Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

stebla Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:49:49 PM(UTC)
stebla

Groups: Registered

Hi there! I'm a Cricut newbie and I just bought an Expression 2. When I tried to do my first cutting I experienced this problem: while the blade starts moving from its home base and positioning in the starting point for cutting, it slightly cut the paper. I mean it doesn’t remain completely raised from the paper while it’s positioning and this damages the shape itself or the rest of the paper (so I can’t use it for further cuttings).
I updated the firmware machine with Cricut Sync but nothing changed.
Do you think this is a machine or blade defect? Or do I have to change some cutting options?
Anything similar happened to you? Thank you
Karen McPaters Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 5:47:00 PM(UTC)
Karen McPaters

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi there! I'm a Cricut newbie and I just bought an Expression 2. When I tried to do my first cutting I experienced this problem: while the blade starts moving from its home base and positioning in the starting point for cutting, it slightly cut the paper. I mean it doesn’t remain completely raised from the paper while it’s positioning and this damages the shape itself or the rest of the paper (so I can’t use it for further cuttings).
Do you think this is a machine or blade defect? Or do I have to change some cutting options?

I TOO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!
ASHAME NO ONE HAS ANY ANSWERS
ruhroh Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 20, 2012 10:17:53 PM(UTC)
ruhroh

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: stebla Go to Quoted Post

I too have the same problem
Rachelsmum Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:02:55 PM(UTC)
Rachelsmum

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 20 post(s)
Mine has done this sometimes. In my case it's usually because the card/paper on the mat is not stuck down completely flat or the mat is a bit bent. I find that if I restick my card and make sure it's flat it's ok. xxsue
moansenee Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 24, 2012 8:41:47 PM(UTC)
moansenee

Crying I just purchased the E2, and my cuts are crooked... Is this a machine issue? Should I change something? Help.... Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it?
Di&Co Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:26:58 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 20796 time(s) in 5205 post(s)
Me too!
zgarrettpools6c91d05b Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:26:23 PM(UTC)
zgarrettpools6c91d05b

I am about to trhow this E2 out the window. I can not cut anything without tearing. This should be a happy time, since this was a X-mas gift, I was so exited till I've tried the machine. it is so frustrating that I am mad now. it tears up everythingAngry yuk. blade is brand new, tried so many settings Angry Angry Angry Bored Crying
Di&Co Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:08:43 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Update: After updating my machine, reformatting and a third call to PC, we figured out that I had a defective blade housing. I have a replacement bh on it's way. So glad I didn't have to send it back. I love this machine, it cuts beautifully.
ThrilledToCricut Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 4:49:36 PM(UTC)
ThrilledToCricut

I received an E2 for Christmas and have had the same issue with it ripping my paper. I am not totally new to Cricut, as I have extensively used one that a friend has. She does not have the E2, however, and so I am wondering if it is a setting. I am getting frustrated as well and am wondering if anyone has any more suggestions. I am finding the E2 difficult to maneuver and the support material lacking.
largewally205c0244 Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:52:15 AM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

I'm having this same problem....cuts while positioning! And I've tried cutting some snowflakes on various setting and every one has come out
completely torn or not cut all the way through!! I've tried various papers and they ALL do it! Going to call CS today! ughh..
Spookysnip Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:52:10 AM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 77 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I had the same problem and I got a new Blade Housing and it fixed my cutting problem.
CricutGena Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:22:41 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello everyone, if you are having difficulties with your cuts I can recommend calling customer service at 877-7cricut. We are always happy to help you!
-Cricut Gena
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:28:29 PM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

So I called Customer Service. The following is what I've had to do so far....and it's till not working!Confused
1- first I had to sync (which I did with no problems) now all 5 buttons are there on the opening screen
2 - run a Format and Restore on the E2.....this is now the third attempt at getting the format and restore to complete ---an hour and a half into it and it's still chugging along!!
When I called about the time delay on this restore, I was told that it was (1) my browser, seems Safari doesn't work the best with the Sync program and (2) it's my internet providers fault -- Time Warner is just slow during peak times!! Glare
She suggested I try a different browser -- Mozilla Firefox. Also, if this doesn't work I will have to have it connected to someone with a PC's internet connection so they can run a trouble shoot on it from there. Angry
All of this because the darn thing rips my designs up while it's trying to cut them!! Seriously....if this doesn't work it's getting returned!
Would have been easier to just go purchase a new housing and try that on my own!!!!!Glare

Oh...the other option was to cut my designs from the CCR....seems the machine cuts more effectively when connected to the CR. The reason I got this unit and not the OTHER brand is so it could be FREE STANDING!!!

Yep, getting more than a little irritated with this whole process.
Di&Co Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:29:20 PM(UTC)
Di&Co

Canada

Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello everyone, if you are having difficulties with your cuts I can recommend calling customer service at 877-7cricut. We are always happy to help you!
-Cricut Gena

Thanks Gena, I just got my new blade housing today, gonna pop it in on the weekend to make sure it works! Had great customer service!
#15 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:37:10 AM(UTC)
largewally205c0244

So after a very frustrating couple of days and many calls to PC, I called again this morning and spoke with the loveliest young lady, Stacy.
She listened patiently to my recounting of what has been wrong and the progression to the white screen of death. After talking with her supervisor, they are sending me a new E2!! Seems they decided mine was not a happy machine from the beginning!! Thank you provo craft! :)
gburhite7a738e70 Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:20:27 AM(UTC)
gburhite7a738e70

Hi There,
I have had nothing but problems with cutting with my new machine. Although new to Cricut I have tried every trouble shooting idea on earth. I see that it is recommed to call the company. I will call this afternoon.
I also see that the cutting mat should be flat. Mine came bent so this is not acceptable. I wonder if their QC department is keeping track?