Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<12345>»
1CoolMom Offline
#61 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:30:10 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
I decided to go ahead and close the swap tonight and assign partners. I will close and post partners later this evening.
 1 user thanked 1CoolMom for this useful post.
Beach_Bum on 12/26/2012(UTC)
Scrappin_RN Offline
#62 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 6:00:30 PM(UTC)
Scrappin_RN

Was thanked: 95 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Yeah! So excited to get started BigGrin
trvkladd Offline
#63 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:17:12 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
YAY! for partners...Thanks Traci~ You're awesome.

Big waves to my new partner Ronnie! So excited to get started. Anything specific you'd like on your card? Colors/style etc???

Just let me know. I'm leaving my card for you to decide. Nothing specific. I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with. Looking forward to swapping with you and can't wait to get started

{{hugs}}

~Rebecca
Beach_Bum Offline
#64 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:23:38 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Big hugs to my partner Rebecca!

As for colors or anything particular.... let your creativity flow! How about you, favorite colors, items?

I see that you have a three pack of Copics listed on your wish list... which pack? Or which colors? I color with copics too and love love love them! Love

Stickles too.... just don't put them in your hair... they don't come out well... or at all! Cursing Don't ask how I know this.... I'm just speaking from experience! After a long lecture from my hair dresser... of course this was after she almost peed her pants laughing so hard, some came out and took hair too! Crying It grows back what the heck!!!!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this swap as it is a little different and I'm really liking how these look on Pinterest!

Happy Wednesday everyone.... Rebecca I look forward to getting to know you better!!!! BigGrin

Beach Bum..... Cool

Ronnie
 1 user thanked Beach_Bum for this useful post.
trvkladd on 12/26/2012(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#65 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:41:22 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Originally Posted by: Beach_Bum Go to Quoted Post
Big hugs to my partner Rebecca!
As for colors or anything particular.... let your creativity flow! How about you, favorite colors, items?
I see that you have a three pack of Copics listed on your wish list... which pack? Or which colors? I color with copics too and love love love them! Love
Happy Wednesday everyone.... Rebecca I look forward to getting to know you better!!!! BigGrin

Beach Bum..... Cool

Ronnie

Hi Ronnie big hugs to you too~ I'm going to let you choose colors and items for my card. I will love anything you make. I only have 4 Copics and haven't used any of them yet. I just got them from Rhonda in the last Maggie Swap! Will PM you with my address. Looking forward to getting to know you as well

~Rebecca
 1 user thanked trvkladd for this useful post.
Beach_Bum on 12/27/2012(UTC)
scrappinchic Offline
#66 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:32:28 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Good morning! I see we have partners! Thanks Traci!

Big waves to you Cammi! Glad we are partners! Do you have specific colors that you would like me to use on your card? I can't wait to get started!

Have a craft happy day!
1CoolMom Offline
#67 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:01:18 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Good morning Denise. I am glad to be your partner, do you have any special requests for your card? I have already started shopping for you.

I am excited to see that everyone is ready to get moving on this one. I cannot wait to see the creations you come up with.

Ronnie, I follow you on Pinterest and have been getting a TON of SC on my wall because of your research. That makes it much easier for me because I just keep repinning what you find. LOL

Stickles in your hair...thanks for the warning.
Scrappin_RN Offline
#68 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:58:26 AM(UTC)
Scrappin_RN

Hi Jess! Excited to be your partner BigGrin , no preferences on my card colors. Any preference for yours? Hmmmmm....now to start my shopping Flapper
PennyDiGioia Offline
#69 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:29:43 PM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Hi everyone

M&K grandma we have been partnered up. I'm knew to this group so let me tell you a little about myself. I just turned 50 last month, I have been married to my bestfriend for 28 years and I have three children 23(boy), 21(girl) and 16(boy). I am a perennial grower and have been working with plants since I was 15. I am a craftaholic, I lover to color with copics ( I have over 100) I love to take pictures and scrapbook, I sew, arrange silk flowers, make beaded jewelry and I have many other obsessions. I started collecting magnolia stamps a little over a year ago and just recently found saturated canary.

I need clarification on the card we are supposed to make. Is it for our partner to use to send to someone or is it for our partner as a greeting?? Like I said I am new here.

I hope to get to know all of you soon

Penny
scrappinchic Offline
#70 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:21:56 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

No preference for me either Cammi! Have at it! I can't wait to see what you create! I have something in mind since you have no preferences!

trvkladd Offline
#71 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:23:06 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Penny~ Traci and I were just discussing this subject earlier tonight. I think we should create it for our partner to send to someone else. Traci was thinking the same thing. But I guess it really depends on what you and your partner decide. Hope this helps.

Ronnie~ I'll be making yours and sending it with a sentiment inside but no signature so that if you want to resend it you can or if you want to keep it you can. I would prefer if you didn't sign mine as well so that if I would like to resend it to someone I can! Thanks

~Rebecca
 1 user thanked trvkladd for this useful post.
1CoolMom on 12/28/2012(UTC)
Beach_Bum Offline
#72 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:30:54 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Originally Posted by: trvkladd Go to Quoted Post
Penny~ Traci and I were just discussing this subject earlier tonight. I think we should create it for our partner to send to someone else. Traci was thinking the same thing. But I guess it really depends on what you and your partner decide. Hope this helps.

