Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Soshescraps Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:03:55 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1108 time(s) in 878 post(s)
I need opinions please... I have just spent the last few hours packing up my scrapbook room. IMO, scrapbooking is no longer enjoyable. Somehow, I have managed to collect way to much stuff. I've out grown my stuff and it is too big of a hassel to sit down and create. Most of the time spent is looking for stuff. As organized as I would like to think I am, I'm not! My room is about a 10 by 10. I've done everything I can think of to get creative with the stuff but simply can't.

With that said, I am not selling anything but just taking a much needed break away from it all. In order for me not to feel guilty having the stuff sitting collecting dust, I am packing it all up and putting it in storage. It is a sad day but I feel it has to be done. When scrapbooking becomes stressful it is time for a change.

So, what do you guys think? Am I doing the right thing or going too far?

Thanks in advance!
LindainWA Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:18:04 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 552 post(s)
I have been where you are and a break is what you need. But is packing it up and putting it in storage really necessary? Maybe just close the door and come back next week and see how you feel.

For me it was making myself creative things that I didn't want to do just to show that I was using what I bought/have. I used to make cards to sell and finally said enough! I rarely make cards now. Scrapbooking is my first love and that is what I have finally realized. Making books, home decor, gifts, etc is really great, but I just get too stressed out so don't do that much anymore (although I have about 8 mini albums that I really need to finish up). I was also stressing out about all the carts I have (300+) but figure that I will use them someday and want to have the special cut when I need it. Besides, I worked hard all my life giving to my family first and taking care of everyone else that I feel it's my turn. I am retired so am able to scrap whenever I want which makes it really nice. Don't get me wrong, my family still comes first but since it's just DH and I, no one will be upset if I don't clean the house today or even make dinner.

Years ago, I sewed all of our clothes included DH's and boy's jeans, etc that I finally burned out on that hobby. I have since tried to get back into it but there is nothing there in my creative barrel for sewing.

I hope that storing your stuff will give you the break you need to come back with all your juices flowing.

Linda
 5 users thanked LindainWA for this useful post.
sweetpea1030 on 12/28/2012(UTC), Soshescraps on 12/28/2012(UTC), Annabella on 12/29/2012(UTC), gma on 12/29/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC)
kimJ Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 8:31:11 PM(UTC)
kimJ

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I agree, sometimes you just have to walk away....but, I wouldn't put anything in storage yet. Just shut the door and stay away until you feel ready to start again. DOn't put pressure on yourself...scrapbooking is supposed to be a "fun" hobby"...don't stress!
 3 users thanked kimJ for this useful post.
sweetpea1030 on 12/28/2012(UTC), Soshescraps on 12/28/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC)
sweetpea1030 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 9:02:51 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Was thanked: 1605 time(s) in 1020 post(s)
When it got that way for me, I decided to spend my time only on what I really enjoyed. For the last 3 or 4 months I've done nothing but color. I love to color. It's relaxing.

I want to make cards. For the last three years, I've been working on making cards. One day I was so frustrated I wanted to throw it all away. My cards suck dirt. I have yet to achieve a card I would ask anyone to pay for. I just don't have it.

Since I've been only coloring, I'm much happier. It's amazing how it works. Is it possible for you to tone it down just one something that you really enjoy. We have so much stuff I believe we feel it's a waste if we don't use it all the time.

I have also cut way back on my use of the MB. Rather than relaxing with a cup of coffee or glass of ice tea, I was bracing for whatever the storm had brewed up since my last visit. Of course, it also gives me more time to color.

Don't know if this helps you any. But it is working for me.
 1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/28/2012(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 9:05:37 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
It sounds too extreme to me but then I Scrapbook when I am stressed, it is very relaxing to me.

What was the reason that you even began Scrapbooking? Does that reason no longer exist? I do like a change from Scrapbooking and I will make Cards. I love doing different techniques that I learn from the MB or Online. I will do the techniques and not even complete a project, just play with the techniques. I am part of a group of 5 and we all decide to do a particular technique and see what each person comes up with, it's fun and can be really interesting Laugh Laugh

Maybe you have set goals or accomplishments for yourself, just do what you want, when you want. You do have the Luxury of having your own Craft Room even if it is 10 x 10, some crafters have to set up and tear down every time they want to craft. If you feel over whelmed by what you have, then down size. You can pack up some of your supplies and tools and then bring them back in 6 months or so, it will be like you just went out and got some New supplies BigGrin

I really hope you don't decide to pack up everything, just leave it in your craft room and shut the door for a couple of months.
 2 users thanked Calmom for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/28/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 9:21:11 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
It sounds too extreme to me but then I Scrapbook when I am stressed, it is very relaxing to me.

