Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Judy Ashmore Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:00:13 AM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Just wondering if anyone know when the gypsy link will happen?
It has been almost a YEAR, that really seems like a long time to me. Wonder why such a big company as PC will not hire people that can finish this application?
I know there are experts out there, why won't PC use them?
Cartridges are expensive, I know I have a lot, LOL
I love CCR and hope they have the gypsy link available SOON!!!

Please someone update us on the progress, Thanks

1 user thanked Judy Ashmore for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 12/29/2012(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 5:10:44 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 347 time(s) in 232 post(s)
Judy,

Are you holding your breath? Well.....don't. I've had my Gypsy almost a year, so I got to the party pretty late, but even last February ladies were demanding some kind of time frame.

Customer service always states that " they are working on it". Frankly, I don't think they are. Because it has been "rumored" that the Gypsy is being discontinued, I don't think PC wants to risk another failed update that kills off the remaining Gypsies that are still alive.

Think about it..... if the Gypsy is no longer being manufactured, and PC delivers the long awaited update to link our carts to CCR....and the update renders the device inoperable .... what then would PC be able to do? We can no longer buy new ones. Women would be furious with no recourse what so ever. It would be the perfect LOSE/LOSE situation.

Better for PC to just keep dangling that carrot and never delivering. If they dangle it long enough, chances are the Gypsies will die a natural death from old age. Better that than being given a suicide pill from PC in the form of an update.

I hope I'm wrong. I have about 75 carts that I would love to link to CCR. In the meantime, I just took a big technological step backwards and bought a Jukebox - just to make it easier to use different carts in CCR.
JennyG Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 10:26:28 PM(UTC)
JennyG

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I wish they would get it to work! I love my gypsy and have started using the CCR because my gypsy is broke. The part where you plug in the power fell inside (I read this is actually common). I am just so annoyed by the fact I have to go and find my cartridge that I need and put it in the machine in order to do anything. I feel like they have us so trapped with their products, you learn you cant live without them and yet they always seem to disappoint you. I've heard so many good things about other machines out there, but I feel like I have soo much money invested with provo craft. I already have owned two gypsys, I had the original cricut, the expression, the cake expression, the cuttlebug, the imagine, the YourStory and about 100 cartridges Mad
Judy Ashmore Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:46:59 AM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
I know how you feel! I could not use the Gypsy at all, too small for my old fingers and old brain. The CCR is good for me because I can see it right on my computer screen.

I have so many PC products, machines, cartridge galore and many linked to my Gypsy.

It seems to me that PC could afford to hire "techies" that can solve this and get it ready for us. I know that there are tons of great folks out there. I do not understand the delay for G linking to CCR at all.

Come on PC, get it ready for us!!

Thanks
Judy
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 6:40:26 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JennyG Go to Quoted Post
I wish they would get it to work! I love my gypsy and have started using the CCR because my gypsy is broke. The part where you plug in the power fell inside (I read this is actually common). I am just so annoyed by the fact I have to go and find my cartridge that I need and put it in the machine in order to do anything. I feel like they have us so trapped with their products, you learn you cant live without them and yet they always seem to disappoint you. I've heard so many good things about other machines out there, but I feel like I have soo much money invested with provo craft. I already have owned two gypsys, I had the original cricut, the expression, the cake expression, the cuttlebug, the imagine, the YourStory and about 100 cartridges Mad

I've read on the forums that several people have taken their Gypsy with a broken port to a cell phone or computer repair shop and had it repaired for under $50. Might be worth checking into.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
JennyG on 12/28/2012(UTC)
Jennifer Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 6:51:00 AM(UTC)
Jennifer

Was thanked: 149 time(s) in 105 post(s)
Is there any end date in sight for this? I'd really like to be able to use the Craftroom and not have to switch out cartridges 7000 times.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:15:28 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1818 time(s) in 865 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jennifer Go to Quoted Post
Is there any end date in sight for this? I'd really like to be able to use the Craftroom and not have to switch out cartridges 7000 times.

PC introduced CCR at winter cha 2011..... Almost 2 years ago! I just don't think it's going to happen. I have not linked a cartridge since beta testing CCR. I can't trust PC to meet their commitments and promises in a professional and timely manner! 2 years of waiting pretty much says to me that the company just doesn't care.
Yodlo Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:43:41 AM(UTC)
Yodlo

I have not been on this forum for awhile, so I am catching up on the info about CCR and linked carts. Am I to understand that I cannot use my carts with CCR if I linked them to my Gypsy?

