Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

86 Pages«<7071727374>»
RGK Offline
#2131 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:03:21 PM(UTC)
RGK

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Hello,
Pat, glad you enjoyed your day with your friend and sorted through the pix. Ok, tomorrow is decision day on the couch. First I have to make sure it's still there. I have had my missed opportunities too. I bet you're excited about your coming furniture.
Phyllis, I would be totally useless at 2AM. Do I want to ask when you get up? You don't have to answer that LOL. My day starts at 5. I get so much more done early in the morning.
Jess, I hope you felt more awake as the day went on. MOW day is coming up fast.
Deb, busy as always with house, laundry, workout etc etc. MIL's no-other-cancer result is great. Is it making her feel better? Gracie will probably need lots of grooming once she discovers how much fun it is to frolic in the snow, grass, mud...Is she housebroken already? --Glad the sucker cards turned out well. Looking forward to the pictures.
Gramma, are the cards done? I'm sure they are gorgeous as always. Will you please not send your cold temps our way? It's going to be arctic cold here next week. I wonder what Joanne's 80's feel like??
Brenda, welcome. Thank your sons for their service!
I got 2 CFS boxes ready for the PO tomorrow.----Good evening everyone. Renate
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2132 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:02:04 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Still having wonderful weather (sorry Gramma)
Pat - Sorry I didn't let you know about the cards coming. I wasn't sure I could get any done. I will do better next time ;)!
Phyllis - yes, we did think Fred was a boy for awhile. Found out she is a girl several years ago. We've had her for over 28 years so she is often still called a he!
Deb - I would keep my eye on the sky for that hawk too. That little Gracie is sooooo cute! Hope your New Year's plan is continuing to work out. You certainly deserve some peace.
Gramma - remember when we saw each other in FL and you telling me about your 40th anniversary trip to HI? Well the Mediterranean cruise we had planned for our 40th got cancelled. Grrrrrr . Spent hours - no days getting another cruise lined up along with new airline tickets etc. I am really sick of telephone 'on hold' music!......
Jess - How are those kazillion thank you notes coming along?
Renate - Here is a pic of the edelweiss - didn't see any so I wasn't tempted to pick it! Germany is done with exception of the Faceless Couple which is a story for another day :) it is one fat scrapbook!
And some others. Oh and Fred too!
Joanne

Edited by user Thursday, January 17, 2013 5:54:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nana22Nina22 attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2133 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:10:41 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Well that didn't work like it was supposed to... Back to the drawing board....
J
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2134 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:46:48 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Another try

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:54:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2135 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 7:57:28 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

More

Edited by user Tuesday, January 15, 2013 8:00:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
housefullofrotties Offline
#2136 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:39:39 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy MOW of the week to everyone. I hope today is peaceful and productive for all! The last two days had me running non-stop from the time I got up to the time I went to bed. I'm hopeful today is different! Have a good one!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2137 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:42:07 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good morning, happy Wed to you Jess....and Renate......hope your work days goes by in a flash.

Joanne great pics, but the MB won't bring up the last one, just the little circle Mad, so sorry about the cruise being canceled on you.....did you finally get your plans made to replace it?

Pat glad the cards arrived......

Borrowed a stamp from my friend, working on some card pieces so I can return it to her....she set up a notebook with 'everything in her craft room' and she can go right to the item.......said it took her a week, but the results are great.....

Need to run errands today since they say we have a slight chance of snow tomorrow (won't last long if it does)....us crazy southern folks want to empty the grocery shelves of bread, milk and suchBigGrin....sure glad I don't need either, but I do see a good sale on a few items so may run back today.....

Left DGS's ballgame at half time, boy they were out numbered, out sized and out played....poor Caleb should have been in football gear.....they were just mowing our boys down with no fouls being called.....

Have a great day, my attitude is still in check for the year, now on day 16, haven't missed a day on the Wii, yesterday I did 30 mins dancing.....and I had my timer so I could actually make sure it was 30 mins....boy am I sore today......later.....

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:51:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#2138 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:50:29 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Fuzzy picture of Gracie after her grooming, excuse hubby's foot....he has to wear the sandals around the house since he broke that foot, it still swells up after almost 2 yearsMellow

imnchghere Offline
#2139 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:59:35 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning. Another wet, dreary day and now there is snow in the forecast for tomorrow. This weather is wearing thin. Not sure if this will affect the furniture delivery.

Joann, don't worry about the cards. I had several who have shipped to me for years, send cards and not sign up for much the same reason. It all works out.

Brenda, welcome back and I look forward to your cards. And we will be honored to send cards to your son's unit when they get set up.

Going to get busy and finish putting stuff back in the hutch and moving things out of the way in the living room for tomorrow. I think I will have a bowl of oatmeal first though.

Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2140 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 9:50:09 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Going to try to post pics from my laptop and get rid of all the extras. MB wouldn't let me in earlier...

Edited by user Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:23:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

edelweiss Medium Web view.jpg
Fred Medium Web view.jpg
Scotland ii Medium Web view.jpg
Scotland Medium Web view.jpg
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2141 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:40:14 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Well that certainly took longer than it should have.....sheeeesh
Deb - Gracie looks lovely after her "do" I didn't realize just how tiny she is! I can't believe it has been 2 years since hubby broke his foot... Yes we found another cruise. It is with another cruise line and a week or so earlier. Doesn't go to all the same ports though. But that is okay at this point. I am just glad we found one:)
Pat - The cards should arrive today I think. Hope the weather doesn't mess with your furniture delivery. The Scotland pics are for you while you enjoy your "porridge"!!
Jess and Renate - the end of the week is in site. Hope it goes well.
Hi Gramma - Getting ready for the Treasure Hunt/ shop hop and it looks like we will be going to two more stores in Orlando. I'll let you know how they are and if we need to add them to your itinerary!!
Joanne
imnchghere Offline
#2142 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:40:05 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon...Joann, thanks for the pictures of the homeland. My grandparents were from Hill of Beath. My grandfather's record says Hill of Beath, Beath Scotland and my grandmother's says Hill of Beath, Fifeshire Scotland. Not sure if that is the same as your Beith. Hmmmmm
I think one of my uncles visited that area when he was in the army, but I am not sure if he has any pictures. I guess I could try to ask.

Hutch has been reloaded and I moved more furniture pieces. Wet weather has kept me from moving small pieces into the shed. We have snow forecast tomorrow, but we are on the northern edge and slated to get less than youngest dd who is now living further south but still in N VA. Joann, you would know Dale City. Anyway, I don't need snow tomorrow and I am hoping the delivery is before it gets messy. Winter is already tiresome and it is just partly over.

Deb, I have never made pretzels, but I might try them sometime. I think the grands would like them. I just had some tea and a muffin for lunch. I need to make a plan for dinner. I might have to break down and cook a smoked sausage I wanted to do on the grill. Other thought is soup and egg rolls. Stay tuned.

Jess, I hope the day went well for you. About time for you to be getting off.
Hello to everyone else.. gramma, Phyllis, Renate and anyone I missed.
Dbson Offline
#2143 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2013 6:10:29 PM(UTC)
Dbson

We may get 1-2 inches of the white stuffHuh Huh Huh.....this has been some weird weather lately.....sadly our temps are too high to cause much trouble, but then going low to about 27* tomorrow night which means freezing water/black ice....no errands today and may not get any done tomorrow either....

Sis just sent me an email, due to the water leak, they have hardwood floors to repair, said they would be out about a week.....either stay with my brother, can stay here too....

Pat I hope your furniture gets to your house before the weather hits your area.....hubby has a package coming by FedEx and they have an advisory on their site....shouldn't have any problem getting his stuff as it is coming from FL.....

Joanne glad you got another cruise lined up......hope the parrot (and he/she is beautiful) heals well....yes, Gracie is a little thing.....

Need to turn around and get busy.....just cut 150+ pieces of card stock so I need to score them now, just about out of bases....have a great night everyone....
#2144 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:32:53 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy middle of the night! A quick scan shows that everyone is managing to keep busy! Have a great day!

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#2145 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:28:29 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Happy Thursday everyone.

Deb, did you get the snow? 1-2 inches here would not slow anyone down but I understand its different in the south. Now ice is another story, which was predicted for yesterday morning but we didn't get any. I know you mentioned Gracie's tear staining, maybe on FB, which is a problem for white dogs. My SIL is using something for their dog that is working, I'll have to ask her what it is. Cody had it as a pup but after his eye surgery it completely stopped. The surgery was for a different problem but it fixed the tear staining.

Pat, any furniture delivery yet?

Joanne, Fred looks like a parrot that we used to have. Hope your cruise plans work out. Great pictures.

Jess, happy work day to you, it's probably over by now.

Hello to Gramma and Renate and anyone else dropping by.

Someone asked what time I get up every day, well it 's probably later than all of you, LOL. Dogs sleep late too, they know the routine. Gotta get in the shower and maybe make a trip to A's to return something. DH is at the Dr.'s office, I need to get an appointment set also for my 6 month check up.

Dbson Offline
#2146 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:20:22 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Phyllis it has just started snowing here, around 1:10pm....still too warm for anything to stick during the day, but the cold night will surely make a difference...got a few errands done, picked a little sweater up for Gracie...but still too big....yes, the tear stains may be worse for her with her size...I am washing her face every day, but hate to rub too hard....Prissy did not have any staining at all.....I know there is something you can add to food, plus the angel eyes stuff didn't work for us....just daily washing was the trick with the last Maltese.....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#2147 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:57:12 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Weather here is crummy too. I had to laugh when my 'weather app' sent me a winter storm warning!! Consisted of high surf and a lake wind advisory! Cold and rainy...
Pat - My Beith is in Ayreshire on the west coast near Glascow. The word means "birch" When I was doing a little research for my scrapbook they referred to a "Hill of Beith". Hmmmm indeed. Yes, I do remember Dale City. Is that where your DD is? VA DD is expecting snow also and she is glad she hit the grocery store yesterday with everyone buying milk, bread and toilet paperBigGrin
Phyllis - Fred is a Double Yellow Headed Amazon. We've had her since she was a chick.
Deb - Hope you don't need to go out again. I hate ice more than anything...
Hello to Jess, Renate and Gramma.
Joanne
#2148 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:42:02 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi! I'm going to see how much catch up I can do in six minutes!

Joanne~Wow to 80* temps! Poor birdie! Hope she's doing fine.

Gramma~Did you get your OJ work done? He keeps you busy with new designs! I pick the Ravens. It's a long shot.

Renate~What was the verdict on the couch? Spring would be nice!

Pat~Glad you had a good day at your friends. Always good to have a backup!

Phyllis~Are you caught up on all the housework? I've looked a little more into the program but haven't seen anything useful. I'll keep trying!

Deb~How did MIL's most recent appt go? Good news that the cancer hasn't spread.

Brenda~Thanks for joining in! A big thank you to your sons for their service.

Must sign off now. Meeting friends for dinner and want to pick up a few groceries beforehand.
Have a nice night!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2149 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 4:37:05 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Jess hubby just took the mail, but she wasn't where he could ask...we thought it was yesterday, but wasn't til today....goes back to her regular time in the morning, will see how many treatments they have her down for now....had some snow, not much now but other areas had 4"....
RGK Offline
#2150 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:46:01 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening everyone,
Hope everyone is doing well. Joann, beautiful pictures of your trips. Where are you going on your cruise? Glad you found one you like. DH was born in Glasgow, his family left when he was 2. Never went back to visit. Scotland looks beautiful. Fred is cute, wow you had him/her for a long time. Had to chuckle reading about your "winter storm warning". Our warnings look just a little different LOL!!
Deb, how does Gracie like the snow? Does snow normally hang around for a while? Hate what happens when the temps drop. Sorry for your sis' flooding trouble, are they staying with you?
Phyllis, did you find something at A's? They got a good coupon this week, hopefully I can find something I have to have.
Jess, almost weekend. I keep thinking today is Friday. Sooo busy at work. I have a 3-day weekend coming up. Do you? I'm going to actively look into the couch thing.
Pat, was your furniture delivered today? Hope all worked out ok.
I've been working on my scanning project again, got my files pretty much sorted and they all match on the fd, external HD and PC. It should be smooth going now.--I mailed 2 boxes to my unit yesterday, 300 cards in each, topped with Valentine candy. I started working on general use cards last weekend and plan to play again this weekend.
Hello to anyone stopping by. Good night, Renate
#2151 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 1:35:02 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Woohoo for Friday! As usual it took it's sweet time in getting here! Have a fabulous day!

