Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AliShoreH00adf698 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 15, 2012 12:12:03 AM(UTC)
AliShoreH00adf698

Groups: Registered

Hi all,

So I've had my E2 for a few months now, everything was working wonderfully. Then my HD on my Macbook Pro 1/2 crashed and so I had it getting fixed and replaced at the Apple store. I ended up trying to use my old Macbook with the E2 but neither was having it, so I decided to use the E2 manually. It was working great & then I got my Macbook Pro back.... at first the E2 said I couldn't print because I had already used my 2 of 2 computers to sync with the machine.... then it finally recognized my computer and CCR would allow me to design. I decided while I had everything working to link all of my physical cartridges.... it took them all except for one, and I was very pleased. I then decided to UPDATE my cricut (which i totally regret now). Took me awhile to figure it out (which adobe air, which flash, and to use Safari because I typically use google chrome).. which involved uninstalling them and reinstalling them meanwhile still trying to sync because I wasn't sure what a "bridge error" was... finally fixed that so my firewall recognizes the CCR and everything... then my Cricut got stuck on the welcome screen! I've tried turning it off, unplugging it, etc. Once I finally figured out all of the adobe/flash/browser/firewall stuff, I tried to Sync and it FINALLY went through the steps: 1)initializing, 2) detecting, 3) connecting (meanwhile my cricut screen is still stuck on welcome screen- aka "Cricut Expression 2"), and FINALLY came up with Device detcted but not responding... restart E2 and run sync again.... did that, screen still frozen, now sync only gets so far as "initializing"...

Is my E2 broken? If so, it's totally from the update! Anyone know what I can do to get it past the welcome screen? I haven't had any issues with my E2 until this stupid update! I wish there was a way to manually reset the physical cricut E2 back to factory settings.... I'd go through all the site maps to do it if it meant I didn't need a new part! I know all of the software and firmware for my computer is good... any ideas?!?!? Should I try to uninstall my cartridges? Would that maybe lessen the burden if the E2 is overwrought? I'm not even sure I can get CricutSync to bring that option up again...

ALSO, why does my CCR say "Gypsy sync" then if you click it, it says "coming soon"....? I don't have a gypsy but if this is the latest version, then shouldn't the CCR be updated? I just got my Cricut this past August (2012).

**Any help with the E2 screen would be much appreciated!** I recently had to quit my job due to severe health issues and currently work from home doing crafting and design-- I have a wedding banner due in a week (as if having my computer at the Apple store for a week wasn't bad enough)-- the banner is 5 layers! Ahhh.

Thank you in advance,
Ali
Spookysnip Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 18, 2012 6:56:09 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I would try calling cricut support since they will walk you through it(1-877-727-4288). Hopefully they can fix it for you or replace it if need be.
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 20, 2012 8:42:06 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello Ali! If you have not called our Customer Care center, I can give you some steps to restore your Expression 2.
1. Please turn off your Expression 2 and plug it in to the computer.
2. Please launch the Cricut Sync program. It will look for your device, but it will not find it. Once that message appears please go to the help menu and click "Expression 2 troubleshooting".
3. Answer the questions Yes, No, No, No, Yes.
4. This will start you on a Format and restore. Follow the directions to put the machine in recovery mode. Then allow the machine to update. You will see the program start to move through the emailing bullet points once it is in recovery mode.

I hope that this helps!
-PCGena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
ArcadiaFLNative on 9/19/2013(UTC)
allstar2.mroberts8db51ea3 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 9:26:42 PM(UTC)
allstar2.mroberts8db51ea3

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello Ali! If you have not called our Customer Care center, I can give you some steps to restore your Expression 2.
2. Please launch the Cricut Sync program. It will look for your device, but it will not find it. Once that message appears please go to the help menu and click "Expression 2 troubleshooting".
4. This will start you on a Format and restore. Follow the directions to put the machine in recovery mode. Then allow the machine to update. You will see the program start to move through the emailing bullet points once it is in recovery mode.

I hope that this helps!
-PCGena

do you have any idea why my computer wouldnt reconize my cricut...
 1 user thanked allstar2.mroberts8db51ea3 for this useful post.
JEGTravels9a8bd9bb on 7/26/2014(UTC)
CricutGena Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:35:22 AM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 999 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: allstar2.mroberts8db51ea3 Go to Quoted Post
do you have any idea why my computer wouldnt reconize my cricut...

I do not, I would definitely call customer support at 877-7cricut, we have several tools that can help you get back up and running!
-Cricut Gena
Scrappin4joy Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 21, 2013 2:19:05 AM(UTC)
Scrappin4joy

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post

I hope that this helps!
-PCGena

Hi there, followed this and have gotten to the 2nd last light up dot - Process content and the loading bar has Expression working:error It then flashes to random letters and key images....I only tried this because as soon as I connected my brand new E2 to cricut sync I was unable to get the images on the cutting mat on the screen. They would appear in the que but not be on the mat when I hit home.The mat on the screen had like a shaded area. This was the first time I had inserted a cartridge. My first cut was from the pre-loaded files.
Am I best to turn it all off and start the recovery again?
My almost 2 yr old E gave up the ghost just prior to Christmas.
I'm in Australia and will have to wait until tomorrow morning to contact PC for their opening hours.
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
Heather-Lea

Update: I turned "Herbert" off disconnected from computer and inserted a cartridge, turned him back on and got an 'Error 3' and a message about reinserting the cartridge. Tried a few times with a different cartridge and got the same message.

So I redid the restore and it completed. YAY!! Reads cartridge...double YAY!! except I am getting a shaded area on the mat on the screen still, only this time smaller...I had a play thinking it was a default for mat size and tried the 'true dial size' because it wouldn't let me adjust the image size. Check..changing the 'true dial size' allowed me to change the image size..YAY!!.... Now noticing that some images from the cartridge is distorted/disjointed in the image on the screen mat.....eg. on Graphically Speaking page 60 in handbook word key image of the tag with word 'mine' is showing on the screen with the top outline of the 'm' as being below the tag design.(Yes I'm sure a picture would help. sorry)Hoping this is just a minor error and does not interfere with the actual cut.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR it is cutting as per the image. I know this cartridge cut this image fine on my Expression.....

Edited by user Monday, January 21, 2013 3:48:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

meghanjason5c970d28 Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2013 7:58:12 AM(UTC)
meghanjason5c970d28

I am stuck in recovery mode ...I think...who knows!! I have never been more disappointed with a product! The ratio of time spent troubleshooting versus actually creating is seriously out of proportion! I am ready to give this thing away. Now it wont turn off! Purchased it approx one month age and have made maybe 2 full projects. Any ideas before I leave this outside at the curb?