Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

azar1225c1668648 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 6:41:44 PM(UTC)
azar1225c1668648

Groups: Registered

got the cricut for christmas and so excited to use to make my baby's 1st birthday invites...i was trying to make clouds that i got from the cricut craft room...however, i'm having difficulty trying to autofill using the whole 12x12 paper as much as possible...any suggestions...
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:11:04 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 448 post(s)
I have never used auto fill but when I want to fill a page of the same image I just do copy and past. First I will copy and paste one image across the top of the mat and adjust as close as
possible and then click and drag my mouse over the entire row and click copy/paste, adjust the pasted group as necessary and just keep repeating until the page is filled as much as possible. With a litte tweeking, depending on the shape and size, you may can squeeze a few more into empty spaces on the side and/or bottom of mat.

You can get more images on a page for instance like a Christmas tree if you alternate the side by side copies one right side up and the next upside down and so on. and to get the exact orientation of the right side up images on all of them upside down ones if you use the flip vertical and flip horizontal tool on the tool bar.For me it is easier to do that rather than rotating using the handles. If you dont do both v and H flips, you will get a mirror cut rather than the same orientation as your original right side up.

Hope this helps and not too confusing.

Ok I just opened ccr to check out the auto fill and if you place the image you want copied on to your mat and keep it active with the gray arrow box around it then to to the side bar under shape properties and down to auto fill. If you want your entire 12 x 12 paper (i think it will be defaulted in teh width and height boxes) to be auto filled just hit apply. If you want to auto fill a different size paper or only a part of your 12 x 12 then select the width and height using the up/down arrows and then apply. Magically you will see your virtual mat fill with the images. Just remember to make the autofill active, you must have your first image on the mat and active with resizing handles around it.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:19:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified