Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

giosmommy Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 11:58:26 PM(UTC)
giosmommy

Groups: Registered

ok so i got my expression 2 i believe in like may or june? my friend just recently got one like a couple weeks ago. she wanted me to go show her how to use hers since she had a mini one before n not touch screen. when i went there it was a different setup than mine. a easier and i think quicker setup. i came on here to look for something to maybe update mine to look and function like hers...now my question is does it change everything or can u select what to update? also how does the sync thing work...i know you plug it in to the computer but i mean like does it update all the time? i was tryin the craftroom one time and the next time i went to log in to that it told me to update so i did and it changed everything and i couldnt figure out how to use it (not the best with technology) so i havent gone back on to that yet. i need help lol. i love my cricut and would love to figure out how to use it properly. i dont even know what half of the buttons are for exactly.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:53:53 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7882 time(s) in 3691 post(s)
Originally Posted by: giosmommy Go to Quoted Post
ok so i got my expression 2 i believe in like may or june? my friend just recently got one like a couple weeks ago. she wanted me to go show her how to use hers since she had a mini one before n not touch screen. when i went there it was a different setup than mine. a easier and i think quicker setup. i came on here to look for something to maybe update mine to look and function like hers...now my question is does it change everything or can u select what to update? also how does the sync thing work...i know you plug it in to the computer but i mean like does it update all the time? i was tryin the craftroom one time and the next time i went to log in to that it told me to update so i did and it changed everything and i couldnt figure out how to use it (not the best with technology) so i havent gone back on to that yet. i need help lol. i love my cricut and would love to figure out how to use it properly. i dont even know what half of the buttons are for exactly.

To update your E2 connect it to your computer, power it on and once it's on open up Cricut Sync and it will prompt you to update. If you don't have Cricut Sync you can download it from here: http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync

The latest version of CCR has many tutorial videos you can watch. You can access them by clicking on the Help button in CCR.

I'm not sure which Cricut your friend has. I'm guessing it's either the Cricut Mini (which has no keypad or screen) or one of the older Cricuts that do have a keypad.

Either way - the E2 is totally different and you can't really make it function like the other Cricuts.

You'll find lots of info on using the E2 here: http://www.cricut.com/home/using-your-cricut/expression-2

If there's something in particular you're having trouble with, just ask! Smile
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
giosmommy on 12/20/2012(UTC)
giosmommy Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:56:57 PM(UTC)
giosmommy

i think she had a mini before. i know its small. but she got and e2 for her birthday once she saw how big mine cut. but mine asks me about cutting like 4 or 5 times...when i was showing her hers it only asked her like once or twice. i like that a lot easier. and also after cutting, once i unload, mine would like take all the items i was cutting away n bring them back one by one and i would have to wait til it was done doing that before i could go on to the other screen. hers doesnt. i think hers has less steps. i will have to look into the ccr videos because i think it will be more convenient for me to prepare on the laptop. thanks for your help...i have tried to read the manual but i feel i understand more from asking on here BigGrin
giosmommy Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 10:58:04 PM(UTC)
giosmommy

p.s. u have helped me before right?
Narelle Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 21, 2012 2:39:12 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

p.s. u have helped me before right?

I think so. BigGrin

i think she had a mini before. i know its small. but she got and e2 for her birthday once she saw how big mine cut. but mine asks me about cutting like 4 or 5 times...when i was showing her hers it only asked her like once or twice. i like that a lot easier. and also after cutting, once i unload, mine would like take all the items i was cutting away n bring them back one by one and i would have to wait til it was done doing that before i could go on to the other screen. hers doesnt. i think hers has less steps. i will have to look into the ccr videos because i think it will be more convenient for me to prepare on the laptop. thanks for your help...i have tried to read the manual but i feel i understand more from asking on here BigGrin

It sounds like you haven't updated your E2 yet. The latest update changed the cutting screen and added a couple of extra buttons. One of those sends your design strait to the E2 without asking you anymore questions.

If you haven't already downloaded Cricut Sync you can get it from here: http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync

Install that, open it up (making sure you have your E2 attached to your computer and powered on first) and it will prompt you to update.

Once your E2 is updated you should be good to go. Smile
giosmommy on 1/1/2013(UTC)
giosmommy Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 3:42:48 PM(UTC)
giosmommy

i updated it and now it looks like hers. thanks for the help. i dont get a lot of time to play with my E2 with the little one but when i do sometimes i get confused. i like this update better than mine was before. it would ask me if i wanted to cut a bunch of times. now hopefully i can figure out the craft room. i actually do have a question about that. when i want to use the craft room do i have to sync my cartridges or can i just have them plugged into my E2? i dont really want to sync them just yet. but i would like to make the babys invites on the craft room. i think it would be easier to create and save if i dont have time.
Maxluv Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:01:32 PM(UTC)
Maxluv

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 482 time(s) in 369 post(s)
No you do not have to link your carts to the CCR.
 1 user thanked Maxluv for this useful post.
giosmommy on 1/5/2013(UTC)
giosmommy Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:13:13 AM(UTC)
giosmommy

thank u. i have another question. i want to order a couple single images from here and does that mean that they are forever in my ccr or are they only there for a certain amount of time? -also...what is the difference with the imagine cartridges...can i use them on my E2 or no. they have somecute ones but i dont want to order them if i cant use them.
Narelle Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 4:20:16 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

thank u. i have another question. i want to order a couple single images from here and does that mean that they are forever in my ccr or are they only there for a certain amount of time? -also...what is the difference with the imagine cartridges...can i use them on my E2 or no. they have somecute ones but i dont want to order them if i cant use them.

When you purchase a digital cart it is yours forever.

You can use the Imagine image carts in your E2 but not the Colors and Patterns carts (as the E2 can't print.)

giosmommy on 1/5/2013(UTC)
giosmommy Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 6:59:54 PM(UTC)
giosmommy

ok another question lol...sorry...there is a lot of stuff that i do not know about this. so i was looking into redeeming some of my points and was looking into the section where there are cartridges that give u the cricut circle membership thing. when i redeem for that do i receive an actual cartridge? when u read it it says cartridge not digital but i want to make sure