Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<6869707172>»
Dbson Offline
#2071 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:59:40 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good morning, sunny out but still a bit on the 'cold' side right now.....I don't normally get cold but the last couple of days I have been wearing a jacket.....
Headed out to take down and store decorations at church, got 1/2 my Wii time done, will finish when I get home, need to call my friend and set a date to go to her play room and get some things ready for my retreat....I have nothing ready, at all....enough chicken for supper tonight, thinking of a big pot of chili for tomorrow and Monday......thinking of getting my SUV detailed and sell it, sits most of the time, might buy a smaller economical vehicle for my use....trying to decide if that is really what I want to do or just a passing fancy.......will toss it around in my mind for a few days.....
Need to get several b'day cards done this weekend too, I made a Hershey Kiss from paper, tie it up with twine, holds about 6 candies, they would be good to give the kids for a Valentine treat.
Hope everyone has a great first weekend of the new year.....
Gramma Offline
#2072 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 10:38:48 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Still have snow.. too cold to melt, but not much added to what we had. Temps in the 30's daytime, teens at night.

WOW to Phyllis and Deb on their posted cards. Like Pat and Renate, mine really pale in comparison. Hopefully one will fill someone's need.

Chicken tenders are awesome wrapped in a strip of bacon and baked. The bacon doesn't get very brown, but it is cooked and fairly crispy at 400 degrees. I put a strip on a simple lettuce wedge and serve with ranch dressing.

Not much else going on.. that awful flu is still in the area... my Sister-in-law has it(she's on her 3rd week). She gave it to her two kids over Christmas and they passed it on to their friends.
Bad, bad stuff!

Deb I would hate to see you lose your sitter. MIL must be very traumatized about what is going on in her life to be so angry and hurtful. Have you thought about having your minister in to chat with her. Maybe she just needs an ear to chew on in order to relieve some of the frustration. On a happy note, Gracie seems to be fitting in nicely. Has Howard tried her in his lap while driving yet?

Hellos to the rest of the castle... Have a great weekend.
Hugz,
Gramma
RGK Offline
#2073 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 2:02:58 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
good afternoon,
Just checking in. I did some shopping this morning and brought home a Costco rotisserie chicken. We swapped lunch and dinner, it will give me some time to do things around the house and in my OMG room.
Deb, just how warm is it there ? We have not seen the freezing mark in a long time. Glad you got the decorations taken down and dinner planned. Hershey Kisses treat sound cute, did you have a file or template for it?
Gramma, sorry to hear about all the flu cases. It seems a big problem this winter. I've been lucky, knock on wood. Some coworkers had nasty stuff going around in their families. We still have snow on the grass/neighborhood streets. It is supposed to get milder this coming week with lots of rain, hope it will wash it all away.--I have seen your cards, they are not pale-ing.
I think I'll go back to work on my son's Army scrapbook. First though I want to bag the rest of the CFS cards to get some order back into the room.
Wishing everyone a good day, accomplishing things and getting rest and play time.
Renate
RGK Offline
#2074 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 3:05:40 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

A few of my Valentine's Day cards. Renate
File Attachment(s):
100_2970.JPG (1,539kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
100_2972.JPG (1,533kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
100_2980.JPG (1,511kb) downloaded 13 time(s).
100_2985.JPG (1,507kb) downloaded 14 time(s).
housefullofrotties Offline
#2075 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 7:41:18 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hello everyone!

Renate~A full work week next week ought to be pretty rough! Your cards are great! Glad you are going to get some time to work on the scrapbook!

Phyllis~Well no playing in my room but I am prepping for stamp camp!

Pat~I'm sure your cards look great! Hope you were able to get all the holiday stuff put away. Also hope you can make it to SC one of these days!

Deb~Sorry to hear things aren't going well with the sitter. I hope things get under control soon.

Gramma~I have no doubt that your cards are great too!

Phyllis and Deb I saw your cards too. Love them. What a talented group! I did get the thank you cards done and set aside, got some cleaning in and have one card prepped (a start at least, no clue on our numbers yet). More tomorrow. Halftime is over so I must go sit in front of the TV. Go Pack!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2076 Posted : Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:31:57 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. Not much going on here. Went to A's, HL and J's and dropped a few dollars but not a whole lot, just some necessities like tape refills, some glossy card stock at HL at 50% off. I love the look with this paper with the Memory Box dies (hope I can say that on here). I do need to get some laundry done, haven't done any in a week so it's piling up. I have been working on CFS Valentines also and have about 75 done.

