Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#91 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:43:20 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)

Christine
What a great card, love the scissor cut and the sentiment is on the mark! Like the button on the center and how you cut the letters from contact paper, what a great idea! Glad your Mom is better.

Have to go get Dinner will finish commenting laterBigGrin[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Thanks Turtlebug.. .It just came to me when I saw it in the handbook! It was the perfect sentiment. I use contact paper a lot for my cards. It's easy to peal and stick verse using the vynal. . . the vynal is rolled up and it is not straight. . .that is why I use contact paper. . .much easier to use!
 1 user thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/8/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#92 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 11:43:37 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Hello everyone! Real quick before I get kicked out or something...

BingoLady will be hosting for this coming Wednesday!
Thank you so much
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#93 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:11:15 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

I'm still recovering from my sinus infection... nearing 2 weeks now. I tried to log in yesterday but I kept getting the "there is a problem with this page" error message

carrottop50: loving all the flowers on the pink card! That's so pretty. Love the giant candle! That is just cute and the colors are wonderful

christineramey8b61e521: cute cute scissors card... love the giant cut

Gisele: gorgeous set of cards. I really love the way the car turned out! You did an awesome job putting those cuts together. Love the accordion folds too! Ooooh that mostly beige card is beautiful, love the giant button center... so nice that you have the inside done too!

LisaW.:
awesome thank you cards and awesome papers you found that's just perfect for the iTunes theme

SHELBYWOO:
beautiful sympathy card... love the muted tones you used for this card and very nice sentiment

1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/8/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#94 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:13:32 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
I have a question for you all. . .how in the world are you making your sentiments so small and to fit in such small places? What is your technique for that? I can't figure that out. Thanks.

I only have the Cricut Expression 1. I don't have the 2 machine at all. Any tips for me?

I also have the Cricut Expression 1... unless I have a brand new blade and a brand new cutting mat, I really can't cut small sentiments neatly. What I have been doing is using the Cricut gel pens or QuicKutz markers to "cut" (in this case draw) the sentiment right on the paper I'm using then color it in with glitter gel pens

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#95 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:17:37 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

A funny thing, spoke to carrottop about the sentiments and using the cuddlebug, shortly afterwards I recalled I had a Hobby Lobby gift certificate to still use. So, I went looking online for a promo code and after much looking I had finally found one which I was relieved for. It saved me almost $40 on a cuddlebug. I was able to use the gift card for it and I had been wanting for a while. So, it worked out well! I'm so glad.

Now, my question is I have some bonus reward points that I need to use, I want to get some embossing folders with it, which ones would you choose from what is in the reward points and which ones have been useful to you? Also, with the embossing folders, do I need to purchase embossing powder to work with it? I'm not sure how any of it works, I'll be watching some YOUTUBE to learn how it all works. But thrilled it worked out. I also had to apparently buy a C MAT (whatever that is, lol!) for it because from the reviews I read it did not come with the machine. Now, I have to figure out how to use the thing!

But I can't wait to start using it!

Thanks carrottop for the tips! I'll be using them soon! :)

Choosing embossing folders is exciting but it is totally up to you which ones you like. I find everyone has different preferences on which folders they like using.

The embossing powders has nothing to do with the embossing folders... completely different technique but I have been using a LOT of embossing powders to use with heat embossing lately (mostly with stamps). It's fun but messy technique. YouTube uses for embossing powders... you'll see there are tons of things you can do with these

BingoLady Offline
#96 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:46:07 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
sketches
*NanaDonna* Offline
#97 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:24:37 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2645 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
Still busy around here, but I did manage to get sketch #1 done.

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#98 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:34:20 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna*: oooh I like the different colors on this card. That's really pretty
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#99 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:39:22 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Just sharing... not a part of the sketches...

This is a card I made for hubby. He is running the Disney marathon this Sunday and I plan to give this to him when he crosses the finish line. It will be his first FULL (26.2) marathon. He's done the 1/2 marathons before

It's also my "sports" project for My Sheri Crafts which is the current challenge right now, so come join us!
#100 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:57:45 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
Choosing embossing folders is exciting but it is totally up to you which ones you like. I find everyone has different preferences on which folders they like using.

