Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6667686970>»
housefullofrotties Offline
#2011 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:07:47 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good morning~

Deb~Happy Anniversary! Glad you made it home safely. Sorry to hear about your friends being ill. Glad you were able to spend time with them. Oh boy on MIL. She's never going to change at this point in time. Sure hope you don't lose the sitter. Thanks on the invites and Raquel!

Renate~Enjoy your day off. It's nice to stay in. Hope you get everything done. Glad you have a little time on getting gifts for DS and DDIL. Maybe they're waiting to see what they get from others before they give you ideas.

Phyllis~It'd be good if things didn't slow down at all! I bet the stores are a mad house right now. Maybe you should go in the middle of the night! You're usually up anyway!! Oh, you're done! Good job!! Yikes on the power outages, our dish went out for a few hours.

Pat~Hope your days have been productive. Do you see a light at the end of the tunnel?

Blizzard Brianna brought us about 11 inches of snow. High winds and it's cold out there now. I've been battling migranes and headaches the last couple days. I did force myself to reorganize a bit in my room yesterday. I just don't know where to go with things anymore. Did come up with a little space. I'm going to try and come up with some cards ideas for this month. I've got some bananas that need to be turned into bread, a load of laundry to do and that may be about it for the day. Hope it's a good one for all!
Hello to everyone else that may stop in!

Jess
Gramma Offline
#2012 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 10:49:15 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from a cold and blustery WNY. 5-10 inches predicted over the next two days, so relieved it isn't more. Lost our power last night around 8 due to high winds...when I went to bed at midnight it was still off, but we woke up with power back this morning. I am so thankful for our generator.

Everyone is getting ready for their big days of Christmas celebration. Ours is taking place on Monday. I decided to do a rolled roast this year. Yesterday DH and I made peanut butter fudge and more truffles. Today I want to do some snicker doodle bread.

The shopping is shopped, the presents are wrapped, the decorating is done.. We're ready except for cooking and cleaning. DD and family are due in tomorrow sometime, weather permitting. Then it will be total chaos until the end of the year here.

Hope you all are well and staying warm.
Hugz,
Gramma
imnchghere Offline
#2013 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 12:26:33 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good afternoon.. it is blustery here also. Not too cold, but cold enough. I had to run a few errands this morning. Went pretty smoothly, with NO lines so to speak. I have vinyl letters to cut for the Iris boxes I bought for dgs to store his tiny Lego sets and Star Wars people in. I will do that tonight while watching mindless holiday movies on Hallmark. Getting the labels off the boxes was a PITA!!! I hope the vinyl sticks as well as those labels.

Jess, I saw how much snow you got. Jim has some extended family not far from GB and my cousin also has inlaws in Madison. We have some rain mixed with snow in the forecast for next week, but who knows what will happen by then.

Deb, Happy Anniversary again and so sorry about the issues with mil. Good to hear the tumor is shrinking though. Will continue to keep everyone in my prayers.

Phyllis, I agree that you should get some good reviews for your business. What will you be working on next? I try to keep an eye out on Pinterest for you.

Gramma, I am guessing your pkg will arrive today. Thanks in advance. I need to check on my ground unit in Afghanistan. The Navy carrier I was shipping to should be home in the next week or so. In addition to finding a new unit to ship to, I better post a Valentine theme. I apologize for being so lax.

I need to get back to my wrapping. These are the hard to wra, funky shape toys in molded plastic. I could put them in gift bgs, but I didn't have any and I am trying to use up the wrapping paper I seem to have an abundance of. Part of my continued effort to use up what I have and not buy more.

