Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

littlefeeties134251ae Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 10:34:37 AM(UTC)
littlefeeties134251ae

Groups: Registered

Hi, today I attempted to update my gypsy and it froze on the loading screen while halfway through the update. First time I attempted to update it. Updated my Expression first without issue using this computer and Cricut Sync.

Spent the better part of an hour on the phone with an awesome Customer Service rep but at the end of it, my gypsy is still frozen. Computer says it detects the device but cannot communicate with it. He told me to try updating it on another computer belonging to a friend or a family member. My only option would be the computer at work and I don't know what they would think about me installing Cricut Sync on their system.
I am running Windows Vista. Could that be the problem?

My gypsy is less than 2 years old and has maybe 12 hours of use at this point so I am very discouraged. We tried all the re-set and re-format tricks but nothing worked.
Computer is saying it can't find the drivers.
Can anyone help, please? Thanks!
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:25:56 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello! I can suggest calling customer service again. I do not know what steps the representative took you through, but you may need to do a format and restore and you may need to start the format and restore while your Gypsy is turned off. To do this plug the Gypsy into your computer while the Gypsy is powered off. Launch the Cricut Sync program. The program will search for a device, but it will not find one. When it says there is not a device detected got to the Help menu and choose Gypsy Trouble shooting. Answer the questions yes, no, no, no, yes. This will start the format and restore. You will need to follow the instructions on the computer screen to put the Gypsy in recovery mode. It will them begin to move through the remaining bullet points.

There are several things we can try if this does not work. Please let us know if you need further assistance!

-Cricut Gena