Jess, glad you got your thank you cards done. How is your Packers doing? Game should be close to being over by now. I can't believe the Bengals are in the play offs, we'll see how far they go, I'm not a football fan so don't keep up very much.

Renate, I saw your cards, great ones, I see some familiar cuts on them. I have a preorder at another site for some of the new ones released, they are supposed to ship in January sometime.

Gramma, your cards do not pale in comparison, you do great work. Sorry about all the flu in your area and family. I did not get a flu shot this year, keeping my fingers crossed. DH keeps reminding me that I should get one. He's the one who used to never get one and I always got one when I was working. The chicken tenders sound yummy.

Deb, you're doing great on your new years resolutions, looks like you're getting some me time too, another retreat. Are you keeping your VW Beetle? Don't know what to say about MIL, very frustrating. Scooter does not like to ride in a car either, Cody does OK but too much makes Scooter sick so we don't take him very far.

Pat, did you get your holiday stuff down and put away? DH took all the outside decorations down and put them away. You stay so busy, I'm surprised you have time to make any cards at all but I'm sure they are not lame, you Christmas card was beautiful. We are our worst critics.

Guess I'll end here, Scooter is at my feet whining wanting me to pet him. He is so verbal on what he wants. He growls at the water bowl if it's empty, stands on his behind and begs for anything and everything. He is such a funny and smart dog, I love love love my little fur babies.

imnchghere Offline
#2077 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 7:26:17 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. we got no snow or any other precip last night. I saw on the radar it was all north of us in PA and parts of NY, but I don't think for Gramma. We will be near 50 next week. Sounds good to me.

Big game day here with the Skins and Seahawks. Do I care? Not really. Bored
We are going to see the matinee showing of Les Mis today and then I am going to work on cards. I think I am going to have to make a few cuts or something to go with the odds and ends I have. I do think I have some old PP that will work also. I just can't seem to get inspired on these cards. I got sidetracked with family research and there was no turning back.

Deb, I wish I could get going on exercise. Every day I have big plans and they go down the tubes. My eldest daughter lost almost 60# last year. She does Zumba 3 - 4 times a week, plus has changed her eating habits drastically. One would think I would be totally inspired by her.
I keep saying a prayer for your situation with MIL and hope that everything will work out.

Jim got the last of the outdoor decor yesterday. I had 3 little trees with lights in the front island. I have a pot on the front porch with silk poinsettias in it that I will leave out for a while. It is between the rockers and is a nice splash of color. I think I have everything gathered from inside the house and will start purging it next week. I am hoping for less tubs when I am through. I didn't buy anything after the holidays except some replacement bulbs for the window candles and a roll of wide ribbon. Oh and some fake fruit from Home Goods for an idea from pinterest.
Renate, your cards were great also. I will say, I got a little inspiration from them. When I was looking for the extra cuts I had, I found a bunch of shapes I can stamp with sentiments. I had cut them in white (trying to come up with the right size for a project). I just need to hunker down at the work table and NOT come up until I get productive. LOL

Hello to everyone else. Hope your day is good.

Dbson Offline
#2078 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 9:01:43 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Sunday,
Pat congrats to your DD, I wish there was a Zumba class near me, my friend does yoga in town, but my yoga poses don't look like they should....enjoy the day.....I am sure your cards are just as good as mine....just trying out some new cuts.....and some paper cuts better than others. Tried a paper from a local craft store, didn't cut good at all, so guess I will find something else to try today....thought I would carry cards to work on next month at my retreat for Mother's and Father's Day....
Phyllis sorry the pooch can't ride a long distance....we sure hope this one will....we love to go.
Gramma hope the flu bug is gone from the family, I never took the shot and don't plan to in the future....
Great cards Renate, love them all...have a great work week.
Jess enjoy your day today, may your team win, if playing....no football fan in me.....
Joanne, Karen....hello....hope you are doing well.
I am off to make myself presentable at church, pooch will not be happy, but she will learn...doing great on the potty pad training....think it will be a bit warmer this weekend so maybe we can get out in the yard.....later.....
imnchghere Offline
#2079 Posted : Sunday, January 06, 2013 8:03:12 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.... it has been a good day, just not very productive. Went to iHop for brunch and then the early showing of Les Mis. We don't go to movies, so this was a real treat. And it was so good. Years ago, we saw it on stage, but this had so much more detail. While it is a sad story, I didn't shed any tears. I think it was sadder the first time when I didn't know what would happen.
Anyway, we then went to Costco to p/u a few things. Once back homme, the afternoon was shot and I just couldn't get moving on the cards. After dinner, I sat down and made some cuts of "Love". I will put together as many as I can the rest of the evening and will try to post some pictures in the morning.
I am not going to worry about the house or decorations until I get moving on the cards.

Phyllis, I had to laugh about Scooter being verbal. Our dogs always loved to ride in the car, which was good. The cat, not so much. Deb, I hope Gracie learns to like riding.

Wwell, I need to get back to the card parts. I want to try to get to bed early tonight. Or at least earlier than I have been.

#2080 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 12:36:11 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday! Hope everyone has a good and productive day. It'll be a long one for me!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2081 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 8:51:34 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Happy Monday everyone. Kind of spinning in my tracks here. I did get about 2 doz cards knocked out last night, before I called it quits. I am going to look for some PP scraps I am pretty sure are stashed somewhere and do something similar to one of Renate's. Since I have trouble getting rid of papers, I might as well use them up. While I am scrounging for the paper, I am going to try to pull any spring scraps also. What I need to do is cut them down to fit on top of A2 bases and put them in a container, like I do my odd size cuts. Then they will be where I can get to them quickly.

Even though I still have holiday stuff to go through and purge, I want to get the cards out of the way first. I have candy to go in the box as well as some puzzle books. Easter is early this year, so we will do that next along with general use cards.

Jess, sorry it will be a long day for you. Bad enough it is Monday. hello to everyone else.

Dbson Offline
#2082 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 2:32:21 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon.....dental appt early, ran a couple errands, met hubby at the furniture store and he left with 2 new recliners....we weren't happy with the ones we had....we are Lane furniture folks and these are lane....now to get rid of the ones we bought last year....I made it to HL, Target, a bite of lunch from Arby's, Piggly Wiggly for his coffee mate (boy, I created a monster with White Chocolate Caramel Latte), home to get the new chairs in the den, then to WM for groceries...
Yes I will be keeping the VW, checked around on prices for my SUV, but.....may just put it back in the basement and forget selling. Got about 20 fronts for Father's Day cards done yesterday, would really like to have about 50 of each 'day' to work on...plus I need more general birthday cards for church members.....

Pat glad you enjoyed the movies, nice to have brunch and knock out some shopping too.....glad you were able to get some cards done.

Jess hope your day wasn't too long......at least Monday is over.....

Phyllis I should video Gracie begging for a treat.....she jumps around, sits up on her hind legs like a squirrel....one of our other dogs was 'very vocal' for food.....but she crawls in her kennel when she wants to nap.....

Hello to Karen, Gramma, Renate and Joanne....need to get my Wii time in....I did put my counter on for the day and logged a few steps to post to my chart.....

Have a great rest of the day, chili left over for supper, work day Wed all day for the upcoming retreat...later....
#2083 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 5:31:54 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi. Hope everyone had a good day.

Phyllis~Glad you found a few goodies at the store! I like those Memory Box dies. My friend sells them in her store but she doesn't list most of her inventory on her website so you never know what she has in stock. I suppose I could send her an email asking her to look but then I kind of feel like a PIA! The Packers won and they play again on Sat. It will be a tough game. The Bengals lost the other day but at least they made it to the playoffs. I love that the dogs have such personalities!

Pat~LOL at you not caring about football. It's not for everyone!! More important in your area than the Skins and Seahawks were the Ravens!! Glad you had a good time at the movie and smart thinking to treat yourself to some downtime! Good job getting some cards done. Hope you got a good nights rest.

Deb~Zumba is so popular. I really hear good things about it. Once I get home from work I have a hard time wanting to go anywhere, much less leave the house to exercise. Hope you find some paper that is just right for you. How is Gracie around MIL. Good luck with her last treatment tomorrow. While I was reading about your recliners I was thinking...didn't they just get some? I see I was right!! Hope these work better for you.

Hello to everyone else! Hope things are well!

Another 10.5 hour day but it was productive. Came home and picked up the kitchen, made dinner, cleaned the kitchen again, did two loads of laundry (2nd in the dryer) and will put the first load away. Working on stamp camp a little. I'm ready for bed. Going to stamp a little more, watch a bit of football and get some sleep before I have to do it all over again tomorrow. Have a fabulous evening!

Jess

Edited by user Monday, January 07, 2013 5:35:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#2084 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 6:33:00 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Jess I am not a fan of football either, but the big game tonight is one I will flip back and forth too....AL vs ND......Gracie is fine around MIL, usually hubby is holding her. Sitter came out this afternoon after a marathon day of appts....her radiology dr left, they didn't know he was leaving, so she had a new doc today, now talking about 'surgery in Birmingham', hubby has already told them no way he can do that, her medical dr said she wasn't a good candidate at her age, found out this morning that his bro is not much better, his wife has quit her job to be home to take care of him....
RGK Offline
#2085 Posted : Monday, January 07, 2013 8:37:59 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening, hope everyone is doing well.
Pat, did your cards get done last night? I have a lot of trouble getting rid of paper too, can't resist a new paper here and there. They are all soooo pretty. I like your idea of pre-cutting s stack of paper for the next challenge.--Glad you liked the movie. I have not seen it.
Deb, are you going to get rid of the chairs from last year? They have 'my' couch at Costco for a good prize, now if I can get someone to bring it home and into the house for us...I'll check with my DD BF. He might know someone with a truck. Costco does not deliver.--Are you making Father's Day cards for CFS or church? I need to work on a personal stash of cards. Although I really don't need many. Gracie is too funny, I see she has shown her personality. Our Moses also goes into his kennel when he turns in for the night. He just doesn't know how to latch the door yet.--Sorry to hear about more medical issues in the family. Hope all can be helped.
Jess, you sure had a long day. Mine was not quiet as long but busy as always. Arby's for dinner tonight. I was not in the mood to cook, did cook on the weekend. --I saw that your team won, happy for you, hope they make it to the end. Ours lost unfortunately, but they had a great season with many challenges, and they are a young team. They'll be back next year. --Have a good work-Tuesday.
I've been busy organizing my flash drives that I save my scanned stuff on. Wanted to do that before I go back to my scanning project.---It is great to see new and returning names on the sign-up thread.
Hello to Phyllis, Gramma, Joanne, Karen....Renate
#2086 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:36:51 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello to everyone...including the 53 guests viewing the thread right now! I hope everyone heads over to the signup thread to make cards for the troops!

Deb~Sorry to hear BIL isn't doing well, I didn't realize he was ill. What's going on with him? I hope all docs get on the same page w/MIL. I watched a few minutes of the game, until the first ball call, and then taped the rest!

Renate~Busy days at work make the time go by faster! How is the scanning project coming along? Do you have an end in sight?

Haope everyone has a great day!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2087 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:54:04 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. A quick check in before I'm off to the PO and Lowes. I forgot to notify the USPS to pick up my box and its too hard to catch him when he delivers mail,he has no schedule anymore.

Pat, congrats on the card making progress. I've never seen that movie. I can't remember when I've been to a theatre.

Jess, I've never seen the MB dies in any stores here, wish they would stock them. Boo on the long days. Congrats on the win for the Packs. No big disappointment here as I was surprised the Bengals even got as far as the did.

Deb, hope you're enjoying your new recliners, what did you do with the old ones. Hope MIL issues are worked out and sorry about BIL, Howard sure has his hands full. A movie of Gracie would be cute. Yay for Alabama on their win.

Hello to all the other queens, I've gotta run.

Dbson Offline
#2088 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:17:13 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon......never ending battle here with health issues so it is what it is.....BIL has lung issues, COPD, etc.....on oxygen 24/7, just quit smoking about a month ago...he just waited too many years to 'try' to do something about his health....sad, very sad....Sitter said they were going to continue with radiation for now....not sure how many more treatments she can have. Guess we will find out later in the week.....

Yes, proud to be from ALABAMA today, Jess I agree about some calls.....even me, the least caring football person saw some bad ones.....

Jess you voiced my exact sentiments......ThumpUp Wink Wink

Phyllis old chairs are in the garage now, if the boys don't want them, we will find someone that does or give them away.....sorry you had to make the PO trip.....will make a video of Gracie once we get her groomed again and get that 'fly away' look gone....and yes, hubby has his hands full and it isn't getting any better......but we knew this is how it would be.....

