Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<345
Narelle Offline
#121 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:02:48 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7905 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: katykrunch5ca9873c Go to Quoted Post
I just managed to reinstall, update firmware, install drivers and even use it - but I had to uninstall my anti virus to get this far.

There must be another way? I do NOT like being without my antivirus! Blink

Cath

You should be adding cricutcraftroom.exe, ccrbridge.exe and cricutsync.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program. If you need help with that you can post here which a/v programs you're using. Or you can call PC customer support and they'll walk you through the procedure.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
katykrunch5ca9873c on 2/28/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#122 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:42:31 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nelitab9915f3b Go to Quoted Post
Well I spoke too soon. While I can get past the initialization screen and I can see my saved projects, when I try to open one then it just sits there with the timer and nothing happens.

I've had build 179 installed on my Windows XP machine for awhile. It worked fine up until Feb 19, 2013. The very next day the problem starting happening where it hangs at the initializing screen when I would try to access it. It eventually times out and gives a "Service Error" message. The computer meets the minimum requirements to run CraftRoom, no other updates or changes were made on the computer. Like I said it has been working fine and the next day stopped working. Prior to reinstalling build 151, I had uninstalled and reinstalled build 179 several times, rebooted several times, uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe Air several times, cleared out all cookies, etc. I know my internet service and anti-virus software is not the problem as neither have been changed.

I also have a Mac computer which gets the same "Service Error" message. Went through all of the same troubleshooting as on the Windows XP computer and still can not get it to work. The Mac also meets the minimum requirements.

I just can not understand how it goes from working one day to not working the next day. Very frustrated with all of the time I have wasted trying to fix this problem. The whole point of me buying the Expression2 was to be more efficient.

nelitab - You mention two computers you have downloaded CCR to on here. Have you downloaded CCR to any other computers or hand-held devices? I only ask because it does seem you have tried a lot of things, but sometimes we don't think of the obvious. We can only download CCR to two machines. (I'm sure you probably know this; can't hurt to ask). If you have downloaded to more than two, you'll need to contact ProvoCraft to have them help you with that situations. Click on SUPPORT on the top tabs to get their phone number. If you haven't called them for help with your problems, maybe they can help with that.

Char
katykrunch5ca9873c Offline
#123 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:05:56 PM(UTC)
katykrunch5ca9873c

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
'You should be adding cricutcraftroom.exe, ccrbridge.exe and cricutsync.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program. If you need help with that you can post here which a/v programs you're using. Or you can call PC customer support and they'll walk you through the procedure.

Thanks, Narelle - I'll be looking for that as soon as I can get to trying to cut. I did just reinstall and am hopeful that this problem will now be solved.

Not an option to call Customer Support, sadly - I'm in England! Thanks a lot for the suggestion, though BigGrin

Cath x
katykrunch5ca9873c Offline
#124 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 1:12:35 PM(UTC)
katykrunch5ca9873c

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Cath - I would go ahead and turn on the antivirus. Normally, when you turn off the antivirus, it allows you to install whatever the antivirus is not allowing you to install. Once it is installed, though, when you turn your antivirus back on, it should recognize that you have installed something new and I believe it will then allow you to use it?

Char

Thanks ever so much, Char - much appreciated and I've taken your advice, so will soon find out how good it is Laugh

I really appreciate you guys taking the time to reply to me.

Thank you all BigGrin

Cath x
PS Anyone else found a conflict with Firefox - I can't log in from their browser but Chrome lets me log in fine... weird Confused
 1 user thanked katykrunch5ca9873c for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 2/28/2013(UTC)
nelitab9915f3b Offline
#125 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:04:51 PM(UTC)
nelitab9915f3b

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
nelitab - You mention two computers you have downloaded CCR to on here. Have you downloaded CCR to any other computers or hand-held devices? I only ask because it does seem you have tried a lot of things, but sometimes we don't think of the obvious. We can only download CCR to two machines. (I'm sure you probably know this; can't hurt to ask). If you have downloaded to more than two, you'll need to contact ProvoCraft to have them help you with that situations. Click on SUPPORT on the top tabs to get their phone number. If you haven't called them for help with your problems, maybe they can help with that.

Char

First install was done on the Mac computer, but I never used it. I only opened Craftroom app to see what it looked like and at the time it worked fine. Its what convinced me to purchase the Cricut.

Second install was done on the Windows XP computer and that's the one I had been using until it mysteriously stopped working last week.

Last night out of desperation, I had my husband install it on his computer which is running Windows 7 and it works like a charm. Just tried it again today and it is still working.

I don't have it installed on any hand-held devices since the install files are only for PC or Mac.

So having it installed on more than 2 computers being a problem seems to be irrelevant. Unable to run Craftroom on more than one computer simultaneously seems to make more sense.

Although I have uninstalled, cleared out all cookies, etc, it seems as if not all files associated with Craftroom is being completely removed. There seems to be some file that is being left behind that is causing the Cricut server to be unable to communicate back.
Narelle Offline
#126 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:24:56 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: katykrunch5ca9873c Go to Quoted Post
'You should be adding cricutcraftroom.exe, ccrbridge.exe and cricutsync.exe as exceptions to your anti-virus program. If you need help with that you can post here which a/v programs you're using. Or you can call PC customer support and they'll walk you through the procedure.

Thanks, Narelle - I'll be looking for that as soon as I can get to trying to cut. I did just reinstall and am hopeful that this problem will now be solved.

Not an option to call Customer Support, sadly - I'm in England! Thanks a lot for the suggestion, though BigGrin

Cath x

Hi Cath

PC now have an international number you can call. I'm not sure whether it's toll-free though.... Smile

International customers:
UK: 0808 101 7032
Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com

Edited by user Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:26:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

nelitab9915f3b Offline
#127 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 5:31:50 PM(UTC)
nelitab9915f3b

Originally Posted by: nelitab9915f3b Go to Quoted Post
First install was done on the Mac computer, but I never used it. I only opened Craftroom app to see what it looked like and at the time it worked fine. Its what convinced me to purchase the Cricut.

Second install was done on the Windows XP computer and that's the one I had been using until it mysteriously stopped working last week.

Last night out of desperation, I had my husband install it on his computer which is running Windows 7 and it works like a charm. Just tried it again today and it is still working.

I don't have it installed on any hand-held devices since the install files are only for PC or Mac.

So having it installed on more than 2 computers being a problem seems to be irrelevant. Unable to run Craftroom on more than one computer simultaneously seems to make more sense.

Although I have uninstalled, cleared out all cookies, etc, it seems as if not all files associated with Craftroom is being completely removed. There seems to be some file that is being left behind that is causing the Cricut server to be unable to communicate back.

Another interesting tidbit I just found out, I also have the same problem if I try to use the online version.
carolle100200ae1e78f5 Offline
#128 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2013 7:44:52 PM(UTC)
carolle100200ae1e78f5

hi all..

i have the same problem lately.. the CCR always stuck in the initializing account.. i just tried uninstalling and reinstalling also for how many times.. i have read the forums if i can get any solutions.. but i have'nt.. just now i tried something and it worked for me.. try to open your cricut-craft room folder where you saved it. if is usually saved in the drive C. then go to drivers. open the folder for your cricut model (expression, or expression 2, gypsy, etc.). then click set up. follow instructions.. then open your cricut icon in the desktop and follow instructions.. hope it will work for you..
 1 user thanked carolle100200ae1e78f5 for this useful post.
Marg on 3/9/2013(UTC)
brunoshort Offline
#129 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 2:20:26 PM(UTC)
brunoshort

I've been running craft room for over a year on the same computer with no problems until yesterday. It's stuck on "Initializing" even after uninstalling and reinstalling it four times and rebooting and updating everything I can think of. Nothing is working for me. It's not the first time I've had problems in general with craft room, but at least I could open it before! Running on a Dell with Windows 7, no issues with other software and no change in the computer to cause this issue.
scrapincovers Offline
#130 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:38:23 PM(UTC)
scrapincovers

