Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5657585960>»
Lizzy Offline
#1711 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:01:41 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Somehow I missed seeing Rhonda's and Paula's posts...so I will reply to those. I am envious of you, Rhonda, for getting all of your holiday decorations and laundry finished and put away! Do you wanna come for a trip out to California and give me a helping hand?

And, Paula, I think I am totally with you about receiving love the way you do: no interest in a gift of jewelry, but to have someone come in and help me do something, wow! Isn't it interesting how the person I am now would work perfectly with that guy I once loved? I guess I've come full circle, haven't I? Maybe he saw something I didn't even know about myself!! I'd like to believe that.

OK...enough said. Now, I've got to get moving!
imnchghere Offline
#1712 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:10:41 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. off to a decent start here. I will be getting te tree down and as much of the holiday decor put away as I can. Some will have to wait until Jim gets home, but that is my fault. We were out and about most of the day yesterday and nothing got done. I was hoping to find a small table for the entry area and while I had something in mind, I sure wasn't finding it. We went to Home Goods and Hobby Lobby. I did find some other items at Home Goods. Since Michael's is in the same center, we stopped in there. I didn't get much. A pack of 8.5x11 red cs to make Valentine CFS. We went to Red Lobster for an early dinner and came home.

Laurie, I am not sure I can do a crafty challenge every day, but I can try. I have lots I would like to get caught up on. I will start today with working on the CFS. I need a quick and easy card idea I can mass produce.
In addition to a craft project I want to get the tree down and all the odds and ends decor gathered up to pack away. I usually walk around the house with a big basket to do that. I also noticed a light is out in one of the village buildings, so I want to replace it.

Thanks all for the complements on the furniture. We did get the taupe. Now, I have to figure out what cabinet color is going to work for the kitchen as well as a counter top. And then the paint for the walls. Lots to be working on and thinking about.

Lizzy, I saw on FB that you really enjoyed Les Mis. We were going to go Christmas Day, but didn't. I think we might try to go this weekend. I understand it is a tear jerker. We saw it live at The Kennedy Center, when the girls were in HS, so that was many years ago.

Time to get back to work here. I think I heard the washer beep.
Have a productive day everyone.

Lizzy Offline
#1713 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:26:45 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning, friends! Yes, Les Mis is very emotional. The movie is quite long and tells much, much more of the story than the play does. In fact, since I did not know all of the story, I had trouble fully understanding the story last summer when I saw the play for the first time. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and, yes, I did cry...but not as much as I expected to. It does have some comic relief, too, which helps! Perhaps, because the screen is so large and I felt so close to the action, I could focus on so many different things. The photography is fabulous, the music is great, the grandeur of the staging is amazing, the vocals are superior...one can go on and on! You see the filth in which these people lived...daily...their hair, their bodies...and it caught me at times between disgusting and amazing that any of them survived beyond the age of 5 years! Or perhaps, it's amazing that we survive in our fastidiously clean existance!

Well, my sleep is such that I didn't sleep at all last night. I didn't get home from the movie until a bit past midnight; didn't go to bed for about another hour; then never went to sleep. Finally a bit after 6:00 a.m. decided to just get up and see what happens today. I'm sure I will crash and burn eventually. Already I am feeling tired. But, I HAVE to turn my days and nights back to something resembling the rest of the world!

I have misplaced/lost my car and house keys. I last had them on Saturday but have no recollection of them after I unlocked my car to get the garage door opener out for Kat to use. We looked for them last night before I went to the movie, but it was quick. I finally took Terry's truck. We have a spare key, of course, but I hate to use it since I'm not very trustworthy right now. I will look a bit more today and then begin to make phone calls to all the places we went on Saturday. Thankfully, there is no identifying information on my key chain so the keys cannot be traced back to me or my car. The only expense of replacing any of the keys will be the cost to replace my car key which of course is expensive since it includes the beep-beep to unlock my car. Grrrrr! I am hoping they are in Kat's car and Terry didn't see them when he looked or they are locked inside my car. Otherwise, I will have to call the three places we went on Saturday.

Well, I am going to get something accomplished here...not sure what...maybe put some Christmas decos away...following in Pat's footsteps...or work on some school stuff...or empty the dishwasher. Gee...there's a bunch of stuff to do, isn't there?

Take care...I'll look for others to sign in today!
Nancycs Offline
#1714 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:37:04 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good afternoon!

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's day!

Thanks for the congrats on the weight loss!

Lizzy I have yet to see that movie. I would like to though. Not sure DH would though. Sorry you didn't sleep last night. I don't think I could function if I didn't get any. As far as keeping the weight off.I hope so. I have yo-yoed a lot these last couple of years but since I am a WW lifetime member I don't have to pay as long as I don't go over my goal weight more than 2 pounds. I only have to weigh in 1 time a month. I really want to keep it off this time so maybe that will help too. Lizzy we watch White Collar and enjoy it. The new season starts this month.

Pat I really like the furniture choice you made! Very nice! You sound as busy as me! I don't think I could add any craft challenges either. I suppose it would depend what it is and if an idea just came to me quickly, but right now it is daily even if it is organizing or purging.

Paula I wish we had the amount of snow that you have! That is funny that Tay liked the juicer and uses it. Not what I would think a 19 YO would like!

Rhonda that is good that you can choose your hours with your old job. It sounds like you will be done before or at least by tax time there. I wish my house was back in order. I hope to take care of the New Year's tree tonight. I am behind on laundry too.ThumbDown

Laurie I don't think I will be able to keep up with your challenge but I guess I did do one thing yesterday. I made thank you cards for my Christmas gifts. Of course it was very simple with Christmas paper and a thank you stamp on the front.

