Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cali_anna_20988e0ac36 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 3:39:29 PM(UTC)
cali_anna_20988e0ac36

Groups: Registered

This is my first time on the forum.

I absolutely love CCR however before CCR came along, I had already purchased by Gypsy and linked my cartridges. I read that PC was working on a way that we can link Gypsy to CCR but that was quite a while ago.

Although I love my gypsy, since CCR I rarely use it. I will take it with me if I am going to be waiting in a doctors office or the DMV and need something to do with my time while, however my eyes are old and the screen is so small. Thats why i just love CCR. It's so much more easier designing on my computer at home. I can even hook up my pc to my big screen tv and design on my television. Love my big screen too!!!! I really would like to link my cartridges to CCR because I hate pulling out every cartridge when i need to use it.

Also, what would really be cool is an iPad app for CCR.......

I hope someone will have some good news regarding linking my cartridges from my gypsy to CCR.

Ana
nancyh Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 4:13:54 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 648 time(s) in 486 post(s)
Unfortunately they have not come up with a solution for linking the gypsy-linked carts to CCR yet. I too am waiting for this. I do still use my G, but I also use CCR and it would be nice to have them all linked to ccr as well.

I have Ds too, but since it takes so long to open now I don't use it as much as I used to. But whenever I do, I use my juke boxes with it.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 5:59:15 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Until PC gets the process to link your Gypsy linked carts to CCR as well, you can always design in CCR, export as a .gypsy file and use your Gypsy to cut. A bit of a pain but if you've used multiple carts in the design or have your carts stored elsewhere, it's worth it.

If it's just a few carts or your carts are at hand, just insert when prompted just like with DS or when using the Cricut alone.
cali_anna_20988e0ac36 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 6:19:47 PM(UTC)
cali_anna_20988e0ac36

When I purchased my gypsy I received a cartridge bundle and dont have 5 of the cartridges received from PC in this bundle. It's really sad that i cannot link them to CCR. I have a hard time working with my Gypsy due to the screen being so small. I like to be able to view the entire work space and not able to do this with Gypsy. I wish I could uninstall my cartridges so I can link them to CCR.
tracyowens Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:32:38 PM(UTC)
tracyowens

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I must be out of the loop as I have been in school full time so I haven't been crafting as much. So are you saying because I have linked my cartridges to my gypsy that I can not link them to the CCR?
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:54:31 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
Originally Posted by: tracyowens Go to Quoted Post
I must be out of the loop as I have been in school full time so I haven't been crafting as much. So are you saying because I have linked my cartridges to my gypsy that I can not link them to the CCR?

Yes. Something that happens when you link your cart to a Gypsy {which keeps the cart from being linked to another Gypsy} is blocking the linking to CCR and a workaround has not been found.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 11:05:11 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 2044 time(s) in 993 post(s)
It's been almost 2 years since CCR was introduced..... that says to me that linking my Gypsy-linked cartridges to CCR isn't a priority to PC! I spent a lot of $$$ on PC products; and, I really feel they have abandoned the early adopters!

I am just very glad I had the sense to realize early on that it's a big crafting world out there....... filled with companies that stand by their word!

tracyowens Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:01:09 PM(UTC)
tracyowens

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
that is very unfortunate. I have to say I am very disappointed that I bought and linked over 70 cartridges that are now unable to be used in the CCR. I guess PC is forgetting their older customers who supported their products by not allowing a gypsy owner access to the cartridges that I PURCHASED in CCR! Mad Not very happy!!
sewnmachine Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 2:06:14 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
Until PC gets the process to link your Gypsy linked carts to CCR as well, you can always design in CCR, export as a .gypsy file and use your Gypsy to cut. A bit of a pain but if you've used multiple carts in the design or have your carts stored elsewhere, it's worth it.

If it's just a few carts or your carts are at hand, just insert when prompted just like with DS or when using the Cricut alone.

Scrapalette,

This sounds very appealing to me. So...... I design away on CCR, then do I save the .gypsy file and then use Cricut sync to retrieve the file? When I save the file in CCR I don't see an option for .gypsy.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 01, 2013 2:12:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified