Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

6knights Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 2:49:50 PM(UTC)
6knights

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have tried to update or sync my Gypsy and can't get past the following message when syncing:

"You must save your Gypsy project before Sync can continue. Save your project then click 'OK' to continue."

I don't even have any projects to save. There are no files on my Gypsy at all. I have tried turning off my firewall and antivirus programs. I have done multiple Google searches and can't come up with any information at all on this Sync message. I'm feeling frustrated that I have spent too many hours trying to solve this problem. If anyone can help at all, I would really appreciate it.

I am running Windows 7 on a 64 bit computer.
I am running CricutSync v.2.1.12
6knights attached the following image(s):
Gypsy Sync Message.jpg
Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 3:26:50 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 6knights Go to Quoted Post
I have tried to update or sync my Gypsy and can't get past the following message when syncing:

"You must save your Gypsy project before Sync can continue. Save your project then click 'OK' to continue."

I don't even have any projects to save. There are no files on my Gypsy at all. I have tried turning off my firewall and antivirus programs. I have done multiple Google searches and can't come up with any information at all on this Sync message. I'm feeling frustrated that I have spent too many hours trying to solve this problem. If anyone can help at all, I would really appreciate it.

I am running Windows 7 on a 64 bit computer.
I am running CricutSync v.2.1.12

Sign in to your cricut.com account, minimize the window as you want it to remain open, then try to update your g again. Let us know the outcome.
6knights Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 8:01:57 PM(UTC)
6knights

I signed into my account and tried to sync again. Unfortunately, it did not work. I am still getting the same message.
Mercy Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:38:12 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Disconnect the cable from your g, restart your computer and your g. Reconnect your G and try to update. Let us know the outcome. Make sure your G is connected to an electrical outlet.
jrnesetdac8f90d Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, August 27, 2012 3:31:17 AM(UTC)
jrnesetdac8f90d

I am having the same problem with my gypsy. I have tried everything mentioned above and it still comes up saying I have to save my project. I am on a Mac. Any other ideas or suggestions to get my gypsy to update.
mommajones477f7c7c9 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 01, 2012 2:44:45 PM(UTC)
mommajones477f7c7c9

I'm having the same issue. And I can't download some of my cartridges until I get this update.
jsmaddog7449ca55 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 3:50:23 AM(UTC)
jsmaddog7449ca55

I am having the same issue
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 5:45:08 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Call PC and CS will help you.

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

International customers: 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com
jsmaddog7449ca55 Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 11:23:59 PM(UTC)
jsmaddog7449ca55

Many thanks scrapalette for the advice. It took me 3 days to get through from Australia but thanks to support representative Pam and 2 hours of her time, the problem has been fixed.
musicmama2010b2dafa27 Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 7:45:12 PM(UTC)
musicmama2010b2dafa27

I am encountering the same problem. Gypsy itself says "Loading..." and won't turn off without using the reset. Sync message is the same as the original post.

Would any of you who were successful in speaking to CS and getting the problem resolved, please say what steps it took? It's past their closing time and I really wanted to get my Gypsy finally up and working. Crying

Thanks in advance.
jsmaddog7449ca55 Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 8:12:09 PM(UTC)
jsmaddog7449ca55

They had to reformat my Gypsy but it meant I lost everything on it and I will have to link all my cartridges again. CS tried several different things before resorting to that. I don't think there is one answer so you would probably be better off waiting until you can get hold of them.
#12 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 8:23:23 PM(UTC)
musicmama2010b2dafa27

Originally Posted by: jsmaddog7449ca55 Go to Quoted Post
They had to reformat my Gypsy but it meant I lost everything on it and I will have to link all my cartridges again. CS tried several different things before resorting to that. I don't think there is one answer so you would probably be better off waiting until you can get hold of them.