The embossing powders has nothing to do with the embossing folders... completely different technique but I have been using a LOT of embossing powders to use with heat embossing lately (mostly with stamps). It's fun but messy technique. YouTube uses for embossing powders... you'll see there are tons of things you can do with these

Thanks Raquel. I've seen the same thing and went ahead and purchased some off of ebay because I get it much cheaper there, the only problem with doing that is that most of the colors are discontinued. Oh well, they will be used! It was really hard to pick but decided on the sentiments collection. Figured I could use those a lot with my cards. Plus, by the time I get my "Just Because" cartridge and the cuddlebug machine I may have enough points to purchase another set that I wanted. So it will be okay but thanks for letting me know! :)
#101 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:02:12 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

I also have the Cricut Expression 1... unless I have a brand new blade and a brand new cutting mat, I really can't cut small sentiments neatly. What I have been doing is using the Cricut gel pens or QuicKutz markers to "cut" (in this case draw) the sentiment right on the paper I'm using then color it in with glitter gel pens

What settings are you using to do those? I'm going to get the markers next month but had to get the cuddlebug machine first. Can only do a little each month but planned on getting them from ebay eventually. So that is why I'm asking to see what you are doing with those! Thanks Raquel! :)

PS: I realize that some of those settings may vary depending on the style of card you are doing. But out of curiosity I was asking mainly about the depth because if it is mostly drawing wouldn't you have to do that on a very low setting to make that happen?
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#102 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

What settings are you using to do those? I'm going to get the markers next month but had to get the cuddlebug machine first. Can only do a little each month but planned on getting them from ebay eventually. So that is why I'm asking to see what you are doing with those! Thanks Raquel! :)

PS: I realize that some of those settings may vary depending on the style of card you are doing. But out of curiosity I was asking mainly about the depth because if it is mostly drawing wouldn't you have to do that on a very low setting to make that happen?

The Cricut markers are recommended at Speed 3 / Pressure 2 and it's printed right on the marker so you don't forget

The Cricut gel pens are recommended at Speed 2 / Pressure 3 and that's printed on the box it came in
#103 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:55:12 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Finally got my sketch 1 posted to blog today. So here is my link and enjoy it! My take on sketch 1: http://wp.me/p2Ygsl-1b
BingoLady Offline
#104 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:55:56 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Donna, very nice like all the colors great job.

Raquel, great card,he's going to love it.

Well ladies are you ready for tomorrow, want to see lots of pretty cards.Cool Love Drool Laugh
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/8/2013(UTC)
#105 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:56:20 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

The Cricut markers are recommended at Speed 3 / Pressure 2 and it's printed right on the marker so you don't forget

The Cricut gel pens are recommended at Speed 2 / Pressure 3 and that's printed on the box it came in

Thanks Raquel for letting me know. I'll take those into consideration when I do finally get mine! :)
BingoLady Offline
#106 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 4:01:59 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Christine , sorry I guess I was comementing when you were posting your very pretty card.
It came out so nice.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#107 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 4:26:34 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521: your "joy" card came out so pretty! The cut was so clean and perfect and love the addition of the pearls on the ribbons
#108 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:00:17 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

christineramey8b61e521: your "joy" card came out so pretty! The cut was so clean and perfect and love the addition of the pearls on the ribbons

Thanks Raquel. It was easy to do as well. Lots of colors but yes very clean. That was one of my goals with this card was to be clean with it! :)
#109 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:01:20 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post
Christine , sorry I guess I was comementing when you were posting your very pretty card.
It came out so nice.

Thank you BingoLady. :)
LisaW. Offline
#110 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:17:28 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies:

Not doing a very good job of one of my new year resolutions of making time for craft time.

Sorry another quick and run but I want to get my last card done before I head out the door for daughter's bball practice.

Sketch #2...I have had this dollar stamp from Michaels for years but have never used it so this was what I came up with. Must be in the mood for green this week. Forgot to ink all around the card like I was going to.

Cartridge: Doodlecharms for little heart cut at 1 inch.

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0079.JPG
Gisele Offline
#111 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:12:39 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Carrottop – What a wonderful birthday card with the big candle! You are very resourceful! Glad you like the Craft Room, I have the Gypsy so haven’t tried it yet.

Lisa – Great “Ipod” thank you card!

Shelbywoo – Very nice sympathy card and a touching sentiment for the other challenge card!

Donna – Glad you dropped in and such a pretty Sketch #1 card! Love the detailed butterfly!

Raquel – Good luck to your DH for the race this weekend! Great card!

BingoLady – Looking forward to your sketches tomorrow!

Hope I didn't miss anyone! Have a great night!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/10/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#112 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:14:53 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
My Sketch #3 Card:

Soccer ball - Sports Mania Cartridge
All Papers - From the "Me & My Big Ideas" Mambi Sheets Sports Stack
"Net" border - Seam Trim from Hancock's Fabric Store I have had FOREVER
"Score" - Sports Mania Cartridge
Whistles - Stick-ons from "Stickopotamus" Binder Stickers
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:18:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#113 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:19:28 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

My sketch #1...thank you to my mil for the kids' giftcards. Didn't turn out like I thought it would and don't really like it but it is going to have to work:)

No cricut...just my spellbinders and cuttlebug.

LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0081.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#114 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:43:47 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Lisa , great cards, # 1 came out nice I like the back ground paper you used.
And I sure hope to see some more.

Turtlbug, it came out really nice, I'm going to have to buy that cartridge.
#115 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:18:51 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Lisa W Great sketch 1 card. Love the background paper of purses. The pink looks good against black anytime. Well done!

Turtlebug Love the soccer card. Very cute for a young boy or anyone who loves the sport really. Great job!

Got sketch 2 done today, just have to take some time to get it posted on my website in order to share. :) Love working with these sketches. . .thanks Shelbywoo

1 user thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
SHELBYWOO on 1/9/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#116 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:13:23 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
Christina,
#1 - Very pretty Ad Color card, love the way you worked the colors and the pearls finish it off very nice. The whole card reminds me of Springtime.

NanaDonna
#1 - Very nice, love the colors of the strips and the pretty gathered ribbon. The butterfly is very pretty and delicate, did you use Alcohol Inks on it?? It looks like it was made with watercolors.

Raquel
Good to see you on here, hope it means you are better! The card for your Hubby is very nice and a nice gesture on your part to be there and congratulate him at the finish line. Wishing him luck!!

LisaW
#2 - Well you certainly found the right card to use your dollar stamp on....I love it!! I have this paper too and I find that teenagers sure go for these animal prints...and the more neon and bright the colors the better they like them.
#1 - LOVE the color combo and all the polka dots and the BG paper is so cool!! She will love it, too.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:18:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/10/2013(UTC)
LisaW. Offline
#117 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:22:14 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Shelbywoo: Thank you so much for the wonderful sketches to kick off the year. Your stamp is adorable and great set of ad color papers. Very pretty sketch #2 and love how you worked your ribbon. It wouldn't be you if we didn't have purple...absolutely love it. Fantastic "blue" card...cute. Wonderful job on the layout too...hoping to work on mine tomorrow night. Another gorgeous layout...flowers in the corner are so pretty. Very nice card for the other challenge...love browns.

DeeScraps: Wonderful ad colors this week...didn't quite have the "soft" colors but went just a little bit darker.

BingoLady: Beautiful sketch #1...love the colors together. Very pretty sketch #2 and love that ribbon.

AcrossThePond: Your sketch #1 is absolutely gorgeous...I so love how you always have the "perfect" paper. Beautiful "mum" card.

Joanneorbash: Your sketch is gorgeous and love all that sparkle. Cute sketch #1...love the little bear digi. Love the sketch #2...I have that paper:)

Carrottop50: Cute sketch #1. Love your choice of paper patterns and they fit so well together. Great job on sketch #2...love all the sparkly. Love how you did the different patterns on your pink flower and that yellow just makes it "pop." Love all the different patterns. Your birthday card is so wonderful and great job of making it come together with different parts and pieces...it is beautiful.

TurtleBug: Wonderful job on the ad colors with sketch #1...very pretty background paper. My daughter bought me the same embossing folder:) Happy Birthday to your husband...fantastic card and love the sentiment (stamp). Wonderful job on the soccer card...great idea. Could I still this idea for a basketball card? Would be a perfect "male" card for my daughter's bball coach.

Joyful Carol: Beautiful skater card...love your color choice and the bling. Cute cute bird card and love the paper colors.

NanaDonna: Absolutely love the car...such wonderful detail. Wonderful birthday card...love that "bike". Gorgeous sketch #1...love the colors you used and the butterfly is pretty. Where is the stamp from?

Britishgirl: Very pretty sketch #1 with the ad colors...cute image. I like how you used the different strips of pattern paper.

Raquel: LOVE your pacman card...I have the same paper but just never knew what to do with it...thanks for the ideas:) Very pretty christmas card. I never saw that border punch but I do want it...I am staying away from the stores. Fantastic card for your husband and wish him the best with his marathon.

DeniseEmmerich: Welcome and hope we get to see more. Very pretty background paper.
Is that a button that you used? Great job on sketch #2.

Christine: Love the scissors and the perfect sentiment to go with it. I am trying to build my stamping sentiments as I too find it hard to figure out what size and if I try to go small seems like my cricut just never cuts them. Very pretty "joy" card.

Gisele: Perfect paper choice and love the car for your husband and love the monogram. Sketch #2 is very pretty and that heart is wonderful. Beautiful card to your mom and wishing her a happy birthday.

Good night to all and on to the next ones (already posted...yeah).

3 users thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/9/2013(UTC), SHELBYWOO on 1/9/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/10/2013(UTC)
AcrossThePond Offline
#118 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:56:24 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Lisa.W - 2 great cards added there, I do like the pink and black one.

Christiner - pretty card for #1

NanaDonna - Such a pretty card for #1, I like the embossed background paper.

Sue
#119 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:24:24 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Thanks everyone for your comments on my cards. I appreciate it!

NanaDonna good job on your different colored card with the butterfly attached. I'm a softie for butterflies! Love them and such beautiful creatures. :) Well done!
#120 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:34:53 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Got time today to do my blog post. This is my take on sketch 2 enjoy: http://wp.me/p2Ygsl-1j