Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

mglennmeg40d43316 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:07:09 AM(UTC)
mglennmeg40d43316

Groups: Registered

I am considering buying an expression 2 with fun bundle from Joann fabrics. I have never had an expression or any cricut product. I am very nervous about spending the money after reading some of the reviews on the expression 2. I am a sewer and I would love to cut fabric for projects and make cards, the ones I have seen are beautiful. Does anyone have any suggestions that might help in my decision.
Maxluv Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:55:28 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 482 time(s) in 369 post(s)
If you are wanting to cut fabric, i'm guessing shapes? Since you go to JoAnn's, i havent been there in awhile but don't they still sell the Accu-quilt? That is for cutting fabric, i wouldnt get a Cricut just to cut fabric. I have a few Cricuts and still haven't cut fabric with it, keep saying I will try it but haven't.
mglennmeg40d43316 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:20:09 AM(UTC)
mglennmeg40d43316

Groups: Registered

Thank you for your response.
I have not purchased the expression yet. While I do want to cut out shapes on fabric I also want to have the option to cut paper to make cards. I guess I've read that so many people have had problems with the expression 2 and me not having any experience with these machines at all, makes me nervous about buying the product.

I'm hoping that I will get some replys about other peoples experiences with expression 2. Do you like your machine and have you had any major issues with it.
Maxluv Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:56:52 AM(UTC)
Maxluv

United States

Was thanked: 482 time(s) in 369 post(s)
I have the Expression, yes i love it, had no problems with it. I've had it for about 3 years now, i have another Expression and 2 of the smaller ones. Started out with the smaller machine and in 3 or 4 months i knew i needed the Expression because I could cut things bigger. The other 2 machines i got because i got good deals on them couldnt pass it up,lol. There is forum for the Expression 2, you should go there and read what others say.
swatts66 Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:59:02 AM(UTC)
swatts66

United States

Was thanked: 1053 time(s) in 577 post(s)
I love my E2. It was my first Cricut and I knew absolutely nothing about the product, how to use, etc. I watched a lot of videos from Youtube.com before making the purchase. Then I watched even more while I was waiting for it to come so by the time it arrived I was not too intimidated. I went through the instruction book and played around with it and made some sample cuts. I really, really enjoy it for cutting paper. I've made lots of banners and cards, etc.

On the other hand, I tried to cut fabric with it and followed everyone's instructions about the type of fusible material to use, using a new blade and a new mat, machine settings, etc. I still have not been very successful with fabric cutting and I think that I have tried everything. If your main reason for getting the E2 is for fabric, I don't know that I would suggest it.

Also, I saw so many posts about difficulties with CCR that I have never synced my E2 to it. It works perfectly and I don't want to mess anything up. Back in the spring I got both a Mini and a gypsy. I have connected the Mini to CCR and I love it. Just when I think I'll take the big step and try the E2, I see a whole bunch of posts with people who can't get it to connect so I'm still thinking about that. I can use the gypsy with my E2 so I am able to make some adjustments and changes to carts. My daughter is getting married the 26th in Key West and we've made lots of things for the wedding on the cricuts, mostly the mini. The use of CCR and a good computer program offers lots of personalization. We have made place cards, invitations for a luncheon, menus, welcome bag tags, banners, seating charts, etc. The finished products were very professional looking.

Good luck with you decision......