Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Gadget girl Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:20:24 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

Groups: Registered
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 424 time(s) in 184 post(s)
I own an Imagine, a create, a gypsy, a cameo silhouette, a grand calibur die cutting machine and a cuttlebug die cutting machine. I even went to the Texas Stampede in 2010, and was the only Brit there that travelled from the UK especially for such an event. I love all my machines and object to the fact you are not allowing us to talk about other machines and anything except Cricut/PC stuff on the message boards.

I don’t know what you think this will do to how we buy and use your machines but it doesn’t make me want to use them any more by you saying this. I go onto the Message boards to link with like minded folk and to swap ideas and get their opinions on the items they use whether it is PC items or not.

When you sued Make the Cut and stopped the use of SVG’s on your machines it was a step backwards in my opinion. You stated at the time you would allow us to be able to use SVG’s with the CCR but have not found that to be the case so far. Why didn’t you just team up with Make the Cut and develop the software they had. I am sure it would have been a better software than is now as I have problems connecting to it with having to be online all the time. My internet is not that stable or the software. Please bring back the desktop version.

Please develop your IMAGINE machine do not forget it and that is where you are best to compete I think. No one has a machine like that and we love it. Despite it not doing all that it was advertised to to.

Other companies do digital please do not concentrate on that. They do it far better and I don’t think you will win unless you go the whole hog and let us design on it as well.

Concentrate on the cartridges that produce the layered decoupage images like Santa’s Village and Bucanneers. No one else does this and we love them in the UK.

Please concentrate on what you are best at and keep in touch with us ordinary folk not just the circle. We don’t want to lose you.

Please leave comments and let PC know how we feel

Wishing you and all Cricut lovers the best of NEW Years. XX

Edited by user Monday, December 31, 2012 5:20:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

21 users thanked Gadget girl for this useful post.
DBCMC on 12/29/2012(UTC), hippi on 12/29/2012(UTC), Annabella on 12/29/2012(UTC), oldcole3c36d2eb on 12/29/2012(UTC), Shadow on 12/29/2012(UTC), nightmare/fan on 12/29/2012(UTC), ScrapJunkie on 12/29/2012(UTC), MandyM on 12/29/2012(UTC), Ang on 12/30/2012(UTC), Ann on 12/30/2012(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 12/30/2012(UTC), batdorff1c0de06f on 12/30/2012(UTC), Diba906 on 1/2/2013(UTC), LynneF on 1/2/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 1/2/2013(UTC), Jennifer on 1/2/2013(UTC), Demention on 1/3/2013(UTC), Shelly on 1/23/2013(UTC), FootballMom on 1/23/2013(UTC), JustJudi on 1/23/2013(UTC), KellyS on 1/24/2013(UTC)
DBCMC Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 6:44:44 AM(UTC)
DBCMC

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1598 time(s) in 919 post(s)
Thanks for a well thought post!
Happy new year!
 1 user thanked DBCMC for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 12/29/2012(UTC)
Annabella Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 7:19:38 AM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)

I'm behind you 100%!!
 1 user thanked Annabella for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 12/29/2012(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:05:10 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 304 time(s) in 266 post(s)
I agree!!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 12/30/2012(UTC)
MrsT Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:09:00 PM(UTC)
MrsT

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Brilliant post, I agree so much
 1 user thanked MrsT for this useful post.
nightmare/fan Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 1:45:08 PM(UTC)
nightmare/fan

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 265 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I also am in total agreement!
Jeanne
 1 user thanked nightmare/fan for this useful post.
ScrapJunkie Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 8:47:18 PM(UTC)
ScrapJunkie

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Well written. Thank you. I haven' t been on this board in months (sad to say) and I see many others are not here anymore either. After reading your post I am understanding why so many have left. I miss our old boards from a few years ago. So many crafters, sharing a plethora of ideas. It has changed so much. I'll come back to visit but I can't imagine it will ever go back to what it once was.
 1 user thanked ScrapJunkie for this useful post.
Ang Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 12:49:42 AM(UTC)
Ang

Was thanked: 237 time(s) in 164 post(s)
Susan, Thank you for putting into words what so many of us are thinking - well posted
 1 user thanked Ang for this useful post.
Gadget girl Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 5:26:54 PM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

I do like the fact you dont have to be connected to the computer to use the Cricuts. Once its up to date thats it. Thanks Susan
Gadget girl Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:29:35 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Just wish Pc would take notice of what was said on the Message Boards. Cursing
 1 user thanked Gadget girl for this useful post.
Diba906 on 1/2/2013(UTC)
Soo Online
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:48:07 AM(UTC)
Soo

United Kingdom

Was thanked: 197 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Just in case PC is reading this thread - I'm going to say that I don't agree with everything in the OP. I've also got an Imagine (love it), an Expression (love it), my little Cuttlebug and LOTS of cartridges (physical and digital). I had a Gypsy - but I don't use it any more as I prefer the Craft Room. So I definitely agree with the PC love. :)

But - I don't have any issue with PC not hosting discussions on competitive products on these boards. There are other places where I'd look if I want to read about other products. I come here to talk about Cricut.

Second, I really want PC to continue to develop the Craft Room and love being able to access the digital images. I hope they keep expanding this side of the business.

Just really wanted to point out that PC have a lot of different user types out there - and it's a balancing act to keep us all happy. But however you use your Cricut -- happy crafting!
 1 user thanked Soo for this useful post.
lizpaper on 1/28/2013(UTC)
Gadget girl Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:40:37 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

I just find it very frustrating that some people can get on the CCR without any problems and it doesnt even open up for me. I would love to be able to design with it and buy the so called cheaper digital format but there is not point cos I wouldnt be able to use them. I just dont think its the way for PC to go when there are other things they are far better than any other company at. I love my Imagine and wish we could be getting more carts for it like Buccaneer etc. I love the decoupage ones. As I said prevously I dont always want to be online all the time either.
Shadow on 1/24/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:25:41 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Soo Go to Quoted Post
Just in case PC is reading this thread - I'm going to say that I don't agree with everything in the OP. I've also got an Imagine (love it), an Expression (love it), my little Cuttlebug and LOTS of cartridges (physical and digital). I had a Gypsy - but I don't use it any more as I prefer the Craft Room. So I definitely agree with the PC love. :)

But - I don't have any issue with PC not hosting discussions on competitive products on these boards. There are other places where I'd look if I want to read about other products. I come here to talk about Cricut.

Second, I really want PC to continue to develop the Craft Room and love being able to access the digital images. I hope they keep expanding this side of the business.

Just really wanted to point out that PC have a lot of different user types out there - and it's a balancing act to keep us all happy. But however you use your Cricut -- happy crafting!

Ditto from me! BigGrin
Gadget girl Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:35:29 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

Dont think Cricut read any of the posts on here or rarely anyway. Dont seem to make much difference what we say unless its in the negative. They never seem to notice the positive or comment on it anyway.
Narelle Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:05:55 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gadget girl Go to Quoted Post
Dont think Cricut read any of the posts on here or rarely anyway. Dont seem to make much difference what we say unless its in the negative. They never seem to notice the positive or comment on it anyway.

That's because this messageboard is for us to chat to each other. Even though the CS reps have been posting here a bit more lately it isn't and has never been a customer service tool.

The fact that you brought this back to the top to me seems like you just want to stir the pot a bit more....

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
craftieoma on 1/23/2013(UTC), CricutMallie on 1/24/2013(UTC)
FootballMom Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 3:54:47 PM(UTC)
FootballMom

Was thanked: 517 time(s) in 411 post(s)
I have had lots of problems with CCR too, plus I really, really like my Gypsy and that's what I prefer to use. I don't want to be tied to CCR and the computer. This is WHY I got my Gypsy and my machines and cartridges. I want to know what's happening with the Gypsy too since you can't buy them anywhere and if you do find one they want an arm and a leg for it. My G is having some problems now and I will be frank I will be lost without it. I have the Imagine too and just love that thing. We need PC to support everything!!! It's dumb that we can't use other softwears with our Cricuts, it's dumb that they are pushing CCR, PC always pushes the lastest thing they come out with and forget about the rest. We all have different needs and different tastes of what we like, support us all please!!!!

Originally Posted by: Gadget girl Go to Quoted Post
I just find it very frustrating that some people can get on the CCR without any problems and it doesnt even open up for me. I would love to be able to design with it and buy the so called cheaper digital format but there is not point cos I wouldnt be able to use them. I just dont think its the way for PC to go when there are other things they are far better than any other company at. I love my Imagine and wish we could be getting more carts for it like Buccaneer etc. I love the decoupage ones. As I said prevously I dont always want to be online all the time either.

