Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<5758596061>»
Lizzy Offline
#1741 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 6:07:08 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi friends....

Well, I started reorganizing my scrapping area and I can't believe what a mess I have. It's driving me nuts! But, now I realize I might have to purge some things! LOL And, reorganizing it is a great idea...but it will be a fair amount of work!

I brought all (which isn't much) of my card-making supplies downstairs and got it reorganized into two baskets that stack so that was good.

I was going to move my table further away from the bookshelf, but I know I won't like that. I have to rethink my plan now. No matter...I'll figure something out! LOL I think the truth is that I would rather have a smaller table than what I have...but no more purchases!

I did find something that I thought I no longer had so that was really nice. It's a kit to make a perpetual calendar and I'm so tickled that I still have it. I remember when I got it; but then I couldn't find it and finally figured that I had simply misplaced it, given it away, etc.

Well, the Seahawks beat the Redskins, so it's back to work. I'll talk to everyone tomorrow. Have a great Monday. I'll try to not cry too much tomorrow!
imnchghere Offline
#1742 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 12:34:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening/morning everyone.. I had wanted to maake it an early night, but that didn't happen. I finally got going on the cards using my odds and ends parts and just kept at it until I ran out. I got about 2 dozen made. I will have to cut more sentiments tomorrow and then I can finish the rest. I am not thrilled with what I ended up making, but they are something to write home on, so I am not going to beat myself up.

Lizzy, I hope tomorrow goes well for you. I am sure it will be rough getting back into the groove, but you can do it. I would love to have you in NC. That would be fun, since we go there often.
Laurie, glad you are feeling better. Take it easy for a few days, so you don't have a relapse.
Rhonda, I thought Jim might be interested in seeing Lincoln, but he said not really. I loved Les Mis though and he said he also enjoyed it. Slightly different than the stage version, with much more detail obviously, but I thought it was done well. I am not prone to movie tears, but it was sad. I think I felt it more the first time I saw it. This time I knew what was going to happen. I have the 10th Anniversary version with the "Dream cast", which is my favorite. I watch/listen to it now and then for the music.

Tomorrow, besides cutting more sentiments, I am going to start packing up the cards. For my craft project I want to start printing pictures for layouts to work on in March. I also need to get some TY cards in the mail. I am not making them, but instead will use commercial ones I found in the holiday stuff. Need to use them up.

Hope everyone has a good Monday.

rm920 Offline
#1743 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 5:59:31 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

It was a busy day yesterday. I started with groceries. Then out to lunch with a friend. Then we went to see Lincoln. We enjoyed it. Then I came home planning on a relaxing rest of the day. Amber called and wanted to "hang out", so I went to pick her up. We went shopping, got her some new nail polish and new shoes for the dance next weekend. She is so excited - she has a date for the dance! Then we got a sandwich and just chatted before taking her back home. All in all a good day.

Pat, glad both of you enjoyed Les Mis. I had never seen a movie or play or anything about this story so it was a first for me. I really enjoyed it. WTG on getting more cards made.

Lizzy, hope your first day back goes very smoothly for you. I will be sending positive thoughts on an awesome day for you.

Carrie, how was your weekend. Did you get your craft area finished? How are you feeling?

Paula, what are you up to this week?

Nancy, when will Riley be back home? I'll bet he is having the time of his life. Awesome for him.

Laurie, how many cards did you get made this weekend.

My plan is to try to get some Valentine cards made for the grands and see what other cards I will need this month and hopefully the ones needed for next month. Also want to get back to research. I have been conversing with someone and we are sending each other digital copies of the pics we have. Fun!

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1744 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 6:50:08 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Good Morning!
This morning the Lord took another angel home. Rachel's baby died early this morning. I guess now the family can move on and find some closure. I just cannot imagine what this family is going through, if I am fighting tears constantly. I feel the worst for her husband who was driving and her twin.

Rhonda I am glad you said you like Lincoln. Jim wants to go see it. We would have gone this weekend but he has a cold. Sounds like you and Amber had fun.

Pat I saw Les Mis in NYC with the KIds. It was awesome. You are a card making machine these days. Cool

Lizzy hope your start back to school went smoothly. So your fav is Andrew Luck. He is all you hear about on ESPN. The boys and Jim are celebrating that Chip Kelley is staying at Oregon.

