Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

50 Pages«<1819202122>»
Shelly Offline
#571 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:07:40 PM(UTC)
Shelly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 277 post(s)
Joy - So sorry to hear about Megan's house! That is awful. Hopefully the insurance will come through and help with the cost and it won't be as bad as they think when they get into it!

Had a busy day yesterday. Took down all our Christmas dcorations and then got ready for our family New Year's eve party. We get together and eat lots of junk and watch a couple DVDs. It was one of the SIL's birthday the day before. He is the husband of my daughter who just found out she is pregnant. Her siblings didn't know she was pregnant yet, so she got a cake decorated in blue and pink that said "Happy Birthday Daddy To Be". She brought it out and everyone looked at it weird wondering why she would get it decorated like that. They didn't read it, so I told them to look at the writing. Then they got it and were so excited for her!

We had a fun night. I ended up chasing the GS around all night since he didn't care about the TV. He has ALOT of energy, I didn't think he would every go to sleep, but he finally did.

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone! I hope everyone has a very creative year!
NJsharon Offline
#572 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 2:08:08 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Guessing most people are sleeping in late today?! LOL

We partied like it was 1999 last night. LOL We had a great time at a hotel New Years Eve party. Had waiters bringing around little nibbles on trays, 5hr open bar, lovely buffet dinner, shrimp cocktail starter too, DJ & dancing! Started at 8.30pm & we lasted until about 1am then crashed in our room. Party finished at 2am I think, but we were beat!

I had a brilliant time, but I am soooo tired today! I slept terribly. The bed & room were great, but didn't like the pillows. One pillow was too flat, 2 pillows was too high. Sigh. Then hubby was snoring so loud all night. LOL So I think I slept 1 hour if that! Woke up at 8.30am, had a very light breakfast at the hotel (also included), then went to collect our girls from the friend/babysitter.

They had a brilliant time too! The lady did a ball drop for all the kids at 10pm, they went outside with noise makers & shouted Happy New Year after. She said the neighbors must think they are nuts as they were all partying at 10.05pm that it was New Year! LOL Girls also did crafts, had dinner there & played games. Then were in bed by 10.20pm fast asleep! This morning they had a nice pancake/sausage/bacon breakfast there, played & were mad when we came to collect them as they wanted to stay longer. LOL

Aaaaw 7 1/2 years old & they are getting grown up enough to have sleepovers now! So proud of them & glad they had a good time.

If any of you are on Facebook I posted pics on my wall of me, some of hubby & also there is a couple of the girls from last night. You can look me up (Sharon Ivanauskas).

Today is cleaning up a little... laundry, putting away Christmas ornaments. Then been relaxing too. Will be an early night tonight as I have work tomorrow. Need to be up by 6.30am, so will probably be in bed by 8pm tonight!!! I am shattered!

A very very happy New Year to you all! Hope 2013 is the best year yet!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#573 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 4:35:40 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1556 time(s) in 1246 post(s)
You really should go and look up Sharon on facebook. She looked beautiful!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#574 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:28:53 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Well, I did it. I am not all that happy about it, but I did it. I bought two digital cartridges.

They are both Imagine carts that I should have gotten a long time ago, but didn't, and now they are TOO expensive. Instead of 35 to 50 dollars, they were $15 each with this sale they have going.

I guess now I will have to learn CCR. Unless I can figure out how to get them to my G!
SandraB. Offline
#575 Posted : Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:42:31 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 263 post(s)
Happy 2013 everyone!

Well, we got the kids delivered to the airport yesterday morning for 5:15 and we were back at home and in bed by 6:30. I think I picked up a bug of some sort as I felt quite lousy last evening. We did go to my cousin's but were home by 11:00. Slept quite late today...still not 100%, but oh well. We did manage to go to mom's as it was her birthday today. Sis & her dh were supposed to go also but she wasn't feeling well either. Great way to start the yearMellow! Did take most of my Christmas stuff down from upstairs today, the tree will come down tomorrow.

Sonja: glad you got some scrapbooking done. I didn't put up hardly any Christmas stuff either, so not much left to put away now

Joy: hope the insurance looks after dd house ok. Hope you like your new carts. I just posted the couple that I got with my new Cricut on Kijiji as I already have them. Hope I can get a few $$$ for them

Nancy: hope your dinner went well

Shelly: sounds like you had a fun evening

Sharon: your New Year's Eve sounded very exciting for both you and your girls.