What was the reason that you even began Scrapbooking? Does that reason no longer exist? I do like a change from Scrapbooking and I will make Cards. I love doing different techniques that I learn from the MB or Online. I will do the techniques and not even complete a project, just play with the techniques. I am part of a group of 5 and we all decide to do a particular technique and see what each person comes up with, it's fun and can be really interesting Laugh Laugh

Maybe you have set goals or accomplishments for yourself, just do what you want, when you want. You do have the Luxury of having your own Craft Room even if it is 10 x 10, some crafters have to set up and tear down every time they want to craft. If you feel over whelmed by what you have, then down size. You can pack up some of your supplies and tools and then bring them back in 6 months or so, it will be like you just went out and got some New supplies BigGrin

I really hope you don't decide to pack up everything, just leave it in your craft room and shut the door for a couple of months.

I started scrapping October 2010 when a friend invited me to crop nights at our Church. I thought it would be a great way to meet members of our church and fellowship. In the beginning it was fun but I didn't do it often. Then in December 2010 my grandfather died, He was more like a father to me raising me since I was 3 once my parents divorced. That hit me really hard. So I started scrapbooking daily to deal with the pain of losing him. Since then I have managed to accumulate so much stuff that it is overwhelming. Not so much with machines and cartridges just all the paper, embellishments and other stuff.

When I look in magazines and online at all the beautiful projects I run out and buy more stuff because I like the way the projects looks.

At first, I had to run out to the store because I didn't have a piece of black paper, or pop dots, now I can't find anything because I have too much. So far, I have packed 7 crates of paper and 3 crates of cartridges.

Hopefully, DH will feel sorry for me and give my room a makeover BigGrin , He can paint is a nice calming color and add some shelving in there and give me something to feel happy about again.

Let's all cross our fingers!
garagesaler Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 10:23:01 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2498 time(s) in 1997 post(s)
Maybe you just need a scraper rom makeover. Maybe if your DH paints it and you organize it together, it might be a great space to be in. Maybe you could just make a home dec project for it to get started. I know I have so m y supplies it gets overwhelming sometimes. Sometimes, seeing how people organize their rooms helps too. I know I have so many carts that I got rid of the boxes a long time ago. That saved me a lot of space. I hope you give yourself some time to think about what you'd like in your room to help you be organized and creative. I scrap in my living room and it has taken over to the dining room too.Blushing I think the scrapping supplies just multiply at night when we are asleepLOL .
 2 users thanked garagesaler for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/29/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Jrcreate Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:28:02 AM(UTC)
Jrcreate

United States

Was thanked: 155 time(s) in 134 post(s)
It is really sad that you want to stop crafting! You make some beautiful items and you always have something positive to say on these boards! I used to love scrapbooking also but then my mom passed away and I had four grandchildren in rapid succession and I got very overwhelmed. I felt like I had a new chance with the grandbabies but it quickly overwhelmed me. I do not have a single scrapbook for the grandkids and I felt really guilty about it and it made me want to give up also!I just forced myself to get over the guilt! I just don't scrapbook...I make a page here and there if I feel like it but I do other crafts and join swaps on this board so I can get ideas. I just recently started to feel like putting a "book" together. I hope you just put it away for awhile and come back to it but you must do what you feel is best for you! Good luck!
Jeanene
 2 users thanked Jrcreate for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/29/2012(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 1/3/2013(UTC)
MissAnn Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:26:48 AM(UTC)
MissAnn