Carrie I have the Cameo. I like the Cricut better. I haven't done a whole lot with it though. You can use SCAL with it and there is a free program very similar to that by Silhouette. I like that you can print on your own printer and then cut with the silhouette. THe blade can sometimes be a problem too. Here is a link to someone who uses hers a lot and has tutorials on her blog. That might come in handy for you while trying to learn about the Cameo. There are others out there too. I found one that mentioned that the blade selections the Cameo has you use are usually too high and can break the blade, but I have not had that happen yet.
http://underacherrytree.blogspot.com/

Here is a link to where Riley spent the night last night and yes he stayed in one of the huts with no electricity. I would love to be there!
http://cambodiatraveladvice.blo...-koh-tonsay-kepskip.html

Riley has told me that the country is amazing and so are the kids he has been helping out.

Well I actually started entering receipts into my tax program yesterday. Not a fun way to spend the say but I have a start on it. I also did a little more prep for tax time other than that too. Starting school in 2 weeks I wanted to start early so I don't get too overwhelmed. I am going to try to do a little every night over the nest couple of weeks. I should be able to get a really good head start compared to where I usually am.

I have a long to do list so I will try to take every spare moment to do that. Not fun but I will be glad once I start school. So with that said I am going to get he baby down and see what I can accomplish while the little ones nap.
Lizzy Offline
#1715 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 5:47:17 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good afternoon friends. Well, I gave into sleep around 9:00 a.m. this morning and slept until 2:00 p.m. It was great sleep on our new sofa with the puppy curled up next to me. I heard Terry come and go, letting the dog in and out, but he didn't really disturb me at all. My challenge is not to sleep until bedtime...which will be a reasonable hour.

Nancy, thanks for the information about White Collar. I'm not sure DH knows there will be a new season. I'll be sure and tell him!

Laurie, I don't know what I said about doing some crafting every day...I don't think I will be able to do that...but I am going to try to do something AT LEAST every week and more often if possible! I may have already said that.

I FOUND MY KEYS! They were in my locked car, on the passenger side floor. When we took Kat to the airport, Terry drove with the spare key, but I must have had mine out (for some reason) and then left them on the floor. Talk about a goof!

Congrats, Pat, on getting those Christmas decos down and put away. It's better than where I am. I could do that now, but instead, I am going to go upstairs and work on the bonus room instead. I"ll be back later to give a full report.

Nancy, I have known other folks who are lifetime members of Weight Watchers. It's a good deal and a good way to keep one's weight well-managed. I ran into an old friend of mine about a week ago who is not a meeting leader for WW and she looks fabulous! I'm sure she is a lifetime member...it was a joy seeing her, too. We go back nearly 20 years, but have lost touch with each other about 12-13 years ago. It's good to know she is doing well, looking good, etc.

OK...I've got to get moving so I won't feel guilty about a lazy day. Everyone take care....I'll be back and report on my progress!
rm920 Offline
#1716 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:01:41 PM(UTC)
rm920

Good evening all...

Lizzy, sorry you are having sleep issues. And so very glad you found your keys. That must be such a great relief. I am hoping to go see Les Mis this weekend. I also want to see Lincoln as well and both are here this weekend. May have to make it a double header Smile

Laurie, I saw on FB that you are not up to par. Hope the heating pad does the trick. I, like the others, don't think I could craft everyday, but want to try to do it at least every week. If research counts, it would be more often.

Pat, WTG on getting the decorations down. Did you get to work on the valentines CFS?

Nancy, you are going to be very busy once school starts, but I know you will make it all work. Glad to hear Riley is really enjoying the work/trip. It makes it all worth while.

Paula, glad you didn't get too much snow. I am surprised that Tay enjoys using the juicer so much. Great for you! I am not much of a lemonade fan, but fresh orange juice would be good.

Carrie, have you been able to work much with the cameo?

I stopped by old work again tonight for a few hours. About ready to print the W-2's etc. Then it is all down hill from there.

imnchghere Offline
#1717 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:14:44 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening friends. I have had a pretty productive day here. I still have one thing to complete. Not sure I will make it though. Adding to an email address book for the new newsletter. I am so happy it is getting very good response. It goes to past members as well as current. This evening a past member inquired about re-joining. YES!!! ThumpUp

Laundry was completed today, including all the holiday linens. I have a tub ready for all of them.
I still have to finish gathering the holiday decor around the house. Maybe tomorrow I can do that.

For my crafty project today, I cut the red paper into card bases. Still need to be scored. Tomorrow I am going to try to cut silhouette Valentine images from A Child's Year cart. Plan is to make 50 cards maybe by the weekend. They will be simple.. silhouette and a sentiment.

Lizzy, so glad you found your keys. And I hope you can get your sleep pattern back on track. What are you working on in the bonus room?
I think we are going to see Les Mis this weekend. I too, want to see Lincoln. At least I think I do.

Rhonda, I want to work on research also. I have lots of gaps I need to fill and then of course there are still the pictures at my Mom's. My sis told me that some of them have photo studio names on them and were from Oregon. That makes no sense to me. Pictures taken 100 yrs ago are not likely to be able to be tracked easily and I have no info that includes Oregon.

Nancy, you will be quite busy when classes start. I am sure you will do well though. And wtg meeting your weight loss goal. I need to work on toning up and losing about 10#. I haven't ridden the bike in a month and we haven't been walking either. Hoping I can change that this week and get the new year going in the right direction.

Time to call it a night here.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1718 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 6:25:48 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning!

Nancy the photos from Riley look amazing. Good that he is having fun and likes it. Again congrats on the weight loss and starting back to school.