1 user thanked FootballMom for this useful post.
Shadow on 1/24/2013(UTC)
MJ Scrapper Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:48:01 PM(UTC)
MJ Scrapper

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Quote:
Cricut has lost its initial market as a stand alone machine

I am not interested in using my Cricut online. Funny that in their initial advertising Provo Craft stressed the convenience of a stand alone machine. I bought the Gypsy because I wanted to be able to WELD letters, but I don't even use that much because I just want to pop in a cart and cut something and not fiddle around. I see PC pushing their digital products and it makes me leery....

Edited by user Wednesday, January 23, 2013 9:50:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gadget girl Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 10:59:21 AM(UTC)
Gadget girl

United Kingdom

I am not stirring things just trying to get machines working how PC said they were to work originally. I dont want digital stuff or downloads as said prevously. These machines were originally advertised to be stand alone machines so that we didnt have to connect to the computer or internet. It would be nice if we could get the same chance as The US to buy physical carts and accessories from cricut.com that is all I have ever asked for. I have written and email to PC and just get their default answer and they do not listen at all. Susan
JanieW on 1/28/2013(UTC)
MaryStillman Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:46:07 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1241 time(s) in 788 post(s)
CCR is dicey for me also. I don't want to turn off my firewall/antivirus to use it and I don't like spyware. As I have said before, I hope it is not PC's policy to tell people to turn off their firewall/antivirus so they can use CCR.

I have a gypsy and really enjoy using it with the mini and have bought several digital carts. When the gypsy breaks, I realize I'll have to say goodbye to the mini and the digital content and just use DS with the little personal cricut, and my other machine that uses downloaded digital content. Because of that, I usually only buy digital if it is on sale.

My wish list would be for PC to develop a client only installed program like CCR that would be free for a basic software program (like Silhoutte has) or a small charge for a "designer" upgrade (the ability to weld and maniuplate cartridge content). But, I don't see this happening unless users were getting hacked from having to turn off firewalls, and PC was forced to do so.

I do understand how CCR can be a problem for a company to run as an online software program. So much depends on what the client's end (that would be us), our operating system, firewalls, antiviruses, etc. Considering all that, PC has created a pretty great online product for people who are able to use it, or don't mind turning off their firewalls and antiviruses.

Mary

scrapalette Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 2:32:50 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18943 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
You only have to turn off your firewalls or anti-virus programs to install CCR. And only have to turn them off if you don't want to add the CCR files to the exceptions in your program. But, not every anti-virus program requires you to turn it off or add the exceptions.

You don't have to leave your antivirus program off when you use CCR, just installing {if it's blocked}.
Demention Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:28:45 PM(UTC)
Demention

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 18 post(s)
I really appreciate reading everyones concerns and comments. I kinda find myself in a unique position at the moment. I stepped away from crafting for a while and I am now looking at coming back to it. I have my two original expressions and I HAD an Imagine. After doing some research recently I ended up selling the Imagine because over the time of my absence there were no beneficial developments with the Imagine, all I heard about was people having a lot of issues with their machines. AND now provocraft is discontinuing the unit all together..

I even unloaded my YUDU machine. I couldn't find anything awesome about that machine either..

I LOVE my Cricut I have created a lot of awesome items with my machines. But I am kinda gun shy right now when it comes to dealing with ProvoCraft. My Imagine was 500 dollars I picked it up at launch. And I have to say all of the possibilities were kinda fleeting to me, the cartridges weren't even that great and I could never find them any where.. All of the difficulties I have with updating my items and the difficulties in using some of the software.. I am kinda to the point that IF its this difficult to use someones product I will go else where.

I know why ProvoCraft doesn't want us talking negatively about their items or talking about other items. They want this message board to represent all that is positive in the Cricut world. When someone is looking for a die cut machine and they look at this board and read the replies they want people to see everyone enjoying the product.. Not complaining because XYZ doesn't work.. But to be fair.. It's not all perfect in the Cricut world to me and apparently to a lot of other users. I see people unloading their machines on craigslist all of the time. I wish ProvoCraft would do more then just release some peppy reply from the President that things are in the works.. But in the last 4ish years I have been dealing with the company they haven't..

So that leaves me with either staying with ProvoCraft or going to another company.. All companies will have their own issues I am sure. But this maybe the direction I am heading.. Saying enough is enough with PC and using what I have until it breaks and then selling the rest. All the while looking at what else is out there that will suit my needs better. Idle posts and emails about being dissatisfied do not seem to matter here. When they see their profit margins start to suffer because sales have dropped. Then they will make the necessary changes to compete with other companies.

1 user thanked Demention for this useful post.
Gadget girl on 2/18/2013(UTC)