Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<12345>
glorysmommybaabeec0 Offline
#61 Posted : Saturday, November 03, 2012 1:09:29 PM(UTC)
glorysmommybaabeec0

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 1 post(s)
For whatever it's worth, I was having the same incompatibility with Craftroom and Avast and pinned down the precise process and shield. If you're not comfortable disabling all of your antivirus while running, you can create an exception for CCRBridge.exe specifically in Avast's "Behavior Shield".

1. Open Avast's control panel.

2. Click "Real-Time Shields" to expand the selections under there.

3. Click "Behavior Shield".

4. Click "Expert Settings".

5. On the left hand side of the window that pops up, click the "Trusted processes" tab.

6. Click the browse button in the selection window and browse to CCRBridge.exe, (probably found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room\CCRBridge.exe, but could vary slightly depending on your installation).

7. Click OK and close out the multitude of windows you've opened up following these instructions.

8. Craft room should work now.

Cheers.
 6 users thanked glorysmommybaabeec0 for this useful post.
mkraynovic79e793b5 on 11/11/2012(UTC), Jaybee on 11/13/2012(UTC), karenharrison60dba03737 on 11/22/2012(UTC), bearcatnat on 11/26/2012(UTC), kathy5b699989 on 12/16/2012(UTC), angiehache9369c37180 on 1/27/2013(UTC)
marcydooley814def5d Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2012 10:28:52 AM(UTC)
marcydooley814def5d

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LauraEbeth Go to Quoted Post
What is your anti-virus. I called this morning, and she kinda helped me get mine up and running again by changing some settings in my Norton 360.

• Ensure the customer has added / allowed all of the following items to their Firewall:
• Cricut Design Studio (only needed if using CDS)
• Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
• CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder)

and then, this video can show you how to allow exceptions
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-jzNKtY3z0

Mine was fine until I upgraded to Norton 360....then I just got the initilizing screen.....
Tried to add exception but Norton wouldn't allow me to configure. I finally contacted support at Norton and they installed a different version of Norton 360 because apparently the most current version is NOT compatible with Windows 7. I didn't even need to add the exclusion and CCR works...no problems. Very happy after being frustrated for sooooo long!

Edited by user Friday, November 09, 2012 10:33:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked marcydooley814def5d for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/9/2012(UTC)
christinebaronak Offline
#63 Posted : Saturday, November 10, 2012 11:10:18 PM(UTC)
christinebaronak

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm having this same problem. I called Nortons and we did everything and to no avail it is still not working. I have a pc and windows 7 and nortons 360. It is not the firewall or windows firewall as I allowed cricut and the craft room to both.

It is very fustrating.Mad
mkraynovic79e793b5 Offline
#64 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 2:26:45 AM(UTC)
mkraynovic79e793b5

A huge "Thank You" to glorysmommybaabeec0 who posted the how-to directions for getting this Cricut Craft Room software to work with the Avast firewalls/antivirus! (I'd hug you if you were in person --you've made my weekend!)

I've spent two days, tried two different computers, two different browsers, and was growing increasingly irritated with the entire situation. I was planning on calling the IT support tomorrow if I couldn't figure this out.

Thankfully, a Google search brought me across this thread and y'all were kind enough to talk about your complaints. This issue really needs to be put into the FAQ for the software because so many people are having the SAME problem with DIFFERENT anti-virus software. Really, the Provo Craft/Cricut IT people need to get this posted so they will have fewer angry customer calls. BigGrin
 1 user thanked mkraynovic79e793b5 for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 11/14/2012(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#65 Posted : Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:41:36 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8023 time(s) in 4685 post(s)
Originally Posted by: marcydooley814def5d Go to Quoted Post
Mine was fine until I upgraded to Norton 360....then I just got the initilizing screen.....
Tried to add exception but Norton wouldn't allow me to configure. I finally contacted support at Norton and they installed a different version of Norton 360 because apparently the most current version is NOT compatible with Windows 7. I didn't even need to add the exclusion and CCR works...no problems. Very happy after being frustrated for sooooo long!

Marcy - Would you mind sharing which version of Norton 360 wouldn't work with CCR? I am going to be due for updating Norton 360 very shortly and I would rather not have to go through the hassle!

Had you updated to any "8" versions of anything; e.g., Windows 8, Internet Explorer 8 or 9, etc.!? I don't think anyone has Windows 8, as yet, but I'm not sure and wondered if you were using Windows 8?

As I have stated many times on here, I have been using IE, Windows 7; 64-Bit AND Windows XP (two computers) with my Expression and MINI. I have NEVER had many problems in CCR....the only problems I've had were minimal and nothing to get excited about. I also use NORTON 360, but it was a version installed two years ago (I liked the deal of two years vs. one year). I'm getting very nervous about having to update to a newer version.

TIA.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, November 11, 2012 11:45:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MonaLArmstrong Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2012 8:14:01 PM(UTC)
MonaLArmstrong

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 329 time(s) in 176 post(s)
I found this post and did what it said and now my CCR works!

http://www.cricut.com/fo...OU-USE-NORTONS-360.aspx

Hopefully this will work for you!
 1 user thanked MonaLArmstrong for this useful post.
Jaybee Offline
#67 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 8:57:38 PM(UTC)
Jaybee

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Thank you,Thank you glorysmommybaabeec0.It's working YAA!!!!!!!!!!!
 1 user thanked Jaybee for this useful post.
earthstarlight91597d52 Offline
#68 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:32:20 PM(UTC)
earthstarlight91597d52

I have this problem after my computer crashed. my computer is working grat now, but CCR stalls syaing INITIALIZING CCR. called cricut support they said it was a Norton problem and to call them.
kckid68 Offline
#69 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:45:29 PM(UTC)
kckid68

United States

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 32 post(s)
I had this happen when I was using Mozilla Firefox as my browser. I changed to google Chrome and it started working fine.

Pam
karenharrison60dba03737 Offline
#70 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:08:41 PM(UTC)
karenharrison60dba03737

Many many thanks to you glorysmommybaabeec0 you are a true genius and a wonderful person. Finally I can get back into CCR........joy.
XXX
jell.e.bear30869246 Offline
#71 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 4:28:09 PM(UTC)
jell.e.bear30869246

Originally Posted by: glorysmommybaabeec0 Go to Quoted Post
For whatever it's worth, I was having the same incompatibility with Craftroom and Avast and pinned down the precise process and shield. If you're not comfortable disabling all of your antivirus while running, you can create an exception for CCRBridge.exe specifically in Avast's "Behavior Shield".

1. Open Avast's control panel.

2. Click "Real-Time Shields" to expand the selections under there.

3. Click "Behavior Shield".

4. Click "Expert Settings".

5. On the left hand side of the window that pops up, click the "Trusted processes" tab.

6. Click the browse button in the selection window and browse to CCRBridge.exe, (probably found at C:\Program Files (x86)\Cricut-Craft Room\CCRBridge.exe, but could vary slightly depending on your installation).

7. Click OK and close out the multitude of windows you've opened up following these instructions.

8. Craft room should work now.

Cheers.

I followed these directions and they worked for me! Thank you so much!
baconmbib4ac61bdc Offline
#72 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:02:50 AM(UTC)
baconmbib4ac61bdc

I am a New Cricut customer with a bit of computer and crafting experience I must say there is clearly a problem with trying to connect with the Cricut Craft Room. I was able to sync and update firmware on my new expression 2 which, I just received today 11-26-2012. However, I am unable to connect with the CCR I also, went to the Windows 7 compatability web sight and it is only credible using the software Design Studio. So, what's up I did not have any problem setting up the firmware however, I am receiving ERROR messages when attempting to download PC program at the CCR sight.
jenny_11127b3490fa Offline
#73 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 6:22:23 PM(UTC)
jenny_11127b3490fa

Originally Posted by: Cricut Lisa Go to Quoted Post
Give it a try now. You should be able to log in. Please contact our customer service department at 1-877-727-4288 tomorrow morning if you continue to have trouble accessing CCR.

Cricut Lisa

I am not having any luck getting into the CCR Cricut Craft room for a week now. Just found this forum, and cant get past the initializing screen where it just spins around and round. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it thinking it was my computer, wish Id of seen this first. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CricutGena Offline
#74 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2012 9:02:23 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jenny_11127b3490fa Go to Quoted Post
I am not having any luck getting into the CCR Cricut Craft room for a week now. Just found this forum, and cant get past the initializing screen where it just spins around and round. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it thinking it was my computer, wish Id of seen this first. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Jenny, Usually you can fix this issue by managing the exception on your antivirus program. Please add these programs to your antivirus exceptions: • Cricut Sync
• Cricut Craft Room
CCRBRIDGE.EXE (this needs to be added from both the Cricut Sync program files folder and the Cricut Craft Room program files folder
Once these have been added you should be able to log into your account just fine! If you are still having issues please call Customer Service at 877-7cricut.
-PCGena
dallen83c3be40 Offline
#75 Posted : Sunday, December 02, 2012 9:41:13 AM(UTC)
dallen83c3be40

RE:HANGING AT INITIALIZING
Just found the solution to the hanging at initializing on my Windows 7 computer. I'm running Norton's 360 antivirus software.
I found this YouTube video. It solved my problem. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-jzNKtY3z0
After adding the Cricut folders to the exception list, mine worked perfectly. You might try that. I don't know what antivirus you are using, but there would be a similiar setting in all of them where you can add folders to the exception list.BigGrin
midred5b0bdbb Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:55:15 AM(UTC)
midred5b0bdbb

I am using Bitdefender and have tried everything but cannot intialize the programme. GrrrrrAngry
MargaretMiles Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 5:48:29 PM(UTC)
MargaretMiles

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Im using McAffe and Windows 8. Am I out of luck? Thanks in advance for your replies!
Narelle Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 7:21:40 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MargaretMiles Go to Quoted Post
Im using McAffe and Windows 8. Am I out of luck? Thanks in advance for your replies!

You should be able to get it to work by:

Running CCR in Windows 7 mode and also as an administrator.

And adding CCRBridge.exe and Cricut-CraftRoom.exe as exceptions in McAfee.
 2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
tracielynscottbbdd6906 on 2/22/2013(UTC), karenquigs629740b0d on 9/26/2013(UTC)
kaschuett4132ab53 Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2012 12:22:34 AM(UTC)
kaschuett4132ab53

If you have BitDefender Anti Virus Software please read post #57 by CherylG. Her version of BitDefender was different than mine but I read through her post and added the two .exe programs to the "Exclusions" tab. I added the two files and it worked perfect! After multiple tries of loading and unloading, reading blogs, posts, etc. her solution fixed my problem of "initializing" the Cricut Craftroom.

tegtmeyer21053efcee82 Offline
#80 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2012 10:49:56 PM(UTC)
tegtmeyer21053efcee82

I am noticing the "stuck at initializing" issues were from 2-3 months ago. I seem to be experiencing this issue currently. I just started using CCR on 11/4 and was working fine for me, but now I can't seem to find a fix for it. I've tried all the previous suggestions. Is anyone else having problems?
jilld.dare5fcb1dc2 Offline
#81 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 11:44:14 AM(UTC)
jilld.dare5fcb1dc2

I am completely mystified. I have been trying to make this software work for over a month and a half, off and on. I say off and on because every now and then I get so frustrated with it that I have to walk away for at least a week or risk throwing my tower out the window.

I am a long-time computer user with a fairly high level of experience and expertise. I build computers. I built mine. I know how these things work. The problems in this program are systemic, and needs immediate attention.

I have done the following in an effort to make this program work:
  • Added exceptions to Avast antivirus behavior shields
  • Modified permissions in ZoneAlarm firewall to allow unrestricted access, both incoming and outgoing (not strictly safe, but I've tried it)
  • Set the program to run with administrator authorization
  • Used the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" feature, and set the program to run as though running under Windows XP SP2
  • Uninstalled, reinstalled using build 151, and did every single thing again

Nothing has worked. None of it.

I will be calling Cricut Customer Support today. In the meantime, though, if anyone knows what to do, please post it. This has gotten completely out of hand.
bill61b75d2c95 Offline
#82 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:06:23 AM(UTC)
bill61b75d2c95

Originally Posted by: jilld.dare5fcb1dc2 Go to Quoted Post
I am completely mystified. I have been trying to make this software work for over a month and a half, off and on. I say off and on because every now and then I get so frustrated with it that I have to walk away for at least a week or risk throwing my tower out the window.

I am a long-time computer user with a fairly high level of experience and expertise. I build computers. I built mine. I know how these things work. The problems in this program are systemic, and needs immediate attention.

I have done the following in an effort to make this program work:
  • Added exceptions to Avast antivirus behavior shields
  • Modified permissions in ZoneAlarm firewall to allow unrestricted access, both incoming and outgoing (not strictly safe, but I've tried it)
  • Set the program to run with administrator authorization
  • Used the "Troubleshoot Compatibility" feature, and set the program to run as though running under Windows XP SP2
  • Uninstalled, reinstalled using build 151, and did every single thing again

Nothing has worked. None of it.

I will be calling Cricut Customer Support today. In the meantime, though, if anyone knows what to do, please post it. This has gotten completely out of hand.

Ditto, except that I am using Symantec and have called support, they said it was the security software providers' problem, but after seeing this forum that is BS.Angry

bill61b75d2c95 attached the following image(s):
Symantec pic.jpg
CricketCMV Offline
#83 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:55:13 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8023 time(s) in 4685 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Please check these minimum requirements for your computer. The Craft Room program is currently running properly and you should be able to log in if you meet the minimum requirements below:
Windows
•Intel® Pentium® III 1GHz or faster processor; Intel Pentium 4 2GHz or faster
•Microsoft® Windows® XP Home, or Professional with service pack 3 (including 64-bit editions); Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise (including 64-bit editions) with Service Pack 2; or Windows 7 (including 64-bit editions)
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Mac OS
•Intel Core™ Duo 1.83GHz or faster processor
•Mac OS X v10.5, v10.6, v10.7
•512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
•Available USB Port

Display
•Minimum 1024 x 768 screen resolution

Software
•Internet Explorer 9.0, Firefox, Safari
•Flash 10.3 and up
•Adobe AIR 2.7 and up

Internet
•Broadband connection (Satellite broadband and dial up are not supported)
•1.5 Mbps Downstream, 896 Kbps Upstream
•Free Cricut.com account

Also, please check that you have update your Craft Room to the latest version and that Adobe Air is installed and up to date.

-PCGena

Gena - Can you clarify something for us, here?

I have, on occasion, told users they might need to check their Screen Resolution, since I thought it might affect what they're trying to do in CCR, so I'm glad to see the DISPLAY information there.

I had never seen the FLASH 10.3 and up in the requirements before. Is this ADOBE FLASH? I was thinking about this the other day and wondered if ADOBE FLASH works with Adobe Air. SO, I THINK IT'S IMPORTANT A LOT OF OUR USERS TAKE NOTE OF THIS AND MAKE SURE THEY HAVE THEIR ADOBE FLASH activated. Adobe Flash can be turned off and we're not aware it's turned off.

If you go to TOOLS (when you're in your internet browser), check the FLASH OBJECT and make sure it's turned on.

Can you clarify that this is what is alluded to when you state in the requirements: FLASH 10.3 and up?

Thanks for clarification. If what I'm saying above is correct, this might help a lot of users.

Char

Edited by user Thursday, December 13, 2012 10:58:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nleews17cefc64 Offline
#84 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 7:50:52 PM(UTC)
nleews17cefc64

Holding down "CNTL" while opening CCR really worked for me. Thanks
elevinstbfaa20ce Offline
#85 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 6:21:15 AM(UTC)
elevinstbfaa20ce

3 months after the last post and still cannot get off initializing. Think it is time to get a refund on Cricut Mini as it is useless. I have tried everything that has been discussed. When if ever is something going to be done?
kathy5b699989 Offline
#86 Posted : Sunday, December 16, 2012 12:53:44 PM(UTC)
kathy5b699989

It would be super cool if the Antivirus tips were mentioned in the FAQ or Installation troubleshooting for Craftroom. I uninstalled and reinstalled about 5 timesMad, used a plethora of very bad wordsAngry, and considered many evil deeds Cursing . As I do software and computer support for a living, it shouldn't have been THIS hard to figure out.

Now, on to cutting.

LOL
malloryp.cole3fb77e21 Offline
#87 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:25:41 PM(UTC)
malloryp.cole3fb77e21

I just had the same issue... could having Windows 8 be the problem?
Narelle Offline
#88 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:37:09 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7817 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Originally Posted by: malloryp.cole3fb77e21 Go to Quoted Post
I just had the same issue... could having Windows 8 be the problem?

If you have Windows 8 you have to run CCR in Windows 7 Compatibility mode and run it as an administrator.

Right click on the CCR icon on your desktop, select Properties, then the Compatibility tab.

Make the two changes in the box below.

You may still have to add CCRBridge.exe and Cricut-CraftRoom.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program.
JenniferGreen5 Offline
#89 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 11:48:44 AM(UTC)
JenniferGreen5

I was having the same issue, of just inititalizing. I read the thread below, and someone posted this earler version. I took out the current one, and downloaded this version, and it worked. Hope this helps someone!

http://craftroom.cricut....Cricut-CraftRoom_151.exe
 1 user thanked JenniferGreen5 for this useful post.
dwallace0230c79895 on 12/30/2012(UTC)
sewtutucute0dd64b8e Offline
#90 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 2:49:04 PM(UTC)
sewtutucute0dd64b8e

I got the cricket mini for a christmas present from my mom.

I have been working on getting this stupid thing to work for a couple of hours. Finally found tips on here. Disabled my Avast antivirus and held down the ctrl button worked to get the stupid thing to finally start running.

I really hope this thing is worth all the headache and that using it from here on will be hastle free!