Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6768697071>»
imnchghere Offline
#2041 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:25:23 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning from snowy MD. It was supposed to have started last night as snow, and then changing to rain. Obviously Mother Nature didn't get the schedule and it started snowing about an hour ago. Coming down quite fast and heavy, but I don't think it is going to go all day. Not sure though if we will get the changeover to rain. Our plan had been to hunker down at home anyway, so that is what we are doing. It is very pretty outside, but it will have to be dealt with at some point.

I know I can catch up, or even remember all I have read. I do hope that everyone had a nice holiday and while there has been a lot of struggles in the castle things do work themselves out.

Deb, I see MIL has agreed to go into assisted living. It seems like this is the best decision, but I can see where this is not one that is easy for people to accept. I pray that all will work out for everyone.

Joanne, I think I was snoozing when we drove past Richmond, but it was decent weather. My grands got to play outside a bit at Jim's Aunt's. Not really play, but at least run off a little energy.
We also stopped by the cemetery in Hampton (we had a bit of time to kill) and of course unlike normal children, my grands love going to cemeteries.

Phyllis, I was trying to keep up with the snow in your area. My uncle up in Cleveland got hammered, but they often do. I also have a friend in Rising Sun who has been about like you I think. And I have a good friend in Columbus, who has gotten a lot. I am not sure when I am going to be able to get over to Cleveland.
Sorry about the cards being returned. I have gotten (in past years) boxes returned that are really beaten up. Bad thing is having to hang on to them until next year. I haven't heard from my ground unit (nor has she updated her any soldier page), so I am hesitant to send her a box.

Gramma, hope you are having a good time with all your family. I am anxious to play with the toys you sent me. Not sure what I will do yet.

Jess, I am guessing you return to work sometime next week? Time off never lasts long enough when there is so much else going on. Hope Lita is doing better.

I got interrupted and hoping this posts after sitting idle for who knows how long. I will be back later. Hello to everyone I didn't get to.

Gramma Offline
#2042 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 10:28:13 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings to the Castle and all who visit here! Cold and snowy in WNY. The homefront is quiet for the next hour at least.. I sent the marauders to the Rowdy Rooster for lunch. Blessed silence...ahhhhhhhhhhh........

Lots of snow here 12-15 inches would be my guess. The snow mobilers are thrilled because the trails are open. The skiers are thrilled because the trails are open... I'm just sick of all this snow and wish I was somewhere the sun shined more than once a month... oh well...

Great Christmas here... the family will be headed back to Maryland either tomorrow or Monday. I would guess tomorrow if it keeps snowing. I'll miss them and then relish my quiet house.

Hope all the travels have been safe... Deb I sent lots of hugs and prayers up for you and your family and little Gracie(cutie pie). Feeling a little sad for Jess and Renate... they must be headed back to work soon. Hope everyone is well and stays that way.

Happy New Year. May your 2013 be blessed and happy.
Hugz,
Gramma
Phyllis Offline
#2043 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 4:39:38 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. Just taking a break from getting ready for guests tomorrow and working on more orders.

Pat, we got about 4 inches of snow last night and today, if this is the one headed your way. We got a couple inches earlier in the week but that was mostly gone when the new came in. They got the roads taken care of really well though. Sounds like you and grands had a good time. I will have to look for a new unit, my other one has come home also.

Gramma, I hear you on the silence, it's always fun to have them but it takes a toll on us older folks, LOL. Hope they have safe travels. I don't think we could handle that much snow, we would have to hire someone to remove it since I worry about DH shoveling. He is a hard head and will grab the shovel instead of getting out the snow blower.

Deb, hope you all can get MIL set up in the facility, and glad she is agreeable. Prayers that everything goes well.

Joanne, are you still in VA? Glad you had all your girls together.

Renate, I got an Archivers gift card too, I'll probably stock up on blades and mats. Hope you have dug out of the snow, I see you got less than we did on this round, more to come I'm afraid.

Jess, oh how those days off slip away too quickly. Hope Lita is doing better. Do you ever take a snow day?

RGK Offline
#2044 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:09:16 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good evening,
Deb, glad MIL agreed to the assisted living. It will be the best for all although she will probably need some time to adjust. Will she be able to take some of her stuff? I'm sure Gracie will settle down soon when life is less hectic.
Pat, sorry you got snow instead of rain. DS told us that they got soooo much rain on Christmas Day. Better rain than snow. Glad you had a good time with the grands. Great family photos on FB.
Gramma, that is too much snow for me. We got too much this week too. Glad you had a good visit with your family. I bet you are ready to go to your cave and play.--I was not off as much as Jess, only a day here and there. Always try to cram so much into them they are really not relaxing.
Phyllis, did you get a $5 coupon with your A' GC? They have a pretty good selection of blades and other accessories.
We woke up to more snow this morning. Busy busy all day, now it's time to relax.
Hello to all who might stop by. Renate
Dbson Offline
#2045 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 8:19:48 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Morning, let me just say things have changed again, MIL is now against assisted living......sitter agreed to stay 12 hrs and that is where it stands now....I have totally given up.....puppy is doing good, she cried quiet a bit last night alone in the den, but she should get better in time. Time to start getting ready for church, will try to check in after lunch and catch up.....
imnchghere Offline
#2046 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 9:26:04 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... it is soooo windy here. I hate that we are going out and about, but I want to get a plan going on the furniture, so I can move forward with what needs to be gotten rid of and what is being kept and how long I have to get everything done. If the furniture we are pretty sure we are going with is in stock, we could have it in 2 weeks, if it has to be ordered, it could be 8 weeks. I am in no hurry, so either scenario works.
Deb, I am so sorry for the roller coaster you are riding with MIL. Just when you think things are looking good.... Sending you big {{hugs}} and prayers for all.

I have not started un-decorating yet. It isn't that I don't want to. Normally we leave it up until after Jim's birthday, but no one will be here and I had thought I should just go ahead. I have one big empty box that I will start filling with stuff to get rid of. Quite a few things saw their last holiday with this family. I've not done any after Christmas sale shopping. Yesterday when in Lowe's I did look at their stuff, but it was so picked over. All we walked out with were stacks of paint chips.

Renate, our snow was barely worth mentioning, thank goodness. I am ok with snow as a rule, but I hate when it is the heavy, wet messy stuff.

It is time for us to head out. I have my paint sample chips and my tablet for reference. Since the furniture store is in the same area, I am going to stop by the big Joann's and see what they might have. I want to start working on my album pages and get caught up. I have plenty of holiday paper, but I do want to look at home decor fabrics.
housefullofrotties Offline
#2047 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:51:05 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi~I hope everyone is doing well!

Renate~Hope you made it to A's and found some good deals! We had a forecast of one to three inches the other day and we ended up with over eight. I'm about ready to hang a white flag outside of the house. I've had enough already!! I agree about the general. Very cool that someone donated cards for CFS.

Joanne~Good to see PA family made it in. Brad did go snowmobiling but made it home yesterday to do snow cleanup! I had to shovel a bit so Lita could get off the deck and move around a bit but I lived!! Still plenty on my list that I'd like to get done but I've resigned myself to the fact that it won't. When do you head home.

Deb~Sure hope things get better with the MIL issues soon. My hopes were quickly dashed as I read about the turn of events for you. I'm so sorry you're going through all this. Many hugs and prayers to you. It does sound like things are going well for Gracie!

Pat~Glad you didn't have to venture out in nasty weather. I see you have wind today though. Hope it's not too cold. When it is is seems to go right through to the bones. I hate being cold! Lucky you on the new furniture and paint. Good luck getting everything you need.

Gramma~LOL at you shipping everyone off for lunch! So far we have you beat on the snow but I don't mind at all if you take the lead! Glad you enjoyed the family time.

Phyllis~Enjoy your time with friends, as you always do! A snow day from work? We don't get them. Plus I joke that since I go in so early in the morning that if they decided to close down I'd probably already be at work and since I was there I'd end up calling everyone! You'd be surprised how many people/businesses do not think bad weather is a good excuse to not get their freight. I'm thankful I don't have to deal with a lot of customers (just other trucking companies).

Lita is doing just fine now (thankfully). She made it into the house fine all on her own and then slept a lot. The fresh air seemed to help her a little and after she was in the house she was wagging her tail and giving love! The droopiness in the eye and the bloodshot look disappeared in a few hours. Freaked us out though. We don't know if she was just that tired or if she got into something at his Dad's. I'm sad that my vacation is almost over. As much as I like my job I wouldn't work if I didn't have too. But I do! I designed a bridal shower thank you card and am hoping to get them done by tonight. Ambitious hopes! The bride said to wrap them up and surprise her, she trusts me. I hope I don't let her down!! Almost time for football. The pack play late but some good early games are on. I need to run errands tomorrow so I have to work on another list! Have a nice day!

Jess
RGK Offline
#2048 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 1:56:56 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

hi everyone,
Deb, I'm not surprised by MIL's change of heart but am sorry. I'm joining the others in sending hugs and prayers your way. So with the sitter there for 12 hrs, does that mean she will stay with you for the other 12 hrs? Gracie will be fine...
Pat, glad you are getting your furniture soon. We have not started looking for a couch. I know what kind I want and will look after the start of the New Year.--I'm somewhat ok with snow as long as I don't have to go far, but not ok with ice.
Jess, sorry your vacation is coming to an end. It's never long enough. You probably got more done than you think.--Glad Lita is ok. We do worry about our pets when they don't feel well.--I hear you on going in early and not getting notified in time to stay home if the weather is real bad. Too late for you by then LOL.--How many thank you cards are making on such short notice?--I hate being cold too and having to shovel.--Good luck for your team. The Colts are playing now and winning so far. Our Coach is back today after his Leukemia treatment. He talked on the news last week, such a nice guy.
I think I will take the Christmas decorations down. Was going to wait till New Year's Day, but I'm tired of the boxes. I have lentil soup in the crock pot, with the Christmas ham bone and slices of ham. Should be enough for 2 dinners.
Hello to Joanne, Phyllis, Gramma, Karen....Renate
Dbson Offline
#2049 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 8:04:55 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, happy last day of 2012.....where has the year gone?....things about the same with MIL, she finishes up the first round of treatment on the 8th, then evaluate for more radiation or if small enough for surgery.....if she can have surgery, it would still have to be done here....

Pat please pass on to Jim a 'very Happy Birthday, wishes for many more to come'.....

Jess glad Lita is better, sure hurts when they can't 'tell you what is wrong'....enjoy your last days off. Yes, MIL is sure keeping hubby on his toes.

Joanne hope the time with your family in VA has been great.....

Renate boo to snow....I am not a fan of the white stuff...did you get the decorations down?

Gramma how much snow have you got today? Again, boo to snow.....hope your family time has been great....

Phyllis I know you have been busy with friends and parties, hope you get some down time too.....

Hello to anyone else that might drop in, I am off to find something to eat and get a shower....no plans to get out today, have all my food for tomorrow here and hubby will help with a couple dishes....nothing fancy, but we do like the traditional items, no hog jowls, just a little ham in its place.....have a great day.......

RGK Offline
#2050 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 1:59:26 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello....
Deb...it's snowing again. I'm no fan of it either, but still better than ice. I hope all goes well with MIL. Wishes for peaceful days for the new year. I got most of my decorations down. Only thing left out is the manger set.
Happy New Year to all my friends in the castle.
Renate
Gramma Offline
#2051 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:07:13 AM(UTC)
Gramma

HAPPY 2013 CASTLEMATES!!!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.... darn it! Snowing here now and we had more than enough to start with... but, on the bright side, I have plenty of paper and tape and I know how (sorta) to use it!

Hellos to all my Castle buddies... Praying and hugging for all those in need, and best New Years wishes for everyone!

Hugz,
Gramma
imnchghere Offline
#2052 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:16:04 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning in the castle and Happy New Year. Plan today had been to go to Hobby Lobby, Home Goods (which are in the same shopping center) and then to IKEA, which is about 2 miles from the center. I am still not sure I want to waste the time. Part of me says stay home and work on un-decorating, and the other says, just go and work on the house this week. Jim said we can do whatever. I am on the hunt for a small table for the entry. There is a bench there now and I want it gone. Not sure where it will go, but it won't be there.
New furniture (dining area) will be delivered on the 17th. I have got to figure out where everything is going and what is being gotten rid of. Youngest dd is getting the current table/chairs, but they need to make room for it, so we can get it to them. I will get their current table (which is much smaller) to put in the family room for the kids to play games/puzzles on. It will need to be refinished in the spring. Thought it might be fun to stencil a checkerboard on the top.
Plan is to figure out what Valentine cards I have for the troops and get that box started. I am going to try to do at least 50, but I won't have the grands to help.

Time to get busy here. I will check back later.

Dbson Offline
#2053 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 9:56:42 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Welcome 2013, hope the new year is one of happiness and health for all.......had fireworks from yesterday afternoon to the wee hours of this morning, I slept on the sofa since Gracie stays in the kennel in there.....after I put her to bed, she never whimpered or whined....poor Prissy was terrified of fireworks.....lunch is ready....so we will eat in a bit.....started my new year on the Wii this morning, headed there for at least 30 mins today......then I hope to continue with a walk on the treadmill....way to tighten it up.....

Pat I am still on a purging process here....my storage building will get some cleaning when it warms up a bit, yippee on new furniture....the refinishing of the table for the kids sounds like a good idea.....I am also working on Valentine cards, did 22 yesterday....cut more things last night and will see about papers to use up from my stash. I cut a 'big L', the word 'love' is cut from the 'L', thinking about printing up a small additional sentiment to add to the card fronts.

Gramma sorry about the snow......

It has been raining since early morning, steady downpour......we have no plans to get out, my bro is coming by for a plate of food after he gets off work, sitter came and got MIL and her a plate for lunch.....my good deeds for the day are DONE.....

Have a wonderful start to the year, I am trying to have a better attitude to things I can't change this year and be grateful for what I have been blessed to have in my life.....kids and their families are really what matter, my siblings/families too.....plus all my wonderful friends here in the castle......
Phyllis Offline
#2054 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 1:36:55 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Happy New Year everyone! It's been a busy weekend for me, friends left a couple hours ago. I immediately started taking down Christmas decorations inside. The outside decorations will have to wait until the snow is gone I am totally glad to have the holidays behind me, as happy as it is to have all the festivities and family and friends time, it's exhausting.

Pat, I just saw that you posted the CFS theme, I have to get busy and find a unit to ship to. Glad you are getting your new furniture. Hope you are able to make room for it. I didn't know you we're close to an IKEA, I love going there.

Deb, I am not surprised either at MIL's change of mind. I like your new outlook on things in 2013, hope things are better for you this year. Glad little Gracie is settling in.

Gramma, boo on more snow but a good time to play with paper.

Renate, boo on your snow too, I always see your weather along with ours on our local stations. Ours is melting fast but we didn't have anything like yours. I got a 30% coupon in the mail from Archivers, gotta see what I can use my gift card on, I like to spend it wisely.

Jess, you need to change your shift to a later start time so you can take advantage of any snow days, LOL. I know how it is in the work force though, no excuses for not showing up for work. So glad Lita is doing better. It sure hurts when they are not feeling good. Cody had a problem with his eye several years ago where his eye lid was swollen and bloodshot, they have a name for it which is common but I forgot what is was called. Anyway, he had to have surgery and has never had another problem with it. Whatever it was, the surgery also cured his tear staining which is common in white dogs. He never had another tear stain on his face.

Hello to all the the other queens, I need to get back to getting my house in order, it looks like a cyclone just passed through it.

Dbson Offline
#2055 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:18:39 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Well I had a nice long post, didn't copy and there it went to la la land....
Have a great night everyone....
RGK Offline
#2056 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:06:14 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello Castlemates!
Gramma, what are you creating with your paper and tape? It looks like we are all having a real winter this year. We had 15” of snow in December, almost double of what's normal. I hope it's no indication of what the rest of the winter will be like.
Pat, glad your furniture plan is working out for you. Checkerboard table top sounds good for the kid's table. I don't know why we don't have an Ikea here, we have about all the other major stores.
Phyllis, glad your house is empty of company and you can put it all back in order again. Are you still working on orders? We see your weather here too. When did you get an Archivers coupon in the mail? I got one that expired in December, usually I just get the email coupons. They called me yesterday to let me know that my T.H. Valentine Card Kit came in. It includes 4 miniature TH Valentine stamps. I went to pick it up today – I was their first customer in 2013. I asked if that honor came with a prize, but the answer was no. I was able to use one of the $5 off coupons that came with the GC. Didn't you get one too?
Deb, your new attitude sounds great. Hopefully having the sitter there for 12 hours is taking some of the weight off your shoulders. Glad Gracie is not scared of fireworks. When we had DS's dog with us during his deployment he was petrified of loud noises, fireworks and thunder mostly. It always took him a long time to calm down. Did the rain stop? Sorry you lost your post.
I spent most of the day making Valentine cards. I think I'll end up with 70. I made a bunch with the MB Valentine die and want to make more with a couple of other MB dies. Hoped to get them all done today but it always takes me longer than planned.
Back to work tomorrow for the rest of the short week. Hello to all. Renate
#2057 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:28:19 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy 2013! Today and this morning came way too soon. Have a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2058 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:56:07 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, headed to the Wii again, determined to have a good attitude on day two of the new year.....today is my brother's b'day.....he is 72.....wow...he came by yesterday and got some food and gave him his b'day card.....
Jess sorry about the vacation being over....hope work treats you good...
Renate enjoy your short week too....
We were headed to look for hubby a larger recliner, but still dreary and damp out, might wait til tomorrow.....
Hello to everyone else, have some housework calling my name shortly.....
Dbson Offline
#2059 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:16:29 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, made it to church tonight, slim in attendance....quiet a few are sick.....
Stepped on Gracie, she went scampering to Howard, I went running after her...thank goodness I didn't do any damage....she is walking fine, just scared of me tonight.....
Posted some of my cards on the thread, Pat they will go in the mail in a few days, unless you need me to send them to Phyllis or Renate.....just let me know, just lack adding the envelope.
Day 2 of my resolution to have a happy attitude this year.....so far so good....but there are 363 more daysBigGrin...
Hello to everyone tonight, I am off to the den and put some heat to an aching shoulder.....
Phyllis Offline
#2060 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:57:01 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good evening all. Not a whole lot accomplished today except finishing up an order and a trip to Kohls and Meijers. I had ordered a mixing blade for my mixer at Kohls, used a gift card and some Kohls cash, and 1 hour after ordering, they cancelled it. I was checking at the store today trying to find out if they will reimburse me my Kohls cash, they did upload my gift card again so used it today on a couple knit tops. Anyway, before I knew it the day was gone. Been working on some cards tonight, I already had almost 50 done already.

Deb, that little puppy can get under your feet real easy. Our dogs get under our feet sometimes too as big as they are. Glad she is OK. LOL on your 363 more days to keep your attitude. I'll go over and look at your cards.

Jess, whew, you have that 1st day back out of the way now, hope it went OK.

Renate, I got my Archivers coupon in the mail Saturday, they also have one on line. I did not get the $5 extra with the gift cards, must have been an off day when they purchased them. DH said they didn't mention it when he bought it. You definitely should have gotten some kind of prize for being the first customer of the year, what is wrong with them? LOL.

Hello to Gramma, Pat, Joanne and anyone else dropping by to visit us.
#2061 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:38:38 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Just a quick fly by to say hello! Hope everyone is doing well! I worked 10.5 hours yesterday and I almost got through all my emails. Have a great day!

Jess
Gramma Offline
#2062 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 9:03:00 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Greetings all....
Still cold & snowy here. Temps expected to soar into the low 30's over the weekend.. yippee!
Renate: Valentine's of course.
Pat.. smaller card number on the way Monday if all goes well. Still no purging urges :-(
Deb.. I'm sure Gracie has forgiven you by now. Hope things are going better on your home-front.
Phyllis...No Meijers(sp) near here.. Supermarket? Right? The dark blue paper on the Christmas card was from Hollo's. It is the only place I've seen it. I use it a lot for night scenes.
Jess.. LOL at catching up on emails... I still remember those days. Voice mails and emails at the same time make great multitasking stories.
Hellos to Joann and Karen and anyone else who drops in..
Hugz,
Gramma
PS: Deb... just looked at your cards on the tally page.. Awesome!!!!!!

Edited by user Thursday, January 03, 2013 9:06:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#2063 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 10:31:42 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, attitude still in check here......Wii done also.....Gracie is doing better today, she knows the sound of 'treat bags' when she does a 'good potty job'.....can't wait til it warms up and we get outside....
MIL has 4 more treatments this round, then they will determine what is next....nurse called hospice but until they know what the plan is, they can't come in....
Gramma so sorry about the snow, it has been dreary here for 3 days...thanks for the card compliments.....
Hello to everyone that drops in, I need to find a bite of lunch......
#2064 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 5:26:22 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Good to see everyone is getting back into routine after the business of the holidays.

Deb~I'm sure Gracie has recovered from her scare! Good luck with that happy attitude resolution!

Phyllis~I'm a bit shocked to see you did a bit of shopping!Wink Weird about your order getting cancelled but good that you got your Kohls cash back.

Gramma~Is it quiet in the house with just the two of you?! Will you be watching any football this weekend?

Renate~I saw A's is having a sale and thought of you and Phyllis! Hope your short work week is going well!

Pat~Are you un-decorated yet? What's the next plan of attack for the house.

Another long work day here but I am almost caught up on payables and am processing receivables that came in yesterday. Tomorrow will be a short work day (so I don't have too much OT) but I'm hoping to have receivables caught up before I go. Busy weekend planned in my room. I hit a lull on those thank you cards and haven't done much on them since Sunday. I really didn't need to have them done until March but I thought I'd be done with them sooner and would just have them out of the way. Other than having my card ideas, I haven't done any prepping for stamp camp so I'd like to get a good start on that. It's the last weekend of hunting so Brad plans on being gone. I was going to go up Friday night so we could go out target shooting on Saturday but I think I'd rather stay home. I'm beat and need to get ready to end my day. Have a nice evening.

Jess
RGK Offline
#2065 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:40:33 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Happy Thursday evening,
Deb, I'm sure Gracie is ok. We have done it too. They don't always let you know when they are coming. Good attitude still on day 3, hold on to that.--I'm going to look at your cards in a minute.
Phyllis, glad Kohl's gave your money back, they are good at making you happy. Sorry you couldn't get what you ordered at first though.--My A coupons came in the mail Monday and then I knew what you were talking about. Really, A's should have at least rolled out the red carpet LOL. Sorry you didn't get the $5 coupon.
Gramma, Valentine of course, what was I thinking?? LOL. We still have the snow on the ground. It's been single digits the last couple of nights and nothing is melting.
Jess, you almost made it through the first week. Glad you are catching up on your email.--Don't worry about the lull on your thank you cards, it will come back to you and you will just whip them all out in no time. Have you decided on your plans for the weekend? A has been having a lot of sales, mostly b/c of the holidays. They should be getting the new season merchandise in soon. My workweek was short but super busy. One more day, I'm ready for the weekend.
I finished my Vday cards tonight. Maybe I'll start sorting and bagging the cards this weekend.
Pat, Joanne, Karen...hello.
I'm beat and will all it a night soon.
Renate
Phyllis Offline
#2066 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 10:26:51 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello late night, early early morning to everyone.

Renate, you're probably in bed by now. Hope you are rested good for tomorrow. I sure hope A's gets some new stuff too.

Jess, good job catching up on your payables and receivables. Hope you get to play in your room this weekend. I vote for staying home and play rather than target shooting, LOL. Good luck on your thank you cards. I haven't gotten my Kohls cash back, just my gift card refilled. I think I have lost my Kohls cash since the service department could not help me and I haven't heard from them, oh I guess I need to call them, bummer. I hate those hassles.

Deb, Gracie will learn fast. Hope things go well for MIL and health care issues. You are doing pretty good on your new year's resolution.

Gramma, Meijers is a grocery and department store something like Walmart, it is super close to us that's why I go there more than Walmart. One of these days I'll make it to Hollo's.

Hello to all the other queens. I posted some of my cards on the sign up thread, hope to draw a little interest in our CFS.
#2067 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:41:10 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

I had a post and I totally "X" my browser rather than hitting post reply!!
Anyway, Happy Friday! Have a great day!

Renate~Good job getting your cards done. I need to get over to the thread and check out the dates.

Phyllis~Above is to you too!! I misunderstood about the Kohls cash. For sure call them. I have a friend...whenever she has Kohls cash but nothing to buy will purchase whatever and then return it and she always gets her Kohls cash back to use when she gets the item she wants. So they will do it.

Jess

Edited by user Friday, January 04, 2013 12:41:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#2068 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 9:19:34 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... busy day here in the east wing. I have hairapy today and I need to go to the grocery. I also want to find the HK valentine cuts I think I have.

Phyllis & Deb, I love all the cards you have posted on the sign up thread. Makes mine look a little lame, but they will serve the purpose. I thought there were more cuts on ACY cart, but only one that worked. I will have to check other carts. Trying to keep them simple, so I can make more.
I have a day crop on the 14th and I might be able to work on cards at it, if they are ready to assemble.

Jess, hope you can have a productive weekend. My plan is to finish putting the holiday stuff away and then working on my room. Most of the holiday stuff requires Jim's help. My SU friend is having a SC this weekend. I thought about going, but changed my mind.

What is everyone else up to this weekend?

Dbson Offline
#2069 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 4:31:03 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, great morning with my friend at Starbuck's...we stayed til 11:30, then I headed home and hubby went with me to the grocery store....Gracie is still a bit scared of riding, so every opportunity we try to get her out.....picked up a few chicken tenders for supper, quick and easy....got 3 pans of cinnamon rolls baked and iced.....

Gramma things on the home front; well let me say this....sitter is about 'fed up', very difficult and stressful sitting.....very happy to have her hours cut back starting tomorrow to 8 hrs instead of 12.....she is an angel.....things about the same with the MIL.....will know more after last treatment on Tues to know the direction she will be going.....threw the sitters lunch away two days in a row even after being told what it was and where it was.....she is just a pain in the _ _ _....I will let you fill in the blanks.....

Going to church and get the decorations put away in the morning, then home and my friend that lost her lab last week has an 'orphan' 2 yr old at her house this weekend, been at the vets office to be adopted.....she will keep her if things work out......coming by in the morning to pick up a small kennel in case she does take her permanent.....

Jess hope your day and Renate's work day went well....

Phyllis sorry about the Kohl's issue......

Pat my cards are just using paper I have had for a long, long time.....a few new cuts and nothing fancy for sure.....just liked those files.....

Hello to everyone that might drop in, I need to get on my Wii for my 30 mins, day 4, my attitude is still good.....now down to 361 daysBigGrin

Have a great night, will try to check in tomorrow.....
RGK Offline
#2070 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 8:36:28 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle,
Phyllis, yes I was in lala land by midnight. Up at 5AM. I'll be at A's tomorrow with coupon and GC in hand.--Your cards are beautiful. I feel about mine like Pat feels about hers. I try to make a lot of cards and they are usually not very fancy.
Jess, did you have a good day at work? Have you decided what you are going to do this weekend? Ouch about the “X”, too bad we can't 'restore' if that happens...
Pat, glad you got your hairapy, it does wonders don't you think? Hope you get cards prepped for the crop. Assembly sounds like a good thing to do at crops.
Deb, glad you had a good and well-deserved break at Starbucks. Chicken tenders are one of my favorites, especially with tons of mini peppers (yellow, red, orange). Sorry about the sitter. Can't blame her for how she feels but you so need her there. It's amazing how much drama one person can cause. Hope for a good outcome.
I bagged all the Valentine's cards I have so far and will get the box ready to mail when I get the last ones from the write-up thread. Phyllis, I'm going to post the count of the cards from 'Alingra'. She sent them to me last month. I don't know when she will check the MB again. Also the count from the lady who dropped off a bag of cards at Archivers recenly.
Hi to all who might stop by tonight. Renate