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 125 post(s)
I have been working in CCR for a long time now. Today, I crashed while in the program and now I get hung up when trying to open. I have tried to reboot, and log in to the Cricut website. Neither one helps. I did just get a message that my McAfee has updated. Could they have added something that caused me problems today? Any help appreciated! thanks so much!
Clare
Narelle Offline
#131 Posted : Tuesday, March 05, 2013 5:55:10 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Originally Posted by: scrapincovers Go to Quoted Post
I have been working in CCR for a long time now. Today, I crashed while in the program and now I get hung up when trying to open. I have tried to reboot, and log in to the Cricut website. Neither one helps. I did just get a message that my McAfee has updated. Could they have added something that caused me problems today? Any help appreciated! thanks so much!
Clare

It's certainly possible that the McAfee update caused your signing in problem.

Try this: I found it in this thread: http://www.cricut.com/forum/cri...-Update.aspx#post1623294

Double-click the M icon in your taskbar.
Select the Web and Email Protection drawer.
Click the Firewall Link.
Select the Program Permissions drawer.

NOTE: 2011 customers will open the Internet Connections for Programs drawer.

Scroll through the listing and find CCR
Set the access type to full using the provided options in the Access drop down menu.
Click Save.
Close SecurityCenter.
scrapincovers Offline
#132 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 5:25:27 PM(UTC)
scrapincovers

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Thanks for the quick response. I checked my settings and CCR has Full access. So, I will try the help desk tomorrow. Perhaps something happened when I crashed.
rac10308115bcc7ed Offline
#133 Posted : Wednesday, March 06, 2013 6:32:18 PM(UTC)
rac10308115bcc7ed

Please someone help me!! im stuck in the initializing craft room. I havent been able to make anything yet.Mad
johnnyhfbf8e6e2 Offline
#134 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 9:49:47 AM(UTC)
johnnyhfbf8e6e2

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Try right clicking on the Cricut Craft Room program icon. Go to properties, click on the compatibility tab, check the box labelled Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for: choose Windows 7. Also check the box labelled, Run as an Administrator. This worked on my Windows 8 computer. Other combinations of these options may work for other versions of Windows as well.
 2 users thanked johnnyhfbf8e6e2 for this useful post.
kateprotherodavies4eefe066 on 3/18/2013(UTC), eschlegel21fdb8228 on 3/17/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#135 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2013 2:36:22 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrapincovers Go to Quoted Post
Clare

scrapincovers.....I hope you have been able to get things working.

If not, I would do this (the reason is maybe you were trying to do things when McAfee was running in the background and I find that sometimes things don't work so good when other things are running in the background....on my older computer, anyway):

Unplug the USB plug from your CRICUT to the computer. Unplug it from the wall, too.

Before you shutdown your computer again, go up to TOOLS (while you're in the internet) and DELETE BROWSING HISTORY. Now, shutdown your computer all the way and unplug it from the wall after it shuts down.

Wait twenty or thirty seconds and plug it back in. Go ahead and plug in your CRICUT and insert the USB cord back in the hard drive on your computer. TURN ON YOUR CRICUT MACHINE. Now, reboot your computer.

See if this helps anything at all. If anyone who does try this wonders why you do the reboot.....when you turn off your computer (and I believe in unplugging it, too), it kind of refreshes things and gets rid of some things that you no longer need when you boot back up. Maybe you deleted a bunch of stuff and it kind of stays around if we don't shutdown...and, if you don't shutdown very often, there just might be a lot of other stuff in there that you don't need when you sign back in. I.e., let's say you uninstalled and reinstalled CCR. This will get rid of stuff you no longer need on your computer that might be interfering with the new stuff you reinstalled. Does that make sense?

Come back and let us know whether or not you're up and running. If it doesn't help, I would certainly call PC on Monday if you can do that and/or maybe you already did that. Otherwise, we'll try to help further in this forum....someone can surely help you.

Char

Edited by user Saturday, March 09, 2013 2:41:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kateprotherodavies4eefe066 Offline
#136 Posted : Monday, March 18, 2013 1:04:01 PM(UTC)
kateprotherodavies4eefe066

Originally Posted by: johnnyhfbf8e6e2 Go to Quoted Post
Try right clicking on the Cricut Craft Room program icon. Go to properties, click on the compatibility tab, check the box labelled Run this Program in Compatibility Mode for: choose Windows 7. Also check the box labelled, Run as an Administrator. This worked on my Windows 8 computer. Other combinations of these options may work for other versions of Windows as well.

BigGrin I had the initializing loop thing - tried to install a driver and was told that there was no driver for windows 8 (come ON provocraft - get with the programme). However, thanks to the wonderful johnnyhfb and this helpful post - problem solved and I am in. YAY to the Johnnyhfb!
rdecookdc757360 Offline
#137 Posted : Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:14:24 PM(UTC)
rdecookdc757360

Since my Gypsy crashed and I have no way to have it fixed or replaced, I decided to "jump in" and download the Cricut Craft Room. I told my antivirus software to 'allow' the installation. I'm assuming all was going well until the "initializing" screen came up and all it does is "initialize". I cleared my cookies, re-started my computer...and still nothing. I am running Windows 7 on a laptop.

Adobe AIR current version mentioned below was installed.

I was happy to get my Expression machine (December 2008) and the 'numerous' cartridges. Now I'm thinking I made a BIG MISTAKE. I've read other reports about the "issues" Provocraft is having. I'm hoping that some of the 'competitor' machines will come down in price so I can purchase one of them. Not sure what I'd do with my Expression and all the cartridges. Even with the 'juke boxes' it is still cumbersome to take my machine and cartridges, say to my sister's, when I decide to design off site.

What to do...what to do.....

P.S. I REFUSE to disengage my anti-virus software. And, I'm not 'tech savy' that I can do all the things I just read in a most recent post. It should be easy.

Something just 'hit me' and it is NOT in the 'download instructions" ... should I have my Cricut plugged in in order for the 'initializing' to complete?

NOTE: having my Expression plugged in while CCR is initializing doesn't seem to work.

FOLLOW-UP: I decided to close out my Windows 7 laptop and try loading CCR to my desktop PC running XP. I haven't tried cutting anything, yet. So, the problem might be with Windows 7 OS.

FOLLOW-UP: Okay, pulled up one of the cartridges I "own" in the drop-down list. Selected a design. When I hit the "cut" key, I get a message that the "...cartridge is missing." The cartridge IS in my machine and my machine IS turned on and connected to my computer.

CRICUT CRAFTROOM STINKS!!!!! Removed the programs associated with it. I will just stick to my Design software.

Edited by user Tuesday, March 26, 2013 1:20:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

wkv20695b4f19cd Offline
#138 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:23:17 PM(UTC)
wkv20695b4f19cd

Originally Posted by: alex.aldreteb2bb90d5 Go to Quoted Post
Same problem here. I guess I should feel better since I've also tried just about everything short of throwing the computer out the window.

Same here!
Sherri Kay Offline
#139 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 9:40:19 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2413 time(s) in 2165 post(s)
Sometimes if you get the "cartridge missing" message when the cartridge is already in the slot, take it out and put it back in. That happens to me a lot.
scrapalette Offline
#140 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2013 4:59:36 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19135 time(s) in 8557 post(s)
That's one of the reasons I leave George and Basic Shapes cart in my Cricut. Then, I switch it out when prompted by CCR {although, at this point, almost all but a handful of my carts are linked to CCR}.
nashiraaliceae75490f2 Offline
#141 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:12:39 PM(UTC)
nashiraaliceae75490f2

I am unable to get into the craft room? I have uninstalled everything about four times now.....I was getting stuck at the welcome video and now I don't even get that far. Confused
I really want to get this working. I am going to uninstall everything one more time and give a go in the morning. It is already 12 am here! I will post again if uninstalling and reinstalling a 5th time doesn't work! *Nachie*
tony.w.bender650aae88 Offline
#142 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:37:43 PM(UTC)
tony.w.bender650aae88

Angry Yes.
I have the new Cricut Expression II and a shelf full of cartridges. I am now hating it. I wish that I had never bought this machine!!
The Craft Room software will not load no matter what.
Provo Craft will not help!
I have wasted sooooo much time trying to figure this thing out.
I feel like a real sucker.
I give up, but what do I do with all of this expensive equipment and cartridges??!!
What a complete waste.
susan.sweeney02910024 Offline
#143 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:58:24 PM(UTC)
susan.sweeney02910024

So it looks like this happens a lot...I have worked over the whole day trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer...reinstalling, rebooting, etc...and it just continues to cycle at ACCESSING YOUR ACCOUNT. One I searched online for a problem, I found this form and multiple references to the same issue.

**Found my issue...I tried on a different computer...one with different security...works fine...does not work over VPN tunnel. So, Cricut Craft Room is definitely up and running just fine.*** Not a problem at Cricut....

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:19:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CricutGena Offline
#144 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:31:56 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Hello all, the issues described above care usually related to a computer setting. The minimum requirements are not met or the anti-virus program is blocking some feature. We can certainly assist you through customer service! Please call 877-7cricut, we can assist you over the phone!

-Cricut Gena
c.wiensb4e10fce Offline
#145 Posted : Saturday, October 26, 2013 7:10:47 PM(UTC)
c.wiensb4e10fce

I have spent the last week trying to update the Firmware on my Cricut Expression from 2.34 to 2.43. Sometimes I could get through the first restart but it would always get stuck on the second step. Often the machine would power off and I was unable to power it back on without doing a Firmware update in Design Studio.
When I tried to cut without doing the Firmware update, I couldn't load the paper so I couldn't use CCR at all.
When I tried to cut with a cartridge, the Expression would not recognize that the cartridge was inserted. I also could not link cartridges. No matter how many times I restarted the computer, unplugged and plugged in the Cricut again, it would not recognize that the cartridge was inserted.
A week ago, I did the update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. After trying all the suggestions in this post, I switched to a computer running Windows XP and everything worked great. It appears there is an issue with Windows 8.1 and CCR as it still will not allow me to cut even after completing the Firmware update on my Expression.
kburt2007c713807c Offline
#146 Posted : Saturday, February 22, 2014 9:54:02 PM(UTC)
kburt2007c713807c

I was having the same problem and i hit the windows 8.1 update for pc and mine finally opned
marymwwiseman8c234682 Offline
#147 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 10:58:19 AM(UTC)
marymwwiseman8c234682

Angry I am so tired of spending most of my time trying to get this application to work. Every time I go to use it, it requires all sorts of work. I decided to give up on the Cricut Craft Room and use my Gypsy. Same thing! Unable to update so I am not able to load my new cartridge. I have heard a lot of people complain about Cricut and switch to another cutting machine. I'm wondering if that is my best bet.

My CCR has been initializing for over an hour. This is after following EVERY suggestion listed above. Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
marymwwiseman8c234682 Offline
#148 Posted : Sunday, March 09, 2014 10:59:34 AM(UTC)
marymwwiseman8c234682

Just switched to accessing your account. Let's see how long this lasts.
dawnmorris5f522696 Offline
#149 Posted : Thursday, March 13, 2014 10:18:56 AM(UTC)
dawnmorris5f522696

Angry Mad Angry ok ... so I loaded CCR and it worked great (like a big tease) and now it doesn't load. It just rolls and rolls at the Initializing C.
I removed it the program and reloaded so many time, I don't have enough fingers. I removed Adobe Air with each reload. I tried in a sep folder. I tried shutting off my Virus Protection. I'm at a loss of why it would work one day and not the next.
I've read through the threads and tried just about everything everyone else has tried.
Any other suggestions????
I'm running Windows 7 with Nortons.

Dawn