When you say 'They had to reformat', do you mean that they gave you instructions over the phone or did you have to send it in? I'm hoping I don't have to send it in because I waited 3 months to get one back and I haven't had time to try and use the replacement. Wish I had read this board first and skipped the update.
jsmaddog7449ca55 Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 1:52:47 AM(UTC)
jsmaddog7449ca55

I live in Australia. I allowed them to access my computer desktop remotely so they could reformat the gypsy.
jsmaddog7449ca55 Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 2:05:43 AM(UTC)
jsmaddog7449ca55

If you can get to the screen where it gives you the choice not to update you may not need to reformat. I wasn't able to get past the loading & welcome screens. It just kept going from one to the other after I downloaded the update. I uninstalled update and did the sync again but kept getting the message to save projects. I couldn't get into the Cricut application screen but the photo App & Settings App were both working. Everytime I tried the Cricut App it went to loading screen then back to welcome screen.
PammyO Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:48:22 PM(UTC)
PammyO

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OMG... I have the same problem... I wanted to cut something i got it free with the purchase of my Gypsy... when I tried to load it... It said I needed to update my gypsy... when it was almost finished, it gave me the same issue... then it froze my Gypsy... It says Gypsy, with LOADING under it... the error told me to turn off my gypsy and turn it back on!!! ARRRGGGG!!!!
Please Help~Mad Confused Crying I cant turn it off!

Edited by user Saturday, September 15, 2012 4:49:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:48:30 AM(UTC)
musicmama2010b2dafa27

Originally Posted by: PamelaOstapkowicz Go to Quoted Post
OMG... I have the same problem... I wanted to cut something i got it free with the purchase of my Gypsy... when I tried to load it... It said I needed to update my gypsy... when it was almost finished, it gave me the same issue... then it froze my Gypsy... It says Gypsy, with LOADING under it... the error told me to turn off my gypsy and turn it back on!!! ARRRGGGG!!!!
Please Help~Mad Confused Crying I cant turn it off!

The only way to turn it off is to use the reset "hole" on the back.
Mamacita Offline
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 12:28:36 PM(UTC)
Mamacita

I am using a Mac and I can't even get my mac to load the cricut sync software. Wonder if it is even worth it with all the issues people are having.
Mamacita Offline
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:25:52 PM(UTC)
Mamacita

Well, I decided to try again and now am having the issue that my G won't even come on. I pushed in the little back button on the back and that does not help. Now it just says "loading" and then turns off after just a few seconds. It is plugged into a power source.

Any suggestions?
Mamacita Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 10:32:05 AM(UTC)
Mamacita

Called PC Customer support this morning and talked to Michelle. She helped me get my Gypsy updated and running again, but, my projects are no longer there :(. At least I didn't have a lot of them and should be able to recreate without too much problem. My cartridges seem to still be linked.
PammyO Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2012 10:38:00 AM(UTC)
PammyO

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
OK... Was able to talk to Support today... I did the soft reset... but it went back to being frozen on restart... Contacted support today and here is what they had me do...
1. soft reset to off.
2. Plug gypsy into the computer.
3. open Cricut Sync.
4. It will say that the power is not on or the gypsy is not connected.
5. on the top left corner there is a Help button... Press it
6. Troubleshoot your gypsy. One yes and 3 no's.
7. Would you like to reset and reboot your gypsy, Yes!
8. While holding the bottom left button on the gypsy and the round selection button, Power on your gypsy...
9. The screen will be blue, and then you will get a reboot secreen on your computer. This will take about 40 minutes to one hour. During this time you will have to restart your gypsy at least 2 times.
The awesome news is... You dont have to restore your cartridges... I have 75 of them, and they all reloaded back on my gypsy...

**You will lose your saved projects though! I dont care... my GYPSY works! LOLOLOL!

When I tried to add my Close to My Heart Cartridge I was very nervous! It told me I had to update my gypsy. This is how the problem started! Clicked on Gypsy Sync again and did the update, Unclicked Cricut Imagine since I dont have one, and voila!!!!!! SUCCESS!
Thank you so much to support!
 4 users thanked PammyO for this useful post.
new2scrappin on 9/17/2012(UTC), 6knights on 10/13/2012(UTC), Tammi Sue on 12/13/2012(UTC), a1098erikac8c0af4a on 9/27/2013(UTC)
6knights Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2012 3:40:22 PM(UTC)
6knights

Originally Posted by: PamelaOstapkowicz Go to Quoted Post
OK... Was able to talk to Support today... I did the soft reset... but it went back to being frozen on restart... Contacted support today and here is what they had me do...
1. soft reset to off.
3. open Cricut Sync.
8. While holding the bottom left button on the gypsy and the round selection button, Power on your gypsy...
9. The screen will be blue, and then you will get a reboot secreen on your computer. This will take about 40 minutes to one hour. During this time you will have to restart your gypsy at least 2 times.
The awesome news is... You dont have to restore your cartridges... I have 75 of them, and they all reloaded back on my gypsy...