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#2152 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 8:22:29 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and I know there are those who are happy it is Friday. I am happy the sun is shining. Want to get some errands ran and make plans for the weekend. We need to run (not literally since it is 45 mi) up to Gettysburg to take care of some society prep for our meeting in April. There is a Winery we would like to visit for maybe a social hour as well as trying to line up other activities to attract attendees. I guess social secretary is a new hat I am wearing.

We ended up with no snow from the storm in MD, but further south in VA they got a lot more. Joann, dd who was in Manassas has moved to Dale City.

Furniture was delivered yesterday and now it is just a matter of making it work until we can get started on the remodel, which is months down the road at best. But we can still enjoy the pieces, sort of all over the house.

Going to cut some bunnies and chicks for the grands to use on cards. Also some grass strips. I think I will cut chocolate bunnies. Found lots of brown scraps of paper I can utilize.

I can't remember what all I read, so I am going to bundle up and head out. Will check in later.

Dbson Offline
#2153 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 11:19:31 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy sunny Friday....finally the sun is shining and actually warming up a bit....schools did a 2 hour delay, mostly due to the water/low temps....bought a new file last night, working on hubby's Valentine card, think it will be very pretty.....one new Lane recliner returned....sadly the seat had almost collapsed after one week of use, no stuffing or whatever they use was staying in the area...hubby called on Monday and today was the first dry day to return.....he is now sitting in my chair, if it does the same thing, it goes back too....sad too....our first Lane's lasted about 13 years, only got rid of them because we changed colors....
Renate we didn't get Gracie out in the wet yesterday, she is so tiny I don't want to chance getting her sick.....she was wound up last night though....
Pat glad the furniture is there, hope the remodel will go smooth, whenever you can get it done...
Jess saw your cards on FB, too cute...
Gramma, Joanne, Phyllis....good morning to you.....have a great day all.....
RGK Offline
#2154 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 2:58:53 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello from one of those "happy it's Friday" people.
Pat, glad you got the furniture in the house, hope you get it all placed where you want it. I know you're anxious to get the remodeling, purging etc all done.--What all is involved in being a social secretary? Hopefully not too much.
Deb, sorry about the trouble with the chair(s). Must have been a lemon. We bought a recliner a long time ago, in Georgia. My husband sat in it to recline, and it kept going down all the way to the floor. After we had a good laugh, the store owner came and brought us another one. Your story reminded me of that.--Don't blame you on keeping little Gracie safe and sound.--Happy about your continued good attitude.
Hi to everyone else stopping by....Renate
imnchghere Offline
#2155 Posted : Friday, January 18, 2013 11:02:34 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening everyone... It was another unproductive day for me except for getting my boxes in the mail. Oh and going to Lowe's and finding paint chips of the colors I want to use in the dining room/kitchen/living room. I am so anxious to get started on this project, but need to be patient since we are dealing with a lot of expenses.
I was thinking today that I wished I had started back to exercising when Deb did on the 1st. I have been working on better eating, but exercise is what I need. So that is going to be my goal starting Sunday. We are leaving early tomorrow for a day in Gettysburg (lots of walking), so I won't have time to do anything before we leave.
I am also having trouble getting back to the purging/sorting. I had done so well, so that is my other plan. Really COLD weather heading our way the middle of next week, so I want to get back to
inside projects. Like page kits for my upcoming crop in March. Hoping to get my pages all caught up. I will take cards to work on also, because some times it is easier to take a break and do something that just requires quick assembly.

Deb, when you say that Gracie is tiny, just how small is she and how big will she get? She is a real cutie.
Renate, I was just kidding about "social secretary". I am already Executive and Corresponding. I am dealing with the trip to Gettysburg, because I live close by.
Time for me to head to bed. Hello to Gramma, Joann, Phyllis & Jess. Hope everyone has a great Saturday.
#2156 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:03:22 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good morning!

Joanne~We had the boy-girl problem with a kitten when I was young. I named him Jon-Erik (remember the hot, young actor many years ago? Last name Hexum)(hey, I was in high school) well he became Jon-Erica! What a bummer on the cruise. Hope the one you found to replcae it will be even better! Neat pictures! It looks like a busy place.

Deb~Wow! How organized is your friend!! Hope everyone managed ok in the snow. What a bummer on the recliner. Did they say if they had heard of that happening to others?

Pat~I agree with your thoughts on winter.Oh so happy I was that it was Friday! Glad you decided to take the car rather than running today! Have a good trip! The winery sounds fun. Let me know if you find anything good. I don't drink much of it but I sometimes by it for my sis. I have six of the jumbo bottles of Riesling behind me right now! Glad the furniture got delivered without any problems.

Renate~Didn't I see that A's has some new tool? Just went and looked...shape and button punches. Look interesting. Actively look..ha ha!! Lucky you for a three day weekend. Nope, not going to happen for us in the tranportation industry! People don't even like it if their freight isn't able to be delivered due to inclement weather!!

Hi to Phyllis and Gramma! Stamp camp today. good sized group coming with some new attendees. Hope it goes well. My face is puffy and my eyes are swollen today. Can't imagine what it could be from. I think everything is frozen around here! The usual going on around here. Busy. Lots of errands done this week. Ordered Brad a new rifle (because he's spoiled). It's a newer model but it's got lots of good reviews. He's excited to get it. And then that means I get the next new gun! Also bought him a big log splitter. He cuts all our wood at the chateau (most people buy it and have it dumped at their place). At the cost it better last forever! Bitter cold weather around the corner for us. Makes me want to hibernate!! Have a good day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#2157 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:17:04 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, off shortly to Austin's basketball game, then home to drop hubby off and then help with retreat prizes, will be a long afternoon....won't get to work but about 6 hours.....

Pat I loved our trip to Gettysburg....just wish we had been able to spend more time....but it was a rainy and messy couple days when we were there.....and Gracie is 2#'s now, if I put my middle finger to my thumb, that is about the size of her neck.....XS sweater is 'too' big, she needs and XXS, she might get 4#'s when full grown....

Hello to everyone else, we are off....
Gramma Offline
#2158 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:50:30 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings from sunny WNY... temps may reach (drum roll) 40 today!

I think I finally got caught up on the OJ. Lots of new requirements to remain on the DT, but they aren't much more than I was doing anyway... so all is good. Hoping to get time to make at least a few CFS cards today and tomorrow. Easter it is!

Pat, congrats on the new furniture. I haven't been to Gettysburg since I was in High School. I guess I need to go back.

Hellos to Phyllis, Deb, Renate, Joanne and Jess, along with anyone else I may have missed.

Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#2159 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 7:33:14 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy sunny Sunday.....DGS's team won the game, home and dropped off hubby, headed to scrap work day...got home about 7:10 last night, then hubby's cousin called to chat.....her hubby is bedridden, Alzheimer's...so sad as he was such a robust, active man....87 years old, his kids don't understand her life now....they visit once a week.....but do help her out with a care giver......

I am off to the Wii.....day 20 of the new 'me' and enjoying every minute of it....Gracie is a hoot....she was wound up last night, again.....finally getting comfortable with us and follows us around the house (we don't let her loose much) but good girl didn't wet her kennel last night either......she is learning....

Have a small b'day party after church this morning for a former member, later...
imnchghere Offline
#2160 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2013 8:39:47 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Sunday morning ~ it is chilly, but not as cold as it is going to be in a few days.

Gettysburg was fun. We checked out a winery and did a free tasting. We weren't impressed, although the wines were good. We bought 4 bottles. The lady who helped us, was just not very informative. I don't know if it was because they were really busy and only had 2 people pouring, or what. I am going to call and see what it costs to set up a group tasting. They have a special room for that.
We drove through the battlefield (for the umpteenth time) just because it is there, went to dinner and headed home. I did see there is a scrapbook store in town, so might be checking it out next trip up. The hotel our group is planning to use had a crop going on in the event room, so we peeked in (to see the room size) and of course dd and I had to chat with one of the croppers, who gave us flyers and info on future crops. There were about 3 doz croppers, so a nice size group.

Deb, wow, Gracie really is tiny. She would get lost in tall grass. Cute about her following you both around the house. Yea for dgs's team.
And yea for day 20. My plan is to ride the bike today and get that routine going again. Not sure how well I will do after such a long break, but I have to start somewhere.
So witth that said, off I go. Going to pop in a show I dvr'd from Geographic on DNA.
Hello to everyone and to quote Gramma... stay warm.