Ronnie~ I'll be making yours and sending it with a sentiment inside but no signature so that if you want to resend it you can or if you want to keep it you can. I would prefer if you didn't sign mine as well so that if I would like to resend it to someone I can! Thanks

~Rebecca

No problem Rebecca... that's a great idea actually!

Ronnie
 1 user thanked Beach_Bum for this useful post.
trvkladd on 12/29/2012(UTC)
1CoolMom Offline
#73 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 6:29:39 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Rebecca, Thanks for answering Penny's question. My visit with my friend lasted until 11 pm then I still had to run to Wal-mart for cat food. Then they did not even have the kind I needed. Glare The cats had to make due with just the wet food this morning until I run to Publix. Poor kitties.

Penny, I am sorry I did not make it clear on the card for your partner. I hope Rebecca's answer helped.

Beach_Bum Offline
#74 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 9:16:48 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Hi Rebecca.... Hope you have an awesome weekend Cool We are staying home for the long weekend! We were going to go over to my brother in law's cabin on the lake in Arkansas however, weather is just not cooperating!

Oh Traci..... check out pinterest.... just finished pinning more Saturated Canary stuff!!!! It is so cool!

Happy Friday night all!

Stay warm and dry!

Ronnie
scrappinchic Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:02:48 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

I am planning to leave Cammi's card blank so she can reuse it if she wants! I hope to start on her card today!

I hope you have a great weekend Cammi!
M&KGrandma Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:59:41 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hi Penny! Nice to "meet" you!! Sorry I haven't been on lately, just have been feeling kind of crummy... and now that I slept for three hours this afternoon, I probably won't be able to sleep tonight!!!!
Wow, you're so lucky to have a green thumb! I adore flowers, but have absolutley no luck with them. I hate working in the yard, but love buying all the gorgeous things for it!! Haha!!! Bill just cringes every spring, because he knows I want to go crazy, but also that HE will be watering!!!! heehee!!
I'm 56, been married for 37 years, have two kids, Jenn is almost 35 and is getting married in September to Bryan, and Joe is 33, married to Randi and they have given me my most precious gifts, Matthew is 7 and Kaitlyn is 4!! I keep them while Mommy and Daddy work and wouldn't trade it for the world!!!! I used to be a huge cross-stitcher, but scrapbooking overtook that and now cardmaking and altering things are my passion! I love sewing, too, and used to make dolls like crazy! I've just about done it all with crafts, except for knitting and crocheting, I simply can not get the hang of it!!!
My style is vintage, shabby chic, pastels... I mostly color with Prismacolor pencils and can't get the hang of the copics. I've used them, and I know it's mostly a learning process, but am most comfortable with my pencils! Just got my son's bedroom remodeled into an art room this past year and I love it!!! Kaitlyn and I spend lots of time in it!!! She is a real budding artist!!!
Do you have any preferences as to color or style? I'll leave the inside unsigned so you can use it if you'd like! I normally don't use the cards that people create for me, I love having them on display!!!!
We are staying home this weekend as well. I hate New Years Eve, I'm such a homebody that I just like being here and going to bed when I want!! Haha!!! I think Bill's sister and her family are coming over tomorrow for our Christmas celebration, but she hasn't actually said yes or no yet. Grrrrr.... I went grocery shopping for it so they better come!!!
Ronnie, I've been checking out your pinterest board and your's too, Traci!!!! Love pinning!!!
Have a great evening everyone and will probably be back on tomorrow!!!
Hugs,
Teri
Scrappin_RN Offline
#77 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:32:15 PM(UTC)
Scrappin_RN

Hello all! Off for four great lazy days BigGrin - Jess I plan to work on your card while I am on this peaceful break. I plan to leave yours blank for you to use as you would like as well. Will be shopping for you this week as well.....already have a plan BigGrin

I have been off the message board for over a year Crying - have missed my MB family and decided to make time to come back LOL . I am a nurse - work at a children's hospital on an oncology floor - been doing that for 6 years and I love it!

Nothing big planned for New Year's just want to enjoy the day! The crazies come out here at night - ha ha!
trvkladd Offline
#78 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:31:42 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Hi Ronnie~ I won't be starting on this card till the kids go back to school on Wednesday. There's just too much going on in my house right now for me to get anything productive done! Flapper Glare Flapper

Hi SC Sisters~ Got back to my craft table for the very fist time today, haven't crafted since a couple of days before Christmas. I missed it sooooo much! Didn't realize how much till I started and then I didn't want to stop but I had too many errands to do so I had to put it away for another day! I have a lot to do tomorrow and then Monday we're going to a friends for New Year's Eve bonfire, great friends and great food. New Year's Day the kids are all coming over and we're going to have a big family dinner together. BigGrin BigGrin

Hope everyone is having a great weekend

~Rebecca
1CoolMom Offline
#79 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 6:33:09 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Good morning! I am headed out of town after church. Cannot wait to get to the new house and get painting and all that fun stuff. I may or may not be able to get online because we are not sure how the internet connection will be up there. If I am not able to log in have a safe and happy new year.
scrappinchic Offline
#80 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:15:21 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Cammi my heart goes out to you and the work you do. I know it must be challenging and rewarding all at the same time. Enjoy your days off! I hope to finish your card today. I may have a little peek for you later!

Anyone color with distress inks? I would love some tips! I am going to play with mine some more today. I really wanna learn to color with them. Love the look it gives!

Teri I am right there with ya on the pismacolor pencils. I enjoy coloring with them best. I can't get the hang of copics. The more I color with copics the worse it looks. Hoping to tackle the distress inks to give me an alternative coloring method.

Traci praying safe travels for you!

I hope y'all have a great day!
DeniseKenna Offline
#81 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:59:42 PM(UTC)
DeniseKenna

Was thanked: 164 time(s) in 129 post(s)
Hi Traci!! Excited to be your partner! I don't have any special requests, just excited to see what you make! I've been a bit MIA out playing with the kiddos since they are off. Once they head back to school, I'll be focused more. Flapper

Denise
scrappinchic Offline
#82 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:11:59 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Happy New Years Eve! I hope you all have a blessed and safe day! Any big plans? I am spending it with my family. I think we are going to play cards, eat popcorn, watch movies and enjoy each other's company! I may try to sneak in some craft time as well! Hugs!
M&KGrandma Offline
#83 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 7:08:48 AM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hope everyone has a very safe New Years Eve. I'm with you, Jess, we are staying home. Hoping to get some crafting time in today since I don't have the little guys!
Have a Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Teri
Beach_Bum Offline
#84 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 5:12:40 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Hi all my SC sisters and especially Rebecca! Happy New Year ladies!

I'm starting out the year right.... January - 2 weekend crops, February - 1 three days crop, 1 weekend crop and a scrapbooking cruise! I'm going to be scrapped out by the end of February.... NOT!!!!!

I've already placed my orders for stamps and looking forward to getting them and playing with colors.

DH and I are staying home tonight to watch movies.... guaranteed.... DH will be snoring in his chair and I will be coloring with copics when the midnight hour rolls around... we'll be doing what we love and we'll be toghether that's all that matters right?

We had some snow this morning and ice a little later this afternoon so staying home for us is the only option. I may hit the hot tub with a glass of wine, it's great when it is so cold your hair freezes!

Well my wonderful friends.... please keep it safe tonight, I hope each of you have a blessed 2013 and lots of memories to scrap about! Love

Smooches....

Beach Bum Cool
Scrappin_RN Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 5:54:53 PM(UTC)
Scrappin_RN

Hi ladies! Gearing up for my quiet New Year's Eve - hoping to take down my tree tomorrow and then get some coloring in =) I meant to share this link Simply Sassy - that is where I first fell in love with Krista's images - I have quite a few of those stamps, then was soooooo excited when she started Saturated Canary - because I could buy digi & not have to wait for overseas shipping Flapper - check it out, there are some cuties there!
scrappinchic Offline
#86 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:28:41 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Happy New Years! I hope you all have a very blessed day!

Thanks for the link Cammi! I am going to check it out!
trvkladd Offline
#87 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:53:21 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Happy New Year to all you wonderful ladies, may you all have a blessed, safe, healthy and happy New Year the whole year through. God bless you all in all you do!

{{hugs}}

~Rebecca
Beach_Bum Offline
#88 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:44:15 PM(UTC)
Beach_Bum

Happy new year!!!!!

I've gotten several pm's about my photo..... is that my DH.... which one is my DH... and so on.

I am standing between two of the greatest cooks..... The one on the left is Guy Fieri from the Food Network and the man on the right is Johnny Trigg.... the king of ribs! I met them both in Kansas City and we chatted up the weekend! I showed Guy Fieri my shrimp and grits are better than his.... and of course, there is no beating Johnny Trigg when it comes to BBQ! It was a fun weekend and of course, yes, I scrapped lots of pictures!

I hope everyone had a wonderful new years eve and a non-hangover day today!

Thanks Cammi for the link.... I'm checking it out!

Ronnie
Scrappin_RN Offline
#89 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:10:18 AM(UTC)
Scrappin_RN

Good morning all! Got called off of work today BigGrin , so needed the rest! I had an end of life patient yesterday who died arounf 11:30 last night, have not slept much since I received the call Crying, I know he is at peace and that is the one thing that brings me some joy.

While I was awake I did get to finish my card for Jess. I love it - may add some more embellishments but we shall see.

Hope that everyone has a great day! I am off until Saturday now - woohoo!
PennyDiGioia Offline
#90 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 4:21:34 PM(UTC)
PennyDiGioia

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 40 post(s)
Hi all

Just checking in. Here in CT we are having the first real cold snap of the season. This morning was in negative digits and it didn't get over 25* today. I really hate the cold and I am looking forward to spring.

Teri- I really don't have any style preference. My favorite color is green and I tend to like sparkling stuff. I am not real sure what shabby chic is-I have look at some but still can't say I have a good grasp as to how to create it.

Hope everyone is enjoying the new year!

Penny