**You will lose your saved projects though! I dont care... my GYPSY works! LOLOLOL!

When I tried to add my Close to My Heart Cartridge I was very nervous! It told me I had to update my gypsy. This is how the problem started! Clicked on Gypsy Sync again and did the update, Unclicked Cricut Imagine since I dont have one, and voila!!!!!! SUCCESS!
Thank you so much to support!

I would like to make note that my troubles began when I had selected the "Imagine" update options. I didn't have an Imagine, I just thought it would be nice to see the content. I can't help but wonder if trying to sync Imagine content is what triggered all my troubles.

Pamela, thank you so much for taking the time to post these instructions. I was never able to contact Provocraft during business hours because of work and children. Your post was a Godsend. I hadn't been able to use my Gypsy for a few months because I couldn't get it to sync with new content. Everything works great now and I didn't loose any of my cartridges.

For newbie Gypsy users who would like to follow Pamela's instructions, I would like to make note that I didn't know what a "soft reset" was. It is sticking a small pin or needle into the reset hole in the back of the Gypsy.
 1 user thanked 6knights for this useful post.
AnnetteSimpson on 7/9/2014(UTC)
diannae1083256ef9 Offline
#22 Posted : Sunday, October 14, 2012 4:11:49 PM(UTC)
diannae1083256ef9

This information is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so
much. I really appreciate it.
DiannaBigGrin
llobrien7c0141eb Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:49:54 PM(UTC)
llobrien7c0141eb

Glare I tried this with mine, still, NOTHING. It won't even power down without poking the reset button in the back. What the HECK..........?
Tammi Sue Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:09:14 PM(UTC)
Tammi Sue

I had not been able to get my Cricut Mini to cut with my Gypsy. It would recognize it but when I went to cut, the Gypsy would return to the Home Screen. Other times it would tell me that my Cricut Mini may need to be updated. When I tried that I got the message that Cricut Mini is up to date. I tried to update my Gypsy, but it kept telling me to "save my project then try again." I was so frustrated!Crying
I searched and searched and finally, right here on our message boards was the answer!LOL

Originally Posted by: Pamela Ostapkowicz

1. soft reset to off.
3. open Cricut Sync.

It totally works! I just made a cut with my Gypsy and my Cricut Mini!
Thank You So Much Pamela!!!BigGrin
e.shahbanb97809c8 Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 11:49:49 PM(UTC)
e.shahbanb97809c8

I was so excited when I bought my Cricut Expression on Black Friday a couple years ago... little did I know the nightmare that would happen this Black Friday 2012. Back then my husband bought me the Gypsy to go along with it and we started building my collection of cartridges. Once in a while my Gypsy would let me know it needed updating when I tried to link a cartridge, so I did so with Gypsy Sync, and no problem, I was cutting again and enjoying my new images and designs.

This year on Black Friday I purchased four new cartridges and was excited to try them out. I was disappointed and angry when I tried to link them but Gypsy needed to update, and for the first time Gypsy Sync didn't work (11/26/12). This was very frustrating. And Customer Service wasn't open till Monday. I left work early and spent time on the phone with customer service. After several tries and several hours the Gypsy was working again and ready to link my new cartridges... but the update process wiped out all of my photos and designs already stored on the Gypsy... all those ideas, all that work, all that time... back to the drawing board.

So I made some designs and connected to my cricut and guess what? The Cricut needed updating (first time this message has ever appeared on my Gypsy). I tried updating with the new Cricut Sync, I tried the Cricut Craft Room, and finally had to call customer service again. I was told "can't help you unless you're with your cricut" when I called from work on my lunch break. So I waited till the following Saturday. On Saturday I was told I'd receive an e-mail with instructions for updating. (Why my lunch time rep didn't send me an e-mail, is beyond me, but I later found out that was a typical problem with the service reps skills and knowledge)

I tried the e-mail, downloaded the Cricut Design Software in trial mode... however, similar to the early days of Cricut Craftroom, the entire page wouldn't show on my screen... Ok, let's load it to my husband's computer...LONG Process... but this time I could see the bottom of the page and click on "continue in trial mode" to access update firmware. When I got the firmware updated on my computer and tried to connect to the cricut, the drivers weren't available, the computer couldn't detect the cricut. I called back and was told the problem was my anti-virus software and transferred to someone else who supposedly could help me with this technical computer stuff. But instead this next rep told me that it was the power cord, even though I assured her, the cord was lit up. I asked how many more steps will I need to complete till the company replaces my machine since I've had so much difficulty... she said this is the last step, try the cord, if that doesn't work they'll replace the machine. This made no sense to me, and seemed like more cricut/provocraft run-around.

