Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

carebear6 Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:09:12 PM(UTC)
carebear6

Groups: Registered

I have the original cricut, but would like to get an expression, I am not sure which, I think th eolder one is fine, but what can the 2 do , that the reguloar one can't? I know the 2 has a touch screen and does not use overlays.... not sure I like having to search image on touch screen as I hear they are small.
Why did some of you buy the expression 2 if you had the expression? Are you happy you did? What do you not like about the exp. 2?
Thanks fo ryour help. The diffence in cost is quite a bit in Canada
kimJ Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:42:41 PM(UTC)
kimJ

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 67 post(s)
I have both, the Expression and the E2. While I like both of them, I still find myself returning to the regular Expression when I need to cut something. I'm guessing because that is the one I learned on, it is just easier for me to understand. I haven't been able to get the same level of comfort with my E2.
Ann Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 5:58:39 PM(UTC)
Ann

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 170 post(s)
I had both the expression and E2,sold my expression,found the E2 to be very long winded,having to go to several different screens before actually cutting,also did'nt get on very well with the placing of cuts on the screen,in fact i might have only used it a dozen times before i was wishing i had'nt bought it and wanted my expression back! My ever suffering hubby bought me a pink expression and i sold the E2 to someone i work with,she loves it but had nothing to compare it with as it is her first Cricut machine.I would recommend the expression,so much easier to use than the E2,this is just my opinion ofcourse and there are loads of people that prefer the E2Smile
earlene202af9f3320 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 08, 2013 9:26:30 AM(UTC)
earlene202af9f3320

I just purchased 2 Cricut cartridges and found out I cannot get full use of them because a lot of the projects on this new cartridge cannot be made on the original Cricut, which is what I have, even though the cartridge says it can be used with all Cricut machines. My Cricut can only create projects up to 5.5" and these new cartridges contain projects that should be made at a larger size (9"). Why didn't Cricut put the sizes on the outside of the cartridge???? So, now I'm looking for an Expression so I can fully utilize my new cartridges. What a disappointment because the Expression is expensive. I've only used my Cricut machine a couple of times because I found it cumbersome (I really prefer my Cuttlebug, I love that little thing!) but there are just some things you simply cannot do with a Cuttlebug, so I purchased the Cricut machine. Anyone interested in buying an almost-new original Cricut machine?!?!??? I would be willing to send pictures to prove it's condition.