Lizzy Don't you just hate it when you set something down and don't focus on it. You have no idea what you did because there is no conscious thought. It is such a waste of time having to look for what you lost. I also have sleep issues all the time. Since my surgery, I figured out that it is my bed creating the problem. I've been sleeping so much better on the couch. I don't want to go back.

Pat good that you are getting a "new", old member. Maybe they can take some of the work load off you.

Lori I do craft everyday but sometimes it's just in the kitchen. Does that count?

Rhonda I played a little with the Cameo yesterday. I love my Cricut machine better but the Silhouette software beats the snot out of anything PC has put out. I love the fact that I can use my own fonts and artwork. Sorry the job is winding down. Hope the new one is sailing along smoothly.

Paula you have the service language? I really have issues with that. Jim says I spent hours cleaning off the driveway and didn't even get a thank you from you. I am like, oh, you did that for me? Definitely not my language but neither is the diamond necklace. LOL Glad to hear the dad is doing well. He is on a very safe medication so that's good too.

Well I have been busy busy. Yesterday I enlisted Jonathan to help me (since he owes me for his CC debt) and we vacuumed and mopped the floor, took Old English Oil to all the wood furniture, cleaned out the hutch and polished the crystal and the stone topped tables. Played a little with the Cameo and the software. And kept the fire going all day. Today I have office work to do getting ready for year end. I am still working in December. Take a trip to the Container Store since Elfa is on sale and I want another thing for the craft room, and drawer organizers.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1719 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 7:21:18 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Yesterday zoomed right by. Two of the Boston girls came over and we spent the day baking. I had a tub of frosting I bought for the cookie class that was the wrong stuff so I wanted to use it. It was nasty tasting so we doctored a bit of it up and used some other. We also made biscotti and chocolate covered peanuts. Yum!
One stayed for dinner and we started on a puzzle.
Today I am going over to the twin's house for a bit this morning and Tay asked me to be the fourth in cards this afternoon with some of his friends.
No Thursday house today because they just returned from Africa Tuesday and I cleaned while they were gone.

Nancy, what beautiful country they are in. The little huts were cool too, I bet they are having a great time.

Carrie, you were very productive yesterday!! Yea for calling in reinforcements! :) Also, it sounds like it is time for a new mattress for you.

Pat, glad you had a good day yesterday too. 30 valentines are a lot!! Even if they are simple.

Rhonda, I didn't think of orange juice, I will have to pick up some oranges. This is just a little three piece hand juicer, not a big electric one. He just got a kick out of it and is having fun making lemonade.

Lizzy, glad to hear you found your keys!!! I bet that is a relief!
Sorry about your sleep cycle being messed up. Hopefully you can get it back on track.

Laurie, how are you feeling?
Nancycs Offline
#1720 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:06:01 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

LIzzy I am glad you found your keys. Riley has been known to leave his keys locked in his car. He started to carry a key in his wallet he has done it so many times. Did you get a better nights sleep last night?

Rhonda I haven't seen the trailer for Lincoln. Of course we record all our shows so we skip all the commercials. I am not sure I could sit through 2 movies unless it were at home. I need to move more than that would allow. Avatar in the theatre was almost too long for me. We saw that in 3D though and I don't like the glasses. They start to give me headaches because they are too heavy. I have to be careful the type of sunglasses I buy. They have to be very light.

Laurie so sorry about your injury and your cold. WIll you go see a chiropractor?

Pat WTG on your productive day. I have to say mine was too. I think your card idea is a good one. I think silhouettes are always a good way to make an easy card. Sounds like your resolution will be to get back on your bike!

Carrie I agree about the silhouette program. It reminds me a lot of SCAL. I haven't splurged for the upgraded program. I only have the free one.

Paula It sounds like you are having some fun relaxing days baking, puzzles, spending time with babies, and cards! Enjoy your day!

I agree about Cambodia. It is beautiful. I can't wait to see Riley's pictures. I may ask for my SIL's pics too.

I managed to knock a few things off my list yesterday and also continued with tax prep. I hope to continue with that today. Tax prep I will do tonight. I will do the smaller things at rest time if the baby sleeps for a while. Although I did a lot of the small things already so there are just bigger things left. I suppose I can just do a little bit. It is just so satisfying to cross something off your list.

I better get moving. I started this before the kids got here.
imnchghere Offline
#1721 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 10:38:08 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. another good day here. Last night I was able to finish up the society project I had started. Now I can take a break for a few weeks.
Gathered all of the holiday stuff today and have it all in the spare bedroom. Plan is to go through it and put the keepers into tubs. The rest will go into box for p/u. I am back to being ruthless.

For my craft challenge, I worked on the cfs Valentines. 50 bases cut/scored.. 25 silhouette cuts done and 25 Love words. I also started packing 2 boxes for my unit.
I thought I had some leftover Hello Kitty Valentine cuts from last year. If I can find them tomorrow I will cut bases and assemble them this weekend.

I didn't get on the bike today, but I did make a LOT of trips up and down stairs with boxes and piles of stuff. Tomorrow I would like to do the Wii just for a change.

Hope everyone else had a good day. I am calling it a night.

rm920 Offline
#1722 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 5:42:02 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Pat, WTG on meeting your crafting challenge. And all those stairs were a great substitute for the bike. I took a peak at your little newsletter, and I really like it. Great job!

Nancy, I don't think I will attend both movies in one setting! I don't think I could sit that long either. May be one each day. But I really want to see both of these movies and weekends are the easiest time for be.

Paula, sounds like you made the best of not having to clean the house. Baking and puzzles is a perfect way to spend the day. Chocolate covered peanuts - yumm! But I couldn't have them in my house as I would want to constantly snack on them.

Carrie, WTG - garnering DS to help with all that cleaning. Can you send him my way?? Hope the paperwork for December finishes us quickly and easily.

Lizzy, were you able to get a good nights sleep? When do you return to the classroom?

Last night I worked on some of my paperwork, getting ready for taxes. Tonight I will probably stop by "old work". Hoping to be able to get W-s's and 1099's printed and ready for mailing. Then to rest of the closing should go pretty quickly. Lots of paperwork to be done this time of the year.

Have a great productive Friday!

imnchghere Offline
#1723 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 9:00:51 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning people... busy morning so far and I have hairapy at noon. Not an ideal time, but I took what I could get. I will go to the grocery after.
I have a pile of catalogues I want to go through and then throw out. Probably do that before I go and I also want to try to find the HK valentine cuts. I know they were part of the things that got *stashed* just before the holidays and it is just a matter of finding the tub they are in. I will be glad when I can get back to the scrap room purging/sorting.

Rhonda, last night I was looking for some info to put on a genealogy MB I am on and stumbled across a new tidbit. A marriage record for an ancestor I didn't know had married. I am finding more and more on the LDS (Family Search)site. Of course then I ended up not getting to bed until late. But I am anxious to see if this marriage leads to other tidbits. Trying to be prepared for the trip to CA when it happens.

Today my craft challenge will be to start printing pictures for layouts. I need a few 5x7's to start. I am hoping to make the crop in March VERY productive.

I think I am going to see what the show times are for Les Mis this weekend. Kind of wishing now, we had just gone Christmas Day. We were just so tired from the family activities the day before.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Lizzy Offline
#1724 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:26:43 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Friday noontime, friends! I am supposed to be working on the last of my lesson plans, but I also have a movie in and I'm trying to catch up on my internet stuff!

Our family has BIG NEWS: last evening, Sarah got engaged! YUP! It's true. We knew it was coming...and then last night, we got a text message with a photo of her engagement ring. It's a very pretty solitaire. It's a round cut, six-prongs. Interestingly....very similar to mine, although I don't know the size of it. She has relatively small hands, so it's hard to judge. I'm very happy for her; I like her fiance, he is originally from India, but is a citizen of Portugal. They don't want a big, fancy (expensive) wedding....rather a small, civil ceremony. They haven't set a date...but I think it might be sometime this spring.

Pat, I am envious of your having completed your un-decorating! I've not reached that point successfully yet. However, I have done a TON of work in the bonus room and am past the halfway point. I'm not moving furniture out, shifting books to the new shelves, moving tables around, reorganizing scrapping supplies, etc. This is the fun part and it's way more productive than the first part which was overwhelming. I still have a few boxes to move out, a bookshelf to move out, etc., but I can still do the scrapping reorganization and move my desk and filing cabinet. Already the room looks SO MUCH BETTER!

The lesson planning I am doing is the new language arts/science unit we are all piloting this year. I know what I am doing, I just have to plan it to the day-to-day specifics. I need to download the videos I'm going to show, etc. I'm only going to fuss with the first week right now in case I run into a snafu or need to tweak the plans.

Carrie, you are a working machine! Don't overdo things and exhaust yourself! Your Jonathan is a good helper to you! I love sleeping on my couch, too! It's the best.

Nancy, congrats to you for getting started on entering your receipts for 2012. Our taxes for this year should be pretty easy...I'd like to get them done earlier this year than last. I'd feel good if I could do that.

Pat, good deal getting going again on the purging! I'm not doing anything with the Christmas stuff. I've kinda already done that...I have some tubs of stuff I don't even open because it's stuff I will eventually pass it along to the girls. And, last year, I went through my snowmen collection and purged it in a major way. So, I'm pretty good with that stuff. It's just everything else that needs a good purging! LOL

Well, I'd better get moving or I'll be in front of this computer all day and won't get to anything else. I hope everyone has a good day...I'll likely be back later today.

Nancycs Offline
#1725 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:48:13 PM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning! Well that is when I started this and this is as far as I got!! LOL

Pat YAY on finishing your society stuff! I am sure you could use the break. Have you gotten on the Wii?

Rhonda is the movie theatre fairly close to you? I usually only see movies on the weekend as well. Our local theatre is playing Argo. I am not sure what that one is.

Lizzy congratulations to Sarah! How exciting for you! It is good that you like her fiance. I hope we will be lucky like that whenever the time comes.

I worked on my taxes again last night. I am getting pretty close with entering receipts and other bills that can be deducted. My hope is to finish that this weekend so I can start going through my calendar to add hours, mileage and other things recorded on that.

Tonight DH and I are going in to get a few groceries and make a couple of returns. That way I have all day tomorrow to work on taxes and other things from my list. I hope to get a lot accomplished. I haven't done much today. I did not sleep well last night. I woke up a couple of times. I was able to fall back to sleep, but it was still interrupted.

I don't think I told you but Riley said he slept in a hammock on the beach instead of in the hut. He loved it! He said he had the best bananas too. He usually doesn't care for them but he said since they were ripened on the tree they were sweet without being soft or mushy.
imnchghere Offline
#1726 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:11:48 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening. It has a been a good day. Brrrr cold with wind, but lots of sunshine. I did not get on the Wii. I am disappointed in myself, but it just wasn't happening. I need to get myself into a routine and that is all there is to it. Tomorrow is another day. I also didn't make it to the grocery store. Hopefully tomorrow. We need fresh produce and healthy snacks.

Lizzy, congratulations to Sarah and her new fiance. Quite a year for her with a new job and now getting married.
I think you have actually done quite well this break considering you were sick and there was the holidays. I can relate to rooms feeling bigger and just generally less clutter. You have done well. Long ago, I gave my girls all their ornaments and even other holiday decor they wanted. When I go through everything one more time, I will give them another opportunity to take more things.

Nancy, good start on the tax stuff. I am hoping we can get ours taken care of earlier this year. Even if we leave them to file, I would rather they be ready way before April. I remember when I had my business, I started right after the first of the year gathering papers and figures.
Sounds like Riley is enjoying his trip. Sleeping in a hammock outside this time of year is a nice treat.

I found the HK cuts for cards and in the envelope were a stack of card fronts that someone had sent me. So I have enough parts for another 3 doz or so cards. Just need to cut some bases for the fronts.

What is everyone up to this weekend? I just heard we have a bit of winter weather in the forecast. Nothing big, but I will have to keep an eye on it.
Lizzy Offline
#1727 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 8:40:40 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends. Thanks for the congratulatory remarks about Sarah! I purged a kitchen cupboard tonight! I was preparing dinner and needed the colander. I was unable to find it, so I began pulling a ton of stuff out of my "tupperware" cabinet. Ultimately, I pulled out some things that I no longer need/use to give my girls. It's one of those cupboards that is in the corner and instead of the builder making a lazy-susan corner, it just goes way back. I need to crawl back in there and drag everything out to really see what is in there and do this deal up "right" and get rid of everything I don't need.

Poor Sarah...she called tonight and a brand new coffee mug she got at Christmas-time has been "stolen" from her at work. I told her I would happily send her some really cute mugs that are probably laden with lead that my students have given me over the years. I keep the cups and use them in the classroom for pencil holders and other receptacles, but I won't drink out of them. (I'm very fussy about the fear of lead.) Then she laughed and said, good idea...then she would know who the culprit is after they begin to exhibit signs of lead-poisoining! LOL

In some of the after-holiday sales, I've bought the girls some linens: mattress covers, pillows, and sheets. I had all of it sent to the house and I'm going to put a box together for Sarah when it arrives along with some other tings to mail to her. Kat will get hers either when she comes down here or I go up to LA to meet with her! I could have had the mailed to each one separately, but I wanted to add some other things to Sarah's.

Pat, don't be so hard on yourself about exercising today. You got a bunch of other things done!

I have pulled some muscles on one side of my rib cage, probably from coughing. I first noticed it the early part of this week. It is so painful. I remember having done this type of thing before and my doc telling me that it takes a long time to heal because every movement, every breath, every cough and sneeze reinjures the muscles. I've been taking ibuprofen, but it isn't helping all that much. Aargh!

My girls have not wanted their Christmas ornaments yet, but perhaps they will within the next year. It sure will be nice when they are ready for them! LOL

Well, I'm going to cut this short and get back to my lame lesson-planning! I might just get one day planned at the rate I'm going. I have so many questions about this new stuff! It's time for me to retire!
rm920 Offline
#1728 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 8:53:34 PM(UTC)
rm920

Lizzy, Congrats to Sarah and her finance! Exciting things happening in the new year! You are making great progress in the bonus room. Soon you will be crafting away. Sorry about the painful ribs. Do take it easy. I got a chuckle out of the "lead poisoning" comment!

Pat, you have been busy as well. I need to sort out all the holiday items. I haven't even opened the boxes in many years. That is a project on my to do list - sort out the storage room. Glad you found the HK cuts so you can get all the donations cards completed. I am with you on needing to get back in the routine of exercising. I know we can do it - we did it before!

Nancy, I am envious of Riley - sleeping in a hammock and eating fresh bananas! My mouth is watering thinking about them. Sounds like you will be ready for the taxes in plenty of time.

I did get a thank you card made tonight. My garage door opener would not work - or should I say the garage door wouldn't go closed. So a friend stopped by to look at it and had it fixed in just a few minutes. He did it while I was at work and said I didn't owe him anything. But I made a card and have a gift card I am going to send to him. If I had to call a repair company, I would have spent a lot more. So very thankful he could help me out!

I think I will go into to old job tomorrow, then in the afternoon, it is Hornet basketball. I also need to get to the grocery some time this weekend. And I am still trying to get to the movies for at least one of the movies. Need to find out which one will be here the longest so hopefully I can work both of them in.
Flee57 Offline
#1729 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 8:59:55 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends. Heading to bed but I thought I'd pop in and catch up.

Big news from Lizzy! how exciting! Please give Sarah my congrats!

Nancy, I'm jealous. Sleeping on the beach in a hammock...my dream sleep. Glad Riley is enjoying his time there.

pat, I've been meaning to ask you. Do you keep your village up through winter or do you put it all away when you put your decorations away?

Paula, I have always wanted to make Biscotti...hazelnut biscotti Yum

Rhonda, will you be completely finished with the old job soon?

Carrie, I've been looking at the Cameo. Do you think it's worth it?

Ok, the craft challenge...I don't think I'll get something done every day but I will get more done by trying to do it. Any craft counts...even if it's just cleaning up in your room or cooking in the kitchen.

I finally got all my meds straightened out and have the stuff for the sinus infection so I am hoping that clears up fast! My back/neck is still very sore. It hurts even typing so this has been a slow post LOL I went to work yesterday but Miranda stayed the whole day so I could leave. I stayed for about 4 hours, helping her out with some new things that we're doing and she needed to know about. We haven't worked together cause she had been so sick for 2 weeks and then all the closed days during the holidays. She and Kim (my other p-timer) worked for me today so I could stay home and rest. I am going in tomorrow 9-12 but not doing Zumba. I'm suppost to go to my Sister's new house in Ft Wayne to help her clean but I won't be going up. Dion doesn't want me driving with being in so much pain. So I think I'll go up the following weekend. Can't wait to see the house!

Heading to bed. My sinus meds make me sleepy so I take it at night to help me sleep. I havne't slept much n the last 4 days. Can't get comfortable.

Later Friends!
imnchghere Offline
#1730 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:56:52 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Saturday morning. Off to a slow start here. I was up late with a new find on my research and so I slept in a bit. This was on my Dad's side and the question of where his paternal grandparents died has not only been answered, but I now have their death records from Canada. A very good late night find.
Laurie, I do leave my Dicken's village up year around. There are 36+ buildings plus all the people, trees and other accessories. I only turn the lights on during the holidays though. Too much work/time taking them down every year. I did buy a new bldg this year after Christmas. They were half price at the Navy Exchange (very unusual). I need to fit it on a shelf now. hmmmmmm
I do hope you are feeling better soon.
Rhonda, glad you were able to get the garage door fixed. I am sure you are correct on what the cost could have been. I am going to ask the kid across the street if he will go up on the garage roof and take down the satellite dish and get all the wires that are on the edge. Jim isn't comfortable climbing up there. I will be glad to pay him.

Today I need to find a box or two to put all the tea pots in. These are from my tea room and I am just not sure how I am going to get rid of them. There are about 20. It is mostly getting past the memories. Jim's cousin does want a couple of them. For now I will just pack them up and find a spot to store them safely. Then we can take the shelves down, that they are on in the dining room.

I am also going to work on the valentine cfs. I am not real inspired, so they are going to be a challenge. I might end up having to do a few more cuts to add to what I have. None of the parts seem to want to work for me.

And so will go my day/weekend. Hope everyone else has a good one.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1731 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:59:29 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good morning.
I knew coming here would help cheer me up. Thanks girls!

Lizzy congratulations to Sarah and to you for your continued purging whether planned or not.

Lori I find the Cameo mush more economical than the Cricut. That said I love my bug and wouldn't trade it for anything but being able to download fonts and clip art and being able to cut and or print and cut them is invaluable. You can also make your own designs very easily so yes I would say definitely worth it. Hope you feel better.

Rhonda hope you can get to the movie. Sounds like this weekend is packed.

Pat I have over 100 items for the Dept 56 Dickens Village in 6-7 boxes somewhere. I have never thought of leaving it up. Maybe next year. WTG on the cards and the continued purging.

Nancy I love hearing about Riley's experience. Keep us posted. Jim would love to go back to Africa someday. I have been a bit leery so your posts are very interesting to me.

Well I don't know if you have seen any of my posts on Facebook but late Thursday night Jenna lost a friend. The 5 girls have been very close friends since first grade. Rachel was killed in a car accident. She was 9 months pregnant and due in 10 days. The baby was taken at the scene by emergency C-section and is presently in critical condition. My heart is very heavy for the girls and for her family especially her twin sister.

Yesterday I hit the ground running and went to the container store where the Elfa storage system is on sale. They had store samples at 50% off and so I came home armed with organization stuff and immediately went to my craft room. It is now clean and somewhat organized. Today I will clean out all the drawers and reorganize them. I have 2 nieces that are getting into scrapbooking and have paper and other things that I plan on sending them.

Well have a good day.

Edited by user Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:00:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: spelling and typos

Lizzy Offline
#1732 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:03:08 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning! I just finished ordering funeral flowers for an aunt of Terry's who passed away. She was one of his mother's favorite sisters, so it's a bit sad, although, as the siblings age, to be expected.

I think it would be fabulous to build a house with a corner in the family room that turned inside a closet so that one could put up their Christmas tree and leave it up all year. When the season ends, you could just rotate the corner inside; then, when the holiday season returns, one could turn the Christmas tree around. Of course, you would have to deal with dust...but...perhaps some sort of hermetical seal would help! On the same note, I'd like to figure out a way to display my snowmen all year round without it being a problem, something like you do, Pat, with your Dicken's Village. I don't have a system right now.

I decided to shut down the schoolwork last night. I did a minimal amount of work, my heart wasn't in it, and I threw in the towel. I will probably live to regret it, but at the same time, I will regret punishing myself today and tomorrow if I sit here with my schoolwork staring me in the face, too. Either way, I will be miserable. I'd rather just wait until Monday and talk to my colleagues about this new unit and then figure it all out. I have a basic idea...it's just a few specifics.

Kat flies in today and we are picking her up in Los Angeles. She gets in around 5:00 p.m. and we'll get dinner and then she'll head home and we'll head home. It's back to work for both she and I on Monday. (Boo!)

I think I'll spend most of today working in the bonus room and getting it finished up today. I had hoped it would have gotten done sooner, but all-in-all, I can't complain.

I like your style, Rhonda, of giving a thank you card and gift card to your friend for fixing your garage door. For sure you saved money! And, while he said you didn't owe him anything, he will certainly appreciate the gift card.

Pat, I'm sorry saying goodbye to the tea pots will be difficult. I think packing them in a box is a good middle step before you finally bid them farewell. I'm sure you kept at least one favorite one for yourself, right? Especially since you are a tea-drinker!

Laurie, I'm sorry you are so under-the-weather. I'm hoping you get some sleep and can knock that sinus infection out...plus can get rid of your sore back and neck.

Well, I'm going to get moving for the day. I've finished my coffee, so it's time....everyone take care, have a great day!
Flee57 Offline
#1733 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 11:57:08 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon everyone! My back/neck is feeling somewhat better today. I am able to move my shoulders better. I still decided not to go to my Sisters. I wouldn't be able to help anyway but I thought I'd go up to see the house. I don't know about you guys but when I drive, my body is kind of rigid and no so relaxed so it hurt when I drove into work so I didn't want to drive 3.5 hours. Plus we are supposed to get snow tomorrow and I don't want to be driving in it. I think another day of rest will help too.

Carrie, I am so sorry about Jenn's friend. What a horrible thing for the family to go through. Also being friends for so long makes it really hard for each of the girls and their families, like you, who knew her well. Prayers being said for her family and friends. I love the Container Store! I could spend hours in there...along with tons of money!

Pat, it sounds like you found some very good information with your research. I imagine your teapots hold a lot of sentimental value so it would be hard to part with them.

Lizzy, sorry about Terry's Aunt. Will keep you both and your family in my prayers. I love the idea about the Christmas tree closet!! I kept my tree up all year with a very large garbage bag over it. I left it in my craft room in our apartment. it was an eyesore and i never did it again. That next Christmas was awesome though with everything already on the tree. It was easy taking everything down this year because I only had that little 3 ft white tree. Cheap ornaments so didn't need lots of care in putting them away. I bought some brown ornaments for this next tree. I went to buy a thing of pink ornaments from WM but they weren't there when I went to buy them. It's brown and pink next year!

Rhonda, I hope you get to the movies this weekend.

Nancy and Paula, I hope your weekend is going awesome!

Well, I'm going into my craft room today. So far I have done at least one scrapbook page each day. They are only 8x8 with one pic on them. Those seem to be all I can handle these days. maybe I will come up with some 12x12 pages of my seaplane adventure.

Later!

I_M_BLEST Offline
#1734 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:05:06 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Hello ladies!!
What a day we have had!! :)
This morning I made a pot of turkey noodle soup and brought a bag to Cindi (twin's mom).
Then we dug in and started on the bedrooms. The goal being trading dressers and chest of drawers with DS. I can't believe how much junk and dust a couple of rooms can accumulate! His were smaller but have more drawer space. And they are lighter wood, which I like. We did get the furniture moved and a lot of things purged but there still are some piles to deal with and DS has to switch out the nightstand junk. I did post some things to sell on the yardsale site and sold two thing tonight. (one being a big basketball hoop thing, almost 9 foot long, 7 feet high!!) All in all, a productive day.

Carrie, so sorry to hear about Jenn's friend. I can't even imagine what that family is going through.
I have never been in a Container store. Maybe that's a good thing. Laugh

Lizzy, I can't believe you go back Monday. Boy that went fast!! Well you did well getting things done around the house in spite of the holidays and being so sick. Enjoy tomorrow!
I think you should get a patent on your tree corner idea!! =D

What a great find Pat!!! I would think that is a jackpot in a search!
Hope the cards are coming together for you.

Laurie, big bummer about your back. I am glad you are seeing a bit of an improvement. I sure hope it continues. It sounds like it was a good move staying home and letting it heal.

Nancy, I too am enjoying the Reily updates, keep them coming!

Rhonda, did you make it to a movie? I am thinking you went to the b-ball game, how was that?
How nice that you had a friend that could fix the door. And thoughtful of you to give him a gift card.

I am running out of steam and need to wash up a few dishes yet.
Flee57 Offline
#1735 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:39:03 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening everyone!

I have been in my craft room since the Bengals lost boooo. I am making some valentine cards for CFS. I've got 20 in my plan. Very simple but I'm having fun with some new $ valentine stamps from WM. I have a new way to store thos ones. Remember the 2 tiered clip it for stickers that I bought at Archivers on my first crop there? Well my stickers have dwindled down so I now hang my packaged stamp sets that I buy at HL, M's and J's. i think I'll like it. I like standing to do my stuff and I am keeping the workspace cleaned. Normally I have to get up to get something (a stamp, stamp pad, etc...) and when I'm done with it I just push it to the side of my work table. Now, I am already standing so I just put it back. Amazing huh? I've got 8 of the 20 cards done. Want to finish them up by tomorrow so D can get them in the mail on Monday.

Curves is picking up! I have appointments Monday at 8,9,10 and 11! All of them are to talk about Curves Complete. Has anyone seen the commercial yet? I excited because this is why I took that long online class to become a certified coach for Curves Complete. I have a feeling we are going to have a crazy January!

Paula, it sounds like you got some work done in the bedrooms today and bonus...some purging! We might have a little snow coming our way. How about you guys? I did an 8x8 page of a flower pic I took while we were walking along the shore last year...well 2011. I needed something to cheer me up this afternoon and the picture of the flowers and the memory of spending tim with my challenged friends cheered me right up!

Well, back to Valentine cards

Later!

Edited by user Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:40:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#1736 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:54:26 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening... Laurie thanks for doing some cards. It will make up for the fact I got nothing done today on my craft table. I spent most of the day on Ancestry & Family search. I can so easily get lost in records and the search. Never know when there will be a find.

Paula, moving furniture always seems to unearth dust and other things. Glad you got a good start on the bedrooms. Next week, I want to get the holiday stuff completed and then I need to work on the dining area. There is a little sentimental value in the teapots as that was 12 yrs of my life, but I have gotten over it. I would just like them to go to a good home or homes.

Tomorrow we are going to see Les Mis. Plan is to go out to breakfast and then go to the 11:15 show. I think the chance of snow overnight is further north (into PA). The next week won't be too bad and even near 50 a few days. I can live with that.

I am going to call it a night now. Have a good Sunday. I will be back tomorrow afternoon and hopefully get some serious crafting done.
Lizzy Offline
#1737 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 12:15:32 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends.

Carrie, we must have posted about the same time earlier today as I did not see your post about Jenn's friend. What a terrible, sad outcome from the accident. The families must be devastated by the loss of the young woman, and yet trying to hold on to hope that the baby survives. What a mixed range of feelings.

We drove up to LA late this afternoon to get Kat from the airport. Then, we went to Manhattan Beach/El Segundo which is just south of that area to have dinner. We ended up at an organic, everything made from scratch in the kitchen Mexican restaurant. The food was delicious. Afterwards, we went to Starbucks, then to the Container Store for a few items. Having spent so much time recently at Ikea, I was thinking how one can get some good ideas at the CS, then go to Ikea to actually do them where the prices are often much more reasonable on many of the things. For example, they had several very simple desks at CS...but one can get a similar (simple) desk at Ikea for much less money. Now, I'm not saying that the desk is as well-made, but...well, you get my point.

I am not buying anything for my scrapping stuff at this time. We don't know how much longer we will be in this house or where we will end up. I think I will made do with whatever I have for now and save my money to invest in a scrapping set-up wherever we end up.

We have several options now...just waiting to see what the bigwigs at Terry's company say about his relocating back to the "fatherland" as he calls it. If they want him back there, they will pay for it so that's a no-brainer. Otherwise, we have to really think this whole thing through.

Actually, I feel like I've been off work forever. It's been around 6 weeks and trust me, I DO NOT have any interest in returning. It is going to be awful dragging my carcass out of the rack and back to work. Once I get into it, I think it will be OK, but the first week or two is going to be painful! I hope to speak with my Principal on Monday about my impending retirement and come up with a plan for how to handle it.

Well, I am going to shut down here...Laurie, sorry about the Bengals losing, but this was likely the Texans last win for the season. Not quite sure what to say. Peace, Sister!
rm920 Offline
#1738 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 7:21:11 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Had a very busy day yesterday. Went to the basketball doubleheader (Ladies won, Men lost in overtime) The out for a salad with friends, then we went to see Les Mis. It was a very good movie. We all really enjoyed it, but there were a few tears. And to top it off - we are going to see Lincoln this afternoon. So another busy day. I don't go to see many movies, but to have two movies I really wanted to see here to same weekend was a bit frustrating, but looks like it will work out.

Laurie, WTG on getting the valentines cards made for CFS. Loved your little flower layout. Sorry about your Bengals. But at least they got to play this weekend, unlike my Chiefs. Hope you get back to feeling good soon.

Pat, you have a nice day planned. And so happy for your recent finds. And I do understand how you can get lost in the search. These little tidbits are what keeps us going.

Lizzy, the new restaurant sounds like it was a good find. Glad you enjoyed it. I have never been to a Container Store nor and IKEA. Not even sure if there are any very close to me. I would love to visit them if just for ideas. I need to find an organized way to have my office/research area blends well with my craft area as it is all in one room. Neither are organized very well.

Paula, glad you got a great start on the furniture move. And everything got a good cleaning at the same time. So double bonus. WTG on already getting some items sold.

Carrie, such a tragedy involving Jenn's friend. My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends. I have not heard of the Elfa system. Might go check it out.

OK, now I have had my coffee. I need to get a few things done here before heading out again. Will check in later.
Flee57 Offline
#1739 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 12:19:21 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good afternoon Friends!

Rhonda, I looked and I think the closest IKEA is in MN for you. You can request a catalog for IKEA and the container Store for some ideas. I don't think I would like Le Mis but I really want to see Lincoln. Have fun at the movies today.

Lizzy, it sounds like you had a really nice day yesterday. I agree with you about IKEA being more affordable than the Container Store. I do really like the Elfa system but would never be able to afford it put together the way I want. There are a few ideas I've seen on Pinterest using IKEA shelving that I want to do at some point. I have an IKEA about 40 minutes away but I don't go very often. I don't think the Texans will beat the Pats next week either. I hope you survive going back. Do you think you'll feel good about retiring once you speak to the Principal? Is the Fatherland NC? NC is still driveable for me!

Pat, I am glad to do the Valentine cards. Hope you are enjoying your day out.

My back feels really good today. My sinus infection is definitely under control. I sure hope the 2nd week of the year is better than the first.

I'm looking forward to a half day tomorrow but a busy day.

Back to my Valentines

Later!

Lizzy Offline
#1740 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 1:01:39 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good morning...it's still morning here on the west coast.

I've finished paying bills (huge undertaking today) and now I'm sitting here trying to decide what to do next. I need to look for some paperwork Kat may have left here...at any rate, she cannot find it and she needs to locate it. I told her I'd look for it today. (She tends to be somewhat careless here, leaving her stuff lying all around...so who knows where it is. I know it isn't in the family room and if it's in the kitchen, it's mixed up with Terry's stuff which is also a mess.) I told her I'd look in the guest room and her bedroom today.

My big plan for the rest of the day is laundry and the bonus room. I'm not sure what dinner plans are...maybe some salmon and broccoli.

Terry is going to be busy working all day, getting ready for the next three weeks of travel. The first week, he will be in NC, which is the Fatherland. Then, he will be going to Turkey, and I'm not sure where he is going the last week. When he has this type of travel schedule, I try not to put too much on his plate because he has so little time to reorganize himself at home. All I'd like him to do for me today is help me move a table about 6 inches! LOL

At the moment, I'm watching my favorite, Andrew Luck, play QB for the Colts, but at the moment Baltimore is beating them, so I might take a break and tune back into the end of the game.

Sorry about your men's team losing in OT, Rhonda. But, glad the women won! I'd like to hear what you think of Lincoln, Rhonda. I haven't felt real strongly about seeing it. I loved Les Mis. For sure I cried...several different times, too. I'm not sure if Kelly cried or not...she tends not to cry during movies when I will be a mess!!

Paula, I'll hope to hear from you and find out how much more you did today in your house. There's always tons of dust...yuck! I can't imagine where it all comes from?

Everyone take care....I'll check in later!