Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

12 Pages«<45678>»
craftymomof2 Offline
#151 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:45:41 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Good Morning, Ladies!! Waves to you, Janice!! I hope you have had a wonderful visit with your son's family. Happy New Year!!! It is hard to believe Christmas and New Years are already over.

I am hoping to work on your bag this weekend. I have my ideas worked out just need to create now. I have 1 more night to work then I'll be off for 4 nights. (whoo hoo) we have been so busy it will be nice to chill and craft this weekend. DD is better now. She did have strep and the flu. She is feeling much better now. DS killed a deer last Friday so we are proud of him. This was his 2nd deer to kill. He loves duck hunting but deer hunting is more of a chore to him. I am loving my IPad and my family and coworkers are so glad I finally can quit asking for it. (heehee)

Got to go and get some sleep now.

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
laurahunter Offline
#152 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:23:39 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 289 post(s)
Good Afternoon Everyone !

I finished my bag today, Yeah me. Just waiting on a couple of orders then i will get my package in the mail. Ronnie, could you please pm me your address?

laura
M&KGrandma Offline
#153 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:35:10 PM(UTC)
M&KGrandma

Was thanked: 97 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Hello, Maggie girls!
I've started my bag for Gayle! So far, so good, I'm loving it! I'm going to work on it a little more tonight and hopefully finish it up tomorrow!
Bill is going muzzle loading this weekend, so it'll be decoration taking down time and play time! Kaitlyn has decided that the Christmas tree is now a winter tree because Christmas is over. She doesn't want me to take it down! LOL!
I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and all the remaining Christmas things were 80% off! I now own the sweetest little pink Christmas tree that I got for $4.00!! It's going to be perfect in my art room and Kaitlyn already made me a little pink star! heehee! I think I'm going to make all Tilda ornaments with hearts sprinkled in!
Have a wonderful evening!
Hugs,
Teri
grandmaJ Offline
#154 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 5:00:02 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 758 time(s) in 630 post(s)
Good Morning Maggie Sisters!! Sad to say it is Friday. Yup, normally that would be good, but this means it is my ds's last day here this trip and that is sad.

Teri, your pink tree with Tildas and hearts sounds so pretty!!
scrappinchic Offline
#155 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 5:24:36 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Good morning Maggie Sisters!

Hey Rebecca! I will let you know when I am ready to mail! I am waiting on your stamp to get here. I have your other item(s) ready to go!

Teri your tree sounds beautiful! Share picture's with us!
trvkladd Offline
#156 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:58:10 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Was thanked: 144 time(s) in 138 post(s)
HI to all the Maggie Sisters~ Hope you are all having a wonderful day! I woke up to a phone call from Traci...best wake up call ....YAY!!! I've missed talking to her so much since she's been out of town with no phone service we haven't talked in days.

She's doing well, painting, laying tile and getting the house ready for summer. I can't wait to see it. If I wasn't still having car issues I'd probably drive up to hang out with her for a couple of days. I did ask her when she was returning home but we were chatting so much...trying to catch up on all the time she's been gone that now I can't remember when she said. I think they are leaving tomorrow and they'll be home on Sunday. So, she'll check in Sunday or Monday...

Teri~ She said that she would send you a catalog, just PM her your address. BigGrin

Jess~ I didn't get any crafting done yesterday. I've been cleaning and keeping up with the house since Christmas so that I could get lots of crafting done when the kids went back to school. Went off yesterday, was gone till they got home and came home to a disaster area...needless to say I was fussing and making them clean, then making dinner etc. all evening. Went to bed early (exhausted)...I'll be working on it today! I can't wait!

Janice~ So sorry to hear that DS has to leave today. Crying

Ronnie~ Love the picture!!

LauraH~ Will you be posting sneak peeks for us?

Lana~ Glad to hear that DD is feeling better. Mine has walking pneumonia...but took one day off... went right back to work anyway! Don't know how she does it!

I went to HL yesterday and spent wayyyyy too much money! But got lots of crafting stuff from the clearance aisle. Can't wait to use some of my new "toys"!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend

~Rebecca

EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#157 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 1:45:39 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 100 post(s)
Big wave to my partner Heaven 4333. Working on your project today and was inspired to do another. It was amazing. Now, I am just working like a busy bee getting so much done. After being sick for so long, I have so much energy it's unreal. LOL. Never had that happen before. Anyway, just putting the finishing touches on your project and I'll be ready to mail next week. Woo hoo!

Hope you all are having a great week and looking forward to a super weekend.
Evelyn
heaven4333 Offline
#158 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:24:56 PM(UTC)
heaven4333

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Hi Evelyn, I am excited to see what you have created for me,
I have always admired your crafts. I am glad to hear you are feeling better
too. I came on tonight to let you know that I shipped today, I hope you like
what I made for you, it been great being your partner. Here's the
dc# 03120860000125790820.

Hugs to all,
Kathy
heaven4333 Offline
#159 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:28:28 PM(UTC)
heaven4333

Teri when you get your Tilda tree finished we'd all love
to see it.
Janice sorry your ds is leaving must be hard to live
apart. Crying Hugs to you sis

Becca tell us about your HL clearance haul...
scrappinchic Offline
#160 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 5:51:22 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning to my favorite Maggie Sisters! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

Kathy you have mailed already! Thats awesome! I can't wait to see what you have created for Evelyn!

Hey Evelyn! Glad you are feeling better and getting back in your crafty groove!

Rebecca your stamp is being ordered today! I will be ready to mail as soon as it gets here. No rush to you though! There is still plenty of time! I can't wait to see what you think! I made a little something extra for you tooWink ! Any big plans today?

Hey GrandmaJ where are you? I guess your sleeping in this morning!

I hope you all have a craft happy day! I sure am! I am going to play with my distress inks! Wish me luckUnsure !
 1 user thanked scrappinchic for this useful post.
heaven4333 on 1/7/2013(UTC)
grandmaJ Offline
#161 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 6:23:11 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning all!

I'm here Jess! Was up at 5:15 to take the dog out and checked my email, which led to pintrest, which led to a whole lot of other things!! haha,pintrest is just as addicting as Maggie's!! Oh, wait, I have a Tilda board on pintrest! LOL! That is like 2 addictions in one!

Gonna be a tough morning here as we say our goodbyes. The week went by so fast, as they always do! It would be easier if they lived closer and we got to see them more often...

I will probably have to do some online shopping later today to drown my sadness...therapy you know! Lana, I will probably be shopping for YOU!

Kathy, you mailed already! Wow, I wish I had your ambition!! you must be feeling better? Sure hope so! Sending a big hug your way!!

Sure I will be checking back in later...turning to friends for distractions!! Have a great day!
missstamper Offline
#162 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 8:19:58 AM(UTC)
missstamper

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
I am just waiting for my order from Magnoliscious and I can get this swap in the mail! I am hoping to have some just for fun crafting time today. I found some cute tag packs and embellishments in the cheap racks at JoAnnes. I think I might make mini albums out of them. We will see if it all comes together like I envision it.

Have a great weekend y'all.
grandmaJ Offline
#163 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 8:46:32 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

misstamper, when you get one made, don't forget how much we like seeing pictures!!!
laurahunter Offline
#164 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:12:00 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Waiting for one more order to come in then I will be ready to mail. This month was really fun.

Laura
craftymomof2 Offline
#165 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:27:43 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Good Morning, Ladies!

Janice, I know you are sad to have your family leaving today. I hope you get to visit with them again soon. I am almost finished with your bag. I like how it is turning out. My Daddy and I are going shopping today and out to lunch. DH and DS are hunting and DD is with my MIL. I hope to finish your bag this eve. I need to get busy on my DS Social Studies Fair project. He signs up for these projects but I tend to do most of the stressing over it.

Kathy, I keep you and Bill in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
 1 user thanked craftymomof2 for this useful post.
heaven4333 on 1/7/2013(UTC)
laurahunter Offline
#166 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:43:57 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

I need to get busy on my DS Social Studies Fair project. He signs up for these projects but I tend to do most of the stressing over it.

Wow, He gave you more than one night !!!!! I tend to hear about these things the night before.

I know at some point this next semester my daughter is going to have to sew a countries flag as a social studies project. I have been lobbying for France or Scotlnd but she will probably pick Mexico and i'll stuck trying to do the eagle standing on a cactus with a snake in it tallons.RollEyes

Laura
craftymomof2 Offline
#167 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 11:34:37 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Laura, he would wait until the last minute if he could. With my crazy work schedule, I have to know early so We can get the paper written and the project done on my off days. DH types and sets up the paper since it has to be a certain format. DS and I are procrastinators and if I worked days we would probably wait til the last minute but working nights and after being married to an early bird for 19 yrs I finally have learned to do things early. My poor Mama used to have to help me last minute with projects and I don't know how she did it. Being crafty now, I want the kids projects to look nice also. (haha) I would be up a creek if we had to sew something for a project. I cannot sew other than a button or cross-stitch. Please post pics with DD project.

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
trvkladd Offline
#168 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 6:24:33 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Good morning to all the Maggie Sisters~ I'm happy to report that my sister is finally in cell range again! I got a phone call from her earlier today and we had a long chat to just catch up on things. It was great!!!

Jess~ I can't wait to see what you've made. I'm been crafting and cleaning all day and folding clothes in between that! I've finished several small projects and started a few others. I haven't started yours yet though Flapper I'll be starting on it tomorrow after I get my new shelves put up in my craft room!

Hope everyone is having a craft day. Have a wonderful evening, ladies

~Rebecca
1CoolMom Offline
#169 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 6:10:34 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
I got home last night to goodies galore for my partners in all my swaps. Now, I just have to finish up my handmade items and get stuff in the mail. I should be mailing by Friday.

We had a great time in GA, it was COLD which was a nice change from the 70's we have had in FL. DH and DS went a few days early and actually got a dusting of snow one day. I painted 2 1/2 rooms and still have so much to paint next time we got up. DS did not like the color of his room as I was painting, so I stopped. Now, it has to be reprimed then repainted. I think I am going to hire someone to do the rest because the previous owners painting the ceilings and it is so hard to paint over without it looking blotchy. Even blotchy looks better than salmon ceilings though. LOL

scrappinchic Offline
#170 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 6:34:19 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Good morning!

Glad to have you back Traci! Glad you were able to get some stuff done!

Rebecca I ordered your stamp yesterday. I will be mailing hopefully by the end of the week. I can't wait until I have a scraproom. I still have a few more years to waitGlare ! I am thinking of taking over my dining room. Thats were I craft anywaysWink !

Have a great day!
trvkladd Offline
#171 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:44:15 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Good morning Maggies~

Jess~ That's exactly what I did. I took over the formal dining room! I had already made it into den with the computer desk and my files, I just added a craft table and little by little I've added storage. Thursday I bought a set of shelves that I have to paint black and then those are going on the wall over the craft table for my punches and stamps. I have to get them off my craft table (which is 8' long) so that I have more room! Flapper Laugh LOL

I can't wait to see what you did. I'll start on yours Monday so that way I can mail relatively close to you.

Traci~ Welcome back. Can't wait to see what you did too! I'll call you later today....

Lana~ I hate school projects! I'm so meticulous that I wind up spending soooooo much time and money on them and I just think it's ridiculous that the teachers assign projects that there is no way a kid can do on their own. This is one of my major pet peeves! 2 years ago we did a Plantation house complete with slave quarters and crops ...spent $50 on materials, 2 weeks to complete with every person in the house working on it and the teacher never graded it or gave it back. The worst part about it was....it was due the day before they broke for Christmas break!

LauraH~ A flag would be cool. Now I really wouldn't mind doing that at all! The ones I hate are the ones that require more parental involvement than the kids. I feel like the whole point is for the kids to get something out of it! My DS's always do the written part and then we work on the rest together as much as we can.

missstamper~ We'll be looking forward to seeing some of those projects in pictures BigGrin BigGrin

Janice~ Hi to you! Hope you are doing well.

Hope everyone is having a Super Sunday. I've gotten all caught up on cleaning and laundry so I can craft all day if I want to! Have a nice day, ladies

~Rebecca
laurahunter Offline
#172 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 10:10:45 AM(UTC)
laurahunter

Rebecca, I know what you mean. Last year we spent weeks doing a family tree, joined two poster boards together added pictures up to 6 generations back, cricut cuts that represented interests occupations etc... The teacher kept it saying it was the best one he had ever received. I was planning on hanging it in the kids play area. This has happened several time to me. Being crafty sometimes I think I expect more than the teacher does.

I don't mind helping my kids . I just feel bad for kids who don't have access to everything they need to make projects. Not everyone has a sewing machine .

Laura
craftymomof2 Offline
#173 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 5:14:19 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Good Morning, Janice! I have finished your bag. Will you pm me your addy? I will mail it this week. I really enjoyed working on this for you. Hope you have a great day!

Hugs, LanaBigGrin
grandmaJ Offline
#174 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 5:42:01 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Good Morning everyone!

Lana, wow, you are ready to mail.....I just got your order placed on Saturday! Plan to start your bag today, after a little housework. Hope your weekend was good!

Traci, welcome back! We hire all our painting done anymore. We don't like to paint and it is just so much faster and easier to have someone come in and do it for us!! Well worth the money to me!

Rebecca and all you others doing your kids projects...I hope you aren't doing all the work for them!! And I am sorry, but if I put that much work (and money) into a project, you can bet I would get it back when the grading is done!! So not right for the teacher to keep it!! Glare Reminds me why I am glad my ds is grown up!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!
trvkladd Offline
#175 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 6:09:56 AM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Good morning, ladies~

I went to M's yesterday and spent wayyyyyy too much money but got some really good buys! Everything I bought was on sale. Some things were BOGO!!!

Janice~ I home-schooled my kids for 4y...I gave projects every 9 weeks but they were only projects that they could do on their own. I feel like the purpose of the projects is for the kids to do them! It gives them such a sense of accomplishment when they do it all on their own! I try never to do the whole project ...but teachers forget that they're teaching little kids! I keep telling them (the teachers) that a project has to be age appropriate! Parents shouldn't be doing much of anything but critiquing them!!

LauraH~ I know what you mean about not getting projects back. More than once a teacher has asked to keep a project. Last year I made a gecko costume for my DS for a Living Rainforest project and the teacher asked me to donate it! But just keeping it is totally different and not grading a project is totally unacceptable to me!

Jess~ I still have not even begun your bag. I have had the worst time trying to find a Kraft bag. I have a plan of action but have been several times to J's, M's and HL and cannot find a bag. I'm going to Walmart today and the Dollar store had some a while back so I guess I can check there. I did order your stamp so that's done! Woohoo! Just reread the OP...didn't realize that we could use any gift bag. I was thinking it had to be one of those Kraft bags. Well I have lots of the other ones. Will be starting on your bag today!! YAY!!!

Traci~ Welcome back! I'm sure you're happy to be back on the MB. Hope you had a great trip. I'll call you later today!

HI to all the other Maggie Sisters. Happy Monday, hope you all have a wonderful week. I'm going to try to stay off the computer and lots of crafting done. Have a very crafty day

{{hugs}}

~Rebecca

Edited by user Monday, January 07, 2013 6:17:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

grandmaJ Offline
#176 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 9:55:22 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Has anyone else gotten the new Magnolia Ink issue yet? Mine just came and they have made it more like a newspaper than a magazine. Just glancing at it, I have mixed emotions! (And it smells! LOL!) Lots of cute Valentines stuff in it though! And "how to's"!
scrappinchic Offline
#177 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 11:49:24 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Rebecca sorry you are having a hard time finding a bag. I used a solid white bag with handles. Can't wait to see what you create!

GrandmaJ I read that the newspaper type issue is just a trial run to see what people think. I also read it would go back to the magazine next time. All this was on the Magnolia World FB page so not sure of the truth of it. I can't wait to see one!

Have a great day!
heaven4333 Offline
#178 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 11:56:14 AM(UTC)
heaven4333

Hello Maggie sisters,
How is everyone today? Still playing the waiting game here hoping our
insurance will approve dh's new tx and trying to get dr's to answer our calls.Blink

Thanks so much for the prayers for my dh and me, we really need the strength of
God to get thru this mess.
They want me to start PT for my back, neck and arm before they will do an MRI here
so I guess that's what I will be doing soon. I hope they go easy on me as I am
still mostly just sitting in my recliner with a heating pad and meds reading thru
the day. So far the dx is osteoarthritis and degenerative disc disease but I know
it's also involving my jaw/TMJ probs and my nerves as well.
I feel like lately I have lost my creative spirit, I hope Evelyn won't be too disappointed
with her bag. I just tracked it and it should be out for delivery todayScared I tried my
best to make something pretty for you....

So I am already wondering what Jes has in mind for the FEb Maggie swap here...LOL
Since really this is about the only swap I am still in anymore.
I just can't let it go...I am a Maggie addict. I sure wish I could make things as
gorgeous as those ladies from MW. I want to scraplift about 90 % of what I see there.BigGrin

Next project here will be getting down the Christmas decorations I guess.
Hope you all have a sunny crafty day.
Big Hugs
Kathy
grandmaJ Offline
#179 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 12:07:06 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Hi Kathy!! Sorry you are still in such pain. Keeeping you both in my prayers and hope the drs and insurance can get it together for you both soon!! I think about you often my friend! I've ben in a creative slump lately too. Hope it passses soon for both of us! Hugs!
 1 user thanked grandmaJ for this useful post.
heaven43338 on 1/8/2013(UTC)
trvkladd Offline
#180 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 7:59:48 PM(UTC)
trvkladd

United States

Originally Posted by: scrappinchic Go to Quoted Post
Rebecca sorry you are having a hard time finding a bag. I used a solid white bag with handles. Can't wait to see what you create!

GrandmaJ I read that the newspaper type issue is just a trial run to see what people think. I also read it would go back to the magazine next time. All this was on the Magnolia World FB page so not sure of the truth of it. I can't wait to see one!

Have a great day!

For some reason I was thinking that we had to use the Brown Paper Kraft Bags. But I checked the OP and realized that it didn't say anything specific and since I have several white ones I'll be using one of those for yours as well. Flapper Flapper

Kathy~ Sorry to hear that you're still not feeling well. Hope things get better for you soon. Will continue to keep you and DH in my prayers.

Didn't get any crafting done today was out and about all day long. But will be at my craft table bright and early tomorrow morning. Have a great night, Maggie Sisters

~Rebecca

Edited by user Monday, January 07, 2013 8:00:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked trvkladd for this useful post.
heaven43338 on 1/8/2013(UTC)