It has warmed up quite nicely here now...it was 0 C when we were going to mom's.

Bye for now, take care everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#576 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:42:45 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sandra, maybe you will have the yucks over with for the year! And right now, I think we have you beat for temperature. It is below freezing ALL DAY. And right now it is snowing. It is pretty as it is just drifting down, but I am tired of the cold. When it gets this cold, we have to drizzle the faucet in the master bath tub. The pipes are in the foundation of the house, and freeze very easily. Maybe someday we will rip out the bedroom floor and re-route the pipes.

I have a hunch insurance will not pay on Megan's house since it was a slow leak.

More gathering and packing today. And I really would like to get a couple of cards made and mailed, but we will see.
SandraB. Offline
#577 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:23:50 AM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Fairly decent day so far today weatherwise. Supposed to got to around 0 later this afternoon. We just finished taking the tree down and I've got everything put away. Took the van to get the passenger seat cleaned as somehow I got some lovely black streaks on it from something I got on the back of my coat. Next stop this afternoon will be to take my coat to the drycleaners. Feeling much better today, still kind of dragging my feet but I think I'm on the mend.

We have basements here so freezing pipes usually aren't an issue here as we also heat our houses with furnaces so they are kept fairly warm all the time. I hope the insurance does help Megan with her house...fingers crossed.

I've got some laundry going, then hope to get some crafting done this afternoon.

Talk to eveyrone later.
Shelly Offline
#578 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 10:44:13 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Joy - I hope your snow is not coming my way, since it usually will! Haven't watched the news for a couple days. Which carts did you get? I can't do CCR, because I don't have a good connection in my basement to it. I got a bunch of carts on clearance at Hobby Lobby for the I. I accidentally got 2 of Ancestory, so I need to go see if I can take one back. Doubt it since they were on clearance.

Sandra - Hope you feel better soon!

Sandra - Sounds like you had a really nice NYE! Sounds like your daughters must have had a lot of fun too!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#579 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:00:59 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I got Santa's Village and Greeting Cards Inside and Out. At least with the Christmas cart, I won't be using it all year.

I just don't want a computer based system. I LOVE my Gysy because I can travel with it. I usually take it to my oldest DD's as she has an E, and I got a baby bug so I can take it and my G camping. No internet camping!
Shelly Offline
#580 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 11:17:20 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

I also LOVE my G. I haven't put my I carts on it yet. My daughter and I bought carts together and so when she moved out, we were in a dilema about what to do, so I got the G and she has the carts. We now buy our own, but had too many to start over. Probably not how we should do it, but we are trying to do right now. You can use your new cart to get an early start on your Christmas cards for next year. That is my plan.....not my reality. But I can dream. I'm going to try and do the challenge to make some eah month, but we will see how it goes.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting on 1/2/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#581 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 3:59:50 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1316 time(s) in 1023 post(s)
Sharon send me a photo I am not on FB!! glad you and DH had a wonderful time

Our NYE was low key but fine with me...

Our Turkey dinner was so good I love having a small turkey cooked in 4 1/2 hours it was plenty of turkey 14 pds. Gave quite a bit for Patty and Bob to take home along with the fixings.

Dh has to take back the Sleep Ap machine he has to be fitted for a different mask. They gave him small and a med. but so much air is escaping he thinks he needs a large.But he is sleeping much better and feels better thru out the day.

Had bowling today won all 3 games jumped into 2nd place... it was a fun day

Sounds like everyone enjoyed their New years Eve..

Joy enjoy your new carts

Have a good evening/day
NJsharon Offline
#582 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:06:50 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well was back to school/work today. Wasn't too bad. I thought the kids would be crazy but they weren't too bad & the day went quick. So was happy!

Lazy evening tonight, will be going to bed at a decent time tonight as I am tired. One of my girls had a bad dream last night so crept into our bed & kept me awake (as she was snuggled right up against me)!

Glad I don't have anything this weekend going on. Just need to print some photos out as I have a crop the following weekend (friday night through to sunday lunch time) in the Poconos. Will probably take my cricut with me & some cartridges (as I got rid of my gypsy, didn't use it enough). May start on those few Christmas cards too, for the challenge!
NJsharon Offline
#583 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:17:22 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Okay, here are a couple of pics, for those not of FB or who don't want to friend me. LOL

1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 1/4/2013(UTC)
PedalPower Offline
#584 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:17:30 PM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi girls....last day with DS home with me. He's ready to go back, I think. Getting a little bored at home stuck inside.

I have a bike race meeting in the morning, but the rest of the day will be scrapping. I have cleaned mostly everything today, so in good shape for tomorrow! I am determined to scrapbook more in 2013. I changed my subscription kit from getting 6 by 6 paper (which is fabulous for cards) to 12 by 12 so I can get some nicer paper to create with. Looking forward to that!
SandraB. Offline
#585 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 7:28:00 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Got my van back, they did a fabulous job cleaning the seat, they even washed my van and best of all...didn't charge a cent! Happy New Year to meBigGrin!

Sonja: glad you are getting lots of scrapping done

Sharon: glad you had a good first day back at school, Monday is the day for us. Hope your little gal sleeps better tonite. I have a crop this coming Sat., so need to start getting ready for it. I think I know what I'm taking to work on, just have to get my stuff together

Shelly: have fun with your new carts

Nancy: glad your dinner went well, congrats on your bowling. Hope dh gets his machine sorted out. It sure has made a difference with Troy.

Joy: I have an original Cricut (is that the baby bug?) that I take to crops. I take my G as well as a few carts if my friend is coming so she can use them.

The house seems so empty again as all the kids have gone homeMellow! Just took Troy back to his house this evening.

Bye for now, take care everyoneBigGrin
DebbieScraps Offline
#586 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 8:19:09 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Wow, I am glad all the festivities are over, hopefully can get back to some normal life and relax BigGrin but it was all fun.

On the night of new years day we always go to the river with a picnic dinner and meet up with friends and they have various bands playing and then a huge firework display. It is always a good evening and a nice way to end all the festivities. It actually started to drizzle rain, not much but enough to be a nuisance but after the heat it was a welcome change! the firworks still went on as normal. You would hope that the rain would have lowered the temps slightly which in theory it has but it sent the humidity levels sky high so it actually feels hotter!!! We are all longing for some normal summer temperatures here.

Joy, sorry to hear about Meagan's house, I am sure it is the last thing she needs on her plate at the moment with all the wedding plans etc.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#587 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:05:26 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning.

It is all of 3 degrees outside. I am going Southern California! LOL

Sharon, I think one of my very good friends ordered Artiste from you yesterday. I emailed her the info, and she fell in love with it. Her mom passed away about two weeks before Christmas, and she is overwhelmed with life, and it was time for her to do something for herself.

Sandra,so nice the did a good job on your van!

Debbie, a neighboring town has fireworks on New Year's Eve, but a person around here has to BUNDLE UP to watch them.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
NJsharon on 1/3/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#588 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:38:56 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sharon - Your pics are so nice!! (Sorry I referred to you as Sandra in an earlier post)

Sandra - Good to hear you van is back to new! Did the marks come off your coat?

Nancy - Dinner sounds like it went well! Wish I had some turkey. Maybe I'll go get one soon and cook it up with all the rimmings again.

Well my husband went away for the week without me, but that's fine. Sitting in a cold RV doesn't sound fun. Been nice to have a few days to go at my own pace without him hovering. He had been off for a while before and after Christmas and was bored and drove me crazy. Unfortunately, I am without a car today. Last night my son went to his car after work and it wouldn't start. So I picked him up, and today we had it towed to the shop. He took my car to work. I don't have any place I NEED to go. Just hate not being able to if I want to. I'm sure I'll live, but its annoying. Hopefully they fix it fast.
SandraB. Offline
#589 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 12:45:12 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Sort of a lazy day so far. Just noticed the Daun Jaun cart for free on CCR. Was just going to cut a title for one of Troy's pages...might give it a try. Will have to head out for gas and a few groceries soon and Troy has physio a bit later. Gas is the lowest it's ever been since about 2010BigGrin BigGrin...under a $1.00/litre.

Sharon: your pics are awesome...you look greatBigGrin

Debbie: no picnics here for New Years Eve. You would have to bundle up for fireworks around here. Though it is rather mild here again today

Shelly: I won't get my coat back until Mon. Sorry to hear about ds car. That's always the way, when you don't have something around you think you need it. Hopefully, it won't take long to get his car fixed and that it's something minor.

Have a great day everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#590 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:53:52 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

A few days with no one hovering sounds wonderful! Only in my dreams, these days, though.

I should be getting ready to leave home, but instead I am making a big snowflake to put up on a thing I have to decorate with. It kind of is shaped like a birdhouse, but flat, and it has a peg to hand stuff on. Everything I hang on it is wood, and I would like to use my E to make a pattern to cut a wooden snowflake, but a cardboard snowflake will have to do for now.

I was using a corn flakes box as chipboard, and i thought I had cut it before with no problems,but I couldn't get it to cut all the way through. I just might have to invest in a deep blade housing, or whatever they are called.

DH just went to Megans to start trying to remove moldy yuck. An insurance adjuster came and looked at it this morning. He made it sound like maybe insurance will pay. That would be wonderful!
NJsharon Offline
#591 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 3:36:48 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post

Sharon, I think one of my very good friends ordered Artiste from you yesterday. I emailed her the info, and she fell in love with it. Her mom passed away about two weeks before Christmas, and she is overwhelmed with life, and it was time for her to do something for herself.

Aaah, that explains it! lol I saw I had an order for the Artiste cartridge & when I looked at the name & address I didn't recognize the name. So I did wonder how the customer had found me!

Thanks for the referral, I really appreciate it! I had sent her a Thank You note just introducing myself & saying if she had any questions to get in touch with me.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#592 Posted : Thursday, January 03, 2013 3:57:23 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

She is the lady that we went on the Alaskan cruise with. Merle and her husband worked together before DH and I even started dating. The live in Idaho, but only like 20 minutes from us.
AlyaMama Offline
#593 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:33:08 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello all- Happy New Year everyone. Busy end of the year for me. I feel like I'm always 3 days behind on everything.

Nancy- I accept your challenge! I can't wait to get a head start on Christmas cards.

Joy-We're supposed to be getting snow but I doubt it. I hope the insurance will pay for Megan's mold problem.

Debbie- a picnic would be nice for New Years Eve. We did nothing. I fell asleep, I do that every year.

Sonya have fun with DS his last day home.

My kids just started winter break, they are off for a month. They go back Feb 3rd. I have big plans for them. Still trying to get the Legos sorted. Yes, I'm still doing that. Khalid told me we started this hare-brained idea last year at winter break. We are def. going to get it done this winter break.

My goals for this year are to chat more with you all, work on my scrapbooks. I'm so embarassed that Lalya is almost 10 months old and I still haven't even started her album. Bad mommy. I want to do more around Jordan with the kids. Jamal isn't into the tourist thing so I'm going to do it with them. They got cameras for Christmas and I think they should take more than just pictures of Layla with them.

Better go. My current project is I want to make some paper doll kits with a journal to sell at a local kids book shop.

Bye for now
Larmabee Offline
#594 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 12:37:11 PM(UTC)
Larmabee

Canada

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 290 post(s)
HELLO!
This Christmas break has been a bit busy!
DD wanted to have a sleep over on the 21st (last day of school), so her friend came home with us at lunch as we were dismissed early. She ended up staying with us until lunch on the 25th. Her dad was drinking and there was no one else home. None of her aunts were interested in keeping her, so we made an adventure of it. The girls had a lot of fun, but the whole thing made me and DH sick. Imagine letting a 11 year old daughter stay at a friend's for Christmas because of drinking! WE went and got some of her gifts from her house and scrounged up a stocking with little gifts for her.
Boxing day we packed up to visit DH family. They had a big party in memory of their father who passed in October. It was a great time, but we were away too long. I'm a home body.
Today is my second day home. I feel like I hardly had a break. Work/school starts back Monday, so I have a couple days left.
It is so nice to read what you all have been doing. I missed the MB in my time away.
Talk to you all soon
Laura
SandraB. Offline
#595 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:34:17 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Did some housework today, visited an old neighbour and now I'm getting packed for a crop tomorrow. My 2 paper doll carts arrived today, I think I will take them with me tomorrow.

Angie: good luck with your lego adventure. Have fun exploring Jordan, maybe get the kids their own scrapbooks so they scrap all the pics they take. Your paper doll kits sound great.

Laura: what a great thing you did for the little gal...I'm sure she loved it. Glad the rest of your holiday went well. Back to school for me on Mon. also.

I think one of my challenges for this year also has to be to use my stash.

Better get back to packingBigGrinfor scrapping tomorrowBigGrin!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#596 Posted : Friday, January 04, 2013 7:41:40 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1316 time(s) in 1023 post(s)
Sharon.... beautiful pictures thanks for posting. My computer doesn't like FaceBook we always had problems when we signed on so neither one of us go there...

Glad everyone enjoyed their Holidays I think everyone one of use have been busy.

so glad they are done and over with. Funny i look forward to Chrismtas but so much going on.

Abigail is moving backwards crawling. she is getting so big.

Angie.... glad you will join in the challange. Sounds like you have been busy crafting.

Sat. is Chiropractor Day my knee has been giving me problems only after I bowl I will be in pain for 2 or 3 days then I am fine. I love bowling I would hate to give it up.

Then I also made an appt. for the Orthopedic doctor in 2 weeks. See what he has to say.

DH is doing well with his new machine they had to give him a larger mask so he is really sleeping much better but the machine is loud!!

Sandra.. glad you got your van back all nice and clean

Laura.. that is unbelievable someone would leave theri child at a friends house on Chrismtas... shame on that family. Glad you took care of her and made her Christmas a good one

Shelly.. I think I would also stay home in a warm house too bad about your son's car and I know how you feel you want to do something good and lend your car out but then you are without a car!!

Well our gas prices so far are down. I just paid $4.09 for high test I put that in once a month and then the mid grade the rest of the time. Luckly my SUV takes bothBigGrin

Keeping busy with Miss Abigail finally got her naps down either I just got it or she just got it!! LOL

So we get 2 good naps a day sometimes 3 but rarely...

Have a good day all/night

AlyaMama Offline
#597 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 1:17:40 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Laura that is so sad for that little girl, you def. earned major points. You prob. made her Christmas. I too feel like all I've been doing is rush rush rush. Glad the holidays are over.

Sandra you'll LOVE the paper dolol carts. I love mine and go to them quite a bit. Espceally for the kids books, if I ever worked on them I would anyway. Enjoy your crop!

Nancy I'm glad the holidays over too. I love them, but glad when they're done. Too funny about Abigail crawling backwards. Layla is now cruising we have to really watch her especially around the end tables. Jamal is always leaving stuff she shouldn't have on them.

Today I'm taking the Christmas stuff down, Adam isn't happy about it. I told him to take a picture of the tree and we would print it out. The kids all got cameras for Christmas.

I'm using up my scraps toady to make the paper doll clothes, it feels so good to use them.

Bye for now.

PedalPower Offline
#598 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 6:05:50 AM(UTC)
PedalPower

Was thanked: 1571 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Hi Girls!

Laura...while I know that's not how you planned to spend your holiday, I also know that someday you will look back at this Christmas as one of the best ones you spent. You did amazing things by taking that girl in like that. I'm sure it changed her in many ways. Poor kid.

I scrapbooked yesterday!!!! I made a few cards, got a layout set up, cleaned up my room so you could walk in it, all sorts of scrappy fun!

Still lots of snow on the ground, but our snowman has lost his head. LOL We now have a body only snowman.

Headed out for a haircut in a bit then will work out at home today. Our gym was hit HARD by New Years Resolutioners. Any "regular" at the gym will tell you that the first six weeks of the year are the most annoying time to belong to a fitness center. Ugh.
Shelly Offline
#599 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:06:26 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Laura - That was so wonderful of you to do that for your daughter's friend! Hard to believe a parent could do that to a child.

Nancy - How cute, Abigail is crawling backwards! Babies are so fun!

Last night I tried to clean up my crafting area. I have a workbox (if you've heard of those), and it needed reorganizing so I can find things! I worked on it for quite a while. It is a whole lot better, but not how I really want it, so I will be doing some thinking on how to organize my papers the way I want them an still have enough room. But at least it is cleaned up and better than it was.

Now to get working on the challenge and make a few Christmas cards. Going to hopefully, use what I have and not buy anything! LOL! I can dream.
SandraB. Offline
#600 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:03:34 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Home from my crop, had a great time and managed to get quite a few pages doneBigGrin! My goal was to finally finish one of Troy's bowling albums and I did itBigGrin BigGrin! Then did a few pages for my great-neice's album. One advantage of cropping with this group is it's not at a shop so there is nothing to buy! I'm so wanting to use up my stash! or at least make a small dent in itLOL!

Nancy: it won't take long for Abigail to start going frontwards...then the real fun starts! Hope your chiropractor appt. went well.

Angie: hope you got your Christmas stuff all down. Good luck with your paper dolls

Sonja: good luck with your workouts. Have fun scrapping!

Shelly: hope you got your crafting area all organized

We're off to another bowl-off for Troy tomorrow afternoon, then will have to pick up a few groceries on the way home.

Take care everyone