Laurie I have one wall with the Elfa shelving system. Then over the past 2.5 years I have added 5 Elfa drawer systems. 3 of which were purchased during the clearance in January at 50% off. So it can be doable if you don't do it all at once and you add a little at a time. I love IKEA too.

Well yesterday I got all my drawers reorganized in my craft room. Today I have more to do. I wish I had taken a before photo. I couldn't even get into the room. But I will take an after photo to show you.

do office deposits and go to bank
Target
work on reorganizing the shelving and my desk in the craft room
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1745 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 9:56:53 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello all,

Carrie, so, so sorry to hear about the baby. I just can't imagine what the family is going through. Such a sad situation.
It sounds like you are doing well organizing your scrap area. I have not seen that shelving/organizing system, I will have to check it out.

Rhonda, did you get to making cards?
Glad you got to hang out with Amber. What fun to be part of the excitment of getting ready for the dance. :)

I got a late start today and then spent the day with the twins.
Yesterday we got the new piece of furniture for the DVD player, ect. My friend went to Costco and they had one we liked so she picked it up for us. Last night DH switched everything over to it and moved the one that was there to the other wall. It has to stay there until we move it to the cottage. The cleaning people come tomorrow so we are trying to get the mess cleaned up from moving the bedroom furniture and do the regular pick up before they arrive. Never a dull moment!!

Lizzy, I hope getting up early and your first day of school went well for you today.

Nancy, any news from Cambodia??

Laurie, how was work for you today? Are you feeling a bit better today?
Lizzy Offline
#1746 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:16:12 AM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good evening, friends. Work was fine today-no students. I intended to leave at 4:00 but stayed later because of a few hassles like relocating my laptop cord (????). I did get quite a bit done, though, and I feel very ready for tomorrow.

Rhonda what a great time that you got to spend with Amber. I bet you enjoyed it.

Pat, the first time I saw Les Mis was last summer when I saw the stage show and I didn't fully understand the story. The movie told more of the story so I really liked it because of that. You often speak of your nephew (Jim's nephew?) who works at a library in Raleigh. That library had a fabulous children's story time 20+ years ago and my friends and I used to take our little ones there. I remember the library well.

Paula, is your new cabinet in your living room upstairs or your downstairs room?

Carrie I am looking forward to seeing an after picture of your scrapping room. How sad that the infant passed away. How horribly tragic for the husband/father, too, that he was the driver. I wonder what sort of personal nightmare he is experiencing right now. The entire situation just sounds awful.

No big news here. I need to get to sleep. I'm kinda wired -probably back to school jitters/excitement. I'll check in tomorrow.
rm920 Offline
#1747 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 5:58:55 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all..

Paula, glad you were able to find the right furniture piece for your DVD and misc equipment. I'll bet you enjoyed the day with the twins. What fun!

Carrie, my prayers go out to the family, especially the husband. Such a tragedy for all. Will continue to keep them in my prayers. Can't wait to see your completed craft roon.

Pat, any new finds? So easy to get caught up in the search.

Laurie, how are you feeling?

Nancy, any news from Riley?

Lizzy, hope you were able to relax and get to sleep. Will the student be back today?

I did not get to my scrap desk. I answered an email relating to genealogy and got lost in family information. So I need to get to the scrap desk first tonight!
Nancycs Offline
#1748 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:39:55 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Carrie I am so sorry about the baby. My prayers are with the family.

Rhonda your day with Amber sounds like it was a nice one. Riley sends me a message through Facebook once in a while so I know what he is doing. They just saw Angkor Wat yesterday. I guess that was amazing. He will be home late on Monday the 14th.

Lizzy I hope your day today goes well. Since you said you are ready for today I assume the kids must be coming back today. It is always hard when the kids have had a long break, but then they may be ready to be back and be perfect angels!BigGrin

Paula I imagine having a cleaning lady helps you keep things picked up and you don't have clutter collect from mail and just not putting things away.....hmmm do you think that happens here?Wink Yes I do hear from Riley once in a while through Facebook. I didn't think I would have those updates when he left so it is nice to know how things are going.

Pat I agree with the cards being something they can write home on. I also think that we are way more critical of our own work and the soldiers are very happy to have something hand made to send home.

Laurie I hope your second week is better than your first! I agree with Pat about taking it easy.

I've been busy with tax prep and the usual stuff. I have gotten all the receipts in and the utilities. I usually haven't started that yet. I feel like I didn't get done what I wanted to though. I still have a long list. I just have to keep plugging away at it. I start class in a week so I really want to get more done. Class may not be very intense though and I will do fine. I am just one of those people that feels I need to maintain a 4.0. I really don't think this class will be that difficult though and it is only a 3 credit class.

I actually got to chat with Riley a bit on Saturday because we were on at the same time. That was nice. Usually I just see what he messages me and then I comment and he writes back the next day. I did find the link to the news segment that RIley was on. It was on the sister network of the one it originally aired on. Here it is if you are interested.
http://www.myfox47.com/category...fault&clipId=8074545

Well we are having a bit of a warm up so our snow is slowly melting. I am not sure how much will be left by Friday when we will have a cool down. It is only in the mid 30's so it isn't melting super fast but it is melting. We are also expected to get rain on Thursday so we will see what is left. We barely have enough for sledding.

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:21:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#1749 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 8:42:54 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning... yesterday was not very productive, so today I am hoping to make up for it. I worked mostly on the Valentine cfs. My work table is full of parts and pieces. I think I finished up about 18 cards and have enough to maybe do about 2 dz more. We are supposed to have warmer temps through the weekend and I don't want to be working on cards inside. There are the last of the sycamore leaves in the backyard that we could get up.
Lizzy, I was the same as you about the first time I saw Les Mis. I didn't understand most of it either. I remember enjoying the music though. That was 20+ yrs ago. Oh and yes our nephew (Jim's side) is a librarian in Raleigh. I often *share* his Toddler and Baby Time notices on FB. I have another long time friend in Carey, who is a retired children's librarian. Not sure which one she worked at. Her name is Cathy Small. Wouldn't it be funny if you knew her.
Anyway, I hope today goes well at work. Can we assume you found your laptop cord?

Rhonda, we seem to be on a genealogy roll so far this year. That reminds me, I need to call a local church office to see about info on a headstone in their cemetery for *find a grave*. Jim & I went there, but couldn't find anything. It a civil war soldier and evidently there might be others from the his unit all buried together. The office wasn't open the day we went there. Jim & I were talking the other day about devoting more time to our research this year. He has several cemeteries and records offices he wants to visit in NC and I of course want to get to CA, to get the pics my Mom has.

Carrie, I am familiar with the Elfa system you are using. I LOVE the Container store. I am looking forward to seeing your *after* pics. As soon as I finish getting all the holiday stuff purged and either hauled off or packed away, I am going to concentrate on the craft room. I will be utilizing the pieces of furniture I have though and not buying more.

Well, I need to get back to work here. I have a bit of society paperwork to do and then I want to get back to the cards.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1750 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 9:06:07 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Monster house canceled because the husband is at home sick. We plan to do it Fri. instead which means I have to cancel a lunch date. :(
My cleaning people are here so I am trying to stay out of their way. Shortly I will meet a friend for lunch.

I got a call this morning, I have to go back in for another view for a mammo. What bugs me the most is they can't get me in for over two weeks. I have an appt. with my oncologist tomorrow. (yearly checkup) I already changed the appt. once because I had to wait to get the mammo in the first place. ugh!

Nancy, I hope Riley is taking lots of pics!!! Oh the places he is seeing!!!! How nice that you can hear from him so often!

Pat, I have probably told you but my niece and her hubby live in Cary and are both teachers. What a small world!
You are making good progress on your cards!! I need to just make a commitment and get some cards made for your group again.

They are almost finished in the basement so I will head down there until I leave.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1751 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:28:08 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Well I still have some reorganizing of the shelves to do but here is the clean room. I am getting there.

QtnSasyCarrie attached the following image(s):
IMG_0212.jpg
IMG_0213.jpg
IMG_0214.jpg
IMG_0215.jpg
IMG_0216.jpg
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1752 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:04:44 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Carrie, WOW,WOW,WOW!!! You have done a great job organizing your space. I want to scrap with you!! =D It looks like that center unit is placed in the other direction than what you had there before. ? Seems like it opens up the space. Nice job!

