Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages123>»
ScrappinGwen Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:31:57 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 846 time(s) in 660 post(s)
SINCE THE HOSTESS FROM THE PREVIOUS RAINBOW RAK THREAD NO LONGER PARTICIPATES IN SWAPS, A NEW THREAD IS BEING STARTED HERE.

Here is how it works:

I would say: I love the color RED - who would like to send me some RED items?
Then the grantor: I can send ScrappinGwen red, my favorite color is......

And so on and so forth.

These are for items from our stash only (unless YOU choose to send new, but dont expect new!)

For example....you may be working on a special LayOut page that is all in lavendar and so you request lavendar items to help you embellish the page. I know I have collected items in specific colors to make projects for partners in other swaps. So I may have bought a jar of lavendar flowers and lengths of lavendar ribbons and lavendar beads and pearls but only used a portion of the items. So it would be a great way for me to share my leftovers with someone who is in need of that color for a project and wouldn't have to go buy it all brand new in mass quantity.

Or, this will also be a useful way to use up scrapbooking paper and scraps - doing diecuts in a specified color or embossing folder panels in the specified color or sending pretty photo mats or journaling mats with a quickly punched edge, etc. There could actually be a little crafting time involved here if you so choose to do so.

Or you can make up a craft kit of some sort in the specified color.

Possibilities are endless and if the requestor is asking for a specific project, it might be helpful to explain why you are asking for that color.

Try to send 3-5 different types of items, in a sufficient or useful amount, in each RAK you mail out. However, if you want to send more, feel free.

For clarification, sending 3 buttons is not sufficient. Sending a little baggie with 3 buttons, another baggie with 3 little rosebud flowers, and a length of ribbon atleast 10 inches is a sufficient amount. The concept here being that the receiver can take these buttons, flowers and ribbon and use to embellish her project. And we all know that the rule of thumb is to embellish in odd numbers, and using 3 of the same item is often recommended. So naturally we want whatever we send out to be useful to the receiver!

Please place the items in baggies or similar containers for safe shipping and/or to keep them clean and dry, etc.

YOU are responsible for getting addresses and sending in a timely manner within two weeks.

As Hostess, I will do my best to keep a running tally of wishes granted in a separate post so we all can be aware of who is participating and mailing.

Any questions, please ask. And we can always add more info as this new thread takes off and we see if we run into any issues.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: PLEASE SEND THINGS YOU YOURSELF WOULD BE HAPPY TO RECEIVE AND REMEMBER THIS IS FOR ITEMS FROM OUR STASH, (LEFTOVERS FROM AN OPENED PACKAGE OR GENTLY USED, SUCH AS THE REMAINING HALF BOTTLE OF A CERTAIN CRAFTING PRODUCT, that is not going to dry out, etc.)!

The normal rules to swapping apply here also.

This is meant to be a fun way to share products with each other and negative drama is not needed here.

NEW RULE ADDED:

If you have 50 posts or less (new swapper), you may participate but you must also obtain a delivery confirmation number (The Post Office now calls it a Label#) to show pkg. was mailed within the 2 week time period. If you do not provide DC# within the 2 week time frame you are automatically banned from future participation in this swap.

Further, the person who then grants a RAK to the new swapper is asked to NOT mail the RAK out to the new swapper until we receive verification that the new swapper did in deed play by the rules. Naturally, the 2 week mailing time frame will not apply to the person following the new swapper, should there be a hold up in mailing while we wait for the new swapper to provide a DC#.

This shall be a flaker free thread and if you join in the fun of this thread then you are also acknowledging that you have read the rules and you will play fairly.

If you receive a RAK package that you are not happy with, you may PM me to discuss it. Be prepared to explain what you received, the quantity, and why you are not satisfied but also be prepared to explain what you yourself have been sending out to others.

1. You can't expect to receive nice products if you are not sending out nice products yourself. The gals will soon notice that you are not playing fair and you will lose their respect and they will treat you accordingly. Playing fair is a two way street here.

2. If you are sending above and beyond, you can't expect others to go out and purchase new products and send above and beyond back to you. It's wonderful that you can be so generous, but you must remember that this is a RAK thread, using items from our stash.

So, for me as a hostess trying to keep everyone playing fair and lessen the drama that may arise, I need checks and balances - thus why I may ask what you yourself have been sending out.

3. I don't mean to diminish the fact that there will be some who will attempt to "not play fair" here on this thread. Yes, it will happen. So it's okay to PM me and make me aware of your dissatisfaction and we can discuss it to see if we are on same page and how to proceed.

I suspect there will be warnings issued and the "3 strikes, you're out" rule will apply here if it goes that far. Hopefully, a first warning will be all that is needed.

Remember, as in all swaps, showing respect to your fellow swappers and good communication is very important!

Mailing issues: Deliver Confirmation will not be required, but use your common sense. If you are mailing to someone you are familiar with or who swaps regularly here and you trust them, then I don't think the added expense of paying for DC# is a must. If you are mailing to someone new or unfamiliar to you or who lives on other side of country from you and you are worried about the mailing time frame, then maybe it would be wise to pay for the DC. It's up to you.

You must post on this thread the day you have actually placed the package in the postal system. This should be within 2 weeks from the day you posted that you will grant a RAK. If the receiver has not received the package within 3 weeks from the day you posted you would grant the RAK, you go on the warning list (3 strikes, you're out). Now, obviously I too will use common sense here and if your package ends up arriving soon after the 3 week deadline or a DC# shows that the package was held hostage by the postal system for an extra week, or it's a holiday and mail delivery is slowed down, etc. - I will remove you from the warning list once the package is delivered. The concept here is that if you are going to habitually mail late and keep the other players waiting for extra weeks on a regular basis, you will earn yourself 3 strikes and not be allowed to continue to participate. Fair is fair. Plus you will be creating unnecessary drama and work for me and ruin the fun of the swap. The gal requesting may need her colored embellies for a project that is needed within the month, like a birthday party present. So be respectful of this.

If you do not follow thru and send your RAK in a timely manner or if you do not communicate why you did not mail in the allowed time frame, you obviously can not participate again in this swap and will be reported as a flaker.

LET'S HAVE SOME FUN HERE!!!

Edited by user Monday, February 18, 2013 5:24:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 1/10/2013(UTC), JeanP on 1/10/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:32:58 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

RUNNING LIST OF RAINBOW RAQs:

JANUARY RAKs: 33 RAKs mailed and acknowledged with a thank you. One flaker:
1/23/13
FiftyShadesofPaper mailing metallics to Heart2Hand
FiftyShadesofPaper is banned from this swap for lack of communication and Rhonda not receiving within the 3 week time period.

FEBRUARY RAKs: 5 RAKs mailed and acknowledged with a thank you.

MARCH RAKS: 6 RAKs mailed and acknowledged with a thank you.

APRIL RAKS:
4/12
CricutCrazy mailing splashy colors to scrappingwen

Edited by user Sunday, April 14, 2013 6:35:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked ScrappinGwen for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat on 1/13/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:35:26 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

In fairness to Godot's Girl who was last to request on the old thread:

GODOT'S GIRL would like some pink items, but not baby pink. Who can send to GG?

(and I myself need some clarification on this request. Do you mean you don't want any pastel pink or just not anything pink that might have a baby theme on it? If you don't want any pastel pink, then maybe you could give me an example of what you are needing?)

Edited by user Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:36:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:40:18 PM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I will send some pink items to GG. Please PM me your mailing addy please! Thanks!

Who can send me aqua or bluish teal?
1CoolMom Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 12:44:24 PM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Was thanked: 350 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Gwen, I was trying to reply to GG and the MB would not let me post!