United States

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Listen...er...read...we as moms, grands, wives, ...women have always put too much pressure on ourselves! After teaching with a young lady for 4 years she decided to go back to college to be a lawyer! We were so close she called me her second mom. I had a lot of pictures of our 4 years together so I decided to make a scrapbook for her. That's how I got started! My sons were in middle school when I started on their baby books. I stressed because I didn't have the same pictures of one as the other. I made myself a nervous wreak! When I finally finished, they loved their books and never said a word about their pictures not being the same. My husband got tired of scrapbook stuff in the bedroom, so he built me a room in the basement which I had to share with the furnace and hot water tank! I am a window person, but did not have a window. I made myself sick by looking at other rooms that were large with windows and curtains....that Chrismas my sons bought me a TV with built in DVD player! I decorated my little room and thanked God for my blessings! This fall I started moving into a larger room. I painted it pink first bought more JetMax cubes as in the first room, and started moving into it. I was overwhelmed with how much stuff I had! I found stuff I had forgotten about! I still have not finished moving and both rooms are a mess and I still don 't have a window, but, I am thankful for having a room to call my own! We are going to have highs and lows. Don't throw in the towel. We all understand and we all have your back! I lost my mom and have not been able to scrapbook her. You take some time to figure out how you want to redesign your room, pick out the paint, laugh at yourself for all your supplies you don't have to buy for a long time!
 2 users thanked MissAnn for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/29/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC)
jenny dennis Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:03:46 AM(UTC)
jenny dennis

Was thanked: 15885 time(s) in 3838 post(s)
I think everyone feels like this at some point I'm with the others maybe putting everything in storage may be going to far if you are going to have to pay for a unit, maybe just taking a break and getting rid of some things would help. I have been having this same problem , I am on vacation until the 2nd and I kid you not have spent the last 7 days cleaning out things rearraging and my DH built me a counter top with a frame and shelves for my machines for less than 100.00$ Oh my what a difference this has made if I can figure out how to post pic I will.
I have promised my self not to buy any thing else for awhile (hubby says good luck with that one). So maybe a break, purge, little redo would help I hope so, take care.
 4 users thanked jenny dennis for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/29/2012(UTC), garagesaler on 12/29/2012(UTC), Gadget girl on 12/30/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:15:50 AM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

You ladies are giving me such wonderful advice. I think that purging is a great way to start. Maybe I should put away things I have not used and probably won't use anytime soon. Today I have been browsing online for scrapbook organization ideas and furniture. The key is finding the right fit for my room. I love the color but really need to make the room my own, sorta speak. It was our computer/home office then I turned it into my scrap room. I didn't get a new desk, pictures or anything. A desk with some drawers would be nice, I'm thinking a wall unit would help with some of the organization issues and just get rid of things I don't use. Plus since I am really not a card maker I need to not try and make cards. On rare occasions I may make a home decor project or personalize a gift for someone, but I really need to put those things aside.

What is important is that I document my family history and have fun.

I'm just wondering if right now is a good time to make the changes. I've packed up 7 crates of paper and 3 crates of cartridges. Both my E1 and E2 machines and cuttlebug. Hopefully if I clear everything out and take a visit to ikea, I can get my creative juices flowing again BigGrin

Thanks guys your the BEST friends ever!!
 3 users thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
garagesaler on 12/29/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC), mlharrell on 1/2/2013(UTC)
KimberlyMaehrer Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:56:15 AM(UTC)
KimberlyMaehrer

United States

Was thanked: 5562 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
If you spend most of your time looking for stuff, then you are not organized but instead you are CONTAINERIZED! You should try Tiffany Spaulding's Get Organized Challenge at The ScrapRack. She teaches you how to use the four section system: Alphabets/Numbers, Rainbow, Themes, Calendar/Seasons. There is a new challenge starting on January 15th. You do NOT need to buy a ScrapRack to do the challenge. A lot of people make do with what they already have.

Maybe it will help you.

Kim M.
Selena Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:09:39 AM(UTC)
Selena

Was thanked: 384 time(s) in 308 post(s)
I just want to say, DON'T STOP! I love your creations, advice and insight. You inspired me to decorate the dollar-store cake carriers---I did 10 for Christmas. Before that, I had never walked into my local dollar store; you opened my eyes to the possibilities.

So on that note, I understand if you've in a slump and want/need to stop for a while. But please come back and know that you're appreciated and your stuff is awesome :)
 2 users thanked Selena for this useful post.
RoseK on 12/29/2012(UTC), rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC)
MissAnn Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:31:02 AM(UTC)
MissAnn

United States

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Family history is correct! That's what scrap booking is all about! I try to keep my camera handy to capture moments of our lives. You sound inspiring now! We would love to see your new room when you finish. I know it's going to take a while and you take your time! We are here for you!
 1 user thanked MissAnn for this useful post.
rhondah* on 12/31/2012(UTC)
cricutjunky Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:48:01 AM(UTC)
cricutjunky

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 111 post(s)
If you love scrapping or crafting in any way you shouldn't stop, but if your overwhelmed because it takes you too long to find stuff you need, then get rid of the stuff! don't bog down your room with too much stuff! Lighten the load, maybe get rid of things you might have two of, do you really need so much paper! so many Carts! It's easy to buy stuff just because you think it's pretty and some people spend too much time buying rather than creating. Re-organizing is great, but then your spending time and money again. If nothing else maybe pack up the stuff you seriously don't think you'll use anytime soon, that way you can clear out some stuff from your room, but still have it later. I once took a break for a couple of weeks because I had no desire to create anymore, so I just stopped going into my craft room, after those couple of weeks, I really missed it and now i'm back in the swing. Good Luck to you whatever you decide.
Calmom Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:53:34 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
We are just not going to let you give up, for our own selfish reasons, maybe LOL LOL We all love your creations and would really miss them and you.

May I suggest searching the MB, there are so many Members that have posted Pics of their remodeled Craft Room and very affordable too. I have used so many of the ideas myself.

Whatever you do, keep your Cricut Machine out, it is too valuable of a Scrapbooking, Card Making and Crafting Tool to put in storage. This is the Tool that I use more then anything else.
Scrapperdee Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:10:23 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4173 time(s) in 2393 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KimberlyMaehrer Go to Quoted Post
If you spend most of your time looking for stuff, then you are not organized but instead you are CONTAINERIZED! You should try Tiffany Spaulding's Get Organized Challenge at The ScrapRack. She teaches you how to use the four section system: Alphabets/Numbers, Rainbow, Themes, Calendar/Seasons. There is a new challenge starting on January 15th. You do NOT need to buy a ScrapRack to do the challenge. A lot of people make do with what they already have.

Maybe it will help you.

I was just going to post the same thing - Tiffany's challenge is great (although you wouldn't know I tried it last year based on the look of my space). The bit of organizing/purging that I did manage to do, really got me wanting to scrapbook more. OH and if you do facebook, she has a facebook page and people constantly have new ideas on how to store & purge stuff. scraprack org challenge on facebook

I scrapbook as a stress relief and a way to reconnect with friends. If I didn't plan monthly scrapbooking sessions, I'd never see my friends - even though our lives are crazy busy, for some reason, we manage to squeeze in 1 Saturday a month to scrapbook (and eat and chat).

I'd be leery of putting everything away, because I need it for stress relief.

Good luck

Edited by user Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:12:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

GrammyCris Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:51:24 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 535 post(s)
A year or so ago I went through the exact same thing, so I took a break for a couple of weeks then went back in with some new resolves....ORGANIZE! PURGE!

Instead of trying to scrapbook start trying to get organized so you can find what you have....if you have too many papers and embellishments that you know in your heart will not be used by you then purge it! Give it to homeless shelters for families, give it to schools...it will get used!

There are many, many ways to organize that don't cost an arm and a leg....just start! As long as that is your only goal at the moment you will not feel overwhelmed, you will begin to feel like you are accomplishing something! Then after you get organized, stay organized! Don't go shopping for more until you need it, not want it.

My biggest problem was looking at all the layouts and cards and wanting everything I saw....eventually I had to admit I wasn't going to make those items....

If you make your stash simple, clean and organized you will have fun once again. Nothing can destroy the fun more than not being able to find anything.
 1 user thanked GrammyCris for this useful post.
scrapluvnsherry on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Maxluv Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:17:33 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 481 time(s) in 368 post(s)
Lots of good ideas you have been given here...i was, and i say was because i haven't been shopping in weeks, accept for food. I have way to much stuff, I do Freecycle, so have given away lots of stuff, mostly clothing but then some craft things as well..but not my Cricut stuff, certainly not my card stock,lol...but other things that i've seen other people doing and i just knew id try it and well didn't. My daughter likes to organize, but she hadn't time to come help me, but this past month she got me some Besta units from Ikea and now i'm getting orgzanized..actually today she and her husband are out there in my living room putting up some units, that I will be able to store some things in, well lots of things in...so i said all that to say instead of putting your things in storage, like someone else said donate some of it. Sounds like you need to get some storage and get organized, i have a unit in my craftroom that is nothing but papers, then i have another with my Cricut stuff on it. I bet once you get organized you'll feel much better about doing crafting.
Cricutgirlg Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:47:01 PM(UTC)
Cricutgirlg

Was thanked: 426 time(s) in 303 post(s)
You've got some sound advice here, so I'd say focus on what's been shared and what you've mentioned and reorganize your room and use the wonderful storage items that Ikea has to offer. I lost my father this Feb and I was suffering from a serious illness, so I took a break from scrapbooking, for a person that scrapped daily this was unusual, but it worked for me. Good luck and I'm sorry for your loss.
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 9:48:16 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1598 time(s) in 1475 post(s)
I don't think I can really add much to what has already been said. I think that if you really have too much stuff, then PURGE by all means! Especially if you have stuff you don't think you will use. Then ORGANIZE what you do have and try to keep the expense to a minimum. Once you purge, you'll find space you didn't have previous that will be used. It seems that with crafting,or anything else,we never get done with organizing.

I definitely wouldn't put everything away out of sight out of mind though. Just give it a little time and work on the purge and organize for now. Then once that is done, you may have an all new outlook on things! I actually have all of my stuff packed up in anticipation of moving. It is awful! I miss it soo much. But had to do it because of selling house. And it is a maybe to move. Just don't know where things are going right now.

GOOD LUCK!!

jeanae edwards Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:30:04 PM(UTC)
jeanae edwards

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 16 post(s)
I don't stop in here very often, but happened to see your post. I followed your blog link because someone mentioned cake carriers.

First let me say, no wonder you are burned out! Honey, you have been BUSY. This time of year, a lot of us crafters are feeling the exhaustion from the big holiday push to get things done. Before you do anything, or make any decisions about your scrapbooking, take a break and read a book. Or take long walks. Whatever (other than crafting) relaxes you. Maybe a step back can actually give you some peace. Then purge if you need to. It's always inspiring to get your stuff organized.
 1 user thanked jeanae edwards for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/30/2012(UTC)
♥Carol♥ Offline
#23 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:31:19 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2765 time(s) in 2202 post(s)
I totally understand how you feel ... been there before myself (more than once). Taking a break is a good idea. Purging is a good idea. Donating what you honestly don't believe you will be using is another great idea ... there are so many wonderful places to donate the supplies you are not likely to ever use again (like your church, schools, senior centers, youth groups) ... they would enjoy your unused items and put them to great use. Having a yard sale to help reduce your inventory and make a little cash at the same time, is another good idea.

Box things up if you feel you need to ... it would give you the chance to re-vamp your craft room with a little makeover. Sometimes having a new space to work in (or re-vamped space) helps to energize our creativity and gives us new inspiration and enthusiasm.

However, I'm not sure I would go so far as to put your boxed items into storage, that just seems too permanent. For me, when I put something in storage, I do it because I don't believe I will have any use for it anytime in the forseeable future ... and that means very possibly YEARS and maybe even never!

Give yourself a break, take the pressure off. There is no need to stress and feel guilty that you are not creating at the moment. Allow yourself some time to breathe. Just because you have something, doesn't mean that you have to use it all right this minute. Your desire to create will return ... when YOU are ready.

In the meantime ... go slip into something comfy, get a cup or glass of something soothing to drink, turn on your favorite radio station or TV show, snuggle into a comfortable place and ... RELAX!
 1 user thanked ♥Carol♥ for this useful post.
Sandy Offline
#24 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:11:09 AM(UTC)
Sandy

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 5997 time(s) in 2460 post(s)
When I feel this way I try to find a scrapping group of women and attend their scraps one a month for awhile. This always gets me back into the mood eventually. Creative Memories Consultants have crops once a month and local LSS's do too. I just take my cricut and cut out things that I know I will use and join in the talk and make new friends.
 1 user thanked Sandy for this useful post.
BarbaraTravis Offline
#25 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:12:10 AM(UTC)
BarbaraTravis

Was thanked: 231 time(s) in 178 post(s)
I've been where you are. Didn't craft for a long time, probably 6 months or longer but I still bought stuff. I had so much stuff I was embarassed and overwhelmed.

A couple months ago we had new carpet for the house installed, had to empty all the rooms so that the carpet could be put in. I vowed that 50% of what left my scraproom was not coming back. I used this opportunity to give things away.

It worked for me. I gave away tons of stuff, it all fits in my room and is organized. I no longer buy things spur of the moment. I have to think of at least 3 ways to use whatever I am considering buying before it comes home with me.

I took an online class that talked about kick starting creativity. A lot of that class talked about organizing. Here is the link if you are interested. I love these classes and have taken several.

http://www.onlinecardclasses.com/

I also make lists of what I want to do. It gives me a sense of accomplishment to work through those lists I make.

I hope you find something that works for you and will be able to enjoy yourself again.

Happy New Year,

Barbara

1 user thanked BarbaraTravis for this useful post.
SouthernVintage Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:15:47 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 713 post(s)
I haven't read all comments (but will come back and do so), but I feel the same way at times. My scrap room is also the 'catch all' room with a treadmill, baby bed (used for visiting grands), a futon which is used for a bed at times and all of my scrapping items. However, things are not real organized and I, too, spend a lot of time searching. One of my goals for 2013 is to get it all either organized, sold or trashed (lots of scraps). It is so discouraging to go in and not be able to find something right away. I have walked out frustrated many times. One thing that helps me is to stop scrapping awhile and do an altered project. They are really fun and make great gifts. Sometimes, I even walk away for days and go back refreshed. There are so many things I want to make that I think just the thought of it all overwhelms me. I know I will never be as good as many others are, but I try not to let that stop my creativity (isn't that what 'lifting' is for?) after saying all of this, I do hope you will not store everything away but just walk away for awhile and go back renewed in a few weeks. My best to you and your decision.BigGrin
 1 user thanked SouthernVintage for this useful post.
ShawnMosch Offline
#27 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:33:10 AM(UTC)
ShawnMosch

Was thanked: 854 time(s) in 292 post(s)
I agree with others that a make over will help the room feel like your own relaxing retreat. While you are purging, instead of just throwing away things you don't think you will use you could contact a local school, community center, church or nursing home to see if they would like a donation of your no longer wanted craft supplies.
 2 users thanked ShawnMosch for this useful post.
Soshescraps on 12/30/2012(UTC), ArcadiaFLNative on 12/30/2012(UTC)
Soshescraps Offline
#28 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:19:05 PM(UTC)
Soshescraps

United States

You guys have given me such great advice. Hubby and I are out shopping for new things now. Trying to figure how to maximize my space which is rather small.

I'm going to give purging and reorganizing a try !!! Hope it helps!
 2 users thanked Soshescraps for this useful post.
ArcadiaFLNative on 12/30/2012(UTC), Sing&Scrap on 12/30/2012(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#29 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:51:58 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1464 time(s) in 1167 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Soshescraps Go to Quoted Post
You guys have given me such great advice. Hubby and I are out shopping for new things now. Trying to figure how to maximize my space which is rather small.

YAY for you!!!!! I'm glad that you are not packing everything up.

My craft room is one of those catch-all rooms, too, but at least I have a room that I can shut the door to that can catch things.

And besides that, my poor machines will have a month off, as we will be out of town, unless my two DD's that live here decide to use them. I will miss my bugs while I am gone.

GOOD LUCK with your makeover!!!
Mary R. Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 3:24:32 PM(UTC)
Mary R.

United States

Was thanked: 497 time(s) in 349 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Soshescraps Go to Quoted Post

Good luck to you and thanks for posting this topic.

Since mid-October I have not felt like crafting and was wondering if I was the only one this happened to I lost all interest in crafting & didn't make Thanksgiving or Christmas cards this year. I couldn't understand why when a few months' ago I was so gong ho to start my Christmas cards using A Quilted Christmas' cartridge along with my other Christmas carts.

Family members all made comments as to why they didn't receive a 'special Christmas card' this year I explained I decided to take a breakBored .

In addition to losing my mojo, a sibling I live with took any creativity I may have had away. She wanted me to make 'Christmas Tree cards' for everyone. HuhHuh ! I have this wonderful cartridge with sooooooo many images and you want me to make a christmas tree only.... I was planning on making a Santa Card, A Sleigh Card etc. I was so taken aback and sad I went into a further funk. Rather than fight with her because she is the best Sister a person can have, I told her I wasn't in the mood to make cards this year. She was disappointed and asked me to make her a Christmas Tree card which I did. She was the only one who received a handmade card.

Then, after having the blues, I go to the stores and see all these adorable Christmas cards which are clean, simple, yet beautiful and realize, I'm no card maker....further crushing my mojoSad . The only good thing from this 'non-interest' is, I didn't spend one penny buying crafting items this year. I'm shocked all those great discounts and I didn't buy one thing.

After reading all these posts, I'm hoping I get my mojo back soon.

Have a 'Happy New Year' everyone.

Best,

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 3:33:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified