Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#61 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 10:47:23 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Ooops... before I forget!

Turtlebug will be hosting for us this Wednesday!

Thank you
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#62 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:45:06 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

britishgirl: oooh I love your Ad color Valentine card. It's very clean and crisp. Your sketch 2 is so cute! That image is adorable. Well done!

TurtleBug: cute princess card, I love that image... great use of the embossed and printed papers for the background. Love your Valentine card with the heart doily. Oooh your second Valentine with the bee is so cute!

*NanaDonna*: very precious picture... thanks for sharing that. Great Valentine card... great use of the zebra print on this too. Beautiful birthday card... love the border punch. Very pretty CTMH card... love the soft colors and prints

AcrossThePond:
cute cute reindeer card! That image is adorable! I haven't played with that one yet but I'm sure to make a Christmas card of it soon. Awesome Power Ranger card... very neatly done

Joyful Carol: your scenery box card is amazing! You did such a wonderful job on that. May we have a tutorial link please? Cute penguin birthday card... love the colors

DeeScraps: great Valentine card and well done on coloring and the Ad colors

Gisele: beautiful Christmas card... love the tags. Great simple thank you cards as well... love the contrasting colors

2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
Gisele on 1/14/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/15/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#63 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:47:07 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

BingoLady wrote:
Ladies I just got home from Bingo, and I didn't winAngry Angry Angry

I'm sorry you didn't win in Bingo but WOW you certainly won a keeper of a hubby. Awesome job with those craft cabinets
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#64 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 11:49:23 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e521 wrote:
I see a lot of great cards so far, however, I have the flu or something close to it. So, I will not post unless I start to feeling better. Still waiting on my Cuddlebug to ship too. So I'm sitting out this week, but will come back to take a peek. Unless, I just get bored and need something to do, I will not post this week! Have a great time this week everyone! :)

Feel better soon and I hope you get your Cuddlebug soon!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#65 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 12:11:49 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug wrote:
Raquel
#1 - Very pretty Ad Color and Extra Credit card. Never would have thought of using this color combo for this holiday, but this one really works. Loving this MS punch and the way this card opens.

First of all... we give Martha Stewart enough credit... HAH HAH! So, I just wanted to make it clear that the ornament punch is from ek success BigGrin
Nancy J. Offline
#66 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:17:08 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Here is one more card for sketch 3 this week...

cartridges: Craft Room Basic, Art Philosophy, Animal Kingdom, Creat A Critter 2 and Spring Cottage.
Nancy J. attached the following image(s):
IMG_0681.gif
BingoLady Offline
#67 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 1:33:00 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Carol, another nice card,the penquin is so cute with the lolipop.

Donna ,very nice , like the paper and the decor with the sentimant.

Carrottop, so, so, nice like the colors and the decor and the little image is cute.
TurtleBug Offline
#68 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 2:50:53 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 623 post(s)
BingoLady
WOW!! Your new spinner looks great!! Tell Big Al (heavy on the "Big"!LOL LOL ) that I will be over with the blueprint to mine in a few minutes, ok? I love the section with the trays for your paper and the holders for your punches. No wonder it took him FORVEVER to make it, it is very well thoughtout. Lucky you!!

carrottop
Your DH came up with a very good idea for your card holder. Did he set some nails in Plaster of Paris or cement? It looks like it will work fine for you. Does your DH get all wrapped up in this card making hobby of ours? Our DHs (NanaDonna, BingoLady and mine) know all the jargon, about the MB, going to Michael's and buying with coupons, Hosting, and all our supplies and tools we use in this crazy hobby we all love. All three of our DHs have made us shelving, cabinets, ribbon holders and whatever else we have needed to make more room to store all the stuff we have! I'm surprised that the three of them are still with us!LOL LOL LOL

JoyfulCarol
#2 - Love the rainbow color striped paper, the girl penguin is so cute with her sparkly lollipop, the toothpick for the stick works! You always seem to come up with the most clever ideas to subsitute for what you need when making your cards. This is such a happy card!

NanaDonna
Last Weeks' Card - Love the soft colors on here. All the CTMH papers are so pretty, the stamp matches the top paper perfectly.

carrottop
Love this two-tone card with the Twine, so clean and crisp. The Birdie is a cutie! Like the sentiment, which cart is it from?

Edited by user Monday, January 14, 2013 2:57:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#69 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 3:19:30 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

carrottop50: I love how you decorated the card holder your hubby made for you. That was really neat. Cute cute Valentine card... that bird cut is adorable

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#70 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 3:26:10 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Another sketch 2 and another card for Digi Desserts Fridaze because they had a new freebie digi image I wanted to use

Very simple simple card but I wanted to make the paper and image do most of the work here

Cartridge used: Don Juan
Gisele Offline
#71 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 6:11:04 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
BingoLady – wow! What a wonderful storage unit! What will you hang on the silver wire?

Carrottop – great frog! It will be very useful! A cute Valentine’s card – great patterned paper!

Joyful Carol – cute penguin card! Nice patterned paper with the contrasting blue and red!

Donna – great Christmas card with your new CTMH papers using last week’s sketch!

Sue – Hope you enjoyed the “snow day” and found some time to get to your craftroom!

Raquel – Glad to hear that your DH completed the marathon – what an accomplishment!! Great Christmas card – that image does stand out nicely!
 2 users thanked Gisele for this useful post.
AcrossThePond on 1/15/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/15/2013(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#72 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:05:33 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
The good news of being sick as I found out today, I do not have strep thoat! Which I at first thought I had. Now, I'm just waiting on meds to come through as the doc got them mixed up. Gave me something that was not on my insurance plan so I've been fighting with the doctors to get them. So that is the only thing I'm dealing with now, hoping to feel better soon. Just hacking an awful lot is the most I'm doing right now. So it could have been much worse but thankful it wasn't.

I received my sentiments embossing folders today and I can hardly wait to use them. These were from my reward points. Check with hobby lobby and my cuddlebug machine has finally shipped. Should receive it toward the end of the week! I have missed this week, but hoping to be back on board by next go around. :)
BingoLady Offline
#73 Posted : Monday, January 14, 2013 8:12:05 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Raquel, very nice Xmas card. the little mittens on the middle decor are so cute.

gisele, thankyou, the silver is just for a decor on the door.

He is the kind of man that has to be doing something, he made Donna shelves to
put all her ribbons on. It hangs on the door of her closest. It came out really nice.
 2 users thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/15/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/15/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#74 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:40:46 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Thank you for the sweet comments on my diorama card. I am not sure if I found out the dimensions on how to make this card on youtube or at splitcoaststampers. It is not complicated just time consuming. That is why I only make them for special people and special occasions. Wink

Bingolady- Great sketches. I hope to get to #1 today. I loved your samples. You are so good at remembering to emboss. It adds a great deal to your cards. Love your new storage! I think I could use something exactly like that.

Carrottop50- Very nice Christmas card. The blue and white are a great combination. Love that layered snowflake. It is just beautiful. I think your “tweet” birdy valentine's card is so cute. It brought a smile to my face.

Shelbywoo- The purple butterfly card is very nice. Simple and yet elegant. The car card has great color combo and will work very nicely for a male card—I think. Love the shiny red paper on the owl Valentine's Day card. How great that you got the color challenge done without knowing it! Got to just love that.

Turtlebug-Love the colors on your Thinking of You card. The cut sentiment is very nice. Cute little princess card. The added heart border is a very nice touch.Your #3 Valentine's card is great with the doily and glitter heart brads.Your second Valentine's card is cute indeed. I love that bee. The embossing on the red hear adds some great interest along with that pretty heart border.

Raquel- Very nice sketch #2 card. I love the purple and green together. The flowers are just the perfect touch to this card. Very pretty sketch #1 Christmas card. I suppose the words are heat embossed. I am just learning to do that or I guess it could be glitter glue. The red ribbon is the perfect color of red and putting it on at a slant adds some great interest to the card. Sketch #2 warm wishes card is very cute. You just have to love the smile on those snowmen in the corner. I like the papers you chose for this card.

Britishgirl= Very nice Valentine's Day card in the add colors. The little jewel flowers are great! Your #2 is so cute. I do not know if it is a stamp or digi but either way it is just adorable.

Across the Pond- Love your #3 holiday card. The reindeer image is just adorable. That Power Rangers card turned out very nicely.Your hard work on this one certainly paid off.

NanaDonna- Sure enjoy seeing that cute little Emma! Your #2 Valentine's card is so cute. I love the wild animal print for the one side. I do love black, red, and white together. The really like the red doily. #1 card came out very nicely. Your choice of embossing worked great and the paper is very pretty. The words came out fantastic. It is easy to read that it spells happy birthday. I still have not ventured in to try CCR. Your card from last weeks sketches is great. The papers are just perfect together. I really like this card.

Deescraps- What a cute Valentine's card. It is very pretty in the color challenge. The red hearts in the corners is very nice indeed.

Gisele- nice Christmas cards. Good use of different papers. Very pretty, simple Thank you cards—which reminds me that I have a few I need to make.

Christine- so sorry to hear you are sick. No fun and I am sure you miss getting to work on crafty projects.. Hope you are feeling better quicker that you imagined.

3 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/15/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/15/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/16/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#75 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:00:18 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2628 time(s) in 1385 post(s)
Hi everyone, I have a couple free minutes so I am going to try and do my comments.

Carrottop
- Gorgeous snowflake card so so pretty Great card holder your hubby made for you, boy it sounds like we have a bunch of handy hubbys around hereBigGrin Tweet Valentine cardsBigGrin everything goes together so well

Shelby
- Great purple card, the embossing folder matches perfectly. Happy birthday card ,love the orange and green together Nice card with the ad colors cute little owl stamp

Turtlebug
#1 fabulous card, I love that zig-zag along the sides, nice touch to ad those photo corners. #2 - WOW love your princess, great coloring perfect combination of papers and embossing. Maybe if she kissed a frog she could kiss off some of that lipstickSleep Unsure Laugh Laugh Miss Emma just enjoyed running around but she did really like the groundhogs as they were running all around and playing so she thought that was funny. I love the way you did the Valentine card for your DGD, nice embellishments Valentine for DGS is perfect for a boy, that little bee is so darling and I love all the heart embossing.

Raquel
- Hope you are felling much better #2 very very pretty, I love that paper pack from CTMH the colors are so pretty. #1 Lovely Christmas card and a great way to use those ad colors, love that ornament border what cartridge is that from? #2 I love the mittens and how you put this all together with all the embellishments. the button is perfect.

Britishgirl - Very pretty #1 using the ad colors, nice touch with the bling along the sides. #2 adorable image and great coloring, love the paper colors you sued and the embossing

Sue - adorable adorable little reindeer, I love the oval on an angle great idea. Love the Power Ranger perfect for a 5 year old TFS

Carol
- Your 3D scene card is awesome, I love all the details and the depth of the card #2 cute cute, love that little penguin and the color combo in great.

Christine - so sorry to hear you are not feeling well hope to start to feel better soon and get the medication you need.

Dee
- What a cute image, love everything about this card, nice use of the colors

Gisele
- love your resolution, I too generally do not finish the inside of my cards Blushing and every once in a while get on a kick and I do. Wonderful Christmas card love the vintage look, fabulous bow Thanks for sharing the Thanks cards, great color combo
 3 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/15/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/15/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/16/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#76 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:42:41 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

*NanaDonna* wrote:

Raquel
- Hope you are felling much better #2 very very pretty, I love that paper pack from CTMH the colors are so pretty. #1 Lovely Christmas card and a great way to use those ad colors, love that ornament border what cartridge is that from? #2 I love the mittens and how you put this all together with all the embellishments. the button is perfect.

It's an ek success border punch
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#77 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:46:14 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Joyful Carol wrote:
Raquel- Very nice sketch #2 card. I love the purple and green together. The flowers are just the perfect touch to this card. Very pretty sketch #1 Christmas card. I suppose the words are heat embossed. I am just learning to do that or I guess it could be glitter glue. The red ribbon is the perfect color of red and putting it on at a slant adds some great interest to the card. Sketch #2 warm wishes card is very cute. You just have to love the smile on those snowmen in the corner. I like the papers you chose for this card.

Actually, after I cut it out with my Cricut, I ran the sentiment through my Xyron then sprinkled them with glitter powder. Glitter glue on large areas seem to warp papers badly so I try to just used them for dots and small stuff
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#78 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:57:46 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well... I called a whole bunch of moving companies today for estimates... four of them are coming this Friday. I have to start packing really really soon actually. I don't want to pack my craft room!

I have to make a card for my daughter for this Friday... she is receiving an award for winning first place on a contest in school for Martin Luther King's celebration. Her art work is going to be displayed in the city's Museum!

So, I am patiently awaiting Josie's new sketches before I start that card BigGrin
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#79 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:59:26 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

christineramey8b61e5218 wrote:
The good news of being sick as I found out today, I do not have strep thoat! Which I at first thought I had. Now, I'm just waiting on meds to come through as the doc got them mixed up. Gave me something that was not on my insurance plan so I've been fighting with the doctors to get them. So that is the only thing I'm dealing with now, hoping to feel better soon. Just hacking an awful lot is the most I'm doing right now. So it could have been much worse but thankful it wasn't.

I received my sentiments embossing folders today and I can hardly wait to use them. These were from my reward points. Check with hobby lobby and my cuddlebug machine has finally shipped. Should receive it toward the end of the week! I have missed this week, but hoping to be back on board by next go around. :)

Get better soon so you can start crafting again! Glad to hear you got your new embossing folders, I'm sure you can't wait to use them!
Nancy J. Offline
#80 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 3:35:15 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
[quote=TurtleBug;1639602][size=6][color=green]carrottop
Your DH came up with a very good idea for your card holder. Did he set some nails in Plaster of Paris or cement? It looks like it will work fine for you. Does your DH get all wrapped up in this card making hobby of ours? Our DHs (NanaDonna, BingoLady and mine) know all the jargon, about the MB, going to Michael's and buying with coupons, Hosting, and all our supplies and tools we use in this crazy hobby we all love. All three of our DHs have made us shelving, cabinets, ribbon holders and whatever else we have needed to make more room to store all the stuff we have! I'm surprised that the three of them are still with us!LOL LOL LOL

TurtleBug... for the FROG... DH cut out a round piece of wood out of a 2 x 4 and put a lot of 2 1/2 nails in it... It was very easy.... yes he loves making things for my hobby...mainly because he doesn't have a hobby of his own. He knows all about shopping for all the things I want and just have to have...LOL During Christmas time I think we were at some hobby store every day... He would tell the checkout clerks he would see them tomorrow... LOL I have tried for years to talk him into getting a hobby but he just never found any thing he really wants to do... so I tried to keep him busy helping me... I just don't come up with enough things for him to do... LOL We had a good laugh yesterday... he didn't have anything to do and was bored so I told him I had some pearl beads that I wanted him to sand flat on one side...to be able to use them on my cards well he looked at the beads and just shook his head and told me he would buy me some the flat sided beads the next time we went to the store.... lol Well I tried!!! Here is a pic of my paper cabinet that he built me... the shelves side out.

Nancy J. attached the following image(s):
new-paper-cabinet.gif
Gisele Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:07:52 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ♥ Raquel ♥ Go to Quoted Post
Well... I called a whole bunch of moving companies today for estimates... four of them are coming this Friday. I have to start packing really really soon actually. I don't want to pack my craft room!

I have to make a card for my daughter for this Friday... she is receiving an award for winning first place on a contest in school for Martin Luther King's celebration. Her art work is going to be displayed in the city's Museum!

So, I am patiently awaiting Josie's new sketches before I start that card BigGrin

Raquel - i have lost track, when are you moving? Hope it will be a smooth transition! Congrats to your daughter - do share her artwork with us!
TurtleBug Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:38:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

carrottop,
Too funny!!LOL LOL I suppose all our DHs go through this with us. NanaDonna knows the manager at our local Michael's on a first name basis!! We should all buy stock at all these hobby stores!!LOL LOL LOL
Very nice cabinet your DH made for you, I love the color of the wood. I keep my paper by catagories (solid color, prints, stacks, etc.) in the 12X12 plastic containers you find at Michael's and they are all bursting at the seams and I still continue to buy more paper...why....I have NO idea!

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:44:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#83 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:15:54 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2628 time(s) in 1385 post(s)
Josie aka Turtlebug is SOOOOOO right all of our hubbys really like (well we think they do) us make things easier in our craft room by building us cabinets and various other things we "need". Week after we they have to listen to the 3 of us talk about our hobby and the MB. Bingolady's hubby made me the GREATEST thing that hangs over the door to store my ribbon.

CARROTTOP - love that cabinet your hubby made for you to store your paper in, I have a similar one printed out that I want my hubby to make me for my solid papers, it will just have to have many many more shelves ha ha Turtlebug and Bingolady know how much paper I have. The shelf that I have all my paper in now is a wire rack (made for storing paper) but it is very very wobbly and I am so afraid that someday it will just collapse into a hugh mess. Huh
TurtleBug Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:35:50 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Raquel.
Your mittens card is so cute, it is very simple and clean, love the stamp.
Are you moving to another city/state?? Good luck with your move.

christine,
Happy you don't have the Flu after all! Have fun with your new folders and Cuttlebug, you will love it. But, don't get carried away embossing we already have the
Queen of Embossing...BingoLady!!Laugh Laugh

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:40:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/15/2013(UTC)
#85 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:27:46 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Feeling somewhat better. I just have to get rid of this nasty cough I have. I received my Cuddlebug machine in the mail today. YAY! So extremely excited to use this thing. Just have a quick question about it for those that have it.

Am I correct to say that the C mat is for the embossing folders that do not have the Cricut name on them, or is that wrong? That was the impression I got from reading the owners manual, but wasn't sure how to know how to tell the difference of when to use the b mat verses the c mat. Anyone? Thanks.

Hoping to jump in this weeks challenge. I might be slow at getting them done but going to try. :)
#86 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:30:14 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

christine,
Happy you don't have the Flu after all! Have fun with your new folders and Cuttlebug, you will love it. But, don't get carried away embossing we already have the
Queen of Embossing...BingoLady!!Laugh Laugh
[/quote]

Thanks Turtlebug I'm trying to learn how to use the machine now! Can't wait to show you those designs soon. :)