I have heard elsewhere that the Gypsy will no longer be made or supported by PC.

If these statements are both accurate, why would I ever want to buy another cartridge from PC? Why would anyone?

It means I would now have to be tied to a computer to use my Cricut cart designs if I want to weld etc. (AND my linked carts won't work anyway) If that becomes the case, and my carts are useless due to having been linked to my Gypsy, then I might as well have another kind of cutter.

In reading these posts I am astounded that a company would do that to their loyal customer base. The better customer you were (buying a Gypsy and LOTS of cartridges) the more you are screwed over by PC.

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:44:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

GracefulGrammar Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:48:54 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1818 time(s) in 865 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Yodlo Go to Quoted Post
I have not been on this forum for awhile, so I am catching up on the info about CCR and linked carts. Am I to understand that I cannot use my carts with CCR if I linked them to my Gypsy?

I have heard elsewhere that the Gypsy will no longer be made or supported by PC.

If these statements are both accurate, why would I ever want to buy another cartridge from PC? Why would anyone?

It means I would now have to be tied to a computer to use my Cricut cart designs if I want to weld etc. (AND my linked carts won't work anyway) If that becomes the case, and my carts are useless due to having been linked to my Gypsy, then I might as well have another kind of cutter.

In reading these posts I am astounded that a company would do that to their loyal customer base. The better customer you were (buying a Gypsy and LOTS of cartridges) the more you are screwed over by PC.

You can use your gypsy-linked carts with CCR BUT the physical cart has to be switched in and out of the cutter.......... If you are using multiple carts, it's a nightmare!!! CCR often can't find the cart even when it's been placed in the cutter.......... I have had to limit my cutting in CCR to using one cart at a time!
Yodlo Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:54:44 AM(UTC)
Yodlo

GracefulGrammar- I just came back to this thread to comment that I realize I can use my carts, but it requires me to physically pop in each cart to cut the design. To me that is SUCH a hassle (and if I go to a crop it means I have to carry all my carts with me AND have my computer AND have live internet access- the very reasons I bought a Gypsy!!!)

So I will amend my comment to say the carts will (or may) work, but in a totally obnoxious way.

I can't believe PC has not provided straight answers about these issues. One wonders if they are TRYING to go out of business.

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:55:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

Jennifer Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:06:32 AM(UTC)
Jennifer

Could we PLEASE get an answer from PC on a possible date for this? I'm so sick of their empty promises. Sure makes me want to go and order 'another machine.'
 1 user thanked Jennifer for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 2/18/2013(UTC)
HelloTink Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:23:33 AM(UTC)
HelloTink

Was thanked: 67 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I really love my gypsy!!! Love I just got a new laptop and can't get Cricut Craft Room to work (I've tried compatibility mode, etc.). I could get CCR to work when I had a desktop, but I could never get it to link to my E2 and cut. My desktop has since died. I can see CCR on my husband's laptop, but I haven't tried to cut with his laptop. He takes his laptop with him to work so that's not really an option for me. I like to take my cricut and gypsy with me to crops sometimes, but I am not bringing a laptop with me also (even if CCR did work on it!). I don't want to be tied to a computer! I really hope that Cricut keeps the gypsy, or comes out with an updated version of the gypsy!
 1 user thanked HelloTink for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 1/7/2013(UTC)
LaurieMince Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:56:49 AM(UTC)
LaurieMince

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I want to know the same thing...when will gypsy link work. I posted something on their facebook page yesterday regarding gypsy link and my post has disappeared.
FionaWallace Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:19:03 PM(UTC)
FionaWallace

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 20 post(s)
I've had my Gypsy for several years so my cartridges are linked to it as well as the pre-installed and a few freebies I got when I registered it. I would like the flexibility to use either CCR or my Gypsy to design, especially when using different cartridges. It seems PC just don't care about the needs of it's customers and that is demonstrated by the fact no-one from PC has even bothered to come on here to reply to the comments made by customers who have invested a great deal of money in products. I will looking at other machines which will give me what PC seem to have problems providing!
 1 user thanked FionaWallace for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 1/7/2013(UTC)
Gadget girl Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 4:56:59 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
I have had the Gypsy for a few years now and it is nice to be able to design stuff while away but I do find it very fiddly and jumpy. I have got another machine now was fed up of waiting for Cricut to sort things out so that we could design what we wanted. They never seem to listen to their customers and dont come on here very often to answer any questions.
scrapalette Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 5:30:34 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18941 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
While I hope PC soon has a process for the gypsy to link carts to CCR, I don't understand some of the comments here. Everyone who uses their Cricut alone has to insert each cart to cut. . . everyone that uses DS has to insert each cart to cut. . .are they not loyal customers because they never bought the Gypsy or bought one and never linked their carts to it? Huh
LaurieMince Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:38:02 PM(UTC)
LaurieMince

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
While I hope PC soon has a process for the gypsy to link carts to CCR, I don't understand some of the comments here. Everyone who uses their Cricut alone has to insert each cart to cut. . . everyone that uses DS has to insert each cart to cut. . .are they not loyal customers because they never bought the Gypsy or bought one and never linked their carts to it? Huh

For me anyone who has bought a machine and carts is a loyal customer. I think the big difference is that those who linked their carts to the gypsy now don't have the option of linking them to CCR...and then for them to promise the ability to link and never deliver. In the Feb 2012 notice in CCR it said it was coming in the next week and almost a year later nothing and avoidance of the question to me is extremely poor customer service. Someone did get a response from PC regarding gypsy link in I think Aug and was told it was not priority. It should be.
MThorfinns Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:56:07 PM(UTC)
MThorfinns

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I too have all of my cartridges linked to my Gypsy. All of my cartridges are also registered on my account on Cricut.com. If the carts are registered on my account and CCR access my account, why can't they at least fix CCR to allow the registered carts show up in CCR?
Jennifer Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 8:32:12 AM(UTC)
Jennifer

I've had it. I'm looking into a new machine and selling this crap. Enough is enough.
 1 user thanked Jennifer for this useful post.
ScrappinNanaK Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 1:01:45 PM(UTC)
ScrappinNanaK

Was thanked: 411 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Crying I have heard from provo craft that they are working on it too but like alot of people I too have my cartridges either linked to either my gypsy or CCR. It can't be that hard to go in change a few things and link our cricut accounts to CCR all of my cartridges are registered also. Other companies can go in a change settings so that we can't use their software with our cricuts anymore, why can't PC fix this issue for us.
BrendaBlomberg Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:23:24 PM(UTC)
BrendaBlomberg

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I've been waiting for the Zombies digital cart to go on sale, it is now, but after reading that an update through sync could kill my gypsy, I'm afraid to buy it.
 1 user thanked BrendaBlomberg for this useful post.
Gadget girl Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 2:39:22 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
We are trying to be loyal customers but PC do not make it easy to be. They make promises then break them or then tell us it is not a priority without telling us a time line of when they will get it done. I dont blame people for buying the other machines I did and havent regretted it one bit. I still love my Cricut and want it to work how Cricut said it would in the first place though.
thinkpink101 Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:04:05 AM(UTC)
thinkpink101

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I'm starting to think it won't ever happen. I call Customer Support about once a month and for over a YEAR I've been told that they are working hard on it and that it's "almost" finished. When I push for more info the customer service reps get snippy and tell me to either buy a new Gypsy or to buy Jukeboxes if I don't want to insert each cartridge one by one to use CCR. I sold my 3 jukeboxes YEARS ago and replaced them with the Gypsy. I'm not about to take a step backwards!! I'm steaming mad. I have hundreds of cartridges...all linked to my Gypsy. The Gypsy hasn't worked properly in over a year and recently it stopped working altogether (the USB port in the Gypsy is broken). Just because I invested in yet another Provo Craft gadget (the Gypsy) I now can't link my carts to CCR. This makes me so angry. You would think it would be a priority to get this to work for people, but no. The best part was when the customer service rep patronizingly told me that they can't just rush to release things before they works completely right with no bugs or glitches. Ha! Tell that to my Imagine!
HeatherLB Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:43:10 PM(UTC)
HeatherLB

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Please please please fix this PC. I have thousands of dollars invested in carts that are linked to my Gypsy that I can't use with CCR. This is ridiculous!
GoUSNR Offline
#25 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 10:57:22 AM(UTC)
GoUSNR

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I sent an e-mail to PC a month ago. I guess they didn't think it was worth answering because I've never heard back from them. I don't understand how they can be so anti-customer friendly. It's very sad to see how upset customers are getting. I'm very disappointed in PC.