Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cjsugarcube2c6ce804 Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:44:29 PM(UTC)
cjsugarcube2c6ce804

Groups: Registered

I purchased a Cricut Expressions 2. It works really well when I program it with the keypad that is a part of the Cricut machine itself but this does not give me the flexibility I get from the craftroom and I HATE the online the Craftroom Software for Mac when I try and use it to cut a project!!!. Half the time it refuses to sign in the other half the time you have to sign in and out for every cut, that is if the cuts even cut properly which they often do not.

There should be a software disk included in the purchase package that can be used without having to be connected to the internet! It is stupid to not be able to be offline and use the craftroom software. I seems to me they only did it that way so people would purchase online cartridges, and I am very happy that I have not purchased any online cartridges because I would not be able to use them anyway as the software is so flakey and so would be wasting money. It is bad enough I started a large project using cricut basic font that is not available unless I am online and half the letters do not cut properly and the only way I can finish the project is to purchase a cartridge and have it mailed to me because it is not available in stores.

I noticed that people have been having issues with this online software for months and months and no one has fixed the issues. That is very annoying.

Mad
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 13, 2013 6:52:21 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18935 time(s) in 8450 post(s)
I suppose if we purchased CCR, they would include a disc. Huh

Have you talked to CS at PC? They are very willing to help troubleshoot.
jacobson.linda789f4276 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:06:34 PM(UTC)
jacobson.linda789f4276

I also have a Mac. My Cricut is the Expression original (a couple years old now). When CCR was first introduced (last winter I think???) I signed up, but then just didn't really "get it" ... I added all of my cartridges but didn't really get any further.

I hope someone stops by THIS thread and offers some advice. Do other Mac users have the same issues? I have a Windows-based desktop, but don't really want to resort to using it (right now it's in a closet collecting dust...and I prefer to leave it there if I can!).

Is there anyone in the Cricut Community that has good luck with CCR and a Mac???
kay_jaques48d1a559 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:34:26 AM(UTC)
kay_jaques48d1a559

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Hi

I had a Cricut mini for Christmas and use the Cricut craft room software on the MAC and haven't had any real problem. Only thing was when it offered to update I pressed Yes and nothing happened, it said if you stopped the process it could cause issues, however in the end I had to switched it off and when I returned to the cricut craft room it was still working but hadn't updated.

Hope things improve for you
Kay
rachel13c61ef9 Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2013 9:14:40 PM(UTC)
rachel13c61ef9

I'm SOO disgusted with my E2 right now! YES - I am a Mac user, downloaded the mac version of CCR and I have to restart the program after EVERY cut!! This is SOO time consuming!
I am used to using Sure Cuts A Lot software with my original expression machine. But, unfortunately, that machine went out.
I bought a new E2 when they went on sale this thanksgiving at Michaels. I couldn't wait to get back to the SCAL software and continue creating! I was shocked when I realized that my new E2 would not work with SCAL! After some research, I read about a lawsuit.
Then, I downloaded the CCR and linked all of my cartridges successfully and even bought one digital cart.
Now that I'm trying to make birthday party decorations for my little girls first birthday party, I am COMPLETELY frustrated my having to restart the program after every cut!
Also, the SCAL software surpasses the CCR at EVERY level!!!
If you are reading this provocraft, you need to look at what SCAL has to offer (design tools) and take notes! You also need to open up and let owners of the cricut use their OWN fonts and create their OWN files!
I am putting my cricut for sale on craigs list and buying a silhouette!!
That is so sad! I used to LOOVE designing with my original cricut and SCAL!