When the cord arrived yesterday and didn't resolve my problem (not surprised, but still disappointed) I called the company for them to replace my machine and I was told that since the machine was out of warranty, there was nothing they could do for me. I explained what Danni had said about the power cord being the last step. The rep put me on hold (again) to check with Danni, but she'd left. He'd call me back tomorrow when I got home from work after checking with Danni. When he called me tonight, I was told that Danni thought my machine was only a couple weeks old, but since the machine was out of warranty, there was nothing they could do for me but I was welcome to avail myself of their wonderful holiday sale deals... I tried to explain that this was not an issue of warranty, this was an issue of their products not being compatible with their own products previously purchased, and their technology crashing my machines. Didn't matter,I got the broken record treatment: Can't help you, buy another one... unbelievable. Disappointing. Ludicrous. Shame on Cricut. Shame on Provocraft. Why would I buy a new machine from this company? I've spent enough money already. No more money for cricut.
CricutMallie Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:45:42 AM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1162 time(s) in 216 post(s)
We're looking into your claim and would be happy to help you better understand the processes here at Cricut.
Thank you for your patience.

Mallie @ Cricut
fishsteak4695f436 Offline
#27 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 12:50:36 PM(UTC)
fishsteak4695f436

I use to never have a problem updating my gypsy. Now I have been only able to update it one time. I can't even use the craft room at all. I really like my gypsy but this is very frustrating. I keep getting the message to that it failed to connect to the bridge. I have had support help me and they couldn't even help me. I have tried some of the things I read on here but nothing helps. I have even unhooked fire wall and that worked once about 4 months ago but it hasn't worked since then. Please someone help me.Glare
StarRowland Offline
#28 Posted : Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:21:48 PM(UTC)
StarRowland

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was having similar issues, had a heck of a time updating my Gypsy yesterday (all because I wanted to play with Create a Critter 2!!). After nearly 24 hours, it finally updated but I, too, received a prompt that my Gypsy could not be authenticated, so it was recommended that I reload my cartridges again. I said yes and it was done all automatically (eventually), but I lost most of the free (complimentary) cuts/cartridges that were provided with last updates. Will I ever be able to get these back?

Any suggestions?

I sent an email to Cricut Support, just wonder how long it will take to get a response and/orA a positive resolution.

Star

bethfondren19e89018 Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 3:35:08 PM(UTC)
bethfondren19e89018

Originally Posted by: jsmaddog7449ca55 Go to Quoted Post
Many thanks scrapalette for the advice. It took me 3 days to get through from Australia but thanks to support representative Pam and 2 hours of her time, the problem has been fixed.

i was curious what did they do to get your GYPSY to upload,sync etc? Mine is new and i have been trying for over 24 hours to get mine to sync and after everything loads and your load bar says 100% it just keeps moving like its still doing its job. it doesnt tell you what to do next. your only option is to choose close or x out the screen. i called CService and she too thought it had to do with antivirus/spyware program. she wanted to know the name of the antivirus on my comp and i could not find the info on the phone at that moment so i was supposed to call back when i discovered which antivirus i use. Its microsoft windows defender. anyone else have that one and are able to upload /sync properly? when i have a minute i will call again.
notenoughtime 613 Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, January 26, 2013 1:21:51 PM(UTC)
notenoughtime 613

I am trying to add the Mini books cartridge and keep getting the same "not connecting to bridge" comment. I tried calling customer support and found they are not in on Sat. I had trouble the last time I bought a cartridge and had to completly reprogram my gypsy which took hours and I lost all my files. Now it is happening again. Provo craft does not seem to be able to add new cartridges without there being problems. I will call support on Monday and once I get this straightened out I doubt if I will be adding any more cartriges...it just isn't worth the aggravation.