Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

miller.bridgete929366e Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 4:27:51 AM(UTC)
miller.bridgete929366e

Groups: Registered

Thinking of upgrading to the Expressions 2. I've seen mixed reviews and not sure if I should buy or not.
Does the expression work with digital cartridges that I already have is my biggest concern at the moment. I can't find the answer, does anyone know?
Thanks
LesleyRobertson Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:25:05 AM(UTC)
LesleyRobertson

I have the Anniversary Edition and I love it.

As for your digital cartridges, from what I've seen on the Cricut Facebook pages your digital cartridges are registered to your Craft Room account and not your machine so you can connect any machine and your cartridges will work on it.

Hope that helps
rgl1eb3b3feb Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:28:00 PM(UTC)
rgl1eb3b3feb

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I bought an E in July, to use with my gypsy. My gypsy died just after I had opened the E box. I don't recommend the E2, it is slower than my expression, the icons make no sense, I have to push the cut button 4times before it cuts. The only thing I like about this machine is it cuts better than my expression does. I would not buy this machine again, I would buy another expression machine instead, easier to use.
kimJ Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:30:44 PM(UTC)
kimJ

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I have an Expression and an E2...my "Go To" machine is still the Expression. In my opinion, if you started with an Expression (or baby bug), it is more difficult to learn the E2. HOwever, if the first machine you own is an E2, you will love it.
Spookysnip Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:22:52 PM(UTC)
Spookysnip

Canada

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 49 post(s)
I own an E2 and love it. I can see where an image will show up on the mat and exactly how big it will be before I cut (sometimes the image can be bigger or smaller than expected and I can adjust accordingly). Personally, the E2 seems less complicated than the original E. It might be because I'm used to using computers and this just seems to come naturally to me; not that it's required to be hooked to a computer. I love the colour touch screen, it makes it easy to find the images. I can even zoom in on an image if I'm not sure what it is. The E2 can also use imagine cartridges; It can't print, but it can cut out the shapes.

The E2 isn't perfect though. There is a know issue with the cutting blade and/or blade housing (Cricut support replaced both for me and it's been working great ever since).
sassyvstar7bdc6bcd Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:02:10 PM(UTC)
sassyvstar7bdc6bcd

Imagine cartridges with expression 2......cant seem to get them to layer...HELPCrying