I will check back later.
RGK Offline
#2014 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 5:42:22 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello again,
Jess, I stayed home all day. It stopped snowing, only about 1.5" but messy and tonight it will be cold, my driveway will need de-icing. Laundry is done and Spritz are baked. They turned out yummy.
In our house I bake cookies ahead and we 'taste' one of each but we don't eat them until Christmas. Family tradition. I only have the coffee cake left to bake and banana muffins or bread, my bananas are ready too. Sorry about your headaches again, and hoping you feel better. Did inspiration for the cards hit you? So you made room in your room, do you now think you have extra room for something new LOL? DS and family will stop here next month before they go to his next duty station. Whatever they want for Xmas has to be pretty small to fit in their suit cases.
Pat, sounds like everything is under control. I am using my wrappings and bags too, have not bought any wrapping material this year. - Time to make Valentine cards, I plan on starting soon.
Gramma, please don't send the snow my way....! Good times celebrating Christmas with your family.
Deb, hope today was a good day for you. How did Caleb's ballgame go? I still need to do more housework, and I keep finding more things to wrap. At least the laundry and cookies are done.
Hello to all who might stop by.....Renate
Dbson Offline
#2015 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:22:33 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Evening......guess many of you saw our new family member......just could not resist her.....probably be a long night for both of us.....
Renate the ballgame is tomorrow morning but most likely we won't make it.
I have been on the phone since we got home with some family issues which are draining me of all my strength....but it won't get me down.....
Tomorrow will be a busy day for me but will try to check in....
Phyllis Offline
#2016 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 8:51:30 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. I think I'm going to have to ditch Chrome as my browser, can't log into this MB with it but Safari works. I've noticed this on other places to.

Jess, oh my on all that snow. We only got a dusting but that cold, windy and blustery. I haven't been out of the house today. If the stores were open late, I think I would be out at night shopping (DH would have to come along though and I don't think that's an option for him LOL). I'm sure you were able to find some room for all your new goodies, I always make room.

Gramma, good for you on getting all the shopping, wrapping and decorating done. Have fun with all the Christmas chaos, it's always tiring but fun. Boo on the snow prediction and power outage. Those generators are life savers, I was afraid we would need ours last night but didn't lose power.

Pat, I hate those stickers on things that are obviously affixed permanently. I have used wrapping paper that I currently have too, I always buy too much. I got two more orders yesterday but they were for ready to ship items so those went out today. I baked some Russian Tea Cakes today, they turned out great. I also made a pizza roll up type dish tonight making my own pizza dough. It made way more than we could eat. I plan on making it for our friends get together Monday night but wanted to test it out before hand. We're not having a big meal, just a few things.

Deb, hang in there, so sorry about MIL issues. I saw your new puppy on FB, she is a sweetie.

Hello to all the other queens and guests.
imnchghere Offline
#2017 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 8:59:36 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Saturday morning.. we are about to blow away here. I am so glad I do not have to be out and about. I will be thankful it is just wind and doesn't include rain or snow. They will subside later today/tonight and tomorrow will be sunny, but cold.

Deb, I hope the night wasn't too long with Gracie. Hopefully, she will settle right in and help fill the void Prissy left. She sure couldn't ask for a better home.

Phyllis, it was so funny that the other 2 labels peeled right off last night. I got the letters cut from vinyl and put on. This morning I just need to get them wrapped. I managed to find a do-able gift bag for the last *molded plastic* packaged gift and will put a tag on it also. It is just a skosh small, but will have to do. Pretty sure I still have enough wrapping paper for next year. OH and did I mention paper goods (plates, napkins, etc)??? I told Jim if he even sees me within 10ft of that stuff to make a scene in the store. In fact, I think I will be avoiding post Christmas shopping.

Renate, I have not made spritz cookies in many years. My mom used to make them though. I would love to have a cookie making day with the grands. Maybe I can try to plan that for next year. Maybe my time management can be better planned for next year also. Like NOT be purging and trashing in the fall. Even though is has been nice having extra space and knowing what I have and where most of it is. Can't wait to get back to it next month.

Jess, so sorry to read that the you are being plagued by headaches/migraines. I hope you can get what you need to, done and enjoy your time off and the holidays.

Gramma, your cards did arrive yesterday and thank you so much for the goodies. Enjoy the family this week.

Time for me to turn on the oven and make chex mix. Making a double batch and hope it is enough. We also need to get the chicken wings out of the freezer.

#2018 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 1:35:25 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Saturday!

Gramma~Sounds like you're on track to have everything done in time for your family Christmas! I know you'll enjoy every minute of the chaos!

Pat~Woohoo on the no lines while shopping! You somehow timed that right! The Madison area really got dumped on with snow! I think I'm stocked up on Christmas wrap, bags, etc for a few years. It's best not to go put and look at those after Christmas sales, it's too hard to pass up the deals. LOL at you telling Jim to make a scene!!