Lizzy Offline
#1753 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:49:59 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Good Tuesday evening, friends.

Carrie, your scrapping area is amazing! It's very organized...you have a ton of stuff! The room is beautiful and I really love the built-in desk and shelves you have. I bet your house is beautiful, too!! I'm very impressed by all you have done. I have a small rolling cart with slide-out "drawers" (ELFA) similar to the large one you have in the center of your room. I am amazed by how much it holds!

Pat, it sounds like you are working on two main things right now: CFS cards and geneaology. Good for you getting the Valentine's done for CFS. I can't remember who the children's librarian was when we lived in Cary. We did their storytime pretty regularly...but I don't remember it being outstanding in any way. I always had mixed feelings about the library in Cary - for a variety of reasons.

Rhonda, did you make it to your craft desk tonight?

Paula, I'm so sorry you have to go back for another mammogram. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that everything turns out fine.

Nancy, you are making good progress with your taxes and have a good attitude about your class. I don't think there is anything wrong with your wanting to make an A in your class. I think it's always good to want to do your best...no matter what!

Laurie, I hope you are continuing to feel better each day! My pulled muscle does much better when I take ibuprofen. I am trying to remember to take it regularly because I think it will help overall...at least I feel better!

The kids came back today...all of my students returned except for one, plus I got a new student. There was so much to do that I felt like I could barely draw an extra breath all day....and of course I'm already behind, but I'm hoping by Friday that I'm all caught up with the week's plans. Of course, if I don't get it all done this week, there's always next week. Another teacher stopped me after lunch and asked me to be sure and tell my students to do something. I asked her to please repeat what she just said (because I just didn't understand what she asked me to do). Anyway, finally I figured out what she wanted me to do. I honestly felt so overwhelmed that I could hardly reply to her request and I actually felt her request was rather insignificant in the scope of everything I had to do...like teach...but I will certainly TRY to do it tomorrow!

It's been nice catching up...I will try to check back in tomorrow. I've been trying to leave work by 4:00 and I did a bit better today. I have a meeting until 2:45 tomorrow, but then I have to meet with my mentee, but I still going to aim for my 4:00 goal! Until then, everyone take care.

QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1754 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:39:26 AM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

Good morning.

Paula you are welcome to come scrap with me any time. There is more than enough room. And you are right about turning the center drawers around and I had enough room to add another one to it too. Sorry about having to cancel your lunch date. When is your repeat mammo?

Lizzy I am so sorry you are overwhelmed right now. I wish I could be there to help you. I love the Elfa carts. I don't fill them up and now all of them are organized too. Maybe I'll snap a few photos of those too. I joined this Facebook group about organizing your scraproom. It got me motivated if nothing else.

Nancy loved the news segment with Riley. He didn't seem nervous, but did seem excited. Hope the trip is going well.

Pat hope today is more productive. I didn't go to the Container Store to buy another drawer set, but at 50% off, I jumped on it. Jenna and I went back the next day and they were gone or I might have bought another one. Good luck getting your scraproom organized.

Well I am going to Zumba today and then I need to lift some weights. The lymphedema in my left arm desperately needs it.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1755 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:49:41 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

I don't know what I was thinking but I told my friend I would ride to Chicago with her today. I had lunch with her and her mom yesterday (they both are two of the ladies who go on the yearly scrapbook weekend with me) She is taking her mom to Ohara and her mom didn't want her to make that drive by herself (my friend didn't mind the drive at all but it bothered her mom, ha!) So I said I would ride along since my drs. appt. was moved. I forgot how much I freaked the last time we drove to the airport. DH said he wouldn't take me again unless I was drugged, hehe. I don't know why it has affected me like that but since that lady ran her car in to mine, I have been a nervous driver. ugh!
So anyhow, that's what I am doing today instead of crafting. Deb and I will start back up next week. (that gives me a week to clean up the mess in my scrap area)

Carrie, don't overdo it at class today. I am sure it will feel good to get moving again.
My mammo is the 24th and dr. appt. the 28th. In the meantime I am not going to stress about it. We will wait to see what the outcome is and deal with it as it comes. I have always thought some day I would get a double mastectomy, maybe this is the time, we will see.

Nancy, I watched the link too, fun to see them getting ready and the people involved. It also struck me how much inpact one person, following what is in their heart, can make. Cool!

Lizzy, glad you made it though the first day with kids. You can do this, you have done it a zillion times!! Hang in there!

Laurie, what are you up to?? How are you feeling??

Pat, how did the card making go? Did you wrap it up? What is the plan today?

Rhonda, you have been quiet. Still trying to work two jobs? I suppose you will do that a bit longer for the tax work.

Gonna make a cup of tea.
imnchghere Offline
#1756 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:36:50 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning everyone.. I am going to have to catch up later. I had a long post, hit the back space key and lost it all. I don't have time to start over.

Going to work on the cards today and a load of laundry. If I get that done, I will be happy.

Have a great day everyone.
Nancycs Offline
#1757 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 11:41:59 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good afternoon!

Carrie I love your scrap space! I have never been to the container store. I should check to see if they have one in the cities. I hope you enjoyed Zumba!

Pat sorry about losing the post. You must be getting some of the weather pattern we have right now. Everything is melting like crazy right now.

Lizzy I hope today is a little less hectic for you and you have time to draw that extra breath!!

Paula I hope you do OK as you drive in Chicago. I imagine the more you do it the easier it will get.

Rhonda and Laurie I hope all is going well with you!

Not a lot new here. Although Riley is nearly out of money and he couldn't get his credit card to work at the ATM so we had to figure something out since there wasn't a bank where he was to go get a cash advance. He will be near a bank in a couple of days. Thank goodness his aunt is with him and willing to spot him some money. BigGrin The fun of being in a foreign country! LOL

I got some cocottes the other day and we are going to try some egg bakes tonight for dinner. I think they will be fun to have. I have never had any before.

Well the kids are asleep so I am off to get some things ready for DH's ice fishing trip this weekend.
Flee57 Offline
#1758 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 5:52:47 PM(UTC)
Flee57

Good evening Friends!

Nancy, the video was cool. What an awesome thing to be a part of for Riley. Good job on getting those taxes started

Pat, I don't know if I told you I mailed the cards yesterday. You should get them by Friday. When are Easter cards due?

Paula, thoughts and prayers coming your way. For the drive to Chicago too!

Carrie I love your space...especially the big windows! I showed it to DH and he said WOW so he's impressed. Hope you had a great Zumba class.

Lizzy, so sorry you are overwhelmed. Aren't you glad you only have 6 months left?

I am feeling great! My rib must have popped itself back in while I was tossing and turning this past week. it feels great now. and my sinus infection is just about gone. Life is good

Later!

rm920 Offline
#1759 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:00:09 PM(UTC)
rm920

Hello friends...

Laurie, glad you are feeling so much better.

Carrie, I, too, love your craft space! Especially the windows. It would be awesome to have such an organized space to craft in. Hope you enjoyed zumba today.

Paula, how was the ride to the airport? Hope you survived it and had no problems.

Pat, how did you do on the cards and laundry?

Lizzy, hope the week is progressing smoothly for you. Just keept telling yourself the end is in sight!

I have not made my cards yet. I worked on getting tax information together and other misc. paperwork. I also got more in the mail today so will be working on that for the next few days. Maybe get to craft this weekend.
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1760 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:50:56 PM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

The ride to Chicago was just fine. We zoomed there and right back. No traffic issues at all. Of course, I wasn't driving and rode in the back on the way there, which both helped. :) I was even home in time for dinner.

Laurie, I am glad you are feeling better!

imnchghere Offline
#1761 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:39:02 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. I ended up with a pretty good day. Cards and laundry.. Could have done more, but I had to take care of some other things. Turned out to be a dreary wet day (mostly drizzle), so I didn't get outside. It is 50* right now and it is 11:30ish. It is supposed to be sunny and 50 tomorrow, so I may get outside for a bit. More important I get the cards done and ready to mail next week though. And the furniture moved out of the way to make room for the new.
Paula, sorry your day got kind of messed up, but I am sure your friend appreciated the company. Will you have help with MH on Friday?
I see you just checked in and posted the trip went well.

Rhonda, is the tax stuff you are working on for the old job? I hope you can get to your craft table this weekend. I am ready to be through with the cfs. I usually only make them when the counts are low.
Laurie, I will keep an eye out for your cards. And glad you are feeling back to par. I will figure out the Easter dates, but we will be starting those next since Easter is the end of March.
Carrie, I really like your scrap area/room. Your wall with the shelves is much like mine. I am still working on organizing everything to go on the shelves though. I am trying to utilize containers and baskets I already have. I kind of came to a halt with the holidays, but I can pick back up now and get moving forward.

Well, the dryer just went off and I need to hang some things up and fold others. Then I think I am heading to bed after I check the CFS thread.

Lizzy, I hope you had a good day today.

Flee57 Offline
#1762 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:38:11 AM(UTC)
Flee57

Good morning everyone! Happy Thursday!

Have an awesome day!

Later!
imnchghere Offline
#1763 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:09:03 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning. I am off shortly to run a couple errands and go to M's. I have a 50% cpn and I want to use it on a refill for my Xyron 510.
Back home and the plan is to work on the cfs and try to get them finished up. Probably won't happen, but I would like to try to at least get the partially done ones completed.

I still need to finish the purging and putting away of the holiday stuff. Jim said we will get it done this weekend as well as getting the dining room cleared. It's the daily interruptions that are throwing me off. Or maybe I am just NOT handling them well. I guess I should work on that.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day and I will be back later.

Nancycs Offline
#1764 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:48:10 AM(UTC)
Nancycs

Good morning!

Laurie that is great that that you are feeling better! Now you just need to stay that way!!

Rhonda I hope tax paperwork goes quickly so you can craft this weekend. I imagine I will do some tax prep this weekend as well. I am hoping to go through my calendar to add hours, mileage, and phone calls.

Paula I am glad the drive wasn't bad. You must not have gone during rush hour or when there were a large number of flights coming and going.

Pat sorry about your dreary day. We will getting drizzle starting this afternoon. It was great you got some things done inside though. I hope the weather is as predicted for you so you can get outside and enjoy it even if you are working!

There is really nothing new here. Our egg bakes were good last night.BigGrin

Not much on the agenda today besides work. I may do some things tonight but not sure what yet.

Well I start this about 3 hours ago I guess I better hit post!
QtnSasyCarrie Offline
#1765 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 3:18:31 PM(UTC)
QtnSasyCarrie

God evening! Thanks for the nice words about my craft space. I just wish it would stay that way. I am not using it much this week as I want to enjoy it for a while. That I am up to my eyeballs with end of the year office stuff.

Nancy I have to laugh at the starting the post 3 hours ago. I do that and I never get back to post it.

Pat I hope that day went well and you were able to do cards.

Happy Thursday Laurie. Glad you are feeling better.

Paula glad to hear the trip went well. I hate heavy traffic.

Rhonda I am not as organized as it looks. LOL But it is much better than it was. I still have boxes in the basement and the playroom. I guess they'll be staying there for now.

Well I worked on figuring out my carts today. I have so many and then some are digital. Ugh! I have even bought a digital one I didn't know i already had. No more of that. I also called a new girl to do my hair next week. My hair is so damaged and dry that I need to do something. I feel bad but since my old girl is pregnant and taking maternity leave in 2 weeks I feel I can do this now without hurting her feelings.

Have a good evening.
Lizzy Offline
#1766 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:24:42 PM(UTC)
Lizzy

Hi friends,

Work is still whizzing past and I need about two more days: one to catch up on the work with the students and another to catch up on the work I'm already behind on! But, it will all get done! Thankfully, the students are being just fabulous. They are working hard and have such happy, cooperative attitudes that they are a simple joy to spend time with. My wiggle worm boy can wear me out, but otherwise, I feel lots of patience and love for the rest of them. My compassion and patience is great right now and for that I am grateful. In truth, I will only be working for five more months. I have April off so I'm not counting that. Kelly says I should count the days and then count them down!!

Terry and I are going to be talking seriously about our future plans: I see some logical steps. Get this house ready to sell, sell this house, during that period of time decide where we are going to live, move to wherever we are going to live. Right now our options are stay in this area, the Cincinnati area, Louisville, or the Cary, NC area. Now, I suppose there are other options, but so far none have been seriously considered. One man he works with said that his research led them to retire somewhere in Florida. But then Terry couldn't remember where in Florida. I would gladly live in the St. Petersburg area so I could live near the boys.

