to put out. That will free up a lot of space in the shed.
But enough about me.
Deb, sorry to hear about the bug you got. I hope you can shake it off and your travel plan isn't messed up.
Gramma, I hope Eric has also moved on and you are doing better.
Phyllis, glad you were able to get the orders out to arrive on time. Happy customers leave good reviews.
Jess, hope you are able to get everything done you need to and enjoy your vacation time.
I want to thank Deb, Phyllis, Jess & Renate for the beautiful cards. I have such talented friends.
Time to get busy here. Jim has left to haul paint cans to the recycle. When he gets home, we are going to put some little lit trees in the front island and an old lit garland on the deck railing.
Hope everyone has a good day.

Dbson Offline
#1993 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:51:23 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Hello from a drenched dreary southern cityBigGrin, it has rained quiet a bit today. I do feel better too, decided staying in, doctoring up with what I had here was probably the best thing to do. No telling what else I might catch sitting in an office....anyway, I went to bed about 5:30 last night, just after supper......I think the extra sleep has helped me too....trip plans are still on for tomorrow....have most everything out/ready to get in the car.....

Hubby woke up this morning to running water in the kitchen sink, MIL got up after he went to bed and left the faucet running....no damage done except to my water billThumbDown ThumbDown ....he had to caution her about it.....

Pat glad you are done with your 'stuff'....I don't like to shop for furniture or clothes, always seem to go back to the 'first' thing I saw and buy....

Renate do you have much time off planned for the rest of the year?

Phyllis good for you and the orders.....customers will be happy I know....

Jess what did you tell the lady that called on the cards?

There was a strange incident here yesterday, a man shot/killed 3 people in Heflin (small town about 30 miles east of here), being chased by police, wrecked his car, car jacked a vehicle at a stop lite, shot a police officer in the leg with an AK47, took off again, about 2 hours later he hit an elderly woman driving on one of the main roads and was shot and killed.....yesterday morning there was a shooting at a hospital in Birmingham, that offender was killed.....what is this world coming too? Sad world we live in .......

I am going to say hello to everyone else and see what I can do about supper......have some chicken cooked and in the fridge, hubby wants some chocolate pudding for dessert....need to get the corn on and check my potatoes.....later.....
RGK Offline
#1994 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 5:57:15 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Sunday evening castle,
Pat, I don't like furniture shopping either. We haven't bought any in years. We do want a sectional couch for the open area by the kitchen. I looked once but that's all so far.
Deb, glad you are feeling better. You're right, never know what kind of bug you can pick up in a doctor's office. Have a safe trip tomorrow. Hope the weather is good for you.--I'm off this Friday and that's it besides Christmas and the weekend. Of course that can change, might take off an hour here or there.
I did some more shopping this morning and baked cookies in the afternoon. I might make some Spritz cookies yet and a pan of bar cookies and the coffee cake and then that will be done. Later this week I need to do my Christmas food shopping. I better make a list for that.
I'm going to relax the rest of the evening and hope you all will be too. Hello to everyone! Renate
imnchghere Offline
#1995 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:02:02 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Monday morning everyone.
Deb, I hope you feel well enough for your trip, so you can enjoy it. We were not able to fit in a visit to my aunt/uncle in Cleveland or to see Jim's aunt in VA before Christmas, but we may be able to squeeze them in next week. I won't hold my breath though. Very poor planning and time management on my part. And Jim is extremely bogged down at work, even though he has plenty of time available to take off.

Today I am going to do some baking and gift wrapping. Plan is to do the easy packages and the easy recipes. I also need to figure out a better plan for the LR furniture. What we did yesterday is not going to work. But I am not sure what to do differently. Hoping I have a light bulb moment today.
It was fun to look at potential furniture. Most of what we have is old. Not necessarily in bad shape, but dated and not working for me any more.

Well, I best get busy here. I am going to make Mexican lasagna for dinner and coleslaw. And I need to find my shortbread pan. And a cookie press. It is not Christmas without great aunt Isa's shortbread and my Mom's Russian tea cookies (right out of the Betty Crocker cookbook).

Hello Gramma, Phyllis, Renate, Joanne, Jess and anyone else who stops by.

Gramma Offline
#1996 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 11:45:00 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from a fairly mild temped WNY, but rainy as well.
Finally got all the presents wrapped. I am so happy we had an extra large island put in our kitchen. Its an ideal place to wrap gifts without being a pain in the back(or elsewhere).

Pat a box went out to you this morning. GP cards(58). Look for a couple of little surprises.

Phyllis glad to read you got your orders completed. I can all most hear you sigh with relief from here...LOL

Deb have a great trip. Sorry about the water issue. Dinner sounds great. I made a double batch of Swiss steak in the crock pot yesterday because the kids were coming over and I'll have enough to last til Thurs. or Fri. I made a pan of apple crisp too... that may not last as long.

Hellos to Renate, Jess and Joanne and anyone else I missed.
Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#1997 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 1:17:55 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon,we are in our room and it has been rainy most of the day.....going to see lights later tonight I think, we both had a hard time on the way up......we miss that dog so bad........she loved to ride.....I feel some better today so hoping I can enjoy the time away from home..... can't post to Facebook on this tablet so guess I will just 'like' anything I see the next couple days, will check in later.
#1998 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 4:26:07 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! I hope everyone is doing well.

Phyllis~Did you get the last of your Christmas shopping done? What else have you been up to?

Renate~Hope your work day went well. What time will you have off for Christmas? Oh, I see your update! I love spritz cookies! They love my hips!

Pat~Good job getting the shopping done. Kudos to Jim for putting in 10 hours of shopping. That never would have happened with Brad!! How did the baking go? I hope you're able to get some visiting done next week.

Deb~Glad you're feeling better and hope you continue to improve. Hope your travel plans happened! Oops on the waterBlink This is a crazy world we live in. I wish all that need mental health services were willing and able to get it. Og good, I see you're where you were going. Have a nice time!

Gramma~Are you feeling better? Sounds like you're ahead of the game with having presents wrapped.

I have to say again that I've loved everyone's Christmas cards! This past weekend was exhausting. I am so glad to have those invites done and I hope she doesn't need anymore. I did realize the other day that I will now have to make the thank you cards as well. Just my thinking...nice invitation certainly deserves a nice thank you. ~sigh~ The Quickutz party was fun, bought a lot but won a lot too. The M&T was using the Letterpress and I am happy to say I don't feel the need to get it. Am I right in saying Phyllis purchased one a few years back, didn't like it and brought it back? I do want that magnetic platform, my friend can't keep it in stock though. I hate pre-ordering stuff though. Paying ahead for something you may not get for months bothers me. I may have to suck it up if I really want it.
With that lady that wanted to borrow the stamp set, I have to admit I lied and said a friend was already borrowing it. She then asked if I would call her and ask if she was done with it and she'd come pick it up. I called her back later and said it was still being used. Didn't like not being truthful but I didn't know what to say. So I got a little bit done around here today. Not deep cleaning, but surface cleaning, and a few cards. Football tonight and will make more cards (clean up from stamp camp). Have a good evening. Oh, had a nice time with family yesterday. Raquel is getting to big and she's so much fun. I just love her!

Jess
RGK Offline
#1999 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 5:38:12 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Monday evening,
Pat, did you get your LR furniture moved around? Hope you'll find nice new furniture. Did the baking and wrapping get accomplished?
Deb, did the drive to see lights pay off? I know you miss your dog. Glad you are feeling better.
Gramma, you did not mention any aches and pains, must mean that all your unwanted company has left.
Jess, looks like you are enjoying your time off, after wearing yourself out with the invites. That lady sure seems pesky about YOUR stamps. I don't loan out stuff - lesson learned. I don't mind sharing if I am crafting in a group but the stuff goes home with me.--I'll be off Friday and Christmas day, maybe part of Monday.--All of the cookies arr trouble. It's hard to eat just a couple.
Phyllis, I saw you are on and maybe beating me to it with your post. Hope all is well with you.
Hello to Joanne.
I met my friend after work today at a restaurant to celebrate Christmas. She retired earlier this year. I had a calendar made for her with some of our Germany pictures, and she loved it.
Not sure yet what I will do with the rest of this evening, maybe just straighten up a little and then relax.
Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2000 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 5:38:33 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone, I'm so far behind here. I'm working on my last Christmas order, have one ready to ship tomorrow and have to get the last one shipped Wednesday. It has rained a lot today, thunder and lightening.

Jess, I agree on the mental health need. I hope more parents will seek help and get it after this tragedy. Yay on getting the invites done. I still have my Letterpress, didn't return it, should have. It's in my scrap closet on the top shelf out of sight out of mind. Little Raquel is a cutie.

Deb, glad you were able to go on your trip. Lights there should be really beautiful. There are so many occasions that remind you of your little pooch. Hugs. Are you doing any Christmas shopping while there?

Gramma, I have an island in my scrap room that I use for all purposes, it is great. Don't have one in my kitchen but would love to have one, although don't know if there is room for one. Not done with orders yet, but almost there, guess it will slow down after today.

Pat, hope your LR furniture plan has fallen into place. I hope to start some baking by Thursday. Hope you got your wrapping done. I don't have anything wrapped, some will not get wrapped as they are either too big or online gift cards. My DH would not have endured 10 hours of shopping either, my hat goes off to Jim.

Renate, are any of your plans coming together? I need to do some food planning and food shopping too.

Hello to Joanne and any others that may stop by the castle. I need to get some rugs out of the dryer, forgot about them until this minute.

imnchghere Offline
#2001 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:51:11 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Tuesday evening in a very quiet castle. I am guessing that everyone is trying to get the last of their projects done. Cleaning, baking, shopping, gift wrapping, etc.
I managed to get started on my baking today. Made some pumpkin gingerbread mini bundt cakes and shortbread. Tomorrow I am going to make Russian tea cookies and that will be it. I need to focus on getting the house (furniture) in order. I wrapped a few gifts today and will do the rest tomorrow while cookies are baking. Since I have a lot of gift cards, there really isn't as much to wrap.
Phyllis, I hope you were able to get your orders out. I had a couple things I wanted to get done and didn't. Things for the grands. Oh well... maybe we will celebrate Epiphany.

Thinking about Deb and hoping she is having a nice getaway.
Hello to everyone else.. Renate, Jess, Gramma, Joanne and anyone else who stops by. I hope everyone is having a productive week and getting everything done.

#2002 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:52:42 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning~Hope everyone is doing well.

Renate~That's a good policy to have regarding your crafty things. I borrow things out to only a few people. Glad you had a nice time with your friend. I bet she loved her gift.

Phyllis~Good job on getting the orders out. You'll have lots of happy customers. I'm impressed that you knew where your letterpress was!! I see baking is on your list...what items?

Pat~Looks like you have a few irons in the fire. A little of this and a little of that. Glad things are getting done.

I puttered around here most of the day yesterday. My two SU! orders were delivered, that was fun! Now I need to find room for it all. I don't think it's going to be easy. Met my sis, BIL and nephew in GB late in the day for shopping and dinner. Still working on finishing up stamp camp so I can get some ideas for next month put together.
Hello to everyone else!

Jess
#2003 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:59:39 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Oh, another reason I'm so very happy to be on vacation...
We have a storm coming in late tonight. We're expecting to get 12.5" of snow. So thankful I won't have to be out driving in it.
Dbson Offline
#2004 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:24:00 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Wednesday, home after a stop in Dalton, GA to visit with a friend of hubby's....he has a rare form of cancer, started chemo this week, his wife was diagnosed with lung cancer a couple weeks ago.....she is really upbeat and said it 'was not going to get her', but he was a bit down....

Lights were very pretty, got a few pics......we slept better last night....Monday night the room next to us must have been in and out/up and down most of the night.....oh well.....

Read the post but will have to catch up later.....my tablet won't let me post to FB nowAngry...I can 'like' but that is it....anyway, headed back to the washer to finish up the laundry....apt cleaning early in the morning too....

Edited by user Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:38:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#2005 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 7:31:19 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle,
It looks like everyone is busy getting last minute things done. I still have a few of those myself. Glad I'll be off Friday so I can get done too.
Pat, are all your cookies and cakes baked and gifts wrapped?
Jess, glad you are "puttering around" some instead of working all the time. Whoa on missing the drive in a foot of snow. We're supposed to get some tomorrow evening/night. I could be happy without it but it is winter. I was planning on shopping Friday since I'm off but I can wait and see how it is outside.
Deb, glad you had a good getaway 'break' and are home safe now. Sorry to hear about your friends and their health problems. Must be tough.
I have not done much since I came home from work. Made dinner, started the dishwasher and then mostly watched tv. Very unproductive. I guess I better check on the dishes and pick up a little, make my food for tomorrow and then get a good night sleep.
Hello to Phyllis, Joanne, Gramma, Karen and anyone else stopping by. Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2006 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:16:15 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good evening castle friends. It's been a little empty in the castle lately but I know everyone is rushing around with Christmas. I did get 3 more gifts today, well two of them was gift cards so easy peasy. Got 3 orders shipped out today, I think things will slow down for awhile now but I don't want them to slow down too much, LOL.

Pat, I saw your Russian Tea cookies on FB, I had forgotten about those, I love them so that's on my agenda for cookies, I made some peanut butter fudge tonight. Those pumpkin gingerbread mini cakes sound yummy.

Jess, I saw on our news where you're getting snow, we have about an inch in the forecast but strong cold winds and temps. Yeah, that darn letterpress box is out of my reach, can still see it though and I get a sick feeling in my stomach when I do see it.

Deb, I see you're home, that was a short trip. Hope you're feeling better.

Renate, I need to get out again before Sunday, hope this weather doesn't put a damper on that. I have to get my food stuff for our Christmas Eve get together with friends. It was a madhouse today, I really should have done more shopping way before the Christmas rush.

Hello to everyone else in the castle.
Dbson Offline
#2007 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:16:07 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, what a day.....storms rolled in early....cleaned the apt early...then MIL has showed her rear, I am afraid to take hubby's blood pressure....she made the sitter cry being so ugly to her.....we are at wits end here....hubby waiting on a call to get her an appt with her medical dr.....we did make the last stop to WM until after Christmas....picking up my stuff for our family meal on Sunday at the meat store on Saturday....got all the 'extra' stuff at WM this morning. Two batches of bread rising for baking in the morning, got to deliver something to my hair lady...got my meat for tonight cooked....didn't have a roast I liked so I got some steak and popped it in the slow cooker this morning with some onion soup mix and a bit of water....smells delicious.....potatoes cooking now....a quick and easy supper....MIL's tumor has shrunk 1.5 inches.....next Wed hubby will go out to talk with the dr, she has 9 treatments left, but he will evaluate what is next for her...

Jess glad you are not having to drive in the snow, how many inches did you get? The invites on FB were wonderful....that picture of Raquel is adorable....

Renate hope your work day went well...boo to shopping...yes the couple with cancer is so sad..

Pat your cookies looked wonderful....I make something similar called Noels.....

Phyllis did you get your shopping done today? Your customers will appreciate your getting the orders out so timely. Yes, the trip was a quick one but we so 'needed' to get away.....sadly what we have come home to is worse than before we left.....just don't think it will get any better.....

Joanne have you caught up decorating yet? Loved the cozy pic on FB. How are you?

Gramma has 'Eric' left your home yet? Swiss steak sounds yummy....

Hello to Karen, Kathy and anyone else that might drop in......have a great rest of your day.

Edited by user Thursday, December 20, 2012 1:16:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Phyllis Offline
#2008 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 6:38:34 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello and Happy Thursday and done with Christmas shopping, woo hoo. Just need to wrap one more, bake some cookies tomorrow. The wind has caused quite a few power outages here, very close but we still have power. A little snow in the forecast for tonight and early tomorrow morning. We had carry out food tonight, DH had to go to different places to find one that had power.

Deb, so sorry about MIL, did she have a reason for her behavior? It's not good to be mean to her sitter, did the sitter quit? Is she, perhaps, getting dementia? Sounds like you are still cooking a lot. I haven't made any sour dough bread in a while, I've been making yeast rolls mostly.

Hello to all the other queens.
RGK Offline
#2009 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 7:01:31 AM(UTC)
RGK

United States

good Friday morning everyone,
Phyllis, woo hoo on successful shopping trip and getting the orders out. Should give you great reviews!! Hope the snow does not put a damper on your plans. Glad your power stayed on. Always a big concern in the winter.--I was never really tempted by the Letterpress, seemed too expensive and didn't think I would use it much.
Deb, sorry to hear about MIL - Phyllis has a point about her behavior. Good news about the shrinking tumor, that should make her happy. The sitter is so vital for everyone's sanity. I hope her doctor can provide some insight and solution. I have a feeling it will not be what she wants to hear though. How did she do while you were away?
I'm off today and might just stay home, at least most of the day. We got about an inch or 2 of snow but with it a cold and gusty winds. My second load of laundry is getting done, paying bills and working on the house and decorating and baking. That's the plan. My shopping is pretty much done except for DS and DDIL, they have not told us what they want and we will not see them until mid January. I did my food shopping yesterday after work and have all but the ham.--Better get busy. I'll be back later. Hello to everyone.....Renate

Dbson Offline
#2010 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 7:31:33 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Morning, a rough evening here and I went to bed before 7 last night.

Phyllis the sitter has not quit, she needs the job, but if I had been her, I would have left as soon as my feet could get out the door......so today could be 'judgement day'.....

Renate she had the sitter spend the night with her on Tuesday night, said she could not bear to see the other DIL sleep on a pallet on the floor.....HA.....she just didn't want to go over there, plain and simple....

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day, I need to finish up my housework, ballgame for Caleb in the morning at 10, today I need to get a last couple things wrapped.....

Later....