Renate~Hope the snow/ice didn't cause any troubles by you. I bet those cookies were yummy. I haven't made the bread yet, I should go do that when I'm done here. I'd really rather have banana bars but then I'd also feel the need to eat most of them! When will DS find out where they are going next? That extra room I made was already spoken for by the two SU! boxes I received and the bag of Quickutz goodies!

Deb~Hope the first night with the new family member went well. I think it'd be great to have a second one!

Phyllis~I've barely been out of the house since I went on vacation! If only I was more productive than what I have been. Cool that you got a few more orders. Glad your kitchen time has been going well.

Well I have my three stamp camp ideas and now need to work on a few personal projects. Doing nothing sounds so much better though! Really though, I'm going to go make that bread. Brad and Lita are at the chateau (hopefully his last weekend of hunting) so I should be getting lots done around here. Maybe I'll dust the living room while I watch football tonight. Don't anyone hold their breath. Have a happy day.

Jess
RGK Offline
#2019 Posted : Saturday, December 22, 2012 5:13:25 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening, castle mates,
Deb, how did the night go with little Gracie? Where did you get her from? Lucky dog!! I saw her on FB too, she is cute.
Phyllis, I have Chrome and it never gives me grief. Glad you keep getting those orders. Any repeat customers? We all told you you would do great....and we were right LOL.
Pat, I used to bake with my mom, sometimes into the middle of the night. Great memories. When my kids were growing up we used to bake cookies together, but now I do it alone. DH tests them and gives his approval. Hey by next year your purging will be a distant memory and you can plan a family baking day. How many more rooms do you have to go through? As I put the seasonal stuff away I also find things I can live without. I hope to have a big bag full of stuff to get rid of soon.
Jess, is your headache gone by now? I dust my way around the living room once in a while, while watching TV. It's almost relaxing. I have to be in the mood though.--DS and family are moving to Germany. Great opportunity for them, and to see how mom grew up. But, so far away. Of course I will go visit, just not as easy or cheap as traveling somewhere here.
Today it was cold but sunny. The roads are clear and the driveway is too. I did some shopping this morning, then went to visit a friend and exchanged Christmas gifts. We have a habit of not getting together for Christmas until well into the New Year, but not this year.--I'm saving cake-baking, decorating and a final wrapping session until tomorrow. Hope to take it easy tonight.
Hello to everyone else who might stop by. Stay warm...Renate
Dbson Offline
#2020 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2012 8:39:05 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Sunday morning.....

Thanks for the comments on Gracie, she is a beauty, we got her in Atalla, about 30 miles north of us...the lady had showed dogs/bred them for 43 years....we did see the parents too....we think she will be 4#'s or so....not sure about the 2nd one yet....she slept better Fri night than last night....of course I had taken so much stuff for my headache and sinus that I could have 'dreamed' she was crying.....I slept on the couch and pulled the kennel by me.....just her knowing someone was close settled her down. Think tonight will be hubby's night to babysit....

Kids will be here about 4, so after we get home from church will be a busy few hours to make desserts and get the burgers and hot dogs cooked....too cold out to grill so I will just use my electric skillet in the kitchen....chips, cokes, baked beans will have to be enough....

Sitter came by yesterday to pick up some things for MIL..appears she will be there til Mon or Tues, she has great insurance coverage, if you know where I am coming from. We do believe the bath aide is on her side and not putting her in the tub.....hence the UTI again....hubby will have to deal with the home health folks on that one. Not sure what she will do when she comes home, but I think the assisted living is the only answer since she told Howard 'we could not give her the care she needs'.....

My family (sis/her grands/bro) wants to have a meal at 'mother's house' on Tuesday so I guess we will have a small time over there.....after we go see what Austin received, there should be no one coming here.....

I have to get online, my tablet has frozen up twice and not usable since Friday morning, yesterday I was 56 in queue and 406 minutes til they could help with live chat.....I don't think so.....guess a trip to the computer store is in order for me if I can't find out what to do.

I hope everyone has a great day, will check in later.....
Dbson Offline
#2021 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 8:28:04 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Christmas Eve to all.....great time with the kids here yesterday....only DIL's son was missing. Plenty of food to go around, I sent burgers home with them as well as dessert and such. Had fresh sourdough for them too....they were happy with their money, hubby and I got some nice things....I got a necklace with the grands names, gift card to HL,etc. I loved our time together, we did get some good pics, but hubby and I aren't in any, of course.
Gracie slept okay last night, I stayed on the couch again but thinking tonight we will just cut the TV on music...she is potty pad trained so that is great for days like today....woke up to a horrible storm, more will be coming here tomorrow, also saying hail possible.....
Situation with MIL about the same, sitter is off today and tomorrow, so hubby will have to get her home if they dismiss her either day......
Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas a day early, I know we will all be busy with family, friends and food.......if on the roads, be safe......hugs to all.....
Phyllis Offline
#2022 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 1:55:45 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Just want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas Eve and Christmas. I'm waiting for friends to arrive to start our Christmas Eve eating and festivities, and, of course, opening our gifts from Santa.

RGK Offline
#2023 Posted : Monday, December 24, 2012 6:48:04 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all the Queens in the Castle!
Renate
Dbson Offline
#2024 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 5:55:03 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Merry Christmas to all, have a blessed day and treasure your time with family and friends......
Gramma Offline
#2025 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 8:44:02 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
MERRY CHRISTMAS CASTLEMATES!
#2026 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 7:55:19 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful day!

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2027 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 10:55:43 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Merry Christmas My Dear Castlemates.
It has been quite a month. I am not even going to try to comment on all that has going on, though I have seen quite a bit on FB.
Thank you for the beautiful cards. Both Christmas and sympathy - I have missed you all.
Spent a week and a half in MA clearing out my mom's place with my brother and sister. While I was up there my mom's friend and neighbor of 60+ years passed away... I was glad to be there for that. Seemed to be the way it should be....I always worried what would happen to either one of them when one passed.... my dad and George' s wife passed away many years ago. They are all together now.
Left MA and stopped in VA to shop with VA DD for Christmas (in the works for a while) and finally came back to FL....
Got my cards mailed - no letters this year.
Got gift buying done and mailed - lots of gift cards
Got the decorating done - A wreath and the "room box" (my FB banner from when I used to do miniatures!!) no tree or lights this year.
I am now on a plane to VA to celebrate Christmas with PA DD and VA DD and the grands.
Hope you all had a wonderful day with your friends and families. I for one will be glad for the new year to arrive and hope that it brings many good things for all the Queens and their families.
Joanne
imnchghere Offline
#2028 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 12:00:13 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Just checking in after a very busy Christmas Eve, full of family, food & fun, followed by a very quiet Christmas Day. Jim & I put the house back in order and enjoyed the quiet.

I know some of you saw the pictures on FB of the family and our token snow. It was so nice to watch it falling, but not accumulating. The blizzard over the midwest is heading our way, but it could end up as a rain event (starting as sleet/snow) by the time it hits us. We can be hopeful.

Joanne, hoping you have safe travels into VA. And a wonderful time.

Deb, how is Gracie adjusting? And I hope mil is doing well also. Holidays can be so wonderful, but hard as well, when health is a problem.

Holiday hellos to everyone.. Phyllis, Gramma, Jess, and anyone else who stops by or that I have missed.

Dbson Offline
#2029 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 9:51:27 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy day after the big one.....Gracie is adjusting fine, except to being in her kennel at night with the door shut. Still whines and cries, we have a vet appt tomorrow afternoon for her first checkup. She is loving on her new family, great-nieces had a fit over her, even the one that doesn't like dogs; spent a little time at my mom's house with just family, my bro is having a very hard time....Christmas was mother's fav time of year.
MIL still in hospital, dr called yesterday and said she needed to be seen by a dr today (no one working yesterday), possible bleeding ulcer....not sure what will happen when all is said and done....
Did anyone see the video online of the man receiving a new hat for Christmas? Inside was the ticket to the Bama game, went to church with him/family.....knew his face was familiar but didn't get to see the entire clip on TV, but just watched it on You Tube.....neat way to surprise him.
We had rain most all day yesterday, today it is cold and windy. No plans to get out unless an emergency comes up. I am ready to take all the decorations to the building and then one day I can put them on the shelves in order....too cold to be picky today, long as I get them off my patio.....my tablet battery finally went dead and it cut on like it should have this morning...
I am off to get on some warm clothes and get busy.....I want my house to get back in some order by weeks end......later.....
Phyllis Offline
#2030 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 1:30:51 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Happy Wednesday to everyone. We had a nice Christmas Eve and, like Pat, a quiet Christmas Day. I had to go to the PO this morning, postman tried to deliver a package and said they were sending it back by the 28th. I had not ordered anything so could not figure out what it was. Well, it was Christmas cards from one of my units being returned. It looked like he had returned home and they tried to deliver it to his home in CA without any luck. I don't know why our PO would not just leave it like they have in the past, postmaster could not give me an answer. Anyway, the box had surely taken a beating but cards were OK. It's snowing here but we're not supposed to get but a couple inches. Just 10 miles north of us are supposed to get 4-6 inches and more north of them.

Pat, I saw your pictures on FB, I love the one where you looked like you were thinking "what the heck is this ?" I will not be taking my decorations down until after the 1st. We will have Christmas with our Ft Wayne friends on Monday, that is weather permitting. They are getting dumped on with snow right now. I can't wait to get them down and out of sight until next year.

Deb, new puppies are so pitiful when they cry, she will soon adjust. Are you getting the second one? We took a movie of our dogs trying to open their presents. They get so excited when everyone is opening presents, they go nuts, they love to tear up the paper. Sorry your brother is having a hard time, holidays bring back so many memories. Hope MIL gets along OK.

Joanne, wow, what traveling you've done lately. Sorry about your Mother's friend, that's really something, them going so close together. Have fun at DD's.

Hello to the other queens, I have to get my house in order for another party this weekend and then I can relax a bit.

RGK Offline
#2031 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 5:21:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello from snowy Indy. We got 7.2", it was called a blizzard b/c it met all the requirements. I drove to work early this morning and it was just starting. It stopped about 3PM.
Joanne, glad you made it through the holidays. Enjoy your visit with your DD and grands.
Pat, you've had a busy holiday season, time to unwind before you go back to your purging.
Deb, yes, Gracie will adjust. Sure can lay the guilt trip on you though. Sorry about the latest MIL health issues.--Yes, special days make us miss our loved ones more than usual. No, I did not see the video.
Phyllis, do you mark the card boxes "abandon"? I do, it is given to someone else there if the addressee is no longer there. I've been lucky so far and always knew when a the POC of a unit came home. Glad the cards were ok. Hope your Ft Wayne friend will not get stuck, with the snow heading up North. Glad you will get time to relax soon. Our Moses had the squeaker out of the first toy in seconds. He carries the 2nd one around and guards it. DS also brought him a 'bone' that is longer than he is. He managed to drag it across the floor to the other side of the room. Too funny.
We had a nice Christmas. DS and GF came over early to have breakfast with us. DD and BF came a little later, nice dinner with all and a phone call to DS/DDIL/grandson.
I hope everyone has a good evening, hello to everyone. Renate

Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2032 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:59:51 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Greetings from a very wet VA. It has been raining buckets all day. DD calls it the Richmond Special = 36* and raining. If it is going to be this miserable just drop the temp a few degrees and let it snow.... PA DD is getting quite a bit of snow, but hopefully they will still be able to drive down here tomorrow.
Renate - funny about Moses and his presents. I love watching Sammy with a new toy especially at Christmas. How do they know which gifts are theirs?! Glad you had a nice Christmas with your kids. Enjoy your snow.
Deb -Sorry to hear about MIL's health issues and your brother's too. Hope things get better for all of you. How was Miss Gracie's visit with the vet? Sounds like she had a good Christmas!
Phyllis - glad your cards were still in good condition - will you save them until next year? Glad your dogs had a nice Christmas too!
I really think my Mom and George were ready to go and going together was just best way..... Does that sound odd?
Pat - loved your pics on FB ! Especially the one of you two with Santa! Great family pics too. Are you getting snow?
Gramma - guessing the snow in Erie will be headed toward you soon. Hope DH has his snowblower ready! Have you evicted all the unwanted tenants from your head yet?
Jess - are you still off work? Hope you are enjoying your time away from that great co worker of yours... Your niece sure is a cutie!
Have a few small things to wrap tomorrow for the grands but calling it a night....
Joanne
Dbson Offline
#2033 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:15:19 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, it is a bit cool in the south today too....34* but the few flurries of yesterday didn't have a chance.....we bundled up and got all the decorations in the building, then I got them all put in place on the shelves....now to get my house in order....
Joanne have a good time with your grands.....hope the weather improves for your family traveling. The doggie goes this afternoon for her vet check, then next is appt for grooming. Last night she had an upset tummy, had to put her in the bathroom sink to get her clean, pooey.....but she did sleep a bit better. This morning she has had sort of a bath.....the big playpen I ordered is out for delivery so that should give her much more room to have instead of that small kennel.
My friend had to carry her 13 yr old lab back to the vet this morning, she did good for a day, now she is back down again, something similar to lupus....vet had her for 4 days, but not sure she will make it.
Pat stay safe today, saw the pics on FB...boo to the snow....
Jess enjoy those days off.....
Gramma enjoy your family time too....
Renate sounds like Christmas was nice at your house too....funny how dogs are like kids with presents.
Phyllis did you get the house picked up for your next party? Sorry the cards were returned...but at least they were not damaged.
Guess I better check the bread, 5 loaves baking now....3 little, 2 large.....
MIL had a test yesterday, found a small hernia and this morning a colonoscopy...that should be fun, then will be released....not sure what the day will bring....
Hope you have a great day, need to get ready for our hair appt, a few errands, vet and something for supper.....tomorrow and Sat will be my house work days too.....
Phyllis Offline
#2034 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:54:36 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone.

Renate, I don't mark the boxes "abandon", never knew about that. I just heard from my other unit's Mother that they are home also, so right now I don't have any units. I haven't received that box back yet. She didn't say when they came home. I heard you where getting quite a bit of snow. We were on the border, got about 2 inches.

Joanne, are you still in VA? Hope you're having a good time. Yes, I'll save the cards for next year.

Deb, sorry about Gracie being sick, probably adjusting to food and environment. The new play pen should help. Sorry about your friend's dog. Cody is 11 now and I think about his limited years left. He is still pretty active and doing well.

Pat, safe travels to VA.

Hello to everyone else.

I've got to get weekend plans together and still need to get out and finish up my friends gifts. I should do that today before another snow storm comes.

#2035 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:00:43 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Hope everyone is doing well!

Joanne~Safe travels to you. It sure has been a busy, and I would guess emotional month for you. I hope you're enjoying your time with family. Hope PA family made it in safely. The dogs have good sniffers, that's how I think they know which presents are for them!! I am still off work and a bit sad about the fact that I'll be back soon.

Pat~Glad you enjoyed your family Christmas and the quiet time that followed.

Deb~Glad to hear Gracie is doing well and sorry to hear your brother is not. Goodness MIL is sure having a lot of health issues. I hope they are able to get things under control and you and Howard can get her some full time care. I didn't see that video of the Christmas gift. How fun for him! Hope all went well with Gracie at the vet. Sorry to hear about your friends pup. That makes me sad.

Phyllis~Bummer on the cards being returned, but glad they made it back safely. It sure doesn't make sense that they wouldn't have left it with someone but they must have their reasons. Will keep my fingers crossed that the weather doesn't cause a glitch with your plans with friends. Ha ha to the dogs opening their presents! Lita doesn't so that anymore.

Renate~So glad you got home from work safely. I don't like the feeling of having to watch the snow come down, hear about the bad roads and know that I'm eventually going to have to drive home in it! Glad Moses enjoyed his gifts!!

I haven't done nearly the amount of things that I've should have done while I've been off. This happens every time. I have read a lot. A few hours ago Lita suddenly got a droopy eye so we're a bit scared. She seems really tired. She can move around fine and is eating. Brad had plans to go to the chateau with a friend and go snowmobiling for a few days so he was real hesitant to go. Lita seemed a bit more perky so we're hoping she's ok. I'm going to stick around here with her just so she's not alone. I did get three stamp camp ideas together but haven't done any prepping. When I'm done here I'm going to try and get my VDay card idea together and get those out of the way. I also need to come up with an idea for bridal shower thank yous. It never ends!! Have a great evening!

Jess
RGK Offline
#2036 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 7:12:04 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening all,
Joanne, did it stop raining yet? Can you imagine how much snow that would translate into? Hope PA DD got there alright. Moses has always loved his squeak toys. He uses them when he is stressed. He grabs his favorite toy and squeaks it for a good 15 minutes. Somehow makes him feel better.--Your Mom and George going so close together...thinking it was the best way does not sound odd at all. It is rather a sweet thought after they had been friends for so long...
Deb, glad your decorations are put up. Mine will stay up a little longer since they have not been out very long. --Poor Gracie, holidays can be hard on the pups. Sorry about your friend's lab...Was the bread for the vet and MIL's doctors? Sorry she had more issues. I hope the rest of the day went well.
Phyllis, will you look for another unit? The total snow amount was 7.5”, and we should be getting another 1.5” tomorrow into Saturday. That is almost as much as we had all last winter. Hope the gifts are done and wrapped.
Jess, I know the feeling about the snow and what will wait for me outside. As long as everyone around me behaves we all get home safely even if it takes a little longer. It makes me nervous when someone rides close enough to climb into my backseat. I had one of them yesterday on the way home, he was so antsy and finally swung around me and ended up right next to me at the traffic light.--I know you don't feel like you got the most out of your days off but you also needed some rest, and enjoyed your reading. Hope Lita is ok, did she have to go to the vet?
This has been a weird week with the holiday and snow days. One more day and the weekend will he here. Archiver's has a clearance sale...hmm. I got a gift card for Christmas and coupons and will visit this weekend. The house needs cleaning too, and laundry, and and..
Hello to the rest of the castle..Renate
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2037 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:37:19 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Good Evening Castle.
Stopped raining and the sun was out all day. PA DD and family made it down with no problems except for a lot of traffic. Guess everyone waited a day to travel what with all the snow and rain. Have all my chicks within arms reach :) it sure is nice!
Deb - hope Miss Gracie is feeling better. I know Sammy got the colliwobbles a few days after we brought her home. The vet said it was very common due to the change in food. He gave her some meds and she was fine in a couple of days. Glad you got your decorations put away. Since I didn't put much up it won't take me long to put them away. Hope all goes well for MIL
Jess - hope Lita is okay. Did Brad end up going to the Chateau? I never felt like I got everything accomplished on my time off either. Seemed like it was always crammed with "other stuff". I hope you got quality "down time" though.
Phyllis - are you ready for your company? Hope you have a good time!
Renate - Happy shopping ! I have never been to an Archiver's. sounds like a place I need to go :)
Hello to Pat who is nearby I think??? And to Gramma too.
Joanne
Dbson Offline
#2038 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:36:30 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Morning, won't add 'good' as it is getting worse here and I am going to stop there. We can use all the prayers you can send up. I have read the postings, hope everyone has a great weekend, safe travels if on the road and I will check in later.
RGK Offline
#2039 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 4:46:29 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening,
Joanne, you're so lucky to have all your loved ones 'within arm's reach'. Enjoy! Yes, you do need to check out Archiver's for yourself. Hope you'll like it.
Deb, my prayers are with you and family. Hang in there. Hope Gracie feels better. Pups have delicate stomachs...
Sad to hear Ret Gen Schwarzkopf died. He was a great American!
I'm doing my second load of laundry. Picking up stuff around the house. I hope my energy lasts a little longer at this time of the day.
I stopped by at A's today after work. A customer had dropped off a bag of cards she made. The 'A' lady said the customer just loves to make cards and when A's told her about CFS she brought the bag in for me. I don't even know her. It was so sweet of her to do that.
I better go tend to the chores....hope everyone is doing well. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2040 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:30:59 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Saturday, we are trying to get MIL into assisted living, she agreed yesterday to go, but it is a process that is frustrating...she has a treatment this morning since she missed 4 due to holiday/hospital...thank goodness for the sitter....she has been a blessing.
Off to clean, puppy is doing pretty good, she whined and cried several hours during the night, had to get up twice to calm her down, guess she finally tired out and slept....she is a lap baby.
Have a great day, will check in later.

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:31:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified