Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages123>»
TurtleBug Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:54:50 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 974 time(s) in 635 post(s)
RAQ's SKETCH CARD CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK OF JAN. 16th-22nd

Hello Everyone!
Here are the sketches for this week. Do one or all, it is all up to you. All we ask is that you post your creations on here and share with us. ONLY one rule....and, that is to have FUN!!BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

The Extra Credit:
If you choose to do it, is to use ONE or MORE buttons on EACH of the sketches. You will notice I already picked sketches that buttons can very easily be added to. So, lets all go and dig out our Button Stash and get busy! HAVE FUN!!

Edited by user Sunday, January 27, 2013 12:47:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/15/2013(UTC), DeeScraps on 1/16/2013(UTC), *NanaDonna* on 1/16/2013(UTC), Nancy J. on 1/16/2013(UTC), AcrossThePond on 1/16/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/17/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:01:40 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch #1 and Extra Credit:

Blue Buttons and Tag - Artiste Cartridge from CTMH
Papers - Recollections "Romantic" Stack gifted to me by NanaDonna
Blue Corners - Fiskar punch
Bird - Animal Kingdom Cartridge (I used the Flip button so the Bird would face to the right)
Sentiment - Rubber Stamp from Michael's $1 bin
Bow - Pre-made from Sass
I crimped the border between the blue and pink paper, can barely see itMad. Added Pearls to the button centers

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:19:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:06:14 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Was thanked: 804 time(s) in 567 post(s)
Woohoo first one to comment! Ok, I confess... I've been waiting for the new sketches so I've been lurking around on and off to see if it's been posted!
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:07:37 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Turtlebug: thanks for hosting and thanks for the great sketches... they all look fairly simple enough and I can definitely use "simple" right now. Also thanks for the extra credit of using buttons. I have so much of those! Great sample sketch 1... love the tag and the bird is adorable!
 1 user thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/15/2013(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:12:47 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

From last challenge:

carrottop50:
I love the paper shelf your hubby made for you with the drawers all sliding out and everything! Thanks for sharing that image

Gisele wrote:
Raquel - i have lost track, when are you moving? Hope it will be a smooth transition! Congrats to your daughter - do share her artwork with us!

TurtleBug wrote:
Raquel.
Your mittens card is so cute, it is very simple and clean, love the stamp.
Are you moving to another city/state?? Good luck with your move.

We were given the estimate that our house is going to be completed by mid-February. We are starting to pack... NOW. We are only moving about 15 minutes driving distance away from where we currently live but it's actually a different city. So, I'll have a new zip code and everything! HA!
 2 users thanked ♥ Raquel ♥ for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/15/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/17/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:17:51 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #2 and Extra Credit:

Butterfly - Artiste Cartridge from CTMH
Embossing - CB "Chickenwire" and Darice "Flower Swirl" folders
Papers - Recollections "Romantic" Stack
Banner - Artise Cartridge
Mom - Beyond Birthdays Cartridge
Sprayed the Butterfly with silver Glimmer Mist, added Pearls and Bling to Butterfly and to flower swirls. White buttons.
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:20:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:23:19 PM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

Well, I was going to log off but I will after this! Time for bed you know BigGrin

Turtlebug:
your butterfly card is so pretty and I so love the colors. I am also loving that Darice embossing folder! I love how you added all the bling to it. I must find that in the future
TurtleBug on 1/15/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:37:27 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #3 and Extra Credit Card:

Sentiment - Stamping Cartridge
Embossing - "Clockworks" CB folder
Striped Paper - Me & My Big Ideas "All Sports" Mambi Stack
Added green buttons. The white cardstock has embossing on each side from a CB folder collection my DGC gave me for Christmas. It comes with five very pretty border folders. The one I used here is a straight line with a Fluer de Leis design at the top and bottom. If you look REAL hard you might see it!!LOL I hope they show up better in future cards....maybe in color cardstock it will show better.
TFL!!BigGrin

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 10:44:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:10:11 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
Here's this week's colors and it's one of my favorite combinations. Remember that you don't have to use the colors, but we hope you do. Have fun.

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:30:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
Nancy J. on 1/16/2013(UTC), Gisele on 1/17/2013(UTC), ♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/17/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:28:06 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 606 post(s)
Turtlebug....thanks for hosting and for the great and simple sketches. Wonderful example cards and love your choice of color combos. Like the folders you use and I still need to find that chicken-wire one. I guess I should just order it online and be done with it. LOL. Did you tie that perfect little pink bow? If so, I have bow envy!!!!! The blue and gray is a great combo and I really like the background paper. The green and white card really pops.

Raquel....good luck with your packing.

I love all these wonderful things that your hubbies have been building. Great ideas.

Christine....hope you feel better soon.

Dee
 2 users thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ on 1/17/2013(UTC), TurtleBug on 1/18/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 8:02:00 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2645 time(s) in 1400 post(s)
Turtlebug - thanks for hosting and providing us with these great sketches and extra credit, I hope to get to work on them later today.

WOW what awesome samples you made

#1 so very pretty love the soft colors (glad you enjoy the paper) and what a great idea to flip the bird so he faces the right way. I wish that crimping would show up in the picture.

#2 ooooh! lovely, that folder works c=perfectly with the butterfly in the center, how did I miss that one ha ha

#3 love the green and white, great embossing again, I can see those Fluer de leis

Dee thanks what fabulous colors
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/18/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:30:09 AM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 71 post(s)
Turtlebug... thanks for hosting this week and for the great sketches you have chosen!!

Sketch 1: I really love the bow and like the corners trimmed, you did a great job laying the bird also.

Sketch 2: love this card... love the colors they go so well together.. and really like that chickenwire embossing folder. Guess I need to go looking for one of those.

Sketch 3: Great job... this design would make a great guy card. I do see the straight line with the Fluer de leis design.

Also on the topic of my new paper cabinet... that picture was when he first made it... now it is stuffed and I need another one...LOL like you not sure why I think I need so much paper. I should have a New Year's resolution that I just use up 1/2 of my paper before buying more!!! But I know I would break that resolution quickly... LOL

Dee... Thanks for the ad colors ... this is a great combo.

Oh one more thing that my DH has done for me for my hobby... I just brought another new Cricut Spatula as an extra. They don't seem to go under the items on my mat as well as I would like so my DH files down the tip of the edge... he just uses a Wet Stone (it is used to sharpen knifes). It doesn't take much... I don't want it to be sharp like a knife just a bit thinner on the tip of the spatula. Plus it isn't sharp enough to hurt my mat or to take the glue off my mat at least not any more then a new spatula would do.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:45:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:55:18 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
Ladies I wasn't able to get in messege board last night, they are working
on the cable. Hope I can finish this, to say thankyou for posting on my week.

Turtlbug thanks for the nice skethes and your cards came our so nice.

Dee, thanks for those nice colors.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
AcrossThePond Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:06:42 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Some I was too late to comment on last week.

Carrottop - Cute Tweetheart card, is that for your hubby?

NanaDonna - I had to use the oval on a slant as I had only left myself a silly small size of card to cut out the imageCursing Cursing and after colouring it in I had to find a way of using itLaugh didn't I. It seem to work out ok in the end.

Sue
AcrossThePond Offline
#15 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:10:55 AM(UTC)
AcrossThePond

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Turtlebug Thanks for hosting this week.
3 nice sketches there for us to use and such lovely sample cards already. Great idea to use up buttons where we can.
Your card for #2 is just lovely. I like the tag on #1 (Sandy will love that) the bird is nice and a great guy card for #3.
Now you will have to do a card for the ad colours. Have fun.

Sue
 1 user thanked AcrossThePond for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:30:14 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

YIPPEE!BigGrin First to post a card besides our wonderful hostess, a very odd occurrence.

Here is my sketch #3
Papers are from Websters Pages, a couple times a year they have a warehouse sale where you get a big box full of goodies. Papers ribbons, stickers, flowers etc etc..... This was my first time getting one.
"Hola Butterfly" is a digital image I bought/donated way back in October. One of my blogger friend's Forgotten Scraps 9 year old daughter drew it as a fund raiser for the Monarch Butterfly Fund, I will have more details on my blog later today when I post this card there. I colored him using my Copic markers.
Sentiment label cut from CCR Craft Room Basics and stamped with a CTMH stamp.
The 3 flowers are buttons for the extra credit.
Hola Butterfly

OK off to type up mu blog post then get started on another card.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:31:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: OOPS!

TurtleBug Offline
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:29:50 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Sooooo happy you are all loving the sketches. Thanks for the nice comments from everyone!

NanaDonna,

#3 - So, so cute, love the colors you used, they always look good together and the caterfly (?) with his Mexican hat is too cute. Love that set of Spellbinders where you can double layer, looks so pretty. I WANT some of those BUTTONS!!!!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:30:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: cause I can't spell right!!

Nancy J. Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:10:26 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

NanaDonna, wow love your card... everything about it so CUTE!!! love those buttons and that Hola Butterfly plus those color go great together.
 1 user thanked Nancy J. for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* on 1/16/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:36:00 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

NanaDonna
#3 - So, so cute, love the colors you used, they always look good together and the caterfly (?) with his Mexican hat is too cute. Love that set of Spellbinders where you can double layer, looks so pretty. I WANT some of those BUTTONS!!!!

Thanks, I thought he came out cute too BigGrin He was drawn as the stages of a Monarch butterfly from cocoon to butterfly, not sure where he picked up the Mexican hatLaugh Love but it sure does add to his character.

Spellbinders, I did not use any Spellbinders if you are referring to the label where I stamped the sentiment it was cut using Cricut Craft Room and it is in the basic shapes that are free to use with the program.

Buttons - I got them at Joann's and I think I seen them last time we were there, but I got them ages ago.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 2:39:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Joyful Carol Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 3:50:40 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Here is my sketch #1. I used the tag cut on Winter Woodland for the bird. I embossed the bottom layer a little more than halfway and lightly inked it in red. I also embossed the tag layer and inked it as well. I inked the edges of card, tag, and bird in brown. I heat embossed Happy Birthday and hand cut a couple of coordinating papers to layer the sentiment before adhering it to the card. I used a couple of flower buttons and a little flower jewel and called this one finished.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Cardinal Tag Birthday.jpg
BingoLady Offline
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 4:52:57 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 994 time(s) in 679 post(s)
my # 3 sketch and ad colors
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 3 sketch 044.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#22 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:29:24 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I am working backwards - here is my sketch #2

The image is stamped and colored with my Copics.
The happy birthday banner is cut from Artiste cartridge and stamped with a CTMH stamp.

The Pelican, Seagull & wood stumps are buttons.

TurtleBug Offline
#23 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:59:55 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
Turtlebug....thanks for hosting and for the great and simple sketches. Wonderful example cards and love your choice of color combos. Like the folders you use and I still need to find that chicken-wire one. I guess I should just order it online and be done with it. LOL. Did you tie that perfect little pink bow? If so, I have bow envy!!!!! The blue and gray is a great combo and I really like the background paper. The green and white card really pops.

Dee

Dee,
I only wish I could make nice bows like that one. These ones I bought at SAAS here in Tucson. It is a fabric surplus store where all the overstock (material, embellishments, buttons, ribbon, lace, thread, zippers, etc.) from the Garment Districts is sent to and everything is like dirt cheap. You need it they have it.

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:06:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:40:19 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Dee,
Thanks for the Ad Color Challenge, the colors are so soft and pretty. I thought "wedding card" as soon as I saw them. And, as AcrossthePond mentioned, since I already have all my sketches made I now need to make a fourth card with the Ad Colors in it. It's ok, I need more wedding cards, anyway!BigGrin

JoyfulCarol
#1 and Extra Credit - Like how you flipped the sketch, the tag is very nice layered. The bright red bird and green background really pop in front of the softer printed papers. The buttons finished the card nicely.

BingoLady
#3 and Ad Color - Love the silhouette of the girl holding the flower, very pretty. Like the little flowers and the bright pink Happy Birthday against the white.

NanaDonna
Sure you are feeing okay?!!LOL LOL LOL TWO cards in ONE day!!!
#2 and Extra Credit - Very nice, you finally got to use your lighthouse stamp, nice job with the Copics. Great guy card with the blue/green plaid paper. LOVE the buttons!!!

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:45:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:56:54 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

[quote=*NanaDonna*;1640937]

Spellbinders, I did not use any Spellbinders if you are referring to the label where I stamped the sentiment it was cut using Cricut Craft Room and it is in the basic shapes that are free to use with the program.
[quote]

Donna,
I thougt you used the Spellbinders that you showed me. The ones that you use one on top of the other??!!!???, can't remember exactly how they work. I did read how you made the label in your recipe the first time I saw your card posted, but by the time I went back to comment, I forgot I had read about it...big Senior Moment, sorry!!

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:06:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Gisele Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:32:48 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Turtlebug – thanks for hosting and for the great sketches and extra credit with buttons! I have a huge stash from my MIL so this will work out nicely. Sketch #1 – pretty tag card and such nice papers! Sketch #2 is such a pretty butterfly. Love the additions of the gems with the embossed paper! Sketch #3 – Great card and how nice for you to have received new CB folders at Christmas! Last year after seeing your “clockworks” folder on a design, I had to buy one myself. You just might be enabling me again!!

Dee – thanks for the pretty and soft ad colours! I have a few ideas now!

Donna – What a great card for Sketch #3 – love the cute “hola butterfly”, great papers and pretty buttons! Great Sketch #2 birthday card – The plaid papers and green embossed coordinate so well!

Joyful Carol – Such a pretty card for Sketch #1! Love the papers and all the inking!

Have a great day everyone! Hope to make a few cards tonight!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
♥ Raquel ♥ Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:55:52 AM(UTC)
♥ Raquel ♥

TurtleBug: your "forever & ever" card is awesome... I really like that way you did it

DeeScraps:
thanks for posting the Ad colors and wow, gorgeous

*NanaDonna*:
wow... cute "smile" card. The image is so cute and you did so well coloring it. Great guy card and I really love the way that banner came out

Joyful Carol:
oooh great birthday card with the cardinal. I LOVE that background paper you used with the tiny vines

BingoLady:
very pretty birthday card... great silhouette and the embossing adds so much to this

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:58:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: ... because I forgot something

christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:04:27 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
Turtlebug love the new sketches. Thanks. I can't wait to use my Cuddlebug machine on these because I did receive it finally this week! I just need a heating tool for my embossing powders now. :) Working on getting that too. :)

Feeling better little by little. Have a dry nasty cough that is still lingering. Each day I'm feeling better but resting mostly during the day time. It's a night that I tend to get bored. So I most definitely with have to play with these sketches and try on the new colors. .. love the colors by the way! :)
 1 user thanked christineramey8b61e521 for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/17/2013(UTC)
Nancy J. Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:29:27 PM(UTC)
Nancy J.

Hi...This is Nancy J. aka Carrottop50 I changed my profile name so it matches my blog...

Here is my sketch 3 with buttons....This is my hubby's valentine card. The sentment is computer generated

Cartridge: Indie Art

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:05:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nancy J. attached the following image(s):
IMG_0698.gif
SandyPalmer Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:38:44 PM(UTC)
SandyPalmer

Was thanked: 916 time(s) in 520 post(s)
Turtlebug, thanks for hosting! Very nice set of sketches this week! Oh, I like the look of your sketch 1 card! Great colors, and love the bow! Love your sketch 2 card! I love everything about it! Oh, great sketch 3 card as well!

Dee, I LOVE the ad colors this week! so lovely together!

Donna, ok, that card is just the cutest thing! Love your sketch 3 card! Beautiful coloring too!
Oh, love your sketch 2 card as well! Wonderful male card!

Joyful Carol, oh, what a lovely birthday card! Such a soft, gentle feel to the card!

BingoLady, pretty sketch 3 card! Great silhouette holding the rose!

Sorry I haven't been on much since we have come back from break! I am now on two DT's and I'm trying to get ahead so I can play more here!
 1 user thanked SandyPalmer for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 1/17/2013(UTC)