Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AnnetteStevens Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 25, 2012 4:13:07 PM(UTC)
AnnetteStevens

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Merry Christmas everyone i am very new to these boards and am just getting started with my yudu...but reading up on buying trancparancies which was near to impossible to find in our little town I went into walmart and bought clear vinyl table cloth that is in the fabrics section and cut that into the size the I needed. Very cheep like under 3 for a yard that was 54 inches wide and it worked great. Ok it worked but my emulsion burning has some needed experience to say the least.
NewfyMom Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, December 26, 2012 10:23:44 PM(UTC)
NewfyMom

Was thanked: 205 time(s) in 126 post(s)
Well color me confused. What is the problem with the emulsion? How in the heck are you running table cloth material through your printer? And my goodness. No wonder you're having challenges.

Transparencies should be found in the office supply section of Walmart. I haven't gone to mine to check but that is a whole other conversation. If your 'little' town is big enough to have a Wally World...do you have a Target or other box store. You can find them online as well but that's probably what you are trying to avoid. Check out my FAQs. I think we have covered a lot of the issues there.

Good luck with that table cloth! I'm fasinated to see if that works. Hint*sometimes I print the same art on two transparencies and double up to make a more opaque image for my emulsion. When I don't I get a more distressed look to my image.
AnnetteStevens Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:45:57 AM(UTC)
AnnetteStevens

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am cutting out the images out of vinyl and putting them on the table cloth instead of the transparencies I just found it cheeper that way.
CraftySanSan Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 12:05:52 PM(UTC)
CraftySanSan

Was thanked: 348 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I am guessing single sheet in the printer. If you have a vinyl cutter for true opacity, just place on design on vinyl table cloth etc. Cool