I have some work to do tonight and I'd like to get it done so I have the weekend to play....so having said that, I'm going to sign off without saying a single word about anyone's posts and get to work. I'm so stinking selfish tonight, huh?

Take care....I'll check in tomorrow! Hugs to everyone!
rm920 Offline
#1767 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 6:01:38 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

I have been busy working on taxes, paperwork etc. It is that time of year and I have so much to get done. I will work tomorrow at old job and see how close I can get to wrapping that up. Then I have plenty to do here. Never ending....

But I do plan to spend some time crafting this weekend. I need a break.!

There is a lot of flu etc going around here. Schools are sending students home left and right. 2 of the 4 of us girls at work were home sick so yesterday was spent just trying to keep up. It was busy but it is beginning to come much easier now.

Lizzy, hope you can make your choice about where you will be living so the progress can begin. Glad the students are working fairly well so far. Just keep your great attitude and you will be done before you know it.

Oh, we did get some much needed rain yesterday - only about 4 tenths but will gladly take and enjoy it.

Pat, were you able to finish the CFS?

Carrie, that would be so frustrating to find you had bought 2 of the same cart. They are expensive enough without buying duplicates. Hope you can get a system together so you can know just what you have! I have several on my wish list but am not purchasing anything new for a while. Need to put what I have to use first!

Nancy, glad you enjoyed the egg bakes. Are you ready for your class to start?

Paula and Lizzy, what are you two up to?
I_M_BLEST Offline
#1768 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 6:20:14 AM(UTC)
I_M_BLEST

Good morning ladies!

Monster house today. DS is helping me. It looks like his friend spent the night last night. It was raining and we were worried about it maybe freezing. (he has about a 20 minute drive) It was 38* when I went to bed but now it is 48.

The start up church we support in Indy borrowed our trailer because theirs was stolen. Since they don't have a building they keep their stuff in one. Anyhow...the insurance finally came through and they bought another and are returning outs Sat. So I am trying to figure out when we can run north and drop off this ten ton oak entertainment center at the cottage. It is supposed to rain this weekend so no snow on the roads...hmm...

The flu is really hitting hard around here too. Many Chicago hospitals were having to reroute people to other hospitals because they were so full.
Be careful Rhonda!! Wash your hands and don't touch your face!! Maybe you can take something to sanitize your area and shared surfaces.
imnchghere Offline
#1769 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2013 6:20:45 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and TGIF. Lots to get done here today and we have a nice weekend ahead weather wise. We could see 70 on Sunday in parts of our area. But by the end of next week, it will be January again. I hope we can get into the yard.
I got all the cfs done that I am going to be doing and as soon as I get the ones being sent to me I will get them into the mail. Probably next week. Meanwhile it is back to the purging, putting things away and getting the main floor ready for the new furniture delivery on the 17th. Jim said if I hve the small items out of the way, we can knock out the large pieces this weekend. That would be the hutch, a sofa table in the entry area and the dining table/chairs that will go to Kristen. I am also hoping we can get a few things in the garage up into the loft. Time to set up another donation pick up. BigGrin
Monday is a scrap together at a friends house. I will need something to work on. Thought I might just take my laptop and figure out which pictures I need to print out for my page kits.

Lizzy, even though you've had a busy week, you sound upbeat and the students will likely feed off of that. I hope everything continues to go well. Sounds like you and Terry have a plan for the next steps. One at a time.
What is everyone else up to this weekend?
rm920 Offline
#1770 Posted : Saturday, January 12, 2013 6:01:43 AM(UTC)
rm920

Good morning all...

Looks like everyone here in challenge land was busy yesterday! Hope that is good for everyone.

The flu is really hitting some areas here. Amber's school had to postpone the basketball game last night and the dance tonight has been rescheduled for early February. She was so disappointed. This will be her first dance. But at least she has gotten sick so far!

Last night I worked on paperwork. This morning I am heading in to old job to try to get as much done there. I will take a break for hairapy this morning as well.

My goal is to get most of the paperwork out of the way so I can work at my craft table tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.