Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Linda Ajello Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 2:34:04 PM(UTC)
Linda Ajello

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 70 post(s)
Hi Cricut Crafters- and thank you to all who tried to help. We updated on Christmas- seemed like a good idea at the time- to Norton 360 since the other NOrton was expiring. Since the firewall was saying "allow' to all the Cricut options I was not sure why I could not get on. Two phone calls later and emails from Provocraft had me - and my husband- applying the items into the ANTIVIRUS area. One that was mentioned here- and not in the emails- CCRBRIDGE.exe made the program work again. i had to manually go into scans under the antivirus- then go to configure and type it in. Now it works. I am reluctant to ever update these softwares again-m maybe the computer is more secure but none of them are workign right this week now! Good luck to all havign the same problem and thank you to Provocraft and PCGena for helping me. Now to try Animal Antics!!
quiltmom93638fab26c63 Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2012 3:00:28 PM(UTC)
quiltmom93638fab26c63

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Angry I am very upset. I have a new computer windows 8, and norton, and I can't get anything to work. I can't update my gyspy, my new E2 or even initialize craft room. I called PC and they sent me some line to add to my anti virus, I don't know how to do that, I have worked on it for hours and am very frustrated. I have all the cricut machines, even the mini and regular cake machines, along with over 100 cartridges. I just want some help to have craft room and cricut sync to work. Any help would be appreciated.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 1:22:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8279 time(s) in 4881 post(s)
Originally Posted by: quiltmom93638fab26c63 Go to Quoted Post
Angry I am very upset. I have a new computer windows 8, and norton, and I can't get anything to work. I can't update my gyspy, my new E2 or even initialize craft room. I called PC and they sent me some line to add to my anti virus, I don't know how to do that, I have worked on it for hours and am very frustrated. I have all the cricut machines, even the mini and regular cake machines, along with over 100 cartridges. I just want some help to have craft room and cricut sync to work. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having some trouble, too. We had to update to new year with Norton and just like everyone has been saying....the new Norton isn't configured properly to work with CCR. I have never had trouble with CCR from day one.....now, I'm getting the same problem everyone else has been having with CCR initializing.........!

I did get the things added to Norton, but it still doesn't work, so I'll have to try the CricutSync thing....just not home to do it for a few weeks.

Narelle has some good directions on this if you can look down to some other posts about NORTON users having trouble. If you don't think you can use those directions, I would call NORTON and let them have control of your computer to do what has to be done. Others have done this with success.

Explain to Norton what you need help with; they'll probably know right away what the problem is....as I'm sure a ton of users have called them on it.

Char
CricutGena Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 2:06:26 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello all! I would like to mention that our Customer Service department is amazing at helping our fantastic customer who need assistance! Our number is 877-7cricut, give us a call! Also, there are several threads which give very good instructions on running Craft Room in Windows 8 and adding the exceptions to the antivirus programs.
-Cricut Gena
 1 user thanked CricutGena for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 1/8/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:58:06 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8279 time(s) in 4881 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutGena Go to Quoted Post
Hello all! I would like to mention that our Customer Service department is amazing at helping our fantastic customer who need assistance! Our number is 877-7cricut, give us a call! Also, there are several threads which give very good instructions on running Craft Room in Windows 8 and adding the exceptions to the antivirus programs.
-Cricut Gena

Thanks CricutGena.....guess I'll be calling you first when I get home; can't wait to get my CCR back and looking forward to starting next year's Christmas Cards in a few weeks. I DO LOVE CCR!!!!

Char