Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

jandehalld5fd7905 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:07:37 AM(UTC)
jandehalld5fd7905

Groups: Registered

Is there a easy way to decide and choose what size to cut your items at? Like for instance: I'm using "just because cards" - how do I know what size to cut the card bases and envelopes at? I seem to be wasting a lot of paper because something is too big or too small. Thanks
Olivia'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 7:15:02 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 933 time(s) in 461 post(s)
assuming you are using your machine as a stand alone and not using ccr or gypsy design tools,you choose the size of your base image (card). The envelope will automatically fit to size chosen for your base. If using just your machine, the size is determined by the height. So for the top fold cards, the actual finished height would be half of that because of the fold. For the side fold cards, the finished height would be exactly what you select. The other layers will automatically fit as well, however based on the finished design you are wanting, the layers may need to be tweeked to fit. You can make your card any size you want but there are standard sizes in the market. I think one of the most common sizes are 5X7 or 4x6 (folded size)

You can see better the finished sizes before you cut and have so much more flexibility with your designs if you use ccr or gypsy. CCR is a free download software that you can get by clicking on the craft room tab above. You just have to be connected to the internet to use it.

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 7:16:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Oleeka Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 9:23:21 PM(UTC)
Oleeka

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I agree with Olivia'sNana about using CCR to give you an idea of how big things will cut on your mat. However, I was as confused as you are about what to measure until I purchased a DVD that was on sale at Christmas. I needed to see it to figure out how to do it. (I haven't tried it yet, but plan on doing so this weekend.) I don't have the name of the DVD in front of me and I don't want to look like I'm selling it. Try typing in a shortened version of your question on YouTube to see if someone has posted a video on how to do it.