I will send you aqua or bluish teal. (PM your addy to me, please)

Who will send me purple?
Godot's Girl Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:11:00 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 3029 time(s) in 1821 post(s)
Thank you for granting my wish. I do not want any pastel ( or what is commonly called baby) pink, because I have plenty. I need bright pink, dark pink, berry pink, etc. Does that help? I will PM you my addy. GG
Godot's Girl Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:21:30 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

I can send 1CoolMom some Purple items. I am in desperate need of Red, my oldest son's favorite color. Who can send me some Red? GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
1CoolMom on 1/10/2013(UTC)
JeanP Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:07:42 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 804 post(s)
I would like to do this RAK but will not be able to send anything until the week of Jan 21st.

If this is okay, I can send RED to Godot's girl. Let me know your addy if this is okay.

What do you need? Papers, die cuts, shapes,embellishments, etc? Boy stuff or anything?

I can use BLUES. Anything I can use on a beach layout!!!! Picture mats, die cuts, various shapes. TIA
 1 user thanked JeanP for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 1/10/2013(UTC)
CMC56 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 5:11:37 PM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 46 post(s)
I can send some blue items to JeanP. I would like some dark green items for some nature layouts, ex: mats, borders, ribbons.
 1 user thanked CMC56 for this useful post.
JeanP on 1/11/2013(UTC)
planlady19 Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:33:02 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 268 post(s)
I can send dark greens for CMC56.. pm me your addy..

who can send me browns or kraft items.. i could use some gear cuts

terri

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:35:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:32:29 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States
Location: Massachusetts MQ Pg 9 Post # 247 Swap Questionnaire Pg 1 Post #8

Was thanked: 419 time(s) in 348 post(s)
I can send Planlady19 some browns/gears. Who'd like to send me some yellow stuff for cards/LOs?

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:35:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 5:22:25 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

COB - I can send you some yellow stuff! lol

Who can send me some pastels for upcoming spring cards or projects, ie Mother's Day embellies for cards

Edited by user Friday, January 11, 2013 5:25:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat on 1/11/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 5:31:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

I like it when some details are given out why we are asking for the color.

Using COB requesting yellow as an example: I have some wonderful sun and flower dies and stamps that make me so happy to share some diecuts or images with her!

I like putting my "tools" to work and sharing with each other.
craftymomof2 Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 7:38:01 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Gwynne, I can send you some pastels. (my specialty) please pm your addy.

I would like some reds for Valentine/ Love themed cards.

Hugs, Lana
1CoolMom Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 10:43:19 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Originally Posted by: craftymomof2 Go to Quoted Post
Gwynne, I can send you some pastels. (my specialty) please pm your addy.

I would like some reds for Valentine/ Love themed cards.

Hugs, Lana

Lana, I can send you some reds. PM your addy, it will go postal early next week.

Gwynne, Yours is postal DC# 0312 2120 0002 1321 5542.

ScrappinGwen Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 10:59:42 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thanks Traci.

(and I hope you did not pay extra for DC# as it's not needed when mailing to me at all. And that goes for all of you! I babysit for my mail lady's DGD, so I have complete faith in her delivering my mail to me! lol)

Don't forget to list what color you want Traci!

1CoolMom on 1/11/2013(UTC)
1CoolMom Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 11:34:04 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Thanks, Gwynne. I forgot to post my color!

Who can send me Blue (any shade)?
Heart2hand Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 3:14:35 PM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Traci....I can do some blues.....

Who can send me some Chocolate browns?

Thanks
hugs
rhonda
kimcar Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 3:30:07 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 87 post(s)
Patricia,
I picked up the masculine colors rak you sent. Wow were you generous, now I just have to figure out what to make with some of the items. Thanks again. Jane ( kimcar)
 1 user thanked kimcar for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 1/12/2013(UTC)
craftymomof2 Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:17:31 AM(UTC)
craftymomof2

Was thanked: 86 time(s) in 84 post(s)
Rhonda, I can send you choc. brown. I have your addy.

Can someone send me purple, any shade. Purple is DD fav color and we have started a Smash book for her.

Thanks!
LanaBigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, January 12, 2013 1:18:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked craftymomof2 for this useful post.
Heart2hand on 1/12/2013(UTC)
sunnybrook494 Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 4:13:41 AM(UTC)
sunnybrook494

United States

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 42 post(s)
Craftymomof2

We have a love of purple here as well so I can definitely send you some purple things! Please pm me your address.

Can anyone send me some NAVY BLUE? I never seem to have that when I need it!

Thanks!
CMC56 Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 10:39:37 AM(UTC)
CMC56

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Do we put the die cuts together???
ScrappinGwen Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 11:03:45 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Originally Posted by: CMC56 Go to Quoted Post
Do we put the die cuts together???

I did owl diecuts for P.S. in the ABC swap and I put them together. But I like playing with my cricut and doing diecuts - it's a nice change for me.

The person you are sending to might have some input. She might want them together or maybe just one so that she can see how it goes, and then little baggies holding the pieces to assemble the other ones.

I've received in the past both ways and been fine with both ways, but then again, the unassembled one was for a Valentine that I was making immediately, so I received it, assembled it and used it and didn't stick it away someplace to be forgotten. lol

I also will say that it's probably a nice touch to assemble the diecuts - esp. if you enjoy it and like to shade the edges and do some extra embellishing to make it special!

CMC56 on 1/12/2013(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 12:29:01 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

I've always assembled the cuts I've sent because if the recipient doesn't have the cart/access to the book, they may not always know how it goes together or may not have all the different adhesives some of us have. JMO
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
CMC56 on 1/14/2013(UTC)
Godot's Girl Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 7:06:22 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

1CoolMom....I have your Purple items all packed up and ready to mail on Monday. GG

I wanted to weigh in on whether or not to assemble the die cuts. Unless the wisher asks for unassembled cuts, I always assemble them. As pointed out, the receiver may not have the cart the cuts are from, and though some are easy to figure out, some are definitely not, even with a sample. I have received unassembled cuts in the past, and sadly, most are still that way, as they were boxes, and impossible to figure out how they go together...LOL! This is, of course, JMHO, but I feel if I grant a wish, I should make it as easy on the person receiving as possible, which means assembling the cuts. As I said, when I receive unassembled cuts, they tend to stay that way, as it is much easier for me to make something from my stash work, than to try and figure out how to put them together, unless they are relatively easy. I am predominately a card maker though, so it is much easier to switch gears then if I were making a scrapbook page. HTH. GG
 2 users thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
1CoolMom on 1/13/2013(UTC), CMC56 on 1/14/2013(UTC)
CraftyOldBat Offline
#26 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 9:35:01 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

BTT for sunnybrook494's NAVY BLUE
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
sunnybrook494 on 1/13/2013(UTC)
1CoolMom Offline
#27 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:24:22 AM(UTC)
1CoolMom

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
BTT for sunnybrook494's NAVY BLUE

sunnybrook, I will send Navy Blue.

Who will send me...Shades of White?

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 7:27:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Godot's Girl Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:45:26 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

1CoolMom....your purple items went postal this morning. Here is your DC# 0311 3260 0002 1203 5139. Enjoy! GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
1CoolMom on 1/14/2013(UTC)
ScrappinGwen Offline
#29 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:43:12 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Thank you Traci for my lovely aqua colored items! (she spoiled me with a really nice aqua flower spray and aqua perfect pearls glimmer mist as well as some other items)

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:44:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#30 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:22:12 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Godot's Girl - I'm hoping for an opportunity to get to the PO this late afternoon.

COB - will be working on your yellows starting tonight....

As much as I'd love to be granting RAKS daily, I have to keep telling myself to pace myself. I need to work on another swap too this week...so I'm trying to be slow about granting my next RAK. And I'm sure that is the case for several of you....

SO it's okay to let this thread go slow and not have daily RAKs given out....it's not like it's going away anytime soon! But oh we do need more gals to join in and play. Would spread it out nicely if we had a larger group joining in!
Godot's Girl on 1/16/2013(UTC)