Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Judy Ashmore Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:56:22 AM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2010(UTC)
Posts: 153
Location: TN

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Maybe someone has posted this before, but I am getting a new laptop and of course it has Windows 8.
Will CCR work on Windows 8? I sure hope so, LOL

Thanks
Judy
bootsandblingtime Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 2:06:26 PM(UTC)
bootsandblingtime

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 27
Location: San Angelo, Texas

Thanks: 84 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Judy Ashmore Go to Quoted Post
Maybe someone has posted this before, but I am getting a new laptop and of course it has Windows 8.
Will CCR work on Windows 8? I sure hope so, LOL

Thanks
Judy


Judy, Windows 8 is not compatible with CCR. I purchased several digital cartridges and cannot use them. My laptop burned up and I was forced to purchase a new one, which came with Windows 8. You cannot even purchase a computer/laptop with Windows 7 anymore. I suggest, if possible, that you keep your older computer.

I have called Provo Craft MANY TIMES regarding this issue. Their answer is basically that they are working on it. The software developers were provided with Windows 8 information at least a year ago. I have two Expressions, an Expression 2, a Gypsy, and the Imagine. I love my Cricuts but I am very disappointed that I cannot use my digital cartridges. Consequently, I will never purchase a digital cartridge again.Blushing Mad
Freda C. Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:32:13 PM(UTC)
Freda C.

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/19/2006(UTC)
Posts: 480
United States
Location: Michigan

Thanks: 362 times
Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 186 post(s)
Yes, ccr DOES work with windows 8....after your get the CCR program installed on your new computer you need to go to the icon on the desktop>right click and select Properties>Compatibility tab>Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: (Select Windows7 in the drop down list)> Lower on the page check the Run this program as an administrator> Click Apply then OK. (Screen capture attached to show you what you need to pick)

You may have to do the same thing for Cricut Sync...I'm on the windows 7 computer right now so I can't look at that setting...

Have fun...If you are new to windows 8 and are having some problems with websites loading (especially when you get an error telling you that you don't have the most recent version of flash installed-even though their checker says you do) right click on a blank(white) spot of the webpage and look at the bottom of the screen-click on the "wrench" and select "View on desktop" This will take whatever you're trying to look at back to the desktop that runs in Windows 7 mode )atleast that is what it looks like to me) but that helps you to view things without a ton of troubleshooting.

I guess manufacturers weren't prepared to deal with WIN 8...so it's a bit buggy right now. Hope this helps./

Freda

Edited by user Tuesday, December 18, 2012 3:34:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Freda C. attached the following image(s):
WIN 8 ccr.JPG
 1 user thanked Freda C. for this useful post.
Judy Ashmore on 12/20/2012(UTC)
lml50200d5c5381 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 6:11:56 PM(UTC)
lml50200d5c5381

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/15/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2

THANK YOU!!! totally worked running it as win 7.
Tuki Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:13:50 AM(UTC)
Tuki

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 12/24/2007(UTC)
Posts: 188
Location: Sunny California

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 34 post(s)
What if our options don't list Windows 7? I have Windows 8 and when I do the above mentioned, there is no Windows 7 on the list in the drop down box. Any other ideas, please!? Thank you!!
Narelle Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 4:37:30 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,970
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2034 times
Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tuki Go to Quoted Post
What if our options don't list Windows 7? I have Windows 8 and when I do the above mentioned, there is no Windows 7 on the list in the drop down box. Any other ideas, please!? Thank you!!


I'm not sure why your version of Windows 8 doesn't have a Windows 7 compatibility mode as many other W8 users have reported that they were able to do this.

What other options are there in that drop down box? If Vista or Windows XP are options you could try one of those.
Judy Ashmore Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:43:09 AM(UTC)
Judy Ashmore

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2010(UTC)
Posts: 153
Location: TN

Thanks: 14 times
Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Thank you so much Freda! I have my CCR on the new Windows 8 computer and it works fine (so far, at least)!
I really appreciate your knowledge and again thanks so much.

Judy
Tuki Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 11:26:41 AM(UTC)
Tuki

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 12/24/2007(UTC)
Posts: 188
Location: Sunny California

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Narelle, thank you for trying to help. The options that I get in my drop down box are the following:

Windows 95
Windows 98/Windows Me
Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
Windows 2000
Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)
Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)
Windows Vista
Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)

I also did add CCR and Cricut Sync to my exceptions in my Norton antivirus. I'm just becoming really flustered that I can't get either CCR and Sync to work.

Thank you again!
BarbaraLandgraf Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 5:41:04 PM(UTC)
BarbaraLandgraf

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 17

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I am having issues with CCR and Windows 8 also...I tried doing everything that Freda mentioned in her post, but CCR will still not work on my computer. It opens but does not get past the "Initializing Cricut Craft Room..." Any suggestions? Or has anyone else had the same problem? I would really appreciate any input!
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:28:22 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,970
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2034 times
Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tuki Go to Quoted Post
Narelle, thank you for trying to help. The options that I get in my drop down box are the following:

Windows 95
Windows 98/Windows Me
Windows NT 4.0 (Service Pack 5)
Windows 2000
Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
Windows Server 2003 (Service Pack 1)
Windows Server 2008 (Service Pack 1)
Windows Vista
Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)
Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)

I also did add CCR and Cricut Sync to my exceptions in my Norton antivirus. I'm just becoming really flustered that I can't get either CCR and Sync to work.

Thank you again!


As a start I'd try selecting any of the Windows Vista options.

I'd also recommend checking this post. http://uk.cricut.com/forum/cric...ONS-360.aspx#post1598187 for info on Norton. Post #22 refers to Norton and post #3 refers to Norton 360.

Narelle Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 7:33:40 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,970
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2034 times
Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BarbaraLandgraf Go to Quoted Post
I am having issues with CCR and Windows 8 also...I tried doing everything that Freda mentioned in her post, but CCR will still not work on my computer. It opens but does not get past the "Initializing Cricut Craft Room..." Any suggestions? Or has anyone else had the same problem? I would really appreciate any input!


It could also be your anti-virus program blocking it. Which one are you using?
BarbaraLandgraf Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 4:57:40 PM(UTC)
BarbaraLandgraf

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 17

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Thank you so much! I messed around with my Norton and now it's working! BigGrin
 1 user thanked BarbaraLandgraf for this useful post.
Narelle on 12/23/2012(UTC)
bootsandblingtime Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:50:12 PM(UTC)
bootsandblingtime

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/29/2010(UTC)
Posts: 27
Location: San Angelo, Texas

Thanks: 84 times
Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Freda,
Thank you so much for trying to help. I changed settings exactly as you instructed and CCR still will not run. Rebooted system and tried again. Did everything EXACTLY as your specified....CCR is stuck on "initializing". Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sheree


Originally Posted by: Freda C. Go to Quoted Post
Yes, ccr DOES work with windows 8....after your get the CCR program installed on your new computer you need to go to the icon on the desktop>right click and select Properties>Compatibility tab>Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: (Select Windows7 in the drop down list)> Lower on the page check the Run this program as an administrator> Click Apply then OK. (Screen capture attached to show you what you need to pick)

You may have to do the same thing for Cricut Sync...I'm on the windows 7 computer right now so I can't look at that setting...

Have fun...If you are new to windows 8 and are having some problems with websites loading (especially when you get an error telling you that you don't have the most recent version of flash installed-even though their checker says you do) right click on a blank(white) spot of the webpage and look at the bottom of the screen-click on the "wrench" and select "View on desktop" This will take whatever you're trying to look at back to the desktop that runs in Windows 7 mode )atleast that is what it looks like to me) but that helps you to view things without a ton of troubleshooting.

I guess manufacturers weren't prepared to deal with WIN 8...so it's a bit buggy right now. Hope this helps./

Freda


talkinscrap Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:05:38 PM(UTC)
talkinscrap

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 7/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 785
Location: ohio

Thanks: 128 times
Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 180 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Freda C. Go to Quoted Post
Yes, ccr DOES work with windows 8....after your get the CCR program installed on your new computer you need to go to the icon on the desktop>right click and select Properties>Compatibility tab>Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: (Select Windows7 in the drop down list)> Lower on the page check the Run this program as an administrator> Click Apply then OK. (Screen capture attached to show you what you need to pick)

You may have to do the same thing for Cricut Sync...I'm on the windows 7 computer right now so I can't look at that setting...

Have fun...If you are new to windows 8 and are having some problems with websites loading (especially when you get an error telling you that you don't have the most recent version of flash installed-even though their checker says you do) right click on a blank(white) spot of the webpage and look at the bottom of the screen-click on the "wrench" and select "View on desktop" This will take whatever you're trying to look at back to the desktop that runs in Windows 7 mode )atleast that is what it looks like to me) but that helps you to view things without a ton of troubleshooting.

I guess manufacturers weren't prepared to deal with WIN 8...so it's a bit buggy right now. Hope this helps./

Freda




thank you. this worked for me and I am able to use my touch screen to move images around on the mat.
Narelle Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:09:33 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/26/2006(UTC)
Posts: 10,970
Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space

Thanks: 2034 times
Was thanked: 7881 time(s) in 3690 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bootsandblingtime Go to Quoted Post
Freda,
Thank you so much for trying to help. I changed settings exactly as you instructed and CCR still will not run. Rebooted system and tried again. Did everything EXACTLY as your specified....CCR is stuck on "initializing". Any ideas?

Thanks,
Sheree






What anti-virus program are you using? It's most likely blocking CCR.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.203 seconds.
nebo-cricut-03