Renate hope you can get your sofa home soon.....the cards I plan to make at my retreat will be for CFS, but I always try to make extra for my personal use too....

Hello to everyone else, I am off to get some cuts started...
RGK Offline
#2089 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 2:41:28 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello all,
Jess, hope you had a good work day. Yes, my days go by real fast, I'm sure they do for you too. I think I'm about half way done with the scanning project. If I do an hour every day it will be manageable.
Phyllis, sorry you had to go to the PO. I asked one of the girls at 'A' about the MB, she had heard of them but no they don't carry them.
Deb, someone will surely want the chairs since you only had them about a year. Sorry about all the health issues. Hope you take good care of yourself and Howard so you two stay healthy.--No sofa yet, can't purchase until I have arrangements made.
It is 42 degrees today, a heatwave LOL. Some snow is melting, the sun is out. We will have lots of rain this week...
I need to find something for dinner, DH asked for brats but we don't have any. Will come up with plan B. Have a great day, hello to the rest of the queens. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2090 Posted : Tuesday, January 08, 2013 10:22:05 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening in the castle.... day started out pretty good and then I was prepping dinner and we lost electricity. It was down for 3hrs. By then I lost interest in working on the cards. I do need to get busy and get them finished though.
Deb, I am sorry to read about all the family health issues you & H are dealing with. Take care of yourselves though, which I know you do.

We are looking at unseasonably mild weather the next 5 days, so I would like to get into the yard for a little final clean up. Mostly leaves that can be a real mess if we get snow and then freezing stuff. We do have rain on Friday (maybe), so tomorrow would be a good day to get out there. We could even see 60's by the weekend. I will work on the cards when I am stuck inside or the evenings. Will need Jim's help moving things to make room for the new dining room pieces arriving next week. We will do that this weekend. Sort of excited. Hoping everything is going to work.

Renate, I saw some sofas at Costco. I wonder if one of them is the one you hope to get. We can't do the big sectionals. I like all the seating they provide though.
I was looking for a file the other day on my research flash drive and realized there are some things on it that I need to take off. I use it when I travel and try to keep only research files on it. I also want to make sure everything on it is on a *cloud* we have.

Phyllis, have you caught up yet? I still have holiday stuff to go through and put away, but I need to have the cards ready to ship and the space emptied for furniture. I will get to the stuff.

Hope everyone else, Gramma, Joanne, Jess, and all the *guests* that visit the castle, have a great week.

#2091 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:35:57 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning! Hope everyone has a fun filled and productive day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2092 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 4:32:29 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy MOW to you Jess......hope work treats you well....
Pat I saw where you lost power....glad it came on within a reasonable time....
Renate maybe you can recruit some 'strong bodies' to get that sofa soon....
I don't think we will have trouble getting rid of the chairs...yes, we are taking care of 'us', because if we don't, no one else will....I also wish the docs would all get on one page...sad that the first radiology dr didn't tell them last week he was leaving....of course, he might not have known it either til the end of the day....never know what goes on......it is suppose to be in the low 70's toward the weekend...but some rain for the next 7 days.....the lawn guys came by yesterday the cleaned up all the leaves and cut the grass....looks so much better....sadly we went out front earlier and 'someone' has stomped right in the middle of a shrub....broke several of the little branches.....why would someone do that is beyond me....no way an animal could have 'stepped' there.....I went to bed way early, up way too early too.....headed to my Wii and then dress and spend the day putting together scrap prizes for our retreat.....be gone all day......
Hope everyone has a great day, later...
Deb
Dbson Offline
#2093 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 5:43:55 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, a very productive day, we got 30 prizes photographed and ready for the retreat, think there will be about 75 total....we have 61 total attending this year.....another work day next weekend....that day we will have 4 or 5 helpers...should be productive...

Hope everyone has a great night, I am off to finish up a couple things here and hit the bed again early, I hope....
RGK Offline
#2094 Posted : Wednesday, January 09, 2013 6:57:26 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening Ladies,
Just a quick note to say hello. Pat, sorry about the power loss. Lost interest in the card making, on the other hand you got the chance to sneak in outside work with the weather being so warm. Glad your furniture will be arriving soon.--Yes, the middle size is the one I'm interested in. We have the open concept house and it is the only place where it will fit.--Is the 'cloud' an online place to store your files? I have mine on the external HD, flash drive and PC and will back it up on dvd's. Don't feel comfortable putting personal stuff on cyberspace.
Deb, I can't believe how warm it is in your area. Imagine having the grass cut in January. Shame people can't respect other's property...Glad you are taking care of yourselves, like you said, no body else will.
Jess, how was your MOW day? Almost done for the week again. How are the plans for the weekend coming along? I did my scanning for the evening, it's slow but steady going.
How is everyone else doing? It's quiet in the castle...Good evening everyone. Renate
#2095 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 1:33:43 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Hope everyone is good! Holy long week! It's been a long time since I had a five day work week. I don't like it!!! Have a fabulous day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2096 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:20:10 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning Jess....sorry about the long work week, at least it is over after tomorrow....
Dreary looking day, 61*, way too warm......Renate the grass wasn't too bad, just the leaves from all the neighbor's trees....we have "ZERO" trees in our yard, but our yard collects from two different places....anyway it does look much better....

Happy Birthday Gramma....hope it is a great day for you.....

Hope everyone has a great day, I am off to finish my biscuit and get some housework done while hubby is gone to the dr....tonight is cooking class and tomorrow I really need to run some errands, pay a bill and mail my cards.....later.....

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:23:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#2097 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 8:45:42 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning..
Jess, those 5 day work weeks will get you every time. Hope today is an easy day.
Deb, it is not as warm here, but we are experiencing above normal temps and while it is better than snow, ice and cold, it throws things off. I am hoping Jim & I can get in the yard this weekend and clean up the last of the leaves. At least I can help him, because there are NO little bugs in my face. I am doing as much as I can with the dining room, so the only thing I will need him for is moving the current hutch, taking down the shelves on the walls and taking apart the table that youngest dd is taking.

Renate, you had asked me about *cloud* storage. It is off site storage. Very secure (or as secure as it can be). We also have everything on an external hard drive(s) and some of my research files are even on flash drives (for travel), but everything is also backed up on SugarSync Cloud storage. Even the Government and large corporations are using cloud storage these days.

Gramma.. your cards came yesterday and I want to wish you a Happy, Happy Birthday also. Maybe I will make some scones in your honor.

I am out of here to take care of some errands. Will check back later.
Gramma Offline
#2098 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 9:24:26 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Happy Thursday... and thank youse for the birthday messages.

Pat glad the cards got there OK. Enjoy your new furniture and send me an honorary scone if you get the chance...LOL

Deb health issues are way too abundant in your family...I will add another take care of yourself to the list. I'm sure Gracie has you and DH wrapped around her furry little tail by now. She can be a big help when you're feeling down.

Renate and Jess... five day weeks... everyday is a Saturday when you retire and all these other days will fade from memory before you know it...IMHO

Phyllis you are always on the move...

Hellos to anyone else who stops by...

Hugz,
Gramma
PS: Sun is shining temps in hi 30's... thought I forgot didn't you?
Phyllis Offline
#2099 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:18:54 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello to the castle. I see I'm way behind again.

Pat, I see you are getting ready for the new furniture. I have ICloud storage but have not used it yet. Warm temps expected here too, supposed to be in the 60's. all our snow is gone.

Deb, I see you've been busy with your retreat. Sounds like fun. Has MIL been treating the sitter better?

Renate, your scanning schedule sounds like a good workable plan. Hope you can get your new sofa, the open floor area is nice, wish I had that. Our house over 40 years old.

Jess, I don't envy your 5 day work week but I'm sure you are glad to have a job in these days. Hope your work day is easy.

Gramma, first of all HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. hope it's a great one. LOL on your weather reports.

I've got to get myself together and go get my flu shot, the reports are scaring me a little and DH will leave me alone.

Dbson Offline
#2100 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:10:19 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Gramma I had a boss one time and his comment on retirement was: every day is a holiday and every meal is a banquet!!!!!!!!

Phyllis 'I guess she has been nicer', I haven't been out there or talked to her since the incident....I am trying to stay out of it...

Pat my cards will probably go in the mail tomorrow, you will need to share a pic of your new furniture when it arrives.....

I see the clouds are dark and rain is headed this way, soon it looks......later...

Edited by user Thursday